Instagram


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Malik be in the plans for the 2019 WC?

Voters
421. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    189 44.89%
  • No

    212 50.36%
  • Unsure

    20 4.75%
Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 320 of 12802
  1. #241
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ali110
    ***, now we even resorts to comparing a tail ender (glorified hi sahi) to proper batsman like MOYO and YK. No wonder we are in this deep **** when someone is having this kind of discussion on cricket forum and I don't care if the person supporting Chand babu is his cousins/relatives which I doubt pretty much. Only person who can defend Malik the Bradman against MOYO/YK is either his agent or may be MOMMI.
    Thats you argument?

  2. #242
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69
    Please lets just stay away from 'conspiracies' for just one minute..it's irrelevent whether someone instigated problems...The bottom line is that Malik is not such a brilliant player that he needs such threads of support...

    There are fans here that will support certain individual players and good on them for doing this..But does it make so much sense to stick a player on such a high pedastool when clearly that player is nothing special???

    By the way, you cannot argue that one player is better then another by pulling out stats over a course of 12 months when harldy any test matches were played during that time. What you have to go on is their respective records over their entire careers. Malik doesnt come anywhere close to both Moyo and Yk in terms of test matches and is not much ahead in Odi's either..In fact you could argue that Moyo is head and shoulders above Malik in both Odi's and Tests...However forget Moyo and Yk for a minute, and just concentrate on Malik and again the bottomline is that Malik is nothing special. He is an extremely mediocre international player and the stats back this up too!
    Yes we can, and the term is called, moving average, it tells the "Current Value" of a player. Infact moving average tells much more about than average does. It's a widely used tool in FOREX.

    I agree that YK didn't played much in last 12 months. But do you agree that what ever he played, he sucked in them?

    What do you say to defend his stats for ODIs in last 12 months? He played lot of ODIs. right?
    Last edited by Black Zero; 16th March 2010 at 00:05.

  3. #243
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    1,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    Thats you argument?
    yeah, How does it feel? when you are comparing Chanda Babu to MOYO and YK as a batsman, there is no argument.

  4. #244
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    11,469
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    Yes we can, and the term is called, moving average, it tells the "Current Value" of a player. Infact moving average tells much more about than average does. It's a widely used tool in FOREX.

    I agree that YK didn't played much in last 12 months. But do you agree that what ever he played, he sucked in them?

    What do you say to defend his stats for ODIs in last 12 months? He played lot of ODIs. right?
    You my friend have LOST THE PLOT!

    I can't argue with someone whose clearly lost their mind...

    Goodbye

  5. #245
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    23,398
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Malik= glorified tailender..one of the worst layers to play for Pakistan in 30 years!!

  6. #246
    Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    67,129
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malik support thread B-)


    Saeed Ajmal & Younis Khan: The Pride of Pakistan

  7. #247
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Manchester United-Kingdom
    Runs
    18,663
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69
    You my friend have LOST THE PLOT!

    I can't argue with someone whose clearly lost their mind...

    Goodbye
    Another one bites the dust. There is no point banging your head against a wall.


    we will not miss a 'never will be' like Malik. Drop Him For Good.

  8. #248
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on you and fans. gone little bit quite now its been released that you beloved superstars were at fault and NOT . you were quick to judge on baseless media masaala and you all so innocent are at fault... now you want to wait for the full deatils before you judge...... dont make me laugh .......... everybody knows this is all MOYO's fault he went crying to ICL WHEN MALIK WAS CAPTAIN...... USING THE MOST HATED WORD IN PAKISTAN aM THE SENIOR PLAYER WHY HAS HE GOT CAPTAINCY BLAH BLAH BLAH

  9. #249
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    SCG
    Runs
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now all the Malik haters are gonna come out and say that Malik even has the manager in his back pocket and crap like that.

    some truth finally came out, that MoYo is someone with a huge ego, and I think YK was a pretty good captain and then all the power went to his head and he tried to make changes that go against PCB politics, don't blame him for trying - but I still don't exactly understand where all this Malik hate sentiments started.


    -"The Truth is not Ugly, its just that The Lies are covered with make-up" me

  10. #250
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    3,787
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by irfan21987
    Now all the Malik haters are gonna come out and say that Malik even has the manager in his back pocket and crap like that.

    some truth finally came out, that MoYo is someone with a huge ego, and I think YK was a pretty good captain and then all the power went to his head and he tried to make changes that go against PCB politics, don't blame him for trying - but I still don't exactly understand where all this Malik hate sentiments started.
    People here believe that evil Malik is an alien from moon who doesn't belong in our team.

    Fact is it's not just Malik but pretty much all seniors have played some sort of malicious games and have shown control and seniority obsession (excluding Yonus).

  11. #251
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    11,469
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriketer
    People here believe that evil Malik is an alien from moon who doesn't belong in our team.

    Fact is it's not just Malik but pretty much all seniors have played some sort of malicious games and have shown control and seniority obsession (excluding Yonus).
    Are you for real?

    Lets presume for one minute that Yk or Moyo never existed and that Malik is one of the nicest guys in the world, let alone in the Pakistan cricket team. This does not detract from the fact that he is nothign special, in fact he is extremely ordinary and the stats, records etc etc back this up. Malik is not someone who is going to be missed in our test team, and at best he is useful for 20/20's..However there ar eplenty of youngsters out there who can probably do better then him! It cetainly wont take a lot to better him! This is indisputable and to try and argue otherwise would mean that you are as brain dead as Anwer!

  12. #252
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69
    You my friend have LOST THE PLOT!

    I can't argue with someone whose clearly lost their mind...

    Goodbye
    You Welcome

    I do not prefer to be direct but you never had a plot and any counter argument except typing bold.

    Discussion is based on "question - answer - question" format and not in "Question - bashing - bashing - Question".

    and every statement should be based on argument(s)/evidence(s), like:

    Statement: YK sucked in tests and ODIs in last 12 months.
    Evidence: YK's averaged 21/22.

    Anyway, bye.

  13. #253
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kal147
    Come on you and fans. gone little bit quite now its been released that you beloved superstars were at fault and NOT . you were quick to judge on baseless media masaala and you all so innocent are at fault... now you want to wait for the full deatils before you judge...... dont make me laugh .......... everybody knows this is all MOYO's fault he went crying to ICL WHEN MALIK WAS CAPTAIN...... USING THE MOST HATED WORD IN PAKISTAN aM THE SENIOR PLAYER WHY HAS HE GOT CAPTAINCY BLAH BLAH BLAH

    +1

    As per Raruib this saga started with YK dropping MoYo. So either MoYo or YK (could be both) responsible for all this mess.

    In that series, YK dropped Malik also, even Malik just made 100 and he is one of the best fielder, if not The Best. All in the name of rotation policy!

    Blame MoYo and/or YK, Malik is proven innocent.

  14. #254
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Dubai, Lahore
    Runs
    5,315
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atleast Malik dont wash his dirty linen in public ...... All hail to Malik

  15. #255
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    The Couch,Bradford
    Runs
    3,227
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmek1
    Atleast Malik dont wash his dirty linen in public ...... All hail to Malik
    Lol yeah Even if thats sarcasm,its true.
    Thats the sort of logic unfortunately that the PCB and the press seem to be using


    ''Failure is a word unknown to me.''

    Muhammad Ali Jinnah

  16. #256
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Dubai, Lahore
    Runs
    5,315
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakmania
    Lol yeah Even if thats sarcasm,its true.
    Thats the sort of logic unfortunately that the PCB and the press seem to be using

    Malik all the way ..... sorry to say but you guys only know what comes in media and you know nothing how things works inside team and team management .... go and meet some players personally and ask them who is the real culprit, it will be a shocking revelation for You

    I will rest my case on this statement "Malik and Akhtar have the best cricketing brain in our present crop of players".

    Feel free to comment

  17. #257
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    22,088
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmek1
    Malik all the way ..... sorry to say but you guys only know what comes in media and you know nothing how things works inside team and team management .... go and meet some players personally and ask them who is the real culprit, it will be a shocking revelation for You

    I will rest my case on this statement "Malik and Akhtar have the best cricketing brain in our present crop of players".

    Feel free to comment
    I can't tell if your posts are sarcastic or if you are being serious? You never know with these Malik lovers nowadays!


    No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

  18. #258
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    The Couch,Bradford
    Runs
    3,227
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir
    I can't tell if your posts are sarcastic or if you are being serious? You never know with these Malik lovers nowadays!
    It was sarcasm in response to my question about whether he was being sarcastic


    ''Failure is a word unknown to me.''

    Muhammad Ali Jinnah

  19. #259
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Dubai, Lahore
    Runs
    5,315
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe in sarcasm in public forum

  20. #260
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    The Couch,Bradford
    Runs
    3,227
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmek1
    I don't believe in sarcasm in public forum
    Now was THAT sarcasm ?


    ''Failure is a word unknown to me.''

    Muhammad Ali Jinnah

  21. #261
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Dubai, Lahore
    Runs
    5,315
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakmania
    Now was THAT sarcasm ?
    *Yawn* whatever!!!

  22. #262
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    23,398
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ok lets be objective here...can one of Maliks followers just tell me what he has done in ten years that i should consider him a class player equal to yk or moyo..other than two inning that I can remember 100 against india and the 148 against sri lanka, what has this mediocre player done to deserve such reverence? any world records? any consistent winning performances? anything? what value is he to team pakistan?

  23. #263
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan
    ok lets be objective here...can one of Maliks followers just tell me what he has done in ten years that i should consider him a class player equal to yk or moyo..other than two inning that I can remember 100 against india and the 148 against sri lanka, what has this mediocre player done to deserve such reverence? any world records? any consistent winning performances? anything? what value is he to team pakistan?
    Part 1

    Achievement

    I hope you would not start bashing in response like others do.

    http://www.iccreliancerankings.com/p...&graph=ranking

    Please look at the graph just below Malik's details.

    It shows, Malik has been Top ten All Rounder in the whole world continuously more than 5 years.

    Do you think it's a mediocre achievement? Yes or No?
    Last edited by Black Zero; 17th March 2010 at 05:04.

  24. #264
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    1,636
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fully support malik during the period of ban........long may that continue.........

  25. #265
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan
    ok lets be objective here...can one of Maliks followers just tell me what he has done in ten years that i should consider him a class player equal to yk or moyo..other than two inning that I can remember 100 against india and the 148 against sri lanka, what has this mediocre player done to deserve such reverence? any world records? any consistent winning performances? anything? what value is he to team pakistan?
    Part 2

    Comparison to YK

    http://www.iccreliancerankings.com/ranking/odi/batting/

    Malik is second highest ranking ODI Pakistani batsman at this moment.

    Malik at #27
    YK at #40

    If you think that YK is a class batsman sitting at #40 then Malik is surely the teacher of that class.

  26. #266
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan
    ok lets be objective here...can one of Maliks followers just tell me what he has done in ten years that i should consider him a class player equal to yk or moyo..other than two inning that I can remember 100 against india and the 148 against sri lanka, what has this mediocre player done to deserve such reverence? any world records? any consistent winning performances? anything? what value is he to team pakistan?
    Our whole team is mediocre, baring YK/Yousuf. So, why the need to always single out Malik? What has Butt done? Akmal? Misbah? In all of their respective time periods, who has actually done something spectacular?

    Not everyone is a "match winner" w/in a team. Besides that, my question to you is how many times have YK and Yousuf actually saved this team's a**? Malik has been our highest odi scorer after Yousuf for a long time, not anymore but there was a time period (04-07) where whenever Malik scored, it actually helped this team win. Woolmer even highlighted how Malik indeed has a bright future. The only unfortunate thing I see in Malik's career is when he became captain and had to deal with idiots who couldn't take a young captain giving them orders, cuz our team has this complex that's incurable. Captaincy affected Younis' and Yousuf's performances, did it affect Malik's? Nope. How many times was Malik the last man to stand out on the crease when everyone else failed miserably? Yeah, Malik wasn't a born leader, but even Smith failed initially...but with the help of seniors he's one of the best captains today. Malik never got any support, and from there on he got sacked and he had this horrible patch.

    You could argue all you want how T20 isn't anything to boast about, but Malik was the one who initially took this team to T20 success. Because of him we reached the T20 final and became confident w/in this format. Today, when we suck at every form of cricket, T20 is the only form that gives us some hope of this team performing..and it started off with Malik.

    Malik was never a solid batsman, as we all know he started off as a bowler..Woolmer and Inzy showed faith within Malik and promoted him one down and he is the only one after Younis in this team, that has succeeded at such a crucial position. Later, he's been tossed around at every position that you can't even blame the guy for giving out statements that he'd like to stick with a particular no. especially when the likes of sissies like Yousuf can't come one down themselves.

    Agreed, Malik may not be the star of the show, but there's always been a sense of commitment from this guy's side..until he became captain and everyone started "picking" on him. When people showed faith in him, more or less the time when Woolmer coached this team..how many of you didn't consider Malik an asset for Pak? I'm sure many of you did, becuz he in fact, was. If he's been so horrible all these years, then why have not we completely replaced him? Players come and go, why has Malik always stuck around. Today he's being punished so obviously I don't see any favoritism for him..So, do ask yourself this question.
    Last edited by cryptkeeper*; 17th March 2010 at 05:06.

  27. #267
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan
    ok lets be objective here...can one of Maliks followers just tell me what he has done in ten years that i should consider him a class player equal to yk or moyo..other than two inning that I can remember 100 against india and the 148 against sri lanka, what has this mediocre player done to deserve such reverence? any world records? any consistent winning performances? anything? what value is he to team pakistan?
    Part 2

    Comparison to YK (contd ...)

    Malik's rating during his career as an ODI Batsman

    http://www.iccreliancerankings.com/p...&graph=ranking

    YK's rating during his career as an ODI batsman
    http://www.iccreliancerankings.com/p...&graph=ranking

    Difference is clear who is better and consistent.

  28. #268
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    616
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All Pakistani players lack discipline and brains. Yunis, Yusuf abd Malik are all good players. The truely bad ones are: misbah, Faisal, farhat, latif, rauf, rao, hafeez, rana and ones who have potential but keep failing: butt, arafat, sami, nazir. These are the players who are really holding us back they are mediocre and keep failing going out then coming back into the team. They blocking the youngsters from getting a chance. They keep failing and getting picked, we think they have improved but in reality they haven't.

  29. #269
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Part 3

    Comparison to MoYo

    MoYo is far better batsman than both Malik and YK. I love to see him batting.

    but he could be the worst cricketer in Pakistan team.

    To clarify my point, good batsman is one who can bat with technical correctness, his shots could be esthetically soothing, and can score big in all part of world and face all sorts of bowling with general ease. MoYo has all boxes tick marked. There is one aspect I left for the end.

    But to be a good cricketerr, one needs more, lot more.
    Great cricketer must be excellent fielder. Great cricketer must be a fighter and would be able to absorb the pressure. He must be great communicator and feel the pulse of game. Sorry, for all these boxes we have to say "Not applicable" for MoYo.

    Malik, YK, Fawad, Afridi are far far better cricketer than MoYo.

    Two question regarding MoYo, if you can.
    when will he learn running between the wickets?
    How many players he caused to run out his long career?

    Sorry another question:

    Why does not he play at number 3?
    Last edited by Black Zero; 17th March 2010 at 05:28.

  30. #270
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ In simple words: MoYo is a good batsman, not an overall good cricketer.

  31. #271
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    The Couch,Bradford
    Runs
    3,227
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmek1
    *Yawn* whatever!!!
    Ok stop now


    ''Failure is a word unknown to me.''

    Muhammad Ali Jinnah

  32. #272
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    anyone home?

  33. #273
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    58,807
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Shoaib Malik.

  34. #274
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Dharti par
    Runs
    17,405
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    a/s/l anyone?


    unkahi hi reh gayi woh baat, sab baaton ke baad

  35. #275
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledger
    Yes, Shoaib Malik.
    Nice to meet you.
    Though, I was looking was "The Great Khan"

  36. #276
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    238
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    The official Shoaib Malik support thread

    Bar all the controversies this guy is involved in, he is our best technical batsmen in the team. People are complaining about Fawad this and that he wernt in but the fact is Malik has won matches for us an has experience against good sides. Fawad Alam after 17 matches has a top score of 63 against one side. Regardless of teh situation Malik should be in!

  37. #277
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,984
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orthodox_spin
    Bar all the controversies this guy is involved in, he is our best technical batsmen in the team. People are complaining about Fawad this and that he wernt in but the fact is Malik has won matches for us an has experience against good sides. Fawad Alam after 17 matches has a top score of 63 against one side. Regardless of teh situation Malik should be in!

  38. #278
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    11,469
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orthodox_spin
    Bar all the controversies this guy is involved in, he is our best technical batsmen in the team. People are complaining about Fawad this and that he wernt in but the fact is Malik has won matches for us an has experience against good sides. Fawad Alam after 17 matches has a top score of 63 against one side. Regardless of teh situation Malik should be in!
    Is another thread like this really necessary?

  39. #279
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Venue
    Under a bridge.
    Runs
    990
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orthodox_spin
    Bar all the controversies this guy is involved in, he is our best technical batsmen in the team. People are complaining about Fawad this and that he wernt in but the fact is Malik has won matches for us an has experience against good sides. Fawad Alam after 17 matches has a top score of 63 against one side. Regardless of teh situation Malik should be in!
    Hello Sania Mirza

  40. #280
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    238
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didnt know sania mirza posted on here..


  41. #281
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    58,807
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many members have you got so far?

  42. #282
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    238
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you want to join or are you a Fawad Alam fantasist too

  43. #283
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    22,088
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh
    I didn't even bother reading the rest of the post after that point, I just broke into a hysterical fit.


    No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

  44. #284
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    104,188
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Best technical batsmen?

    You been smoking Crack? This is a guy who looked like a clueless amateur during Sri lankan series with the bat most of the time. He was well set time and time again and was still made to look like a novice when he was got out!

    Best technic my ****!

  45. #285
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in, I bet it will take a good score in the asia cup before everyone else joins the bandwagon.

  46. #286
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    104,188
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Wonder how long till the Spider spits its venom into the team again!

  47. #287
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    58,807
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orthodox_spin
    do you want to join or are you a Fawad Alam fantasist too
    I'll take that as a zero then.

  48. #288
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Naziristan + Junaidistan + Younustan + Gulistan
    Runs
    9,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "he is our best technical batsmen in the team"

  49. #289
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,984
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir
    I didn't even bother reading the rest of the post after that point, I just broke into a hysterical fit.
    Its hilarious. Shoaib Malik is the best technical batsman in the team. Its too much

  50. #290
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    5,136
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh
    Its hilarious. Shoaib Malik is the best technical batsman in the team. Its too much

    His last seven ODI scores are

    27, 2, 26, 11, 28, 2, and 36

    Not our best technical batsman surely.


    Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

  51. #291
    Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    459
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if his cricket career doesn't work out he has a very "bright" future in politics at the very least

  52. #292
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    104,188
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fawad_wellwisher
    His last seven ODI scores are

    27, 2, 26, 11, 28, 2, and 36

    Not our best technical batsman surely.
    Maybe he meant hes our best Technical Tail ender!

  53. #293
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed
    Maybe he meant hes our best Technical Tail ender!
    how old are you?

  54. #294
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    238
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a 13 year kid Amjid Javed..... balls havent even dropped yet

  55. #295
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orthodox_spin
    do you want to join or are you a Fawad Alam fantasist too
    Thanks for bumping this up at the right time.

  56. #296
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fawad_wellwisher
    His last seven ODI scores are

    27, 2, 26, 11, 28, 2, and 36

    Not our best technical batsman surely.
    If you want only "7" then you must reason why you using cut-off just after he made 128. Be fair and you will feel better.

    SM has not be his usual good, but still not bad in his last 10. (10 is a metric system)

    10 295 128 29.50
    Not good but not bad either.

  57. #297
    Debut
    Apr 2006
    Runs
    511
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol i stated this thread but after the recent revelations about malik i wish i hadn't haha the life of a pak supporter...

  58. #298
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    http://www.iccreliancerankings.com/ranking/odi/batting/

    If any one deserves to be thats Malik.

    Top Ranked Pakistani batsman

  59. #299
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,984
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    http://www.iccreliancerankings.com/ranking/odi/batting/

    If any one deserves to be thats Malik.

    Top Ranked Pakistani batsman
    You are not right. These are Pakistani players rankings:

    1. Mohammad Yousuf
    2. Shoaib Malik
    3. Salman Butt
    4. Umar Akmal
    5. Younus Khan
    6. Misbah-ul-Haq
    7. Kamran Akmal
    8. Shahid Afridi
    9. Abdul Razzaq

  60. #300
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    5,136
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    If you want only "7" then you must reason why you using cut-off just after he made 128. Be fair and you will feel better.

    SM has not be his usual good, but still not bad in his last 10. (10 is a metric system)

    10 295 128 29.50
    Not good but not bad either.
    And you think 29.50 is acceptable??


    If you are going to go by averages, Fawad has an average of 38 in the last 10 innings.

    To refresh your memory, Malik was dropped for Fawad for performing poorly with the bat in the ODI series against Australia. Fawad scored 31, 21, and 63 in the last 3 matches.

    That now Malik is in the team in place of Fawad is beyond unbelievable.


    Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

  61. #301
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh
    You are not right. These are Pakistani players rankings:

    1. Mohammad Yousuf
    2. Shoaib Malik
    3. Salman Butt
    4. Umar Akmal
    5. Younus Khan
    6. Misbah-ul-Haq
    7. Kamran Akmal
    8. Shahid Afridi
    9. Abdul Razzaq
    Maybe you have not read a news paper for sometime, MoYo is RETIRED.

  62. #302
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fawad_wellwisher
    And you think 29.50 is acceptable??


    If you are going to go by averages, Fawad has an average of 38 in the last 10 innings.

    To refresh your memory, Malik was dropped for Fawad for performing poorly with the bat in the ODI series against Australia. Fawad scored 31, 21, and 63 in the last 3 matches.

    That now Malik is in the team in place of Fawad is beyond unbelievable.
    Malik was dropped cause MoYo didn't like his presence.

    regarding 63 of Fawad, Malik contributed equally well with bat and ball in that ODI.

    Malik and Fawad have different batting positions, strangely you mourning that Malik got his place.

    Even if Malik does not play, still they would pick someone else ahead of Fawad.

  63. #303
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    5,136
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    Malik was dropped cause MoYo didn't like his presence.

    regarding 63 of Fawad, Malik contributed equally well with bat and ball in that ODI.

    Malik and Fawad have different batting positions, strangely you mourning that Malik got his place.

    Even if Malik does not play, still they would pick someone else ahead of Fawad.
    Here is a question for you. If Malik would not have been included in the squad because of political pressure, who would be in the team instead of him?
    Think about it a little before you answer my question.
    Last edited by fawad_wellwisher; 4th June 2010 at 01:09.


    Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

  64. #304
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    13,793
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orthodox_spin
    Bar all the controversies this guy is involved in, he is our best technical batsmen in the team. People are complaining about Fawad this and that he wernt in but the fact is Malik has won matches for us an has experience against good sides. Fawad Alam after 17 matches has a top score of 63 against one side. Regardless of teh situation Malik should be in!




    If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

  65. #305
    Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    648
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    If you want only "7" then you must reason why you using cut-off just after he made 128. Be fair and you will feel better.

    SM has not be his usual good, but still not bad in his last 10. (10 is a metric system)

    10 295 128 29.50
    Not good but not bad either.
    29.5......nice

  66. #306
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fawad_wellwisher
    Here is a question for you. If Malik would not have been included in the squad because of political pressure, who would be in the team instead of him?
    Think about it a little before you answer my question.
    The FFACT (with double F) that he is not even 15.

    They have picked new (kind of) faces ahead of Fawad so IF Malik is not picked then they might go with them.

    You may again ask, what about 15, then answer is simple they would pick hamad, etc. but not Fawad.

    The truth is this not a question of acceptance but of rejection.

    Selectors (mainly MHK), Butt and may be Afridi, rejected Fawad.

    And I do not agree with his exclusion as i feel he is good for slow tracks.

  67. #307
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    7,448
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've posted on this thread before, but just in case I'll say it again. This "support" thread is a disgrace. Disgrace not only because a player as useless as him doesn't deserve any, but after his antics it is an insult to anyone supporting the pakistan team. He has tried to destroy the whole team to keep his own place intact and people want to support him?

  68. #308
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan Yusuf
    I think I've posted on this thread before, but just in case I'll say it again. This "support" thread is a disgrace. Disgrace not only because a player as useless as him doesn't deserve any, but after his antics it is an insult to anyone supporting the pakistan team. He has tried to destroy the whole team to keep his own place intact and people want to support him?
    Both points noted but not taken.
    Claims are made in thin air.

  69. #309
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cric_crazy
    29.5......nice
    I could have included only last 8 and avg wud go to 32/33, but I am against customizing stats to suit's one's purpose so here they are without any bias.

    He should have added 50 more runs in those 10 innings but he didn't thats why its 29.5 and not 35.

    But at the same time we should also see the stats of a potential middle order candidate, YK, in last ten matches he has an avg of 12.2
    http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/...und;view=match

    Now you please roll on floor and keep laughing.

  70. #310
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Last 10 Matches

    Umer Akmal: 29.44
    Malik: 29.50
    YK: 12.20
    Salman B: 19.4
    Kami: 23.5
    Captain: 22.10


    And winner is: SM with 29.5

  71. #311
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    5,136
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    Last 10 Matches

    Umer Akmal: 29.44
    Malik: 29.50
    YK: 12.20
    Salman B: 19.4
    Kami: 23.5
    Captain: 22.10


    And winner is: SM with 29.5
    No the winner is Fawad Alam with 38.


    Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

  72. #312
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    55,663
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Fawad and Malik have featured in various ODI and T20 squads together, why the heck are people saying Malik is the reason Fadi lost out this time round?

    Please face the facts, the selectors have looked elsewhere...I feel bad for Fadi, I really do, but it isn't Malik's fault that he has been dropped.


    Proud Shehri of Misbah Ka Pakistan

  73. #313
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kamranO
    how much bucks malik gave to you for this thread ? Tell me some thing good about malik in test except in sri lanka flat pitch. What about his issue with M.yousuf with afridi then Younus khan


    Kick this man on his butt so he can go back to his domestic team. until he can score heavily there then we should consider him otherwise pakistan team is in serious trouble...
    he would be fixing matches and throwing matches there too haha.. i bet

    speaking of bad apple..

  74. #314
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    8,172
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    Last 10 Matches

    Umer Akmal: 29.44
    Malik: 29.50
    YK: 12.20
    Salman B: 19.4
    Kami: 23.5
    Captain: 22.10


    And winner is: SM with 29.5

    LOL the captain and the vice captain will make a good ODI batsman combined! 19 and 22

  75. #315
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    5,136
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Zulfiqar
    Fawad and Malik have featured in various ODI and T20 squads together, why the heck are people saying Malik is the reason Fadi lost out this time round?

    Please face the facts, the selectors have looked elsewhere...I feel bad for Fadi, I really do, but it isn't Malik's fault that he has been dropped.

    What are you saying? That Fawad doesn't deserve to be in the team and Malik does?

    It is pretty clear Malik has made his way back into the team using his political connections. Saying that Malik is not at fault that Fawad has been dropped is just plain naive.


    Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

  76. #316
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    22,088
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anwaar
    Both points noted but not taken.
    Claims are made in thin air.
    I agree. It appears everyone that was involved in Pak cricket over the past year is on this big conspiracy. I am glad we cleared all that up.


    No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

  77. #317
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,931
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fawad_wellwisher
    No the winner is Fawad Alam with 38.
    Actually its 43.33 and its a very good avg, specially when we see his position.
    Injustice to him.

    http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/...und;view=match


    But stats were mentioned of those in squad, (except YK, just to excite YK's worshipers)

    So still the winner is SM.

  78. #318
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Ottawa Canada
    Runs
    2,018
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best technical batsman not really. Akmals, YK, Butt, and Aamer all have better techniques than him.

    Malik's average is deceiving as I have always said. His failure to play swing bowling is best on display against the likes of England, Australia, and New Zealand while he has dominated India and Bangladesh which shows his dominance over spin bowling.

    That being said, a politician like him is better suited in a party like PML (N) or PPP rather than on the cricket field.

  79. #319
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    55,663
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fawad_wellwisher
    What are you saying? That Fawad doesn't deserve to be in the team and Malik does?

    It is pretty clear Malik has made his way back into the team using his political connections. Saying that Malik is not at fault that Fawad has been dropped is just plain naive.
    he deserves to be there sure, but Malik is not the reason Fawad is not there...if they had wanted him in the team they wouldn't have picked 3 debutants in the team, you're the one who's being naive and blaming it on Malik.


    Proud Shehri of Misbah Ka Pakistan

  80. #320
    Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    My Room
    Runs
    26,704
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an entertaining thread.

    Lots of handbags.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •