Instagram


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Malik be in the plans for the 2019 WC?

Voters
421. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    189 44.89%
  • No

    212 50.36%
  • Unsure

    20 4.75%
Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 240 of 12802
  1. #161
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    Calgary AB, Canada
    Runs
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And thanks to the response this thread has receieved I have reverted back to hating Malik unconditionally.


    Tuk.Tuk.Tuk.Tuk... vs 4.4.4.OUT

  2. #162
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    361
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed-sohail
    Wait! I am about to create an anti malik thread.
    I don't think PP has the bandwidth after all it will accumulate more posts than the Waqar commentary thread within a week

  3. #163
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    1,897
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think he will learn his lesson and bounce back to play cricket for Pakistan again.

  4. #164
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    11,385
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asadee
    I think he will learn his lesson and bounce back to play cricket for Pakistan again.
    wow can't wait for that to happen!

    By the way, when he does come back what exactly do you expect him to do? What will he do that he hasnt done over the past 11 years????

  5. #165
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Manchester United-Kingdom
    Runs
    18,663
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69
    wow can't wait for that to happen!

    By the way, when he does come back what exactly do you expect him to do? What will he do that he hasnt done over the past 11 years????
    Plz don't underestimate this man.you will regret it.


    we will not miss a 'never will be' like Malik. Drop Him For Good.

  6. #166
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Umta
    Oh yeah, same guy who was probably the worst captain we had. The same guy who kept Fawad Alam out of team. The same guy who has underperformed in test, ODI and T20 cricket since 2007. Same guy who refused to open innings when YK asked him to.
    have you even seen his captaincy record in ODI's??

  7. #167
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,919
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Malik haters must be gutted that he received just a one year ban....funny how the guys who blaming him for dis-unity receive life bans....I wonder who the real culprits are hmmmmmmmm..

  8. #168
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    8,065
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I support Maik as player as he is my favourite player after Afridi but what he has done ( like backstabbing,conspirasies etc) I dont support him for that and I am happy that he is punished for those reason .


    Pakistan Zindabad

  9. #169
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does anyone know what the actual truth is? We only know what the media reports, which is almost always exaggerated. Let's just hope Pakistan cricket get out of this mess and pull through.
    Last edited by PakCricket4Eva; 13th March 2010 at 03:25.


    Falling in love is the simplest thing.
    But finding true love is the hardest thing.

  10. #170
    Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    67,129
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cantab
    Mods, please rename the thread to "Malik Sabotage Thread".
    But this thread would have ended after 5 posts if only complementary words of support were allowed!


    Saeed Ajmal & Younis Khan: The Pride of Pakistan

  11. #171
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    55,663
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    he'll be back very shortly, let's hope he works on his game in the mean time...Malik Cheetaaah Zindabaad!


    Proud Shehri of Misbah Ka Pakistan

  12. #172
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    2,178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the most absurd thread, yeah we support Shoaib Malik ........ getting long term ban, good riddence

  13. #173
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    616
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I support malik: handy batsmen and bowler, excellent fielder.

  14. #174
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    London (Sialkoti)
    Runs
    3,113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you lot just come in here and just take the blatant **** out of him what more could you want he's been banned deal with it or is that still not enough that some people still wana support him big deal hoo haa funny he got banned for one year yet others around him got punished too so afterall this time he wasnt the only culprit when everyone was shifting the blame on him, and it is still not clear who did what just leave him alone if you got nothing better to say or nothin nice to say then there are PLENTY of anti-malik threads go invade in them leave this thread for posters like me who do wana keep supporting him and if u cant deal with it then go make an extra 10 threads on it and go insane on your love for malik

  15. #175
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,919
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzy
    you lot just come in here and just take the blatant **** out of him what more could you want he's been banned deal with it or is that still not enough that some people still wana support him big deal hoo haa funny he got banned for one year yet others around him got punished too so afterall this time he wasnt the only culprit when everyone was shifting the blame on him, and it is still not clear who did what just leave him alone if you got nothing better to say or nothin nice to say then there are PLENTY of anti-malik threads go invade in them leave this thread for posters like me who do wana keep supporting him and if u cant deal with it then go make an extra 10 threads on it and go insane on your love for malik
    ..I don't think the bashers have realized the real culprits have received life bans..

  16. #176
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I do not think he needs any support as He is neither YK nor MoYo who really need support.

    But If he tried to tell the truth and made fun of MoYo in Aus, I fully back him as MoYo deserved that insult.

    Plus i strongly believe that Ban has no legal value and would be turned away by PCB or by court.

  17. #177
    Debut
    Jul 2008
    Runs
    7,513
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am not surprised with the hatred of Malik strongly alive, and that is the guy from Karachi, witness the entire 'Hatred' reality in the whole Karachi. That is harshly fact, as people seriously considering the 'Murder' to him.

    What happened with the lifetime banned served on Younus, and Yousuf, and due to political interference, has reduced to the imposed banned period of more than 2 months, and perhaps, before the tour of England. The undermining of Malik captaincy is all started by Younus and Yousuf, along with Shahid Khan Afridi (Sadly, but it's truth), were the ones stayed away when Pakistan team needed captain, the leadership to lead during that time. Malik has had courage to lead the team knowing that he was new to leadership, and will have improved after two to three years. The 'hatred on Malik' as haters of Malik, demanded improvement quickly with no patience provided, as willing to encourage the patience for the appointed captain like Younus and Yousuf. It took Greame Smith more than five years to get settled, but still remain unsuccessful without Kallis who happily play for youngster captaincy, unlike Younus, Yousuf and Shahid Khan Afridi with their egos publicized.

    It is dejavu all over again. What goes around, comes around. Both Younus and Yousuf are getting treatment for what they have started. I don't care for their contribution for the team, but representing the team is supposed to be 'grateful' and 'honor' for them. No one is bigger than the nation interest. We all know that with Malik being in charge for the team, as the team will benefit a lot especially with all the support from the whole team, and he has what it takes to unite the team, and on the other hand, both Yousuf and Younus are potential to divide the team, and those kind of players we don't want as well as Razzaq too. Malik is the future for the team, but not the retired players like Yousuf and Younus. Even, Shahid Khan Afridi is already mid 30, and perhaps, close to 35 than what he says to the media.

    I really hope for the unbanning Malik should be expected before the WC T20, because we need his service for the team, as fielder, as captain, as batsman. Plus, he is okay with Shahid Khan Afridi being in charge of the team.
    Last edited by Fallen King; 13th March 2010 at 07:34.

  18. #178
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    3,780
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't it make you wonder that so far Malik is the only one who has never slammed his team-mates in public like rest of our players?

    I have always supported him and will countinue to support him as he has been acting professionally in the media for last 3-4 years (since all these off-field fightning started). He's also an excellent T20 and a really good ODI player for Pakistan. He will be missed.

  19. #179
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Manchester United-Kingdom
    Runs
    18,663
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MalikMohsin I asked you a question the other day how did YK undermine malik? Up until this day not a single person accused him of under performing, back stabbing or groupings against malik. Look at his performance in tests and ODIs under malik. Younis played his best ODI cricket under malik won a final scoring a hundred. So plz provide some evidence or stop accusing him in every freaking post.


    we will not miss a 'never will be' like Malik. Drop Him For Good.

  20. #180
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    Princeton, NJ USA
    Runs
    1,493
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leave Britney oh I mean Malik alone. what has he done to deserve all of this?!! None of you seem to appreciate what he has done for Pak cricket!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZAr9E8i3ng


    "I am the patron saint of mediocrity.."--Salieri

  21. #181
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    am a big fan. MALIK TOOK US TO FINAL OF ONE T20 AND WON US THE OTHER. I THINK THAT IS ENOUGH REASON PLUS HE SCORES A CENTURY EVERYTIME WE PLAY INDIA. WHAT NORE DO YOU WANT FROM A PLAYER

  22. #182
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^^ Malik's performance has not been an issue for selectors as he has been one of very few players who had been an automatic selection for all three formats for last many years.

    MoYo and YoYo tried to settle the scores by not letting him play. Thats was one of the reasons for YoYo's ban beside fishing trips as board said that about captains.

    If the ban remains implemented (I have my doubts), still I am satisfied.

    As MoYo and YoYo and Ijaz and Bari had destroyed cricket in last two years, I would be happy at the sacrifice of one year of Malik's cricket to get rid of old junk.
    Still two to go (Butt and Bari), then we will have some fresh air.

  23. #183
    Debut
    Oct 2006
    Runs
    12,193
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have always been a fan of Malik, however if he has been banned for stiring trouble in the team then he derserves it and gets no support from me

  24. #184
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    I have always been a fan of Malik, however if he has been banned for stiring trouble in the team then he derserves it and gets no support from me

    This is a BIG IF.

    YK and MoYo have been outcast as the picture becoming clear.

    YK tried to treat his team mates badly, and scare them off.
    He thought himself of master rather than captain and forced team mates to react badly.

    If Malik, Afridi, Akmals and other 3 took stand against YK then Malik is with the team and YK alone.

    Regarding MoYo, everyone knows he sucks.
    Last edited by Black Zero; 13th March 2010 at 19:38.

  25. #185
    Debut
    Jul 2008
    Runs
    7,513
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed-sohail
    MalikMohsin I asked you a question the other day how did YK undermine malik? Up until this day not a single person accused him of under performing, back stabbing or groupings against malik. Look at his performance in tests and ODIs under malik. Younis played his best ODI cricket under malik won a final scoring a hundred. So plz provide some evidence or stop accusing him in every freaking post.
    If i ask you to prove how Malik tried to undermine Younus captaincy, the only evident you can prove by using the cricket expert statement at best.

    Younus did perform under Malik captaincy, but so did Malik, for the Champion Trophy, against India, where his performance has automatically granted us in the semi final.

    In spite of his fine performance under Malik captaincy, but it doesn't change the fact that Younus also tried to undermine the authority, and deliberately performed poor performances as well. If you ask me to provide an evidence or other wise, stop accuse him, then why the hell you continue to accuse Malik regularly without evident consistently? Get your head straight first.

    I will continue to accuse him because i know it is truth, and it all started by Malik captaincy, and by ignoring this won't change the fact at all. We will find out the truth for overturning the decision of lifetime banned imposed on Younus and Yousuf altogether.
    Last edited by Fallen King; 14th March 2010 at 01:15.

  26. #186
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My full support for malik he has played very good at number 3 in odi's in the past and inshallah if he got another chance he will do well their again.



  27. #187
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Manchester United-Kingdom
    Runs
    18,663
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MalikMohsin provide me one statement from anyone apart from you that YK uderperformed during malik,s captaincy. Its a fact malik refused to bat in top 3 he said it live on tv and malik was one of the molana sahib who had the sharf of oath taking.


    we will not miss a 'never will be' like Malik. Drop Him For Good.

  28. #188
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why should Malik bat at three? Any specific reason?
    Why not MoYo?
    when will MoYo start taking responsibility?
    He survived under inzi and inzi always took responsibility.

    It was unfair to ask Malik, Faisal, or Umer Akmal to bat at three. (It's in media how elder akmal reacted when umer was sent at three).

    Malik is lower middle order batsman and not top order.
    but still he said he would bat at three if he got some sort of confirmation that he would be given a long run at 3 (and not pushed back when someone else{YK** wanted to bat at three again)

    Plus whats morally or professionally wrong in refusing to play at certain position when one is not specialist for that position?

  29. #189
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    11,385
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    Why should Malik bat at three? Any specific reason?
    Why not MoYo?
    when will MoYo start taking responsibility?
    He survived under inzi and inzi always took responsibility.

    It was unfair to ask Malik, Faisal, or Umer Akmal to bat at three. (It's in media how elder akmal reacted when umer was sent at three).

    Malik is lower middle order batsman and not top order.
    but still he said he would bat at three if he got some sort of confirmation that he would be given a long run at 3 (and not pushed back when someone else{YK** wanted to bat at three again)

    Plus whats morally or professionally wrong in refusing to play at certain position when one is not specialist for that position?
    Are you still at it???

    Why dont you concentrate your energies on something more useful rather then expand so much time on a player that has done absolutely nothing to date! You back him upo like is some legend which is actually very far from the truth!

    He is a very very ordinary test match player, decentish odi player and a good 20/20 player...BUT he is not exceptional and or very very good in any form of the game..

  30. #190
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Manchester United-Kingdom
    Runs
    18,663
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Com,n Imy bloke is rubbish in T20. its a big myth that he is good at T20 unless average of 20 and SR of 100 over last 12 months represent good value.


    we will not miss a 'never will be' like Malik. Drop Him For Good.

  31. #191
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    Why should Malik bat at three? Any specific reason?
    Why not MoYo?
    when will MoYo start taking responsibility?
    He survived under inzi and inzi always took responsibility.

    It was unfair to ask Malik, Faisal, or Umer Akmal to bat at three. (It's in media how elder akmal reacted when umer was sent at three).

    Malik is lower middle order batsman and not top order.
    but still he said he would bat at three if he got some sort of confirmation that he would be given a long run at 3 (and not pushed back when someone else{YK** wanted to bat at three again)

    Plus whats morally or professionally wrong in refusing to play at certain position when one is not specialist for that position?
    Totally agree with you.some great points.

  32. #192
    Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    67,129
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69
    He is a very very ordinary test match player, decentish odi player and a good 20/20 player...BUT he is not exceptional and or very very good in any form of the game..
    1. He should never have played a single test match - ever!
    2. OK ODI player if he bats early and doesnt have to come in for a slog
    3. Good T20 player

    But overall, for a player that cant bat, has no technique, doesnt bowl & cant captain - he's strung out an unbelievably long career.

    And I salute him on this aspect of his career!


    Saeed Ajmal & Younis Khan: The Pride of Pakistan

  33. #193
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Manchester United-Kingdom
    Runs
    18,663
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxy welcome to the anti mafia club.


    we will not miss a 'never will be' like Malik. Drop Him For Good.

  34. #194
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed-sohail
    Com,n Imy bloke is rubbish in T20. its a big myth that he is good at T20 unless average of 20 and SR of 100 over last 12 months represent good value.

    Still 100 times better than "Great and legends" who will play maiden after maiden in T20s.

    Whats YK's average in any format in last 12 months, i really pray and hope that its in double digit.

    In any case, Pak CANNOT defend the title of T20! without Malik.
    Last edited by Black Zero; 14th March 2010 at 06:50.

  35. #195
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69
    Are you still at it???

    Why dont you concentrate your energies on something more useful rather then expand so much time on a player that has done absolutely nothing to date! You back him upo like is some legend which is actually very far from the truth!

    He is a very very ordinary test match player, decentish odi player and a good 20/20 player...BUT he is not exceptional and or very very good in any form of the game..
    I never said that hes a great test batsman, where have I implied it?
    I always say that he needs to work on his technique and bring his avg from 37+ to 45+.

    I am spending my energies to support Malik as I feel he is being unfairly treated by PCB and Media, which is Pro MoYo and YK.

    For every failure of MoYo and YK, Malik has been brought as a scapegoat.


    Sorry, i do not share your assessment that Malik has done nothing.

    Just recently, in Sri Lanka he saved a sure defeat (played under YK).

    Kicked India in CT, got player of the match award (played under YK).

    won gazillions times domestic T20 tournament, incidently his team has not lost a single match since feb 2006. His domestic T20 average is 40, if someone got half of it and you would easily call it great average.

    by the way, you have posted about Malik 10 times more than I have.

    Apply same advice to yourself and direct your energies to someone else. please.

  36. #196
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxy
    1. He should never have played a single test match - ever!
    2. OK ODI player if he bats early and doesnt have to come in for a slog
    3. Good T20 player

    But overall, for a player that cant bat, has no technique, doesnt bowl & cant captain - he's strung out an unbelievably long career.

    And I salute him on this aspect of his career!
    We can understand the feeling.
    Malik has been kicking FSBD years after years and it must hurt hard.

    There is a chance for wolves in next RBS as Malik wont be playing.

  37. #197
    Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    Oslo, Norway
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    Still 100 times better than "Great and legends" who will play maiden after maiden in T20s.

    Whats YK's average in any format in last 12 months, i really pray and hope that its in double digit.

    In any case, Pak CANNOT defend the title of T20! without Malik.

  38. #198
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Raja
    one more for the route.
    CANNOT even reach final.

  39. #199
    Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    Oslo, Norway
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    one more for the route.
    CANNOT even reach final.
    Can you tell what Malik did in T20 World Cup that was so special? All the players that contributed more to the WC victory than Malik: Afridi, YK, Kamran, Afridi, Ajmal, Gul, Razzaq and Amir.

  40. #200
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Manchester United-Kingdom
    Runs
    18,663
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Raja
    Can you tell what Malik did in T20 World Cup that was so special? All the players that contributed more to the WC victory than Malik: Afridi, YK, Kamran, Afridi, Ajmal, Gul, Razzaq and Amir.
    is our best batsman


    we will not miss a 'never will be' like Malik. Drop Him For Good.


  41. #201
    Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    Oslo, Norway
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will even go as far as saying that Misbah contributed more than Malik!

  42. #202
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Raja
    Can you tell what Malik did in T20 World Cup that was so special? All the players that contributed more to the WC victory than Malik: Afridi, YK, Kamran, Afridi, Ajmal, Gul, Razzaq and Amir.

    He was sensational in semi final fielding at long off and long on in last 5-7 overs. I have seldom seen any of our players picking the ball up so cleanly ball after ball, he did it and kept everything to just one. Huge in IMO and went long way in ensuring that we win. Batted very very sensibly in final also.

  43. #203
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Raja
    I will even go as far as saying that Misbah contributed more than Malik!
    well misbah is the leading candidate for captaining pakistan. Good to know that atleast someone shares butt's thinking.

  44. #204
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Raja
    Can you tell what Malik did in T20 World Cup that was so special? All the players that contributed more to the WC victory than Malik: Afridi, YK, Kamran, Afridi, Ajmal, Gul, Razzaq and Amir.
    WC 2007

    11 vs SC
    20 vs IND
    50 vs SL
    21 vs BD
    52* vs Aus
    21 vs BD
    26* vs NZL
    8 vs Ind


    WC 2009

    20 vs Eng
    28 vs SL
    4 vs NZL
    4* vs IL
    34 vs SA (came at 2 for 28 and build the innings against SA, Took kallis's catch, their main guy)
    24* vs SL (76 unbeaten partnership with Afridi)

    Its good that you have not denied that Malik even played WC T20.

  45. #205
    Debut
    Jul 2008
    Runs
    7,513
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed-sohail
    Com,n Imy bloke is rubbish in T20. its a big myth that he is good at T20 unless average of 20 and SR of 100 over last 12 months represent good value.
    Since, you are asking proof. Let me throw you a simple; Why do you think Younus Khan is honest cricketer and do you have proof of that?

    The problem did start during 2007, but i don't even have proof of what Shahid Khan Afridi tried to undermine Malik authority.

    If you are asking for statement to back which really mean a lot to you, what happened to Ijaz Ahmed backing Malik, and suddenly he becomes villain? If not, then he also gets to be accused of being Sialkot Malik is in, and ...etc.

    It happened between both sides, but it all started by Malik captaincy. You know it, but you just want proof in spite of knowing, and for some reasons, he is just some honest cricketer to you, but you forgot about the fiasco between Inzimam and Younus, didn't you?

  46. #206
    Debut
    Jul 2008
    Runs
    7,513
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan team will miss Malik service. In batting aspect, both WC 2007 and both WC 2009, he was useful with batting, and fielding. Remember, his two fifty's in a row (Australia, Sri Lanka), that allowed Pakistan to reach in the final. Malik also support Shahid Khan Afridi for partnership.

    Remember, after the Malik and Afridi dismissal against South Africa, both Younus and Razzaq have ensured the possibly of guaranteed losing, but thank to Pakistan bowlers, came back strongly to defend the reasonable target. I am surprised people still don't talk about Razzaq-Younus partnership. Neither Younus Khan maiden over including run out to Imran Nazir in the final match against India.

  47. #207
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Manchester United-Kingdom
    Runs
    18,663
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    Still 100 times better than "Great and legends" who will play maiden after maiden in T20s.

    Whats YK's average in any format in last 12 months, i really pray and hope that its in double digi.
    Since 1/01/2009.
    YK. tests ave 63
    Malik ave 36=YK +27
    odi
    YK ave 20
    Malik 24=
    malik +4
    T20
    YK ave 57
    malik 20=
    YK +17.
    Net result.
    27+17-4=40 to younis khan
    you have been owned big time my friend.


    we will not miss a 'never will be' like Malik. Drop Him For Good.

  48. #208
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    UAE sharjah
    Runs
    414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why you support malik ?feel any sympothy on him.he is a useless in team
    pls ban him life!!!!!!!!!!

  49. #209
    Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    Oslo, Norway
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    WC 2007

    11 vs SC
    20 vs IND
    50 vs SL
    21 vs BD
    52* vs Aus
    21 vs BD
    26* vs NZL
    8 vs Ind


    WC 2009

    20 vs Eng
    28 vs SL
    4 vs NZL
    4* vs IL
    34 vs SA (came at 2 for 28 and build the innings against SA, Took kallis's catch, their main guy)
    24* vs SL (76 unbeaten partnership with Afridi)

    Its good that you have not denied that Malik even played WC T20.
    I was talking about the 09 WC, and what does this prove? It doesn't prove that you CANNOT win the WC without him

    Younus Khan: 170 runs at 57.33 at a strike rate of 139.83 (only bettered by Afridi who had 140). Even though Malik played OK, to say that Pakistan won because of him is pathetic...

  50. #210
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    11,385
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    I never said that hes a great test batsman, where have I implied it?I always say that he needs to work on his technique and bring his avg from 37+ to 45+.

    I am spending my energies to support Malik as I feel he is being unfairly treated by PCB and Media, which is Pro MoYo and YK.

    For every failure of MoYo and YK, Malik has been brought as a scapegoat.


    Sorry, i do not share your assessment that Malik has done nothing.

    Just recently, in Sri Lanka he saved a sure defeat (played under YK).

    Kicked India in CT, got player of the match award (played under YK).

    won gazillions times domestic T20 tournament, incidently his team has not lost a single match since feb 2006. His domestic T20 average is 40, if someone got half of it and you would easily call it great average.

    by the way, you have posted about Malik 10 times more than I have.

    Apply same advice to yourself and direct your energies to someone else. please.
    yet you defend him like he's some legend!

    You simply cannot compare him to Moyo and Yk who are both worldclass batsmen and are proven in the highest form of the game, i.e. test matches.

    You lose your argument whenever you compare Malik to Moyo and Yk. Its as simple as that.

    And no one is making Malik a scapegoat. The bottom line is that he has been playing international cricket for over a decade now and has not produced the goods so if the team doesnt do well then naturally Malik comes under fire. He gets extra critism because despite his rubbish performances he has yet to be dropped for a promising youngster and somehow always manages to keep his place in the side.

    Give it up because you dont have a leg to stand on when defending Malik. Unless he plays for naother ten years and shifts his average to above 50 in test matches, and scores big all around the world he'll never be considered as haviong the same class as Moyo or Yk. Don;t hold your breath though, because the longer he gets selected he keeps out another youngster which is why everyone has a huge gripe against Malik.

  51. #211
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Sidanay
    Runs
    21,809
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strong 'lolwtf' at Anwaar in this thread.

    Malik is an absolute hack. You support him over YK and Yousuf as if he even comes close to what they've achieved for Pakistan.


    He is fundamentally aware of his aura within the team. His exhilaration infects them.

  52. #212
    Debut
    Mar 2006
    Venue
    somewhere in Tora Bora
    Runs
    6,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed-sohail
    Since 1/01/2009.
    YK. tests ave 63
    Malik ave 36=YK +27
    odi
    YK ave 20
    Malik 24=
    malik +4
    T20
    YK ave 57
    malik 20=
    YK +17.
    Net result.
    27+17-4=40 to younis khan
    you have been owned big time my friend.
    Kyun apna time zaya ker rehay ho bhai, deewar sae takraen maar rehay ho.

    I stopped reading this bloke's posts after he suggested that Thilan Samareweera is a better test batsman than Viv Richards.


    DOWN WITH ISRAEL !!

  53. #213
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed-sohail
    Since 1/01/2009.
    YK. tests ave 63
    Malik ave 36=YK +27
    odi
    YK ave 20
    Malik 24=
    malik +4
    T20
    YK ave 57
    malik 20=
    YK +17.
    Net result.
    27+17-4=40 to younis khan
    you have been owned big time my friend.

    Sorry, in original we talked about last 12 months, please scroll up and confirm.

    you are correct only about T20 but he is retired from this format now.


    So here is the correct picture in last 12 months:

    http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/...;type=allround


    YK Test in last 12 months

    25
    3
    0
    82
    2
    19
    ----
    131
    ----


    Avg: 21.83 and not 56 as you tried to show by manipulating the dates, again the period is last 12 months not even 12 months plus one day. I even do not want to compare this to Malik's Avg (35) not great but miles ahead of 21.83.

    YK ODIs in last 12 months

    11
    28
    0
    7
    27
    12
    23
    44
    89
    76
    20
    18
    15
    0
    19
    3
    46
    0
    12
    6
    3
    ----
    459
    ----

    Avg: 21.857 its 22 not 20 as suggested but still lower than Malik (24.50)


    So my hope came true that his avg at least reached double digits.

    I do not played owning thing my friend, but kindly next time please convey correct stats.

    There was so specific reason that YK asked his brother to sacrifice goats to bring him in form last year. (as you follow YK, so you must read this news)

  54. #214
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Raja
    I was talking about the 09 WC, and what does this prove? It doesn't prove that you CANNOT win the WC without him

    Younus Khan: 170 runs at 57.33 at a strike rate of 139.83 (only bettered by Afridi who had 140). Even though Malik played OK, to say that Pakistan won because of him is pathetic...

    ok all other are there so we will talk again on this when pak would win (or would kick out of wc, as i predict).

    I'll send a personal apology letter to you in case pak won WC. ok?

  55. #215
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69
    yet you defend him like he's some legend!

    You simply cannot compare him to Moyo and Yk who are both worldclass batsmen and are proven in the highest form of the game, i.e. test matches.

    You lose your argument whenever you compare Malik to Moyo and Yk. Its as simple as that.

    And no one is making Malik a scapegoat. The bottom line is that he has been playing international cricket for over a decade now and has not produced the goods so if the team doesnt do well then naturally Malik comes under fire. He gets extra critism because despite his rubbish performances he has yet to be dropped for a promising youngster and somehow always manages to keep his place in the side.

    Give it up because you dont have a leg to stand on when defending Malik. Unless he plays for naother ten years and shifts his average to above 50 in test matches, and scores big all around the world he'll never be considered as haviong the same class as Moyo or Yk. Don;t hold your breath though, because the longer he gets selected he keeps out another youngster which is why everyone has a huge gripe against Malik.
    MoYo and YK were good ok players once, not any more, thats past. Get over it, if you can.

    Regarding your other assessments about Malik, as i said i do not agree as those assumptions are drived from your hatred toward malik.

    by the way MoYo and YK were also not legend, they were also ok players.
    I assume that faisal iqbal had a better year than your legends.



    What MoYo has except one good year?
    What YK got except a useless triple? worst ever pakistani captain! who won us few and caused defeat numerous times due to his inherent inconsistency.



    repeat:
    MoYo and YK were good ok players once, not any more, thats past. Get over it, if you can.
    Last edited by Black Zero; 14th March 2010 at 21:53.

  56. #216
    Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    My Room
    Runs
    26,704
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I beg to differ on one specific point.

    Younis Khan is a world-class Test batsman. He's not a word-class batsman, over all. In fact, at best he's a 'good' or 'passable' ODI batsman, not a person who can turn a game around, and definitely not indispensable.

    Arguing that he's a better Test batsman than Malik is futile and is gonna get us nowhere. He's obviously miles ahead. He's one of the best Pakistani Test batsman ever. But his limited overs batting leaves a lot to be desired, and Malik certainly trumps him in that department.

  57. #217
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Easa
    I beg to differ on one specific point.

    Younis Khan is a world-class Test batsman. He's not a word-class batsman, over all. In fact, at best he's a 'good' or 'passable' ODI batsman, not a person who can turn a game around, and definitely not indispensable.

    Arguing that he's a better Test batsman than Malik is futile and is gonna get us nowhere. He's obviously miles ahead. He's one of the best Pakistani Test batsman ever. But his limited overs batting leaves a lot to be desired, and Malik certainly trumps him in that department.
    Balanced thinking even i do not agree with world class test batsman term as one essential requirement is to be consistent where YK fails miserably.

    Now regarding MoYo, as Mohsin suggested that MoYo should be retired from ODIs, so i think MoYo wouldn't be picked for ODIs in future.

  58. #218
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    2,178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxy
    1. He should never have played a single test match - ever!
    2. OK ODI player if he bats early and doesnt have to come in for a slog
    3. Good T20 player

    But overall, for a player that cant bat, has no technique, doesnt bowl & cant captain - he's strung out an unbelievably long career.

    And I salute him on this aspect of his career!
    Well said, the other ******* here are blind to reality.

  59. #219
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Manchester United-Kingdom
    Runs
    18,663
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    Balanced thinking even i do not agree with world class test batsman term as one essential requirement is to be consistent where YK fails miserably.
    .
    Consistent? A blind fan of a talentless wonder is not convinced by a batsman who has 16 test hundreds in 60 odd tests and more importantly has averages 43 And 45 in his last test series in aus and SA respectively.
    Has one of the best conversion rate with every other 50 converted into a hundred.7 scores of 147 +


    we will not miss a 'never will be' like Malik. Drop Him For Good.

  60. #220
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Manchester United-Kingdom
    Runs
    18,663
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fails miserable yeah right Anwaar. Look closely 11 hundreds in his last 34 tests with topping averages in india aus SA.
    313,267,199,193,173,153,149,147, 130,126,124,119,116,108,107,107. Put these in your pipe and smoke.


    we will not miss a 'never will be' like Malik. Drop Him For Good.

  61. #221
    Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    4,225
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    I support Malik.

    I hope he said to MoYo on his face that "Moyo you suck" and got one year ban on this comment.

    Shows how much you know Pakistani cricket. Malik was good ODI batsman. Yousuf is all time Pakistani legend(one of the few Pakistan has had).

  62. #222
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Venue
    Netherland
    Runs
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Anwaar
    Balanced thinking even i do not agree with world class test batsman term as one essential requirement is to be consistent where YK fails miserably.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saqlain_doosra
    Shows how much you know Pakistani cricket. Malik was good ODI batsman. Yousuf is all time Pakistani legend(one of the few Pakistan has had).
    I will second that.
    Last edited by qazaa; 15th March 2010 at 02:39.

  63. #223
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    Sorry, in original we talked about last 12 months, please scroll up and confirm.

    you are correct only about T20 but he is retired from this format now.


    So here is the correct picture in last 12 months:

    http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/...;type=allround


    YK Test in last 12 months

    25
    3
    0
    82
    2
    19
    ----
    131
    ----


    Avg: 21.83 and not 56 as you tried to show by manipulating the dates, again the period is last 12 months not even 12 months plus one day. I even do not want to compare this to Malik's Avg (35) not great but miles ahead of 21.83.

    YK ODIs in last 12 months

    11
    28
    0
    7
    27
    12
    23
    44
    89
    76
    20
    18
    15
    0
    19
    3
    46
    0
    12
    6
    3
    ----
    459
    ----

    Avg: 21.857 its 22 not 20 as suggested but still lower than Malik (24.50)


    So my hope came true that his avg at least reached double digits.

    I do not played owning thing my friend, but kindly next time please convey correct stats.

    There was so specific reason that YK asked his brother to sacrifice goats to bring him in form last year. (as you follow YK, so you must read this news)
    As SS, you haven't responded so I posted it again.

    I would say again, that i never said YK was not a good batsman, he was and I praised then. If he would score again I'll appreciate again.

    But the question is about PRESENT and reality is he sucked in last 12 months.

    Malik has been miles ahead of this "legend" in TESTS in last 12 months.

    I am neither blind fan of Malik nor YK hater. I am just a spectator who wouldn't through terms "world class, legend, etc. etc," for spineless players like MoYo or YK. who play victim card whenever they couldn't perform.

    Imran, Miandad and Waqar were Pakistani legends in last few decades.

    Had YK retired after his triple and MoYo retired at the end of his One year, it would have been good for them and for pakistan cricket. They could have said good bye to cricket with grace. But as its a usual case with Pakistani players they just do not know when to say good bye.
    Last edited by Black Zero; 15th March 2010 at 03:10.

  64. #224
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed-sohail
    Fails miserable yeah right Anwaar. Look closely 11 hundreds in his last 34 tests with topping averages in india aus SA.
    313,267,199,193,173,153,149,147, 130,126,124,119,116,108,107,107. Put these in your pipe and smoke.
    and how many under twenty scores?
    45% of the times Mr YK failed to cross 25.
    Here is that SMALL list:
    12
    8
    2
    0
    23
    4
    2
    23
    0
    4
    1
    17
    0
    19
    5
    0
    5
    4
    8
    1
    2
    0
    14
    17
    23
    9
    1
    0
    0
    7
    0
    0
    8
    9
    11
    20
    8
    0
    6
    3
    7
    23
    0
    25
    3
    0
    2
    19


    For every big innings of YK, he failed in 2-5 innings. Sorry thats not my kind of world class legend.

    Lastly, I do not smoke or drink.
    Lets keep this argument nice and clean.
    Last edited by Black Zero; 3rd June 2010 at 23:12.

  65. #225
    Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    4,225
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr Anwar I agree with you Malik is much better batsman then both Yousuf and Younus together. These poster don't know much about cricket only me and you understand true legend. I wish only if rest of the poster were smart like us.

  66. #226
    Debut
    Jul 2008
    Runs
    7,513
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't think Anwar is trying to compare at all. if anything, those usual members always compare to Malik for anything which can be painfully annoying without actually analyzing the statistics and details.

    Inzimam is the last LEGENDARY batsman as far as what we have witnessed so far. Inzimam has dealt with quality bowlers in the past, like Walsh, Ambrose, and regularly scored reasonable runs in almost every England tours, and some other tours.

    Comparable to Younus, and Yousuf, as they clearly were hyped, but failed to live up with the expectation, as their averages in overseas are abysmal. Most of their runs were generated in sub continent. Ever since, the retirement of Wasim and Waqar, Pakistan has failed to win single Test series in overseas, and not to mention Younus and Yousuf performances that have resulted in choking consistently. It is unfair to brand Yousuf and Younus 'Legend' as they haven't proved their worth yet. What is the point of calling them world class in spite of knowing it is pretty clear that they didn't provide any supportive inning for Pakistan or at least for our bowlers to defend.

    Malik started his Test career in 2009, even though he did debut in Test a long time, but he is giving consistent run that started in 2009, and given the understanding of our batting line, and tours of oversea regularly, it is safe to say that Malik did okay job. He also has proved in Australia tour, 3rd Test where he can defend, capable to provide some runs in under pressure. Younus and Yousuf are likely to retire anytime. There is no point to stick with them for a while. Best is to promote Malik and young bloods like Umar Akmal and Fawad Alam. They did well better than Younus and Yousuf altogether in the current ODI series. That proves Pakistan team is doing fine with the youngsters service.

    I also remember Malik and Misbah performance against India in the past where their innings were branded as 'flat track inning', and termed Indian bowling as weak they ever faced. Look at some members bringing up the statistic of Younus performance in India. That is surprise.
    Last edited by Fallen King; 15th March 2010 at 03:53.

  67. #227
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Manchester United-Kingdom
    Runs
    18,663
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I give up.


    we will not miss a 'never will be' like Malik. Drop Him For Good.

  68. #228
    Debut
    Jul 2008
    Runs
    7,513
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Relax. It is not about us. It is about players. We are just having fun. That is what forum for.

  69. #229
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saqlain_doosra
    Mr Anwar I agree with you Malik is much better batsman then both Yousuf and Younus together. These poster don't know much about cricket only me and you understand true legend. I wish only if rest of the poster were smart like us.
    You playing with my name Sire.
    Last edited by Black Zero; 15th March 2010 at 04:32.

  70. #230
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Manchester United-Kingdom
    Runs
    18,663
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its official from today yousaf and Younis are rubbish. Certification from Anwaar and MalikMohsin.


    we will not miss a 'never will be' like Malik. Drop Him For Good.

  71. #231
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,919
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69
    yet you defend him like he's some legend!

    You simply cannot compare him to Moyo and Yk who are both worldclass batsmen and are proven in the highest form of the game, i.e. test matches.

    You lose your argument whenever you compare Malik to Moyo and Yk. Its as simple as that.

    And no one is making Malik a scapegoat. The bottom line is that he has been playing international cricket for over a decade now and has not produced the goods so if the team doesnt do well then naturally Malik comes under fire. He gets extra critism because despite his rubbish performances he has yet to be dropped for a promising youngster and somehow always manages to keep his place in the side.

    Give it up because you dont have a leg to stand on when defending Malik. Unless he plays for naother ten years and shifts his average to above 50 in test matches, and scores big all around the world he'll never be considered as haviong the same class as Moyo or Yk. Don;t hold your breath though, because the longer he gets selected he keeps out another youngster which is why everyone has a huge gripe against Malik.
    ..both are also world-class whingers and trouble causers...

  72. #232
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed-sohail
    Its official from today yousaf and Younis are rubbish. Certification from Anwaar and MalikMohsin.
    It doesn't seem that you gave up.

  73. #233
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    11,385
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only compared Malik to Moyo and Yk because he played with these two in the test sides...
    When you compare him with these two there is absolutely no competition, Malik loses by a country mile. Yk has been superb all around the world in test matches, to average over 50 shows consistency, so that argument about being a flat track bully and lacking in consistency goes right out of the window.

    However, when you compare Malik to Inzy, or Anwer, or Miandad, or even Salim Malik or Ijaz Ahmed then sorry Malik fails again and to an even worse degree..

    If on ther hand you compare him to the likes of Salman Butt, Imran Farhat and Faisil Iqbal then ofcourse he is on par if not better then them. But that really is not saying alot.
    None of these batsmen should be in the side. However since this thread is about Malik, I'll leave my well known doubts about there others in the respective threads.

    Malik is nothing in Test Matches, he is also nothing in Odi's outside of the sub continent because he doesnt have the technique to play on bouncier tracks.. He's ok for 20/20's but thats as far as it goes.

    There are ofcourse other reasons to dismiss Malik completely, such as the groupings saga etc...and there is more then enough evidence of this. But I would rather argue on cricketing ability and I'm sorry the bloke is just not good enough to be having whole threads in support of him. That is a fact. Doesnt matter about Yk or Moyo, they could have been averaging 20 for all i care, bottom line is that Malik is not a worlclass batsmen!

  74. #234
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    SCG
    Runs
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69
    I only compared Malik to Moyo and Yk because he played with these two in the test sides...
    When you compare him with these two there is absolutely no competition, Malik loses by a country mile. Yk has been superb all around the world in test matches, to average over 50 shows consistency, so that argument about being a flat track bully and lacking in consistency goes right out of the window.

    However, when you compare Malik to Inzy, or Anwer, or Miandad, or even Salim Malik or Ijaz Ahmed then sorry Malik fails again and to an even worse degree..

    If on ther hand you compare him to the likes of Salman Butt, Imran Farhat and Faisil Iqbal then ofcourse he is on par if not better then them. But that really is not saying alot.
    None of these batsmen should be in the side. However since this thread is about Malik, I'll leave my well known doubts about there others in the respective threads.

    Malik is nothing in Test Matches, he is also nothing in Odi's outside of the sub continent because he doesnt have the technique to play on bouncier tracks.. He's ok for 20/20's but thats as far as it goes.

    There are ofcourse other reasons to dismiss Malik completely, such as the groupings saga etc...and there is more then enough evidence of this. But I would rather argue on cricketing ability and I'm sorry the bloke is just not good enough to be having whole threads in support of him. That is a fact. Doesnt matter about Yk or Moyo, they could have been averaging 20 for all i care, bottom line is that Malik is not a worlclass batsmen!

    Malik has played better than Yousaf and Younis in the recent past as highlighted by Mr. Anwaar. and the following article and the report discussed, implies that YoYo were the cause of the fighting

    http://www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/con...ry/452051.html

    Malik seems to have become a scapegoat, whereas he is just trying to get on with the job instead of crying about inhouse problems and lack of unity caused by YoYo.


    -"The Truth is not Ugly, its just that The Lies are covered with make-up" me

  75. #235
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    11,385
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by irfan21987
    Malik has played better than Yousaf and Younis in the recent past as highlighted by Mr. Anwaar. and the following article and the report discussed, implies that YoYo were the cause of the fighting

    http://www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/con...ry/452051.html

    Malik seems to have become a scapegoat, whereas he is just trying to get on with the job instead of crying about inhouse problems and lack of unity caused by YoYo.

    Please lets just stay away from 'conspiracies' for just one minute..it's irrelevent whether someone instigated problems...The bottom line is that Malik is not such a brilliant player that he needs such threads of support...

    There are fans here that will support certain individual players and good on them for doing this..But does it make so much sense to stick a player on such a high pedastool when clearly that player is nothing special???

    By the way, you cannot argue that one player is better then another by pulling out stats over a course of 12 months when harldy any test matches were played during that time. What you have to go on is their respective records over their entire careers. Malik doesnt come anywhere close to both Moyo and Yk in terms of test matches and is not much ahead in Odi's either..In fact you could argue that Moyo is head and shoulders above Malik in both Odi's and Tests...However forget Moyo and Yk for a minute, and just concentrate on Malik and again the bottomline is that Malik is nothing special. He is an extremely mediocre international player and the stats back this up too!

  76. #236
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Runs
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MALIK deserves life ban.

  77. #237
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    1,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ***, now we even resorts to comparing a tail ender (glorified hi sahi) to proper batsman like MOYO and YK. No wonder we are in this deep **** when someone is having this kind of discussion on cricket forum and I don't care if the person supporting Chand babu is his cousins/relatives which I doubt pretty much. Only person who can defend Malik the Bradman against MOYO/YK is either his agent or may be MOMMI.

  78. #238
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Manchester United-Kingdom
    Runs
    18,663
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ali110
    ***, now we even resorts to comparing a tail ender (glorified hi sahi) to proper batsman like MOYO and YK. No wonder we are in this deep **** when someone is having this kind of discussion on cricket forum and I don't care if the person supporting Chand babu is his cousins/relatives which I doubt pretty much. Only person who can defend Malik the Bradman against MOYO/YK is either his agent or may be MOMMI.
    ali yaar I have given up on these ppl.YK doesn,t convince some poster coz he is not consistent.just look at the post where a poster brings his under 20 scored up to counder my argument about him having one of the best 50 to 100 ratio.


    we will not miss a 'never will be' like Malik. Drop Him For Good.

  79. #239
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    1,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxy
    1. He should never have played a single test match - ever!
    2. OK ODI player if he bats early and doesnt have to come in for a slog
    3. Good T20 player

    But overall, for a player that cant bat, has no technique, doesnt bowl & cant captain - he's strung out an unbelievably long career.

    And I salute him on this aspect of his career!
    you are forgetting Rameez, the Wonder opener of late 80's and early 90's.
    He was also a talent less opener who manange to play more than 50 tests.

  80. #240
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    1,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed-sohail
    ali yaar I have given up on these ppl.YK doesn,t convince some poster coz he is not consistent.just look at the post where a poster brings his under 20 scored up to counder my argument about him having one of the best 50 to 100 ratio.
    oh yaar SO STOP defending YK. His records and selfless services for Pakistan speaks itself.

    There is no comparison, straight and simple. com'n man, it's like comparing Miandad with Rameez Raja (even rammez was better BATSMAN than Chanda Babu door kai, jhagrai karain pur sai). I have never seen a cunning and selfish player like him.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •