Instagram

Sohail Speaks Ponty''s Blog Fountain's Pen

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abu Nechim Ahmed - an Indian 145+ km/hr bowler

Results 1 to 80 of 106
  1. #1
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    20,576
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Abu Nechim Ahmed - an Indian 145+ km/hr bowler

    He is only 21 and almost touched 145 km/hr in his first over in a IPL match today. Can be a prospect for India.


    Don't U C that the lion is silent and yet feared,while the dog barks constantly and is despised

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    12,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay today is 6th april 2010

    His expiry date is 7th April 2011.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Feb 2008
    Venue
    Dubai ,UAE
    Runs
    3,147
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saj001
    Okay today is 6th april 2010

    His expiry date is 7th April 2011.

    125 KPH looks promising 7th april 2011

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    4,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another ICL product


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Bangkok
    Runs
    12,707
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speed guns bumped up by 40ks again?!

  6. #6
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    20,576
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hehe, just watching an indian bowl close 145 km/hr was a big thing for me, don't know what he will be like tomorrow though.


    Don't U C that the lion is silent and yet feared,while the dog barks constantly and is despised

  7. #7
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    10,825
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umesh Yadav has outpaced Nannes in all the matches he played for DD . was consistently around 145kph . I haven't seen Ahmed bowl , but umesh is certainly a good prospect .


    People are strange when youre a stranger
    Faces look ugly when youre alone
    Women seem wicked when youre unwanted
    Streets are uneven when youre down....

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    462
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The highest cricinfo has in their commentary is 142 KPH. The 145+ was probably said on tv. Anyhow, he has the pace but is not using it properly, going for 13 an over right now.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    In your mind.
    Runs
    5,366
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They come and go,these "phaast" bowlers.

    He's the next Atul Sharma for sure.
    Why I say that?

    Will be hyped up then will vanish


    You can't save everyone..

  10. #10
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    20,576
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakZameen
    The highest cricinfo has in their commentary is 142 KPH. The 145+ was probably said on tv. Anyhow, he has the pace but is not using it properly, going for 13 an over right now.
    For your kind information his very last bowl of his first over clocked 144.8 km/hr, I saw that myself and Crapinfo didn't show the speed of his last delivery.


    Don't U C that the lion is silent and yet feared,while the dog barks constantly and is despised

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Lala Land- The Prime Minister.
    Runs
    9,209
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    95,640
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was there heavy winds at the ground when he was bowling? ;)

  13. #13
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    393
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he will be a good prospect based on speed alone. i say this, because he is muslim(based on name). muslim= meat eater (beef)= more protein= power= speed

  14. #14
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    299
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarmad1983
    I think he will be a good prospect based on speed alone. i say this, because he is muslim(based on name). muslim= meat eater (beef)= more protein= power= speed
    Umesh Yadav bowled 145.2 ks in his second game fro delhi and was faster than Nannes...he is not a muslim though

  15. #15
    Debut
    Aug 2008
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,601
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    india cannot produce out and out quick bowler's


    this guy will bowl 130 over a month


    Long Live Imran Khan.... God bless Pakistan and take us through this difficult Time.. Come on PTI

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    new jersey
    Runs
    12,968
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of his speed, he was pretty average even in the ICL.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    DOHA-Rwp-London
    Runs
    11,695
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    hes not quality tho...

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    11,325
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarmad1983
    I think he will be a good prospect based on speed alone. i say this, because he is muslim(based on name). muslim= meat eater (beef)= more protein= power= speed
    Nowadays some hindus eat beef too.
    Last edited by ShehryarK; 7th April 2010 at 07:12.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Aug 2008
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,601
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HE has been hammered for 26 in 2 over's that is the last time you will see him.....


    you cannot ask a upcoming bowler to bowl in t20 matches only Pakistan can do that with Mohammed Amir...


    Long Live Imran Khan.... God bless Pakistan and take us through this difficult Time.. Come on PTI

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Chicago, USA
    Runs
    4,861
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Numerous bowlers can hit 90 mph in short bursts or after a long break. The true indicator of an out and out pacer is the ability to consistently bowl 90 mph, over after over, match after match. This requires tremendous strength, energy and endurance. Lee, Steyn, Akhtar, etc.

  21. #21
    Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    22,375
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooh is he faster than the other big guy (forgot his name)?
    Is he the next Wasim Akram?

    Can he flip over tyres?


    Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf...for the Quaid(ra) and Iqbal(ra)'s Pakistan

  22. #22
    Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    NYC
    Runs
    23,162
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsin
    Oooh is he faster than the other big guy (forgot his name)?
    Is he the next Wasim Akram?

    Can he flip over tyres?
    How can you forget the great Atul Sharma?

  23. #23
    Debut
    May 2009
    Runs
    2,804
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well there have been numerous jokes made about indian pacers and most of them true as well ...

    but what i like in this is that we have finally started producing bowlers who can hit 140. not just one or 2 but a reasonable pack. this luxury we never had before.

    just look at the improvement through decade

    70-80 ... kapil dev medium fast at best 130-135 avg speed
    80-90 ... kapil , prabhakar still @ 130-135 avg speed
    90-00 .. srinath zak agarkar@ 135-140 avg speed
    00-10 .. zak nehra agarkar yadav tyagi sharma nechim mithun sreesanth even rp at times

    all of the above (not talking about quality) can hit 140 with better ease than those before.

    and for the first time we have an arsenal not potent but still choice is there

    hopefully in next 10 years we would produce atleast 1 express

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    26,731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsin
    Oooh is he faster than the other big guy (forgot his name)?
    Is he the next Wasim Akram?

    Can he flip over tyres?




    Tough times never last, But tough people do!

  25. #25
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    1,792
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fast bowling or Power has not any thing to do with the BEEF eating. There are 16 Million Muslims in India who are eating millions of Cows every day but still there is no regular 145 kmh Muslim Indian Bowler too.

    Indians should come out of this BEEF hysteria.

    The main reason for strength loose in India is the excessive usage of SPICES and also excessive usage of SWEETs in Indian (specially Hindu) diet.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    2,607
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Indian bowler will EVER have the incentive to develop express pace because 80% of the games they play will be on the subcontinental pitches.

    That and the Indian veggie diet theory.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Oct 2006
    Runs
    12,426
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ
    He is only 21 and almost touched 145 km/hr in his first over in a IPL match today. Can be a prospect for India.
    People soon will forget about it


    Don't let the attraction be your distraction

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    13,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wasnt ishant sharma bowling 150 kmph once.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    17,292
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's got nothing to do with diet..it's about conditions,hype,money and too much cricket..Indians play too much cricket on flat pitches..why should anyone risk their career bowling at that pace for little reward??

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    393
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan
    It's got nothing to do with diet..it's about conditions,hype,money and too much cricket..Indians play too much cricket on flat pitches..why should anyone risk their career bowling at that pace for little reward??

    if its about flat pitches, how does pakistan produce one after the other??

  31. #31
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    393
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alam_dar
    The fast bowling or Power has not any thing to do with the BEEF eating. There are 16 Million Muslims in India who are eating millions of Cows every day but still there is no regular 145 kmh Muslim Indian Bowler too.

    Indians should come out of this BEEF hysteria.

    The main reason for strength loose in India is the excessive usage of SPICES and also excessive usage of SWEETs in Indian (specially Hindu) diet.

    i said beef eating just as a source of vitamin but that is not the number one reason why they dont produce express bowlers. i cant blame the diet of india bcs i know pakistani diet aint much better.

    IMO, the number one reason why they dont produce pacers is because they dont play tape ball cricket, as in pakistan. Tape ball cricket is all about pace, if u have it u are king. Even at a young age, u learn to bend ur back and jump extra just to get that extra yard of pace. When our bowlers start playing hard-ball, that pace is already there and gets enhanced as the bowling technique gets better.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    canada
    Runs
    431
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is so much fun to bring down Indian bowlers .Wondering what would be served for Indians,if they are not number 1 in test cricket and 2 in ODI.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Oct 2006
    Runs
    12,426
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarmad1983
    if its about flat pitches, how does pakistan produce one after the other??
    Natural in Pakistan, born to ball fast


    Don't let the attraction be your distraction

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    2,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarmad1983
    When our bowlers start playing hard-ball, that pace is already there and gets enhanced as the bowling technique gets better.
    That is interesting.
    But what about the aussies and saffies ? In their juicy conditions , that would mean they wouldn't have to put in a real effort with assisting pitches ? Maybe they're just physically too well built

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    25,486
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed
    Was there heavy winds at the ground when he was bowling? ;)


    Or maybe he was powered by the ingenious 'Daal based gaseous energy' made famous by Dand Paa Jee

    I am probably mistaken because then he should have been bowling way over 160 KMH


    Nasir Jamshed: Please don't turn out to be another Inzi (Fitness wise)

  36. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    17,292
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarmad1983
    if its about flat pitches, how does pakistan produce one after the other??

    look Ishant was bowling pretty briskly in the beginning..srinath was also reasonably quick..same with zaheer in the beginning too..srisanth was another...but now look at them...they play ranji trophy then their numerous t20 and ODI games on flat pitches in extreme heat at times...no wonder they dont last long..what youve got to remember also is the conditions in pak are different..the environment is different..and to an extent the food we eat..but I think that factor doesnt play as much a role as other things...

    India play too much cricket in batsmen friendly conditions...

    as for our lads....well our pitches in domestic are not generally flat..we get plenty of seamers and we do get to play alot in punjab and NWFP...I also think tape ball has a part to play in all this too and attitude...when your bowling with the tape ball in village or gully cricket you want to bowl fast and develop techniques to help you bowl fast e,g weird actions or slingy actions etc...the tape ball can swing at pace of you know how...

    Indians play with a tennis ball mostly which doesnt do much and hence I dont think develop well as fast bowlers...you cant coach pace and street smarts!!

  37. #37
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    27,097
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RexRex
    That is interesting.
    But what about the aussies and saffies ? In their juicy conditions , that would mean they wouldn't have to put in a real effort with assisting pitches ? Maybe they're just physically too well built
    In general we are much physically bigger. Better food, nutrition and and outdoors (beach/aprk) lifestyle helps.

    Also our pitches and the saffer pitches have bounce, there is something in them if you want to bend your back. And also we like hurting people in sporting contests.

    Most of the young quicks we have coming through are over 192cm.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Sidanay
    Runs
    23,143
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pun500
    well there have been numerous jokes made about indian pacers and most of them true as well ...

    but what i like in this is that we have finally started producing bowlers who can hit 140. not just one or 2 but a reasonable pack. this luxury we never had before.

    just look at the improvement through decade

    70-80 ... kapil dev medium fast at best 130-135 avg speed
    80-90 ... kapil , prabhakar still @ 130-135 avg speed
    90-00 .. srinath zak agarkar@ 135-140 avg speed
    00-10 .. zak nehra agarkar yadav tyagi sharma nechim mithun sreesanth even rp at times

    all of the above (not talking about quality) can hit 140 with better ease than those before.

    and for the first time we have an arsenal not potent but still choice is there

    hopefully in next 10 years we would produce atleast 1 express
    Express quickies don't develop through practice


    He is fundamentally aware of his aura within the team. His exhilaration infects them.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    713
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarmad1983
    I think he will be a good prospect based on speed alone. i say this, because he is muslim(based on name). muslim= meat eater (beef)= more protein= power= speed
    only muslims eat meat? what a pity mate.. we hindus also eat meat. Christains also eat meat daily.. u ve little general knowledge mate

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    713
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is raw and and he is quick.. good thing is that he is not from any big city..

  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    5,042
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOuld be interesting to know if besides Mohd Aamer (remains to be seen how he bowls after his back injury), there are other bowlers in Pakistan right now who are out and out quicks?

    I hear the name Talha, Sohail Khan, Wahab Riaz etc but in the chances they got they looked out of plce. Have no idea how they are doing now. Is there some little kid somewhere in Pakistan preparing to bowl 150 kmph thunderbolts consistently?

  42. #42
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    27,097
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan
    WOuld be interesting to know if besides Mohd Aamer (remains to be seen how he bowls after his back injury),

    1 there are other bowlers in Pakistan right now who are out and out quicks?

    2 I hear the name Talha, Sohail Khan, Wahab Riaz etc but in the chances they got they looked out of plce. Have no idea how they are doing now.

    Is there some little kid somewhere in Pakistan preparing to bowl 150 kmph thunderbolts consistently?
    Bolded 1 answer - No

    Bolded 2 answer - None of those are express quicks. Talha and Riaz are quicks but 142kphish. Sohail Khan is about the speed of Shane Watson.

    Bolded 3 answer - Probably but he needs connections, money and sifarish to get anywhere. There is probably an entire team of cricketers in Pakistan better than the current team but they do not select the players on merit. Similar to how Indian team used to be, bloke from this area, bloke from that area, bloke who is relative of selector....

  43. #43
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    27,097
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a look on Youtube at this guy. Has pace.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    20,576
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IamIndian
    only muslims eat meat? what a pity mate.. we hindus also eat meat. Christains also eat meat daily.. u ve little general knowledge mate
    Just a question out of curiosity: Are you Indians allowed to eat meat according to the consensus in your religion?

    In Islam we are allowed to eat halal meat.
    Christians, beeing people of book, are also allowed to eat meat, but I thought meat was imperrmisible in hinduism?

    If people do certain acts because they are ignorant, that is another thing.


    Don't U C that the lion is silent and yet feared,while the dog barks constantly and is despised

  45. #45
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    20,576
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan
    WOuld be interesting to know if besides Mohd Aamer (remains to be seen how he bowls after his back injury), there are other bowlers in Pakistan right now who are out and out quicks?

    I hear the name Talha, Sohail Khan, Wahab Riaz etc but in the chances they got they looked out of plce. Have no idea how they are doing now. Is there some little kid somewhere in Pakistan preparing to bowl 150 kmph thunderbolts consistently?
    Talha, Sohail Khan and Wahab Riaz are all 145+ bowlers and they are all young (under 25). They are all eager to go and are in Pakistan A squad.

    In addition you have Aizaz Cheema who is real quick, Sami is bowling quick, Gul is quick.

    Hammad Azam was bowling around 140 and he is only 19 I think and with time he will be quicker.

    And I am sure you have many quick bowlers in the domestic level in Pakistan.

    Besides no one had heard about Aamer 3 years ago and all of sudden he was there, and we will InshaAllah keep producing bowlers like these in future.


    Don't U C that the lion is silent and yet feared,while the dog barks constantly and is despised

  46. #46
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    20,576
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Aussie

    Bolded 2 answer - None of those are express quicks. Talha and Riaz are quicks but 142kphish. Sohail Khan is about the speed of Shane Watson.
    ....
    You wish, he is way quicker than Watson. He used to bowl regurlarly at 145, and out of these three sohail khan is the fastest. And with the help of waqar they will get faster inshaAllah.


    Don't U C that the lion is silent and yet feared,while the dog barks constantly and is despised

  47. #47
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    27,097
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ
    Talha, Sohail Khan and Wahab Riaz are all 145+ bowlers and they are all young (under 25). They are all eager to go and are in Pakistan A squad.

    In addition you have Aizaz Cheema who is real quick, Sami is bowling quick, Gul is quick.

    Hammad Azam was bowling around 140 and he is only 19 I think and with time he will be quicker.

    And I am sure you have many quick bowlers in the domestic level in Pakistan.

    Besides no one had heard about Aamer 3 years ago and all of sudden he was there, and we will InshaAllah keep producing bowlers like these in future.
    RA respectfully disagrees IAJ. If you mean 145+ bowlers in that their fastest ball of their first spell is over 145 then maybe.

    Sohail Khan is not a fast bowler. He is medium pacer. I have watched him bowl.

    Sami is genuine quick, forgot about him. Gul is not express, he can bowl quite fast but he will be injured even faster if he does.

    Given the way PP hype the quicks, it is noticeable that there is no hyping of any young Pakistan quicks going on at all. The only hype is for MF bowlers like Anwar and Irfan.

    And I had heard about Aamer before I even joined this site. He didn't exactly come out of nowhere.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have played against this guy.. We lived in the same area. Got to say he was very very quick when i played him but I know two other guys who were considerably quicker than him. But as they were not professionals & had other goals in their mind they couldn't climb up the ladder. I just wonder as he bowls at mid 140's then their speed would have been 150+ for sure.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    27,097
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ
    You wish, he is way quicker than Watson. He used to bowl regurlarly at 145, and out of these three sohail khan is the fastest. And with the help of waqar they will get faster inshaAllah.
    He bowls at 132kph if he strains mate. Have watched every spell of his in international cricket, he bowled one ball at 146kph which was probably speed gun error. I don't know how you can claim he bowl 145+ consistently.

    If he lost about 15 pounds, got fit and got a new bowling action then maybe he could bowl quick.

    Watson was 145+ with his old action (that he had to lose because of injury) out of interest, at one stage he was the second quickest bowler in Australia behind Lee.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Sidanay
    Runs
    23,143
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Just saw video of this guy, he is right arm Medium....





    PIE!


    He is fundamentally aware of his aura within the team. His exhilaration infects them.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    713
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ
    Just a question out of curiosity: Are you Indians allowed to eat meat according to the consensus in your religion?

    In Islam we are allowed to eat halal meat.
    Christians, beeing people of book, are also allowed to eat meat, but I thought meat was imperrmisible in hinduism?

    If people do certain acts because they are ignorant, that is another thing.
    We r not ignorant, we hindus cook and eat beef, chicken, mutton very often. Only brahmins are non vegitarians, not all other castes.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    5,042
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ
    Just a question out of curiosity: Are you Indians allowed to eat meat according to the consensus in your religion?

    In Islam we are allowed to eat halal meat.
    Christians, beeing people of book, are also allowed to eat meat, but I thought meat was imperrmisible in hinduism?

    If people do certain acts because they are ignorant, that is another thing.
    Just a small piece of stat for you, recently there was a survey done in major cities of India and the %age of non-vegetarians was found to be around 84% of the total population.

    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ow/1490222.cms


    I am no expert on hindusim, but the little history that I know tells me that none of our religious books says we cant eat meat, beef though is a no-no as Cow for us is very sacred (though none of the books say beef is forbidden, its just a beleif we are brought up with). There are certain pockets in various regions where meat is not eaten in general, but then there are states where majority population is non-vegetarian (Bengal, Punjab, Kerala, Goa, North Eastern India etc). But over the years, all these beliefs and value systems have gone through a sea change. The number of meat eaters has been gradually on the rise as more people have started moving out of their home towns to other cities/abroad for work or studies. I have seen so many families where the parents are pure vegetarians but the children eat meat.
    Last edited by cricketindiafan; 7th April 2010 at 09:51.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Sidanay
    Runs
    23,143
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    End point; Indians don't become fast bowlers because they don't eat meat; its just a genetic trait they lack.


    He is fundamentally aware of his aura within the team. His exhilaration infects them.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Delhi,India
    Runs
    14,229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Aussie
    Bolded 1 answer - No

    Bolded 2 answer - None of those are express quicks. Talha and Riaz are quicks but 142kphish. Sohail Khan is about the speed of Shane Watson.

    Bolded 3 answer - Probably but he needs connections, money and sifarish to get anywhere. There is probably an entire team of cricketers in Pakistan better than the current team but they do not select the players on merit. Similar to how Indian team used to be, bloke from this area, bloke from that area, bloke who is relative of selector....

    WOOOW RA u have a good knowledge of other nations domestic cricketers too....



    People fight for Religion
    People die for Religion
    But
    People do not follow the Religion

  55. #55
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    5,042
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison
    End point; Indians don't become fast bowlers because they don't eat meat; its just a genetic trait they lack.
    Hmm so you mean the genes have changed in the last 62 years. Am not good at biology, please explain the "genetic difference".

  56. #56
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    27,097
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison
    End point; Indians don't become fast bowlers because they don't eat meat; its just a genetic trait they lack.
    No, they become batsmen. As others have pointed out, the glory in India always with the batters not the bowlers. Reverse in Pakistan. Literally lol.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Sidanay
    Runs
    23,143
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan
    Hmm so you mean the genes have changed in the last 62 years. Am not good at biology, please explain the "genetic difference".
    Genepool definitely has.

    Quote Originally Posted by Random Aussie

    No, they become batsmen. As others have pointed out, the glory in India always with the batters not the bowlers. Reverse in Pakistan. Literally lol.
    We need more in-betweeners aka me :aamir


    He is fundamentally aware of his aura within the team. His exhilaration infects them.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Bradford UK
    Runs
    14,940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan
    WOuld be interesting to know if besides Mohd Aamer (remains to be seen how he bowls after his back injury), there are other bowlers in Pakistan right now who are out and out quicks?

    I hear the name Talha, Sohail Khan, Wahab Riaz etc but in the chances they got they looked out of plce. Have no idea how they are doing now. Is there some little kid somewhere in Pakistan preparing to bowl 150 kmph thunderbolts consistently?
    What back injury? he was bowling at full speed during the recent t20 cup

  59. #59
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    1,911
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speed means nothing if there is no thought attached to it. Tait balls 150+ and gets hammered 9 times out of 10. There is no replacement for skill of swing and seam with a decent pace. Often 135 is good enough

  60. #60
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    393
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ
    Talha, Sohail Khan and Wahab Riaz are all 145+ bowlers and they are all young (under 25). They are all eager to go and are in Pakistan A squad.

    In addition you have Aizaz Cheema who is real quick, Sami is bowling quick, Gul is quick.

    Hammad Azam was bowling around 140 and he is only 19 I think and with time he will be quicker.

    And I am sure you have many quick bowlers in the domestic level in Pakistan.

    Besides no one had heard about Aamer 3 years ago and all of sudden he was there, and we will InshaAllah keep producing bowlers like these in future.

    I need some explanation on your logic. I dont understand how u can say that pace will increase over time. As the guy gets older, doesnt he reduce in pace, and increases in technique. Akhtar in '99 was far quicker and consistent than in '09. I believe ur most 'pacy' until 21 or 22, after that you might become a better bowler, but you certainly dont increase in pace. Provide examples to prove ur point. I could be wrong.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    393
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Aussie
    Bolded 1 answer - No

    Bolded 2 answer - None of those are express quicks. Talha and Riaz are quicks but 142kphish. Sohail Khan is about the speed of Shane Watson.

    Bolded 3 answer - Probably but he needs connections, money and sifarish to get anywhere. There is probably an entire team of cricketers in Pakistan better than the current team but they do not select the players on merit. Similar to how Indian team used to be, bloke from this area, bloke from that area, bloke who is relative of selector....

    fact that you are using words such as 'sifarish' in proper context is prove that you've been here for a long time mate....

  62. #62
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    393
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IamIndian
    We r not ignorant, we hindus cook and eat beef, chicken, mutton very often. Only brahmins are non vegitarians, not all other castes.

    i apologize if i offended you dude. it was not my intention. they belief has always been that hindus dont eat meat. that 'belief' will turn into a 'myth' now. thanks for the insight

  63. #63
    Debut
    May 2009
    Runs
    2,804
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison
    Express quickies don't develop through practice

    once again you have completely missed the gist of the post.

    The thing I am pointing out is now there is an emphasis on bowling quick which was lacking earlier. Most domestic teams look for a quickie (indian speeds ) along with a medium pacer

    this was lacking earlier.

    Also I can assure you our quicks will start coming simply because now there is a more efficient way of tapping talents beyond metros and big cricket centers

  64. #64
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    20,576
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pun500
    once again you have completely missed the gist of the post.

    The thing I am pointing out is now there is an emphasis on bowling quick which was lacking earlier. Most domestic teams look for a quickie (indian speeds ) along with a medium pacer

    this was lacking earlier.

    Also I can assure you our quicks will start coming simply because now there is a more efficient way of tapping talents beyond metros and big cricket centers
    But at the moment there are bigger chances for Pakistan to produce good batsmen than India producing express bowlers.


    Don't U C that the lion is silent and yet feared,while the dog barks constantly and is despised

  65. #65
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Delhi,India
    Runs
    14,229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ
    But at the moment there are bigger chances for Pakistan to produce good batsmen than India producing express bowlers.

    i don't understand how Pakistan not able to produce good batsman consistenly ..they need to be amongst the best ...coz they always play good and express bowlers in their domestic matches and in net practice too...:



    People fight for Religion
    People die for Religion
    But
    People do not follow the Religion

  66. #66
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    20,576
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermind_quad
    i don't understand how Pakistan not able to produce good batsman consistenly ..they need to be amongst the best ...coz they always play good and express bowlers in their domestic matches and in net practice too...:
    Well our boys are good on home soil, it is when we go to Australia, South Africa and England we struggle because of the conditions there obviously.

    We generally don't have good technique. What that come of I don't know. Maybe lack of good batting coaches, or we do have good coaches but PCB are not approaching them. Our players might be lazy and are not as professionals as some of the other countrys' players.

    Many posters here can give better answer than me.


    Don't U C that the lion is silent and yet feared,while the dog barks constantly and is despised

  67. #67
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Delhi,India
    Runs
    14,229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ
    Well our boys are good on home soil, it is when we go to Australia, South Africa and England we struggle because of the conditions there obviously.

    We generally don't have good technique. What that come of I don't know. Maybe lack of good batting coaches, or we do have good coaches but PCB are not approaching them. Our players might be lazy and are not as professionals as some of the other countrys' players.

    Many posters here can give better answer than me.


    you have Javed Miandad,Zaheer Abbas



    People fight for Religion
    People die for Religion
    But
    People do not follow the Religion

  68. #68
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    20,576
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermind_quad


    you have Javed Miandad,Zaheer Abbas
    Well as I stated PCB are not contacting them. There are so much politics and pride involved here.


    Don't U C that the lion is silent and yet feared,while the dog barks constantly and is despised

  69. #69
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Runs
    1,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alam_dar
    The main reason for strength loose in India is the excessive usage of SPICES and also excessive usage of SWEETs in Indian (specially Hindu) diet.
    No chance in hell we love our spices and sweets forever :3

    Besides we more than make up for our lack of bowling pace with our batsmen.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    The Couch,Bradford
    Runs
    3,412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharma Sauce !

    For that long-lasting,fresh burst of speed !


    ''Failure is a word unknown to me.''

    Muhammad Ali Jinnah

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    12,432
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Course, he ll probably be the next atul sharma


    If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    11,325
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Aussie
    Bolded 1 answer - No

    Bolded 2 answer - None of those are express quicks. Talha and Riaz are quicks but 142kphish. Sohail Khan is about the speed of Shane Watson.

    Bolded 3 answer - Probably but he needs connections, money and sifarish to get anywhere. There is probably an entire team of cricketers in Pakistan better than the current team but they do not select the players on merit. Similar to how Indian team used to be, bloke from this area, bloke from that area, bloke who is relative of selector....
    I thought Sohail Khan is faster than Talha and Riaz?

  73. #73
    Debut
    May 2009
    Runs
    2,804
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ
    But at the moment there are bigger chances for Pakistan to produce good batsmen than India producing express bowlers.
    have you looked at your batters lately ... barring u akmal theres zilch and akmal also seems to be going his elder bros way

    we are no 1 in tests and no 2 in odis ... we have bowlers .

    sharma rp even pathan sree all had their moments and then faded . For the first time our bolwers cornered MOS awards which never happned before.

    all pak so called gr8 batsmen are only in domestic ... nasir "the bradman " jamshed , fire alam , duck factory butt , kathakali dancer malik, even babar azam is hopeless when it seams a little. You have to play most of your tests on juicy tracks from now on

  74. #74
    Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    My Room
    Runs
    27,730
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pun500
    all pak so called gr8 batsmen are only in domestic ... nasir "the bradman " jamshed , fire alam , duck factory butt , kathakali dancer malik, even babar azam is hopeless when it seams a little. You have to play most of your tests on juicy tracks from now on
    Yeah, but the thing is, even our least-rated batsmen are supremely comfortable against India. We have all seen the demolition Afridi has inflicted on India over the years. Malik averages 50+ with something like 3 ODI Tons and 2 90's against India. Hell, even Butt, who is not even a regular in any format, has bashed the Indian bowlers. Faisal Iqbal once made 139 against India on a green seamer.

    Face it, our batsman have the upper hand in India/Pak encounters. Dhoni, THE UV, and co are happy to hit Rao/Sami/Tanvir/Sohail Khan/Riaz around, but when Asif and Akhtar show up, they are brought back down to Earth.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    5,042
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Easa
    Yeah, but the thing is, even our least-rated batsmen are supremely comfortable against India. We have all seen the demolition Afridi has inflicted on India over the years. Malik averages 50+ with something like 3 ODI Tons and 2 90's against India. Hell, even Butt, who is not even a regular in any format, has bashed the Indian bowlers. Faisal Iqbal once made 139 against India on a green seamer.

    Face it, our batsman have the upper hand in India/Pak encounters. Dhoni, THE UV, and co are happy to hit Rao/Sami/Tanvir/Sohail Khan/Riaz around, but when Asif and Akhtar show up, they are brought back down to Earth.
    Oh really?

    Yuvi has scored his 3 test 100s against Pakistan with either Asif or Akhtar in the team, Dhoni averages 64-65 in tests.

    http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/...s;type=batting

    In ODIs, Dhoni and Yuvi are even worse, averaging 73 and 56 when either asif or akhtar are playing

    http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/...s;type=batting

  76. #76
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    4,894
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Easa
    Yeah, but the thing is, even our least-rated batsmen are supremely comfortable against India. We have all seen the demolition Afridi has inflicted on India over the years. Malik averages 50+ with something like 3 ODI Tons and 2 90's against India. Hell, even Butt, who is not even a regular in any format, has bashed the Indian bowlers. Faisal Iqbal once made 139 against India on a green seamer.

    Face it, our batsman have the upper hand in India/Pak encounters. Dhoni, THE UV, and co are happy to hit Rao/Sami/Tanvir/Sohail Khan/Riaz around, but when Asif and Akhtar show up, they are brought back down to Earth.
    Asif and akhtar Vs India

    Asif avgs 28 againist India in tests 5 avg points more than his normal avg.

    in ODIs he avgs 44 againist India his normal avg is 32

    Akhtar avgs 34 againist India 10 points over his normal avg.

    Akhtar ODI normal avg is 23 againist India 25

    so they have fared worse againist India than againist anyone else.


    You are comparing Pakistani Batsman with Indian batsman you serious?

    Afridi and his demolition...batting avg 25 bowling avg 50 something.what demolition over 60+ ODI matches

    and now you will go to find how some one performed in One Kqarachi or chennai test or one Kanpur one day........i mean really


    We are the World cup Champions,bow down to the WC champions

  77. #77
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    10,870
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s2k
    Asif and akhtar Vs India

    Asif avgs 28 againist India in tests 5 avg points more than his normal avg.

    in ODIs he avgs 44 againist India his normal avg is 32

    Akhtar avgs 34 againist India 10 points over his normal avg.

    Akhtar ODI normal avg is 23 againist India 25

    so they have fared worse againist India than againist anyone else.


    You are comparing Pakistani Batsman with Indian batsman you serious?

    Afridi and his demolition...batting avg 25 bowling avg 50 something.what demolition over 60+ ODI matches

    and now you will go to find how some one performed in One Kqarachi or chennai test or one Kanpur one day........i mean really



    You really reply to such posts. I mean...... come on

  78. #78
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    4,894
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda


    You really reply to such posts. I mean...... come on
    come on you gotta try....isnt it...


    We are the World cup Champions,bow down to the WC champions

  79. #79
    Debut
    Oct 2006
    Runs
    12,426
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison


    Just saw video of this guy, he is right arm Medium....





    PIE!
    Thats fast for indians


    Don't let the attraction be your distraction

  80. #80
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    2,607
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s2k
    Asif and akhtar Vs India

    Asif avgs 28 againist India in tests 5 avg points more than his normal avg.

    in ODIs he avgs 44 againist India his normal avg is 32

    Akhtar avgs 34 againist India 10 points over his normal avg.

    Akhtar ODI normal avg is 23 againist India 25

    so they have fared worse againist India than againist anyone else.
    Ummm, did it occur to you where Pak and India play most of their test matches against each other? Does "flat pitches" mean anything to you?

    Here are the four Indian bowling "greats" (100+ test wickets) of 2000s and their bowling averages:

    Zaheer Khan
    Overall: 32.98
    vs Pak: 47.29

    Bhajji
    Overall: 30.94
    vs Pak: 52.04

    Kumble
    Overall: 29.65
    vs Pak: 31.97

    Irfan Pathan
    Overall: 32.26
    vs Pak: 49.92

    For the first three, their bowling averages against Pak are their worst against ANY country. For Pathan, they are the second worst. But, before I make any conclusions on their bowling ability against Pak, I'd try and reason why. Incl. where these matches may have been played.

    Cheers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

:: Cricket-Blog:: wasimakramlive.com:: Sri Lanka Cricket News:: Bouncer Sports:: Cricket Heroes::