Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,200 of 1229
  1. #1121
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    160
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was under the wrong impression he matured and was at prime and expected to do what kohli did, score (in test innings!) impactful runs. Not only was he a dud but got runout twice costing India the series, this inspite of the stupid sekection from kohli. Especially 1st innings of 2nd test, India could have scored 100 runs lead which would have made a see saw of a match than the tame surrender of batsmen sans kohli. Pathetic, he should be given the same treatment as rahane was given. Scoring 40 out of 150 balls is good if you are looking to save matches, not win them..

  2. #1122
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,192
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ind_win View Post
    Was under the wrong impression he matured and was at prime and expected to do what kohli did, score (in test innings!) impactful runs. Not only was he a dud but got runout twice costing India the series, this inspite of the stupid sekection from kohli. Especially 1st innings of 2nd test, India could have scored 100 runs lead which would have made a see saw of a match than the tame surrender of batsmen sans kohli. Pathetic, he should be given the same treatment as rahane was given. Scoring 40 out of 150 balls is good if you are looking to save matches, not win them..
    If he did not score that 50 in the first innings in 3rd game we wouldn't have won that game but feel free to ignore that and continue your hate.

  3. #1123
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    160
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    If he did not score that 50 in the first innings in 3rd game we wouldn't have won that game but feel free to ignore that and continue your hate.
    I am the 1st person to acknowledge if a player performs to his team's cause..his runouts and dismal 1st match,(considering that he plays this format alone makes me expect him to perform more frequently or maturely)...and as for the 50 even vijay scored 25 from 120 or so balls. I rate both playes' innings as good. Plus he is on the 2nd or 3rd leg of most tours , I should expect to put garlands to his portrait? As for hate, it is not the right word as I was expecting so much from him, if you scroll to top of page ir see my previous posts, I imagined him to be the #1 batsman of the team and as for me, his position is up for grabs in 1-1.5 years time for another performing or worthy guy. You can anything, but his strike rate and scoring shots have to be improved. More so when both vijay and 2nd opener are non absent in scoring. One good ball and 140 ball 25 is wasted...defend but improve strike rate or let go your position is my take.

  4. #1124
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,192
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ind_win View Post
    I am the 1st person to acknowledge if a player performs to his team's cause..his runouts and dismal 1st match,(considering that he plays this format alone makes me expect him to perform more frequently or maturely)...and as for the 50 even vijay scored 25 from 120 or so balls. I rate both playes' innings as good. Plus he is on the 2nd or 3rd leg of most tours , I should expect to put garlands to his portrait? As for hate, it is not the right word as I was expecting so much from him, if you scroll to top of page ir see my previous posts, I imagined him to be the #1 batsman of the team and as for me, his position is up for grabs in 1-1.5 years time for another performing or worthy guy. You can anything, but his strike rate and scoring shots have to be improved. More so when both vijay and 2nd opener are non absent in scoring. One good ball and 140 ball 25 is wasted...defend but improve strike rate or let go your position is my take.
    This is what happens when people think test is like t-20, it is a test match you don't need a good strike rate you need runs, so what if he scored 1 run off 50+ balls this isn't a LoI the runs count not the balls.

  5. #1125
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    160
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    This is what happens when people think test is like t-20, it is a test match you don't need a good strike rate you need runs, so what if he scored 1 run off 50+ balls this isn't a LoI the runs count not the balls.
    This is what happens when people imagine to know to know all and become judgmental. I have my opinion and I stick by that and I am not inflexible to cricket's time demands. If this 40 ball 150 continues, test cricket will see its eventual death and also team will not win matches. People may open, continue, keep on commenting on my comment. I choose to ignore this thread and such people from now on.

  6. #1126
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,192
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ind_win View Post
    This is what happens when people imagine to know to know all and become judgmental. I have my opinion and I stick by that and I am not inflexible to cricket's time demands. If this 40 ball 150 continues, test cricket will see its eventual death and also team will not win matches. People may open, continue, keep on commenting on my comment. I choose to ignore this thread and such people from now on.
    So in a game that finished in 3 days and a grand total of 4 batsman got past 50 your issue is strike rate but when someone points it out they are judgemental.

  7. #1127
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,144
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely been below par overseas but still one of the best Test batsmen India has to offer. At worst he will be India's Mahela Jayawardene playing incredible match changing innings in Asia while being below par overseas, definitely not enough to make it to the ATG level but still a very very good level to be.

    Good to see that he is playing county this season as well, a good England tour would go a long way in changing perceptions.

  8. #1128
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    918
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    This is what happens when people think test is like t-20, it is a test match you don't need a good strike rate you need runs, so what if he scored 1 run off 50 balls this isn't a LoI the runs count not the balls.
    Your point is right if he was scoring 70 or 80 if not hundred, he is literally not doing anything . Dravid strike rate was also low but nobody complained because he made it count. On a tough seaming wicket you can't stay there, one ball will get you out, you need to be positive . Not asking him to play blinder or faster but at least try to get single if it is in your zone.
    My problem is that for a no. 3 he don't know his zone. He runs when he don't have to and sometimes bogs down so much that start playing it dead even when ball is on middle or middle leg stump.
    His issues are technical, he never look settle
    While playing on spin pitches , with low strike rate he look settled.
    Last edited by Navdeep Srivastava; 2nd February 2018 at 16:48.

  9. #1129
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    918
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now India may be facing all time low batting resource, so Pujara place is safe for two year.
    What we can do it to let Pujara and Vijay open , they can blunt new ball by making 180 ball 50 run. And then Rahul , Kohli , Rahane can score.

  10. #1130
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    4,259
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    In which professional sport do you believe the players choose their fans over money? Do tell...
    IPL in India

  11. #1131
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    1,352
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pujara should sign up with one of the English counties so that he can get used to English conditions and pitches before India begin their tour later this year.

  12. #1132
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    25,221
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post
    Pujara should sign up with one of the English counties so that he can get used to English conditions and pitches before India begin their tour later this year.
    Post #1097 http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...04#post9594004


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  13. #1133
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    25,221
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Cheteshwar Pujara: I have a lot to offer in limited-overs cricket

    2018 will be the fourth year on a trot that Cheteshwar Pujara will miss IPL. In the IPL Auction 2018, Pujara went unsold again. Pujara has played 30 matches in the IPL, scoring 390 runs at 20.52 and his strike rate is below 100. He has played 58 T20s, has scored at 25.48 and has managed a strike rate just above 105. It has been over a year since he played a T20.

    In contrast to his dismal T20 record, Pujara despite the label of ‘Test specialist’ has excellent numbers in List A cricket. He has 3,804 runs at 54.34 in List A cricket and he believes he has a lot to offer in shorter formats.

    Pujara also believes that not being able to seal IPL deal has got a lot to do with ‘public perceptions’.

    “Perception I would say has played a major role. If you check my performance in List A and T20s, I still have a lot to offer in shorter formats. I am not at all worried as I know my opportunity would come at some point of time,” a hopeful Pujara told PTI.

    Missing out on the IPL, Pujara will be playing county cricket for Yorkshire in the 2018 season.

    http://www.cricketcountry.com/news/c...cricket-687667


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  14. #1134
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,335
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Cheteshwar Pujara: I have a lot to offer in limited-overs cricket

    2018 will be the fourth year on a trot that Cheteshwar Pujara will miss IPL. In the IPL Auction 2018, Pujara went unsold again. Pujara has played 30 matches in the IPL, scoring 390 runs at 20.52 and his strike rate is below 100. He has played 58 T20s, has scored at 25.48 and has managed a strike rate just above 105. It has been over a year since he played a T20.

    In contrast to his dismal T20 record, Pujara despite the label of ‘Test specialist’ has excellent numbers in List A cricket. He has 3,804 runs at 54.34 in List A cricket and he believes he has a lot to offer in shorter formats.

    Pujara also believes that not being able to seal IPL deal has got a lot to do with ‘public perceptions’.

    “Perception I would say has played a major role. If you check my performance in List A and T20s, I still have a lot to offer in shorter formats. I am not at all worried as I know my opportunity would come at some point of time,” a hopeful Pujara told PTI.

    Missing out on the IPL, Pujara will be playing county cricket for Yorkshire in the 2018 season.

    http://www.cricketcountry.com/news/c...cricket-687667
    Yea right lol. As it is we are trying hard to get rid of Rahane.

  15. #1135
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,335
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One dayers should have players with multiple gears right through the line up. These days high scoring is the order of the day. Very rarely you get juicy helpful wickets. You don't pick team for that. If you don't have more than 2 gears you are pretty much useless. You need atleast 4 gears , 5th, 6th even better.

  16. #1136
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    722
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Cheteshwar Pujara: I have a lot to offer in limited-overs cricket

    2018 will be the fourth year on a trot that Cheteshwar Pujara will miss IPL. In the IPL Auction 2018, Pujara went unsold again. Pujara has played 30 matches in the IPL, scoring 390 runs at 20.52 and his strike rate is below 100. He has played 58 T20s, has scored at 25.48 and has managed a strike rate just above 105. It has been over a year since he played a T20.

    In contrast to his dismal T20 record, Pujara despite the label of ‘Test specialist’ has excellent numbers in List A cricket. He has 3,804 runs at 54.34 in List A cricket and he believes he has a lot to offer in shorter formats.

    Pujara also believes that not being able to seal IPL deal has got a lot to do with ‘public perceptions’.

    “Perception I would say has played a major role. If you check my performance in List A and T20s, I still have a lot to offer in shorter formats. I am not at all worried as I know my opportunity would come at some point of time,” a hopeful Pujara told PTI.

    Missing out on the IPL, Pujara will be playing county cricket for Yorkshire in the 2018 season.

    http://www.cricketcountry.com/news/c...cricket-687667
    Forget about Limited Overs,He needs to worry about his place in Test Side.One more bad series in england,Then he is probably going to be dropped from Tests as well.

  17. #1137
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    6,479
    Mentioned
    1259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Thanks but no thanks. Pujara should stick to Test cricket only for India. Pujara has excellent List A record (averages 50+ I think?) but we don't need him in ODI team. We already are carrying Rahane in the squad who plays similar type of cricket. Pujara is a big hitter and the only spot we have open at the moment is of number 4 or 6, both not suited to Pujara's style of play.

  18. #1138
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    3,974
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has nothing to offer in LOIs
    He simply isn't needed in shorter formats of game


    [QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

  19. #1139
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,825
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    County season has started, Pujara off to a poor start, 2(15) for Yorkshire vs Nottinghamshire

  20. #1140
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,825
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pujara at risk of being dropped by Yorks, needs a big knock 2nd innings

  21. #1141
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,127
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Pujara at risk of being dropped by Yorks, needs a big knock 2nd innings
    Looks like. Yorkshire is a top team and going by his contribution, Pujara doesn’t deserve a place.
    If he continues to expose himself in these conditions, wont be surprised if Kohli also drops him for a few tests in England.

  22. #1142
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,887
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kind of depressing, from an Indian POV, to see how Pujara’s career has developed - sure he’s great at home (and in Sri Lanka) but he’s failed in Australia, England, New Zealand, South Africa and the West Indies. The upcoming test series is going to be a huge one for him. He also needs to start being a bit more positive when batting - he gets bogged down way too often.

  23. #1143
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    4,259
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What is his overall record like in County? Like the batting average and number of innings ?

  24. #1144
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    4,983
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Looks like. Yorkshire is a top team and going by his contribution, Pujara doesn’t deserve a place.
    If he continues to expose himself in these conditions, wont be surprised if Kohli also drops him for a few tests in England.
    And replace Pujara with who exactly in India? Vijay has regressed too and Dhawan is always in and out. Pujara will get the support. I must say, India's test top 3 are very average.

  25. #1145
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,127
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    And replace Pujara with who exactly in India? Vijay has regressed too and Dhawan is always in and out. Pujara will get the support. I must say, India's test top 3 are very average.
    Rohit Sharma. Kohli loves him.

  26. #1146
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,825
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pujara in again, 321 to get, 49/1

  27. #1147
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,788
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    And replace Pujara with who exactly in India? Vijay has regressed too and Dhawan is always in and out. Pujara will get the support. I must say, India's test top 3 are very average.
    Pujara and Vijay are starters. So either of them can't replace other. Both are pretty bad now. A young replacement can't do worse than that. Anyway with Kaptaan Kohli tactics , India are gonna get pummelled.

  28. #1148
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    722
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's sad to see that two of favourite batsmen Pujara and Vijay are struggling with form.

  29. #1149
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,010
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    And replace Pujara with who exactly in India? Vijay has regressed too and Dhawan is always in and out. Pujara will get the support. I must say, India's test top 3 are very average.
    We do have some youngsters like Prithvi Shaw, Subham Gill etc. who may come good.

    But Pujara has earned a few more chances with the Indian team (in spite of his 2 run outs in SA which may very well have cost India the series).

  30. #1150
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,825
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out for 6, Ishant has more runs in 1 innings than Pujara in 4

  31. #1151
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,788
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Out for 6, Ishant has more runs in 1 innings than Pujara in 4
    It is time India realise his problem as a matter of lack of skill rather than hoping he will come good.

  32. #1152
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    943
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I like Pujara, if he doesn't score runs during the next overseas cycle, he needs to be dropped. The excuses of 'blunting the new ball' or 'at least he is getting starts' won't cut it now.

  33. #1153
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    4,983
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    We do have some youngsters like Prithvi Shaw, Subham Gill etc. who may come good.

    But Pujara has earned a few more chances with the Indian team (in spite of his 2 run outs in SA which may very well have cost India the series).
    They still need FC experience. Yes, Pujara has earned more chances.

  34. #1154
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    6,736
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unless he turns around his wretched form in the upcoming matches, I think we are better served to not pick Pujara in the Test 11. He's playing his third season of county cricket and except for scoring runs end of summer, hasn't done much. We should much rather try a younger batsman in his place (no Rohits and Rainas please). Have a sense Dinesh Karthik may become a popular choice (did well in England in 2007!).

  35. #1155
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    4,983
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    As much as I like Pujara, if he doesn't score runs during the next overseas cycle, he needs to be dropped. The excuses of 'blunting the new ball' or 'at least he is getting starts' won't cut it now.
    He was dropped not too long ago but India missed him. Rahul, Vijay, Dhawan and Pujara are fighting for top 3 slots. Dhawan doesn't evoke much confidence abroad, Vijay has gone from above to below average. Unless there is a viable alternative, Pujara will stay.

  36. #1156
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,788
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    He was dropped not too long ago but India missed him. Rahul, Vijay, Dhawan and Pujara are fighting for top 3 slots. Dhawan doesn't evoke much confidence abroad, Vijay has gone from above to below average. Unless there is a viable alternative, Pujara will stay.
    Blunting the new ball without scoring runs and getting out . Invariably other new ball comes without many runs on the board. So not that effective. So many blunters go on to score big runs by spending whole 2 days. Azhar Ali , Cook etc. Pujara does blunt for some time and gets out cheaply.

  37. #1157
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,580
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am afraid of India's batting now.

    Pujara was at Bradmanesque level in Asia but was way below par in South Africa, Rahul also was terrible in SA and I am not sure if Vijay is past his peak or still has in him.

    With this we come down to Kohli and Rahane and all of a sudden it looks like a team which felt like an ATG lineup with Vijay, Rahul, Pujara, Kohli and Rahane is now looking like a team dependent on one man- Virat Kohli.

  38. #1158
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,788
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    I am afraid of India's batting now.

    Pujara was at Bradmanesque level in Asia but was way below par in South Africa, Rahul also was terrible in SA and I am not sure if Vijay is past his peak or still has in him.

    With this we come down to Kohli and Rahane and all of a sudden it looks like a team which felt like an ATG lineup with Vijay, Rahul, Pujara, Kohli and Rahane is now looking like a team dependent on one man- Virat Kohli.
    Rahul played only one match in SA and that too on a treacherous Joburg pitch. So he should be given more chances.

  39. #1159
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    722
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    Rahul played only one match in SA and that too on a treacherous Joburg pitch. So he should be given more chances.
    played 2 match

  40. #1160
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,788
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    played 2 match
    Is it ?? My bad then. Still some chances for him to prove is needed .

  41. #1161
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    722
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    Is it ?? My bad then. Still some chances for him to prove is needed .
    I absolutely don't mind picking Rahul over Dhawan or Pujara(if he fails in first 2 or 3 tests).Dhawan might struggle badly in England (judging by his technique).

    Tbh I thought Picking Dhawan over Rahul in SA would've been more sensible option.I was entertained by the thought of Dhawan replicating even 50% of what Warner did in SA(2014).

  42. #1162
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,580
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    Is it ?? My bad then. Still some chances for him to prove is needed .
    Batting is quite unstable now. Kohli hasn't repeated a playing XI again in any single match till now.

  43. #1163
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,788
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Batting is quite unstable now. Kohli hasn't repeated a playing XI again in any single match till now.
    There is no way Vijay and Pujara can both play now in the team. Both of them are out of depth and score will not move.

  44. #1164
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,887
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another failure.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8...sion-one-2018/

    His county scores so far:

    2, 18, 7, 6, 9, 41, 17, 0.

  45. #1165
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    943
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Another failure.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8...sion-one-2018/

    His county scores so far:

    2, 18, 7, 6, 9, 41, 17, 0.
    Time to drop him from the test team. I've had enough of the 'ball blunting' excuse. I would prefer to see 200 in the runs scored column instead of ball faced column while scoring 20 runs.

  46. #1166
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,580
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is ridiculous that this guy was batting like a Bradman on Asian pitches and has turned into a tailenders once again as soon as he stepped outside Asia.

  47. #1167
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    21,487
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pujara shouldn't bat at 3 in overseas tests. I would move him to open where his blocking will be of use and put Rahane at 3. Rahane is good against lateral movement and batting at 3 will mean he can avoid spin which is his weakness.

    Pujara dead batting will cost India overseas and put more pressure on the team. If he opens and dead bats he can see off the new ball.

    India need him to step up.

  48. #1168
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,667
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What has Rahane been doing for the past month or so? With Pujara proving that he's a HTB, Kohli having a poor record in England and the rest of the batting unsettled, Rahane will have to become India's main man once again.

  49. #1169
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,667
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Will Pujara play the home test against Afghanistan or stay in England? It would probably be better for him to get some runs behind him even if they come in India.

  50. #1170
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,887
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Will Pujara play the home test against Afghanistan or stay in England? It would probably be better for him to get some runs behind him even if they come in India.
    Yes he’s coming back to India to play the one off test. A silly decision by the BCCI imo.

  51. #1171
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,887
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finally some runs for Pujara albeit in the 50 overs format. His last 3 scores were 82, 73 and 101.

  52. #1172
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,510
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Finally some runs for Pujara albeit in the 50 overs format. His last 3 scores were 82, 73 and 101.
    Had 4 consecutive 50+ scores before the 2 failures. Not bad

  53. #1173
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,127
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was he always bad at running or is it a new habit that he has developed?

    Been playing well otherwise. Hopefully his ODI form rubs off to the longer format.

  54. #1174
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,079
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It seems playing county cricket has helped Pujara unclutter his mind and improve his match awareness. That's pretty normal because the test series is going to be played in the same conditions. This is why Kohli also wanted to play for Surrey.

    But there is a new fashion in town these days where you play T20 matches on pattas in a different country, unclutter your mind, gain confidence and then perform in seaming & swinging conditions in a different country.

  55. #1175
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    69,305
    Mentioned
    1452 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Interviewed him today.

    Watch this space for the interview.



  56. #1176
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    4,261
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprising to see his struggles as with his technique i think he can cope swing/seam well but bounce not that much.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  57. #1177
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,089
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pujara should enjoy the conditions in England. They will be perfect for his style of batting. I will be disappointed if he does not score at least two 100s.

  58. #1178
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,887
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Another failure.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8...sion-one-2018/

    His county scores so far:

    2, 18, 7, 6, 9, 41, 17, 0.
    To add to the above he scored a duck and 32 last week and 23 from 111 balls today.

    That’s 155 runs in 11 inns @ 14. Today he took 70 minutes and 42 balls to get off the mark.

    Anderson and co will be licking their lips.

  59. #1179
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,732
    Mentioned
    4780 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    India should probably look into the idea of dropping Pujara and playing a third opener at number three. Based on his current form, a top three of Vijay, Dhawan and KL Rahul is likely to do better.

    However, it is a five match series and it is quite possible that he will play a big innings at some point.

  60. #1180
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,089
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    India should probably look into the idea of dropping Pujara and playing a third opener at number three. Based on his current form, a top three of Vijay, Dhawan and KL Rahul is likely to do better.

    However, it is a five match series and it is quite possible that he will play a big innings at some point.
    Pujara can survive tough conditions as he did in the first inning of 3rd test in SA. India should persist with him.

  61. #1181
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    6,736
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Past record ourside Asia and current FC form shows he does not deserve to start in the 1st test. What an embarassing season for hi., was scoring 100s on flat pattas of one dayers, can't hit a FC 50 on slightly bowler friendly pitches.

  62. #1182
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    562
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Pujara can survive tough conditions as he did in the first inning of 3rd test in SA. India should persist with him.
    One successful inning and 5 failed innings, proves that 50 was an aberration and not a norm. He was a goner (plumb LBW) for 0 against Ngidi, luckily for him SA didn't appeal.

  63. #1183
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,887
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pujara failed in the second innings of the county match too - scored 17 from 43 and was clean bowled by the mighty Jade Dernbach.

    Boycott’s gran could do better with a stick of rhubarb.

    Yorkshire should ask for a refund.
    Last edited by Gabbar Singh; 29th June 2018 at 15:26.

  64. #1184
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    11,266
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This county season has been a horror show for him.

  65. #1185
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    722
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Pujara should play the first Test.However He should be immediately dropped if he fails in 1st test considering his county form.Normally I'm not a fan of dropping players after 1st test.Hopefully India won't make the same mistakes like they did SA.

    Rahane should've played the first test in SA at least and if he would've failed there then he could've been replaced sharma considering Rahane poor form and Sharma's great form in previous SL series.M Vijay should be given longer rope.
    Last edited by Savage; 29th June 2018 at 15:39.

  66. #1186
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,685
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pujara hasn't been the same ever since he got fat. Certainly not worthy of the Test squad.

  67. #1187
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,168
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Poor man's Azhar Ali.

  68. #1188
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,887
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pujara’s county championship so far:



    Match: 6
    Innings: 12
    NO: 0
    Runs: 172
    HS: 41
    Ave: 14.33
    BF: 519
    SR: 33.14
    50s: 0
    100s: 0
    0s: 2
    4s: 23
    6s: 1

  69. #1189
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    214
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I believe county form is not massively relevant for test selection. Not too chuffed about his performance. He wouldn't be a dead cert for me if he'd gotten 600 runs in these 6 games and he's not drop worthy just because of his horrible county record

    IMO the main reasons Pujara may/perhaps should be dropped is his
    1) Historically middling away record: Proven mediocre record with lack of gears against even average medium pacers. Frankly him and an aging Vijay together don't fit in the top 3 anymore. Unless he drastically changes his batting mindset, he shouldn't be a fixture in away tests.

    2) Amazing form runs of Dhawan and KLR: Albeit we have seen them mostly in t20s only, but both batsmen have been in rare touch over last few months. Dhawan's balance at crease has improved massively and Rahul seems to have taken his batting to the next level. IMO both present compelling case for inclusion in XI and Vijay probably has a longer rope left given his former good record in Eng.

  70. #1190
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,667
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If not Pujara, who are they going to play at #3? Rahane?


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  71. #1191
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,887
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pujara fails again.

  72. #1192
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,061
    Mentioned
    1380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    He is over. His knees are gone.Hence he is slow with his foot work.

  73. #1193
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    943
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he is done. Need to move on now.

  74. #1194
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,580
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should play the first test and then only decision should be made.

    India should pick the usual and not unpredictable XI. Kohli should not get over excited in terms of selection and keep changing players every match. The XI should be:-

    Vijay
    Rahul
    Pujara
    Kohli
    Rahane
    Karthik(wkt)
    Pandya
    Ashwin
    Kuldeep
    Shami
    Ishant

  75. #1195
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,887
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Pujara fails again.
    +1

    And again.

  76. #1196
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    310
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    He should play the first test and then only decision should be made.

    India should pick the usual and not unpredictable XI. Kohli should not get over excited in terms of selection and keep changing players every match. The XI should be:-

    Vijay
    Rahul
    Pujara
    Kohli
    Rahane
    Karthik(wkt)
    Pandya
    Ashwin
    Kuldeep
    Shami
    Ishant
    Yadav instead of Shami

  77. #1197
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,079
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Was reading some of his interviews. Some of his quotes

    'I am worthy enough to be a part of Indian team'

    'I don't have to prove anything to anyone other than myself.'

  78. #1198
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,683
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Was reading some of his interviews. Some of his quotes

    'I am worthy enough to be a part of Indian team'

    'I don't have to prove anything to anyone other than myself.'
    What is he supposed to say? That "I am not good enough and not worthy of being a part of this team" ! Pujara is a certified HTB with an average of 27 odd outside Asia (SEAN) but I don't expect players to self-incriminate themselves!


    "Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

  79. #1199
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,825
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhawan got 2 ducks in 4 balls, a bigger problem than Pujara imo

  80. #1200
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    2,467
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He didn't get into that additional progress unfortunately. Everyone thought he could surpass Dravid! Well now he is almost fighting for a spot in the XI. Fortunately he doesn't have much competition, because others (like Nair, Iyer, etc, didn't embrace their chances with full authority! Had they did that he would have been out of the scene by now!) India should give 2 tests probably to him this series, and then move on to Nair & others if he continues to play the way he does, there's no hope! At home its a myth that he is strong, actually he plays too slow even there, with India playing 5 bowlers mostly they should go aggressive and prepare semi-turner pitches, then even bottom half of the batting can come handy (they can themselves outscore him comfortably!)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •