Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Iqbal Qasim "Younus couldn't be sent for the test series, because he was in the Sea"

The fallout from the hammering that the Pakistan cricket team suffered in Australia continued with former chief selector Iqbal Qasim rebuking reports that Younus Khan was ready and available to join the test series in Australia and was ignored by the selection committee.

Skipper Mohammad Yousuf and the team management in Australia had specifically asked for Younus Khan to join up with the struggling test squad and media reports during the tour of Australia had claimed that Younus was available for selection for the test series, but the selectors had turned down the request of Mohammad Yousuf and the team management. However former Chief Selector Iqbal Qasim denied those reports saying that the selectors did their best to contact Younus Khan, but without success.

"After the Dubai debacle and during the test series in Australia we tried to contact Younus, but he was not reachable, we couldn't trace his whereabouts. As far as we (the selectors) were aware, Younus was sitting somewhere in the sea. We had no idea whereabouts in the sea he was and we had no idea where he had gone" stated Qasim.

Qasim who tendered his resignation from the role of Chief Selector prior to the end of the tour of Australia added "The team management and captain in Australia asked for Younus Khan, but Younus Khan was not there, we couldn't reach him".

Qasim continued "Eventually when we located Younus we asked him to come and play some domestic cricket so we could judge him. Then he played some games for Habib Bank and we sent him for the one day squad".

Qasim's comments are in stark contrast to the comments from skipper Mohammad Yousuf who hinted that the selction committee had directly ignored his appeals to send Younus Khan to Australia for the test series. In addition, Qasim's comments highlight the fact that Younus Khan had no real intentions of joining the struggling Pakistani team and playing in the test series in Australia.
    Last edited by Saj; 9th February 2010 at 19:39.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    These quotes are from an interview I did with Iqbal Qasim a couple of days ago.

The full interview will be available later in the week/weekend.

So in summary, Qasim is saying that Younus Khan was AWOL.

My guess is that Younus had no intentions of joining his team mates in Australia for the test series.

According to Qasim, the selection committee didnt intentionally ignore the request of Yousuf to send Younus.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Chaht keh nechay :)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj

My guess is that Younus had no intentions of joining his team mates in Australia for the test series.

According to Qasim, the selection committee didnt intentionally ignore the request of Yousuf to send Younus.
    So Yousuf is dead right!

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover Drive
    So Yousuf is dead right!
    Well he's not right about the fact that the selectors ignored his request. According to Qasim they tried to locate Younus but he was nowhere to be seen.

When you say Yousuf is dead right, I guess Cover Drive that you mean he is right about Younus not fancying playing in the test series in Australia.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    The Eurasian Plate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stting somewhere in the sea??

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there was a report or comment by someone (maybe a source) that YK is not available as he is traveling or something like that and cannot be contacted. It was posted in a thread here.

Very possible and same goes for anyone who makes themselves available when they feel like the time is right for them for a PR statement

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to ban our players and officials from talking to media. they are just making fun of our Country.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    The Eurasian Plate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whos lying then? YK made himself available didnt he, for the Aus series? Now Iqbal Qasim says he was at sea and no one could contact him.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did he mean YK was AT sea? "In the sea" makes it sound like he turned into Aquaman and was living underwater.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LONDON - Pakistan cricket captain Younus Khan, who opted out of the New Zealand series citing need for rest, has announced his availability for the forthcoming Australia tour.

Khan told media persons during a press conference here that he has already informed the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) about his decision.

Khan, however, declined to comment on queries whether he would return to the team as captain, saying: ” It would be decided in due course of time.”

PCB chairman Ijaz Butt, who was also present at the press conference, said the media would soon be informed about Khan’s status in the team, The Dawn reports.
    http://blog.taragana.com/sports/2009...ia-tour-48174/

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRival
    Did he mean YK was AT sea? "In the sea" makes it sound like he turned into Aquaman and was living underwater.
    I dont like to misquote people.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was in the sea?!

As far as my understanding of the situation goes Iqbal Qasim and the rest of the selection comittee never intended to send Younus with the team to New Zealand or Australia.

Then Pakistan got hammered in the first test against Australia and YK was needed all of a sudden. Instead of sending him straight to Aus as the situation demanded the great Mr Qasim and his think tank decided it would be wise to let a proven test player averaging in the 50's prove himself in PAKISTANI domestic cricket?
    Last edited by 12thMan; 9th February 2010 at 20:32.

Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Manchester United-Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "After the Dubai debacle and during the test series in Australia we tried to contact Younus, but he was not reachable, we couldn't trace his whereabouts. As far as we (the selectors) were aware , Younus was sitting somewhere in the sea. We had no idea whereabouts in the sea he was and we had no idea where he had gone" stated Qasim..
    Saj somewhere between dubai debacle and aus series there was the series in NZ during which YK was launching test series in ENG with butt sahab so its a total lie that during that time they could not get hold of him.

we will not miss a 'never will be' like Malik. Drop Him For Good.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Iqbal Qasim "Younus couldn't be sent for the test series, because he was in the Sea"
    Of course he couldn't reach him. How would you get reception under water? Iqbal knew wehre he was, yet did not take his boat and find him

No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you insaftak for digging that piece out.It proves what a bunch of liars these guys are.
    Last edited by Saj; 9th February 2010 at 20:41.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What nonsense!!

YK had a press conference and announced his availability to go to australia for the tests. Did he do that press conference in the middle of the sea?

Iqbal Qasim is lying.

Ghareeb saray mar gaye
    Kiun kai, zinda hai bhutto zinda hai

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how credible Iqbal Qasim is...nothing on you Saj but it the flip flop he does in interview....In one of the interviews he gave to you he said that Abdul Razzaq was not selected becasue of the injury (I don;t recall which series. It was before the NZ and Aus tour)). However, Abdul Razzaq himself came on the media and said that he was dropped and did not have any injury.

This just puts doubt in credibility of Iqbal Qasim.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    The Eurasian Plate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank God Iqbal Qasim resigned.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No he wasn't in the Sea somewhere. He playing the Final of the QEA trophy at the same time as the Boxing day test was going on.

"I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    He was in the sea?!

As far as my understanding of the situation goes Iqbal Qasim and the rest of the selection comittee never intended to send Younus with the team to New Zealand or Australia.

Then Pakistan got hammered in the first test against Australia and YK was needed all of a sudden. Instead of sending him straight to Aus as the situation demanded the great Mr Qasim and his think tank decided it would be wise to let a proven test player averaging in the 50's prove himself in PAKISTANI domestic cricket?
    Even if he is sitting in the sea, he has a right to go anywhere, because they guy took time off from cricket and want to relax due to his stressful events in his cricketing carrier.

People here have no problem if one player has taken time off from test cricket for last 4 years to play mama papa 20/20 league to make money and if somebody took one series off due to personal reasons, people are saying that he is chickened out.
    Last edited by 12thMan; 9th February 2010 at 20:33.

You don't know and you don't know that you don't know.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my good friend who knows one of the chief selector ( I am not going to name it), asked about the selection process in Pakistan cricket team, chief selector said that PCB chief usually give the name of the players and his job is just to announce the name of the players in press conference.

You don't know and you don't know that you don't know.

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed-sohail
    Saj somewhere between dubai debacle and aus series there was the series in NZ during which YK was launching test series in ENG with butt sahab so its a total lie that during that time they could not get hold of him.
    Saeed thoraa tou raham karo, YK is no God. Anything against YK is suppose to be a lie? I really respect your opinion and thought. YK can be wrong too.

Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by octavian
    No he wasn't in the Sea somewhere. He playing the Final of the QEA trophy at the same time as the Boxing day test was going on.
    Yes I remember now how we were discussing here that if FC game finishes on 24th he won't be able to make for boxing day test(1st).There you go it proves QASIM sahab is talking ****.

Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insanyat bhai fact dekha karo.Iqbal Qasim say after the dubai debacle and until aus series they tried to contact YK but they could not. Facts suggest otherwise.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insanyat bhai fact dekha karo.Iqbal Qasim say after the dubai debacle and until aus series they tried to contact YK but they could not. Facts suggest otherwise.
    No they don't really. YK makes a statement as players like to. Selectors try to contact him and he is not available. Well whoes responsiblity is it? A celebrity/hero to be availabe or a selector trying to find out if he is serious and wants to play. He should not be announcing his availabilty in media (well he can as it is Pakistan) but he has to talk to selectors too before squad is announced
    Last edited by 12thMan; 9th February 2010 at 20:55.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha. How stupid do you have to be to lie when there are verifiable news reports contradicting your version of the story?

Here are the facts: After Melbourne, Yousuf asked the selectors and the board to send Younis. This was a week before the infamous Sydney test was to begin. The selectors decided to not send him because "It is not like the team is losing just because he isn't there" and "And who will he replace there? Various batsmen have scored some runs here so it might be unfair to drop them." [The reference to batsmen scoring runs was Misbah making a 60 odd in the first innings and Faisal a 40 in the second].

They told him to play domestic cricket because "The Pentangular is happening and that would be a good way for him to play and get some practice". All these quotes are available from this Osman Samiuddin report (http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvpak09/co...y/441808.html).

So to recap: Yousuf asks for a player, and the selectors refuse. Now, there is no problem with selectors refusing to send a player per se. But there ARE problems with:

1. Waffling. Go back and read the coverage from that time, and you'll see that they keep pushing the date back on when they're making a decision. They arrange for meetings, reschedule meetings, don't make decisions during those meetings, schedule another meeting, and by that time, it's too late. If you think I'm exaggerating, this is EXACTLY the course of events during late December/early January.

2. Lying. Iqbal Qasim and the selectors chose not to send Younis. Like I said, they're within their rights to do that; they're the selectors after all, not Yousuf. But please don't insult everyone's intelligence with this nonsense about being at sea and not being available.
    Last edited by ahsanib; 9th February 2010 at 21:01.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thMan
    No they don't really. YK makes a statement as players like to. Selectors try to contact him and he is not available. Well whoes responsiblity is it? A celebrity/hero to be availabe or a selector trying to find out if he is serious and wants to play. He should not be announcing his availabilty in media (well he can as it is Pakistan) but he has to talk to selectors too before squad is announced
    read post#10, ijazz butt was with him during that press conference

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, Younis was playing domestic cricket BEFORE the test series began. Yes, he played terribly, but that's not the point here. The point is, he was in Pakistan, playing cricket in the premier domestic tournament, and the idea that the selectors couldn't find him is utter hogwash.

First test in Melbourne: Dec 26-30 (http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvpak09/en...ch/406199.html)
    QEA trophy final (in which YK played): Dec 21-23 (http://www.cricinfo.com/pakdomestic-...ch/427920.html)

Iqbal Qasim is a liar. A very stupid liar.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by insaftak
    read post#10, ijazz butt was with him during that press conference
    So? Ijaz Butt also says he doesn't know about "lost command". He probably expected YK to contact the people incharge - the selectors unless you want Ijazz Butt to select the squad, The selectors knew that YK was not avialable when the NZ-Aus tour started and later they tried to contact YK but he was not reachable. After Aus squad was selected it didn't matter as time had passed
    Last edited by 12thMan; 9th February 2010 at 21:05.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iqbal Qasim is a liar and this is bad journalism by saj bahi, u should have known about the press conference yk had with ijazz butt declaring his availability for Australian tour. And yes, I called saj bahi a journalist.

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iqbal Qasim is chatting it now and making Younus the scapegoat... How can Younus go Awol? It cant be that difficult to track down a cricketer who you pay. So in Iqbal Qasim tryna say that Younus turned his mobile of, telephone of, locked his doors, didnt get in touch with any of his agents, friends , family, didnt play in the QEA and he went fissing some where in the Indian Ocean. hats of to your Mr Qasim good thing you resigned

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So? Ijaz Butt also says he doesn't know about "lost command". He probably expected YK to contact the people incharge - the selectors
    You said selectors couldn't find him, if pcb chairman can find him then selectors should be able to find him.

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by insaftak
    You said selectors couldn't find him, if pcb chairman can find him then selectors should be able to find him.
    I don't take sides because I like someone or not. I am hearing two sides and I take them as news. But player should be in touch with PCB not a press conference to announce his availibilty or what his mood is now. Responsibilty is on both sides. One says we tried to track down and it seems the other side was not reachable when squad was announced. It doesn't matter what happend after first or second test. What happend when squad was announced?
    Last edited by 12thMan; 9th February 2010 at 21:10.

Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12th Man Iqbal Qasim claims after dubai debacle and aus series they couldn't get hold of YK.But we all saw YK with Ijaz butt launching ENG series here in UK that was during first test in NZ and then YK played QA trophy final on the eve of aus series. Now I assume being being chief selector Iqbal Qasim was there doing his job. So how can he say during that time they didn't know his whereabouts.

Debut
    Mar 2006
    Venue
    somewhere in Tora Bora
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So? Ijaz Butt also says he doesn't know about "lost command". He probably expected YK to contact the people incharge - the selectors unless you want Ijazz Butt to select the squad, The selectors knew that YK was not avialable when the NZ-Aus tour started and later they tried to contact YK but he was not reachable. After Aus squad was selected it didn't matter as time had passed
    Well Sami was included in the side AFTER the squad was selected, sent, and even played one test match. Same time when MoYo wanted Younis to be in the side.

Both Sami and Younis played the QEA trophy final but Sami made it to Sydney and YK couldn't?!? Please tell me if you see any consistency here.

DOWN WITH ISRAEL !!

Debut
    Mar 2006
    Venue
    somewhere in Tora Bora
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, I would believe a word from Modi before I would believe a word coming from any of Iqbal Qasim, Shafqat Rana, Wasim Bari n co. These leeches are destroying our cricket period.

DOWN WITH ISRAEL !!

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saj001
    We need to ban our players and officials from talking to media. they are just making fun of our Country.
    Couldnt agree more...They are an utter shambles...

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All three are liars;

Yousuf: he thought he will handle australia with out yonus on his own and will become a national hero so he took a long pause to send SOS to the blindfolds.

Younus: Was smiling from every where hoping yousuf will directly beg in front of him for survival.

Iqbal qasim: Last part of his statement shows that he was watching younus gaining some form playing domestic cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McBoom
    Well Sami was included in the side AFTER the squad was selected, sent, and even played one test match. Same time when MoYo wanted Younis to be in the side.

Both Sami and Younis played the QEA trophy final but Sami made it to Sydney and YK couldn't?!? Please tell me if you see any consistency here.
    One thing was a bowler was injured plus they gave up on the 4th seamer I guess.

Good points but bunch of things were said here about squad changes too.

But it was pretty silly as the 4th bowler was not selected right. They even sent Misbah somewhere in NZ-Aus tour. YK should have been sent but that is another thing. The thread is about initial squad selection and YK was not reachable. The whole PCB - from chairman, selectors, management and players have a problem and that is how they are
    Last edited by 12thMan; 9th February 2010 at 21:35.

Debut
    Mar 2006
    Venue
    somewhere in Tora Bora
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12th man, this thread is also about Iqbal Qasim denying the claim which Yousuf made about Younis Khan's inclusion. Every one knows that Yousuf specifically asked for YK for the 2nd and 3rd tests in Aus. Younis at that time was not in the sea but was on National TV playing QEA finals, how come this fool can say that they were unable to contact him after Yousuf's demands.

I just fail to see was the thought process that made the selectors drop Younis for Tests and play him in the ODIs. One word incompetence comes to mind.

DOWN WITH ISRAEL !!

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    someone must be lieing either younis khan or iqbal qasim

Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sohaib-789
    someone must be lieing either younis khan or iqbal qasim
    Some times reading through a thread helps before you comment on it.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Shehr-e-Lahore o Munich
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thread is about initial squad selection and YK was not reachable. The whole PCB - from chairman, selectors, management and players have a problem and that is how they are
    Come on 12th man,have a look at this
    Skipper Mohammad Yousuf and the team management in Australia had specifically asked for Younus Khan to join up with the struggling test squad.
    It clearly says that Yousuf approached the selectors to send YK during the Test series in Australia.And the tour of NZ had ended at that time(The squad for both the tours was same and was announced before the NZ tour,Arafat and Sarfaraz were sent home after NZ series) and talking about YK,he was playing in the Q-E-A trophy final for HBL at that time,So for Iqbal Qasim to say that Younis was unavailable and unapproachable is totally wrong and embarrassing..!!

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Shehr-e-Lahore o Munich
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But why blame Iqbal Qasim when all of us know that the Real Chief selector is MR !!!

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously this Iqbal Qasim just makes me laugh!

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    scuba diving

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well he's not right about the fact that the selectors ignored his request. According to Qasim they tried to locate Younus but he was nowhere to be seen.

When you say Yousuf is dead right, I guess Cover Drive that you mean he is right about Younus not fancying playing in the test series in Australia.

A simple and effective way would have been to release a statement through the media...Dummy Bhai jahaan ho ajayo, tumhain kuch nahin kaha jayay gha; but, PCB and it's employees would not know common sense if they were even married to it

Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wish YK had as much support from his players as he does here. Media is wrong (masala news), PCB is wrong (corrupt organization) Selectors are wrong (liars) all this coming from the people who are too far away from reality. Guess who is right? The captain who jumped the ship in the drowning moment. The fact is the whole setup is in disarray from top to bottom

YK I quit
    Moyo lousy captain but won't quit
    Afridi win at any cost cheating inclusive
    Kamran I am above everyone, I must play
    Omar novice but you don't play my brother I will pretend being hurt
    Malik creating problems for all of the above

Six players nothing but trouble for pakistan. I will get rid of all of them if we have to add more go ahead and bring the A team in. A good example for all the upcoming cricketers. You play for Pakistan.
    Last edited by insaaniyat; 10th February 2010 at 02:46.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    captain should not have the power to ask players unless someone is injured and replacement is not available in squad.
    It was huge mistake of PCB to allow misbah and sami first place.
    Captain can fight for players at the squad selection but not after that...

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Texas, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MoYo has gone buzzerk. He should be glad that YK didn't come and Khurram played. He did much better than YK would have done. YK needs to go for fishing contest only.

MoYo's decisions turn the second test away and led to this down fall.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Bay area, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saj,
    I have lost trust with Qasim when he lied about Abdul Razzaq was dropped from Dubai series and he claimed he was injured and later we found that he was not injured.

Here Qasim is still playing with us on the issue of YK. I agree YK may not be found initially but if you remember YK was found when the first test finished. There was ample time to send him for 2nd test but they decided he needs match practice. I do agree that he did but do not blame that he was not found because when the news came he could not be found suddenly he was found attending the coaching course organized by PCB within a couple of days. It seems he is lying again.
    Last edited by iafzal; 10th February 2010 at 04:29.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Venue
    Blackhole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Explains the unknown man riding a shark in the Arabia Sea..

Will the Federal Reserve Chairman continue with QE(n+1) or won’t she?

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    MCG - Mera Chota Ghar, SE England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The whole team has been at sea in the Australian tour.
    Last edited by On_the_up; 10th February 2010 at 05:32.

Frank Skinner: Pakistan looked better than this when they were trying to lose.

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Venue
    Unlisted.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [funky calypso music]
    Under the sea,
    Under the sea,
    There'll be no accusations,
    Just friendly crustaceans
    Under the Seeeeeeeeeeeeea!

Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsanib
    Hahaha. How stupid do you have to be to lie when there are verifiable news reports contradicting your version of the story?

Here are the facts: After Melbourne, Yousuf asked the selectors and the board to send Younis. This was a week before the infamous Sydney test was to begin. The selectors decided to not send him because "It is not like the team is losing just because he isn't there" and "And who will he replace there? Various batsmen have scored some runs here so it might be unfair to drop them." [The reference to batsmen scoring runs was Misbah making a 60 odd in the first innings and Faisal a 40 in the second].

They told him to play domestic cricket because "The Pentangular is happening and that would be a good way for him to play and get some practice". All these quotes are available from this Osman Samiuddin report (http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvpak09/co...y/441808.html).

So to recap: Yousuf asks for a player, and the selectors refuse. Now, there is no problem with selectors refusing to send a player per se. But there ARE problems with:

1. Waffling. Go back and read the coverage from that time, and you'll see that they keep pushing the date back on when they're making a decision. They arrange for meetings, reschedule meetings, don't make decisions during those meetings, schedule another meeting, and by that time, it's too late. If you think I'm exaggerating, this is EXACTLY the course of events during late December/early January.

2. Lying. Iqbal Qasim and the selectors chose not to send Younis. Like I said, they're within their rights to do that; they're the selectors after all, not Yousuf. But please don't insult everyone's intelligence with this nonsense about being at sea and not being available.
    Nice, very nice.

Methinks Iqbal Qasim should go throw himself somewhere in the sea. Who knows, he might just find Younis there? Or not.

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting that it was these same people in management claiming that Younis was out fishing, whereas he was found in a managment course. Will they ever get their stories straight.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    peshawer
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    younas should have been included in the 2nd test.as he was needed there.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by insaaniyat
    The fact is the whole setup is in disarray from top to bottom

YK - I quit
    Moyo - Lousy captain but won't quit
    Afridi - Win at any cost ,cheating inclusive
    Kamran - I am above everyone, I must play
    Umar - If you don't play my brother I will pretend being hurt
    Malik - Creating problems for all of the above

Six players nothing but trouble for pakistan. I will get rid of all of them if we have to add more go ahead and bring the A team in. A good example for all the upcoming cricketers. You play for Pakistan.
    Good summary......

Debut
    May 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well then my question is why did Iqbal Qasim not say this earlier, why did he come up with the whole excuse that "we don't want to tinker with a successful batting line up"
    If you ask me- they are all making themselves look stupider by the day by changing these statements every day

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by *sallu*
    Well then my question is why did Iqbal Qasim not say this earlier, why did he come up with the whole excuse that "we don't want to tinker with a successful batting line up"
    If you ask me- they are all making themselves look stupider by the day by changing these statements every day
    Perhaps they are hoping that most fans have short memories and are as fickle as most of the employees on the board??

Anyway, I take his statement has a huge insult to most of the general public who invest great time and money following the National Pakistan Cricket team!

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    London/Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don't understand what he was trying to say. Was he lost or in a ship somewhere?

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iqbal Qasim as a selector had no powers. The selection committee is just a rubber stamp. Why make him the fall guy.

Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Sidanay
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by insaaniyat

YK I quit
    Moyo lousy captain but won't quit
    Afridi win at any cost cheating inclusive
    Kamran I am above everyone, I must play
    Omar novice but you don't play my brother I will pretend being hurt
    Malik creating problems for all of the above

Be prepared to be as good as Bangladesh then.

Kicking out players is not the answer.

He is fundamentally aware of his aura within the team. His exhilaration infects them.

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison
    Be prepared to be as good as Bangladesh then.

Kicking out players is not the answer.
    We are as good as Bangladesh right now or even may be worse than them

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    Apnay ghar mai - aur kahan ?
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problem is that if someone like Qasim says something, we jump on him but when he stays quiet - well we still jump on him !

For answers to the Universe, Life and everything : TheSourceNews(TSN)

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MIG
    Problem is that if someone like Qasim says something, we jump on him but when he stays quiet - well we still jump on him !
    MIG BAHI, The guy doesn't have to lie to us. we are here everyday reading every story that comes out of Pakistan and we know that YK was Playing for Habib Bank when MOYO was asking for him

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some ppl don't seem to accept Iqbal qasim has been exposed here.I suggest some posters read through this thread before making a comment. All the evidence is there for everyone to see.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MIG
    Thats right. People like these who have high positions should not only be jumped upon, they should be postively stamped upon!!

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    593 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So YK must have been practising his fishing technic in the sea... no wonder he did so well in ODI series

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Load of BS, these guys can lie with a straight face as if everyone else is as moronic as them, they made clear that they wanted him to play in domestic and he played in domestic. Yousef was unhappy enough hearing about this absurdity that he openely mocked it saying that YK had a 50 avg in tests and had been playing for ten years. He also remarked, will they come tomorrow and check my form if I am not playing well?

That QAE final ended before the second test started. YK played in the same QAE final (somewhere in the sea for these morons) that Sami played in before coming to AUS. How hard was it for these idiots to get hold of YK? They said he needed to play domestic to get in form and ofcourse YK played domestic as they wanted. The next Pentagular match which YK played was at the time of the 3rd test

These guys had egos, were clueless and making idiotic statements day in day out, and had no resolve or intent to send YK to Australia as their many statements at the time showed. Sadly now they are trying to whitewash their own stupidity.

These guys are a complete load of BS and full of it.
    Last edited by Dare2Dream; 11th February 2010 at 18:11.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Younis Khan did himself no favors with his pathetic show with the bat in the ODI's, i very much doubt whether he would have made much of a difference in the test series, he was just so horribly out of sorts.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak
    Younis Khan did himself no favors with his pathetic show with the bat in the ODI's, i very much doubt whether he would have made much of a difference in the test series, he was just so horribly out of sorts.
    That is beside the point now, in ODI, even an out of form YK showed he can stay at the wicket better than jokers like Kamran Akmal, Faisal Iqbal, etc.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fawad_wellwisher
    Iqbal Qasim as a selector had no powers. The selection committee is just a rubber stamp. Why make him the fall guy.
    He could have done a Qadir and quit over principles. He knew he was a rubber stamp guy. And he choose to be that rubber stamp guy. He got paid to be that rubber stamp guy. So if your getting a cheque, you get what you deserve.

Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aamir pakistan selectors don't get paid is the argument used but people forget these ppl end up making more then good salary. Its like mido being on 52k a year at west ham. Now that's unbelievable isn't it. But every appearance adds 5k every goal he scores is worth 20k.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Aamir pakistan selectors don't get paid is the argument used but people forget these ppl end up making more then good salary. Its like mido being on 52k a year at west ham. Now that's unbelievable isn't it. But every appearance adds 5k every goal he scores is worth 20k.
    My impression was that they do get paid. Regardless, if is a volunteer job....should even be easier to quit seeing as you have no input. You could say you are doing it to help Pak cricket but if your the rubber stamp guy, your not really helping anyone....so where is the incentive to do it?

Point is, he was enjoying some sort of benefit or there was no point staying on.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    deleted
    Last edited by Gabbar Singh; 12th February 2010 at 20:19.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny how they had no trouble reaching Faisal Iqbal, who many believe stays mostly at sea...

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Qasim continued "Eventually when we located Younus we asked him to come and play some domestic cricket so we could judge him. Then he played some games for Habib Bank and we sent him for the one day squad".

why did they make him play domestic cricket to 'judge' him if it didn't even matter how he performed.

the guy couldnt make more than 7 runs in all of the test innings in the domestic matches so who is the genious who 'judged him' based on this to merit him selection in the ODI's?

WHAT A JOKE!

if you are not attacking you are defending. And if you are defending you are losing.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The full text of the chat with Iqbal Qasim will be ready in the next few days.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    I hope Iqbal Qasim doesn't encounter the same issues this time around.