Pecknarm City
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GYM - Weight Loss

salamz Bruva.....

I've seen alot of knowledge coming from this forum so inshallah you guys can help me.....

I need help with my Gym Program

I go gym 4-5 days a week and play football on sundays.

At the moment I weigh 77Kg but I want to get down to about 70kg and lower my body fat percentage...

any tips????

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man.. i wish i was 77 . The best way to loose weight is drink hot water 4,5 times a day. thats it. or put a long(clove) in your mouth for 5 minutes everyday.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just hard work

Split your ruitine up

Day 1 -Chest, bi
    day 2- back, tris
    day 3- abs, arms
    day 4 - legs

And do a lot of running or cardio in the gym.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Venue
    Pecknarm City
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do alot of Cardio - I prefer that to Weights, but I keep get conflicting info..lol

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith786
    I do alot of Cardio - I prefer that to Weights, but I keep get conflicting info..lol
    weights are better then Cardio imo

This is because you are building, toning muscle thus your end result if weights is done with cardio will be more impressive. Plus, you burn fat even after a weights session whilst this is not the case with cardio.

Ps. I use to be 68 kg a few months ago and now am 80 kg- so annoying.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ab crunches And try and gradually change your diet. Don't be daft like me and give up everything nice and start living life as a bunny rabbit, eating lettuce and cucumber Work it into your diet, and you will see the difference.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Mirpur AK Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    martial arts are the best.
    I was 97 kilos 5 to 6 months ago now i am 90 and reducing and MashAllah very fit.

Join PTI in the Revolt for Freedom

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Venue
    Pecknarm City
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My diet is good at the moment...but the Missus is always trying to force feed me oily asian food...Hard to juggle Deen, wife, Baby, Job, Footy and weight-loss all in one..lol...

"I am and always will be a Muslim. My religion is Islam."

Malcolm X

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was 80 Kg with 36" waist and was still increasing (both weight and waist). For me Gym was not a choice as I have never been to Gym before in my life and neither there was any kind of physical activity until that point in my life. Also too much choices confuse me, what to do and what not to do. So, I decided to take matters in my hands. That was 16 months ago.

Just had a fitness test last week. I am as fit as an athlete now. I am 63 Kg now with 31" waist which makes my BMI as 21. Body fat percentage is 10 percent. Had to buy new clothes. It is a wonderful feeling to wear small size tees.

How did I do it? As a first step, no junk food and no sodas and no sugar at all. It has been an year since I have had any soda now. Reduced fatty and oily foods to as little as possible. But no starving at all. I have been living on vegetables and lean meat (chicken and fish only, no red meat at all). I could not stop eating rice and bread too, as it has been part of my diet all my life but I tried to reduce the consumption. This part contributes to about 40% in my opinion.
    The second part is physical activity, I started running outside on road in my community. First day I could not run 3 minutes straight, (I still remember that). Now I ran marathon last month in 3 hour 15 minutes. Usually I run 10 kilometer daily with just 2 days off in a month. I must confess that I am addicted to running now. I tried to go to Gym but my addiction to cardio is so bad that I end up running on treadmill as I am not satisfied as long as I am drenched in sweat from head to feet. I am trying to introduce some weight training in my routine but usually I hurt myself whenever I do weights, I must be over doing the weights.

tj ioipo wovlh ncxlo peosg gxrkxsi hnhon vnukg mbwkn

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats fantastic, what was ure cardio routine like ? Days length of time etc.. And how old are u if u dont mind me asking?

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith786
    salamz Bruva.....

I've seen alot of knowledge coming from this forum so inshallah you guys can help me.....

I need help with my Gym Program

I go gym 4-5 days a week and play football on sundays.

At the moment I weigh 77Kg but I want to get down to about 70kg and lower my body fat percentage...

any tips????
    You need to increase cardio (Interval training) and really control what you eat otherwise nothing you do will make a difference.

Stop eating Rotis and cut out carbs (not completely though) start eating more white meat, fruit and vegetables.

Not a single can of fizzy drink and 4 meals a day (just enough to fill you but not to pop the button)

Whenever Nawaz wins, he divides PMLN equally. He keeps PM for himself and gives L N to the people.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Diet is the most important crucial factor here, I used to really be into my weight lifting and would be meticulous in everything but due to very bad genetics was never too good at accumulating muscle nevertheless I used to absorb all information I got. If your trying to lose bodyweight depending on over what length of period a timed carb diet is best if you don't want really low energy levels and if you really want to burn that fat do a full keto diet but this is very difficult and really should not be considered if you have a hectic life.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptoanalyst
    I was 80 Kg with 36" waist and was still increasing (both weight and waist). For me Gym was not a choice as I have never been to Gym before in my life and neither there was any kind of physical activity until that point in my life. Also too much choices confuse me, what to do and what not to do. So, I decided to take matters in my hands. That was 16 months ago.

Just had a fitness test last week. I am as fit as an athlete now. I am 63 Kg now with 31" waist which makes my BMI as 21. Body fat percentage is 10 percent. Had to buy new clothes. It is a wonderful feeling to wear small size tees.

How did I do it? As a first step, no junk food and no sodas and no sugar at all. It has been an year since I have had any soda now. Reduced fatty and oily foods to as little as possible. But no starving at all. I have been living on vegetables and lean meat (chicken and fish only, no red meat at all). I could not stop eating rice and bread too, as it has been part of my diet all my life but I tried to reduce the consumption. This part contributes to about 40% in my opinion.
    The second part is physical activity, I started running outside on road in my community. First day I could not run 3 minutes straight, (I still remember that). Now I ran marathon last month in 3 hour 15 minutes. Usually I run 10 kilometer daily with just 2 days off in a month. I must confess that I am addicted to running now. I tried to go to Gym but my addiction to cardio is so bad that I end up running on treadmill as I am not satisfied as long as I am drenched in sweat from head to feet. I am trying to introduce some weight training in my routine but usually I hurt myself whenever I do weights, I must be over doing the weights.
    Smaller weights, higher reps. If you can't do 10 reps, then go to a weight lower until you can do 10 reps.

No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnyy
    Thats fantastic, what was ure cardio routine like ? Days length of time etc.. And how old are u if u dont mind me asking?
    I am 30 years old, 29 years of which were wasted on couches. For me cardio is just running. There is no routine for me especially there was none in the beginning when I started running. I do it as long as my stamina allows me. But I always try to raise the bar gradually and continuously. If I was in the gym, then I tried to increase speed and inclination of the treadmill. On the trail, I try to increase speed and time. During first month, it was just 15 minutes with breaks after every 5 minutes, after 3-4 months, it was 30-40 minutes and so on.

Another thing to keep in mind is "Always listen to your body". If it does not feel like going on, don't continue it meaning don't overdo it.
    Last edited by Cryptoanalyst; 13th June 2010 at 07:14.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am 30 years old, 29 years of which were wasted on couches. For me cardio is just running. There is no routine for me especially there was none in the beginning when I started running. I do it as long as my stamina allows me. But I always try to raise the bar gradually and continuously. If I was in the gym, then I tried to increase speed and inclination of the treadmill. On the trail, I try to increase speed and time. During first month, it was just 15 minutes with breaks after every 5 minutes, after 3-4 months, it was 30-40 minutes and so on.

Another thing to keep in mind is "Always listen to your body". If it does not feel like going on, don't continue it meaning don't overdo it.
    Usually it's mind over matter and your more likely to be mentally exhausted rather than physical so no harm in pushing yourself if your doing cardio but weightlifting definitely have to be careful otherwise gains just stop if you overtrain

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Sidanay
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    77kgs?!

Buddy hit the gym and bulk till you're 85 and then cut down to 75ish at 10-15% bodyfat! Long term goals, not short term!

He is fundamentally aware of his aura within the team. His exhilaration infects them.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I wish there was some sort of system of where one can transfer their fat to another. I have a fantastic metabolism, what I describe acid-like. So thankfully my body is nice and lean but just need to gain some more weight.

Lets just hope kashif or some other doctor comes up with this weight transfer machine.

No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heres my routine daily

WARM UP

10 mins Rowing machine.. around 2000 meters rowed, 120 calories burned

10 mins - squats, pushups, and pullups... (10 each for as many sets as possible in 10 mins)

WEIGHT TRAINING- preferably around 40-60 mins

Chest.. bench press 10 reps 4 sets, dips 10 reps 4 sets, flys same, curls same, pulls ups again... finish with medicine ball pushups9 as many as you can)

I also do lotta Squats with weights, train my back with various machines, Bicep curls, preacher curls..etc etc...

alternate on different days

Cardio

40-60 mins running, cycling, rowing machine

k pretty much my exercise routine... I eat normal 3 meals but not over doing it.. decreased sugar, juices, chocolates, and white bread.. stick to veggies, lean meat, eggs... lots of water... eat nuts..and lotta fish..

important thing is to keep muscle and lose fat, so eat lotta protein, and keep cardio at around an hour or under.. overdoing it may lose you muscle

my best advice is keep changing your routine, dont do the exercises week in and week out..your body adjusts and hits a plateau, weight stays the same..

better to change now and again
    Last edited by Foozee; 13th June 2010 at 11:11.

What did the Nihari say to the Naan?Oye! Na Aaana Paas!! Main Nihari Hoon!!

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Chaht keh nechay :)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My waist is 31-32 ish and it has been like that for a while now. Last week or so I got motivated and decided that I will lose more weight. So for past 4-5 days what I did to lose weight did help me a bit. But if one were to look at the time elasped and the weight loss then I would say I did good.

What I do is that after my workout I do cardio on a machine (sorry can't recall its name) for 30 odd minutes and in that I cover around 2.5 miles. After that I sometimes ride a bicycle for another mile or so. So over past few days this is what I had been doing and it did help me.

So this is just my cardio and weight loss routine.

As far diet goes I am really fond of foods especially when it comes to junk like chips, chocolates (just two chocolates which I eat) and/or oily food (just one selected item). It is really hard for me to resists when I have these things in front of me. However, for last week or so I haven't ate any chocolate except a bar of Galaxy today.

This is it and Alhamdulilah I ask ALLAH (SWT) for weight loss and it does work

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most important question for me is, How to resist the Biryani esp. it is home made (unlimited quantity)? I can resist the temptation of Soda, Sugar and other junk foods but Biryani is real weakness of mine and just cuz of it, I will never be able to loose weight. I am doing all I can, in terms of cardio, weights and other physical activities but still feels like not doing much in terms of weight loss.
    Last edited by ali110; 15th June 2010 at 09:35.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    The Den...
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make sure you dont give up after 2-3 weeks if you dont see any results. it takes time... have patience

"Though Afridi couldn't win the world cup, for 30 days he turned his country into a nation"

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, this is exactly what i'm doing, i've been doing this for the past 3 weeks, i hope this works as well as your does

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Crickstan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome..

I am doing the same things, as i have lost about 10 kg, Now my weight is about 70 .. its a good feeling.. I use to walk at night.. and take green tea and kawa =p. in morning I am skipping my breakfast and dinner sometime lol..

"Com'on boys, Let's focus!!" - AE

Debut
    Feb 2008
    Venue
    Sharjah ,UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i m also over weight 106 kg ..need to reduce it as fast i can .....so i do cardio 1 hour ..and 2 hours jogging at park daily,.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayyub
    i m also over weight 106 kg ..need to reduce it as fast i can .....so i do cardio 1 hour ..and 2 hours jogging at park daily,.

Be careful with you knees - 106 kilos is a huge amount to be running for 2 hours on - your frame must take one hell of a pounding. You'd be better off cycling, rowing or swimming.

And of course weight is not lost in the Gym, but on the dining table. To put things into perspective one hour of running = around 2 slices of pizza or 4 cans of coke/pepsi etc.

So it's far more efficient to eat a lot less than it is to run a lot more.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh
    Be careful with you knees - 106 kilos is a huge amount to be running for 2 hours on - your frame must take one hell of a pounding. You'd be better off cycling, rowing or swimming.

And of course weight is not lost in the Gym, but on the dining table. To put things into perspective one hour of running = around 2 slices of pizza or 4 cans of coke/pepsi etc.

So it's far more efficient to eat a lot less than it is to run a lot more.
    Exactly. It has become my habit now. Occasionally, I do eat pizza or drink soda like in months, but not more than a slice of pizza or not more than half of a can of soda. I do see that kind of food in terms of "how much running next day would I have to do after I eat this". I don't know if it is good or bad, but it seems like an obsession to me.

You are right that with weight like that, right diet along with moderate physical activity would contribute hugely towards weight loss. But once with initial weight loss is achieved, you would have to work hard to bring it down to acceptable weight.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Exactly. It has become my habit now. Occasionally, I do eat pizza or drink soda like in months, but not more than a slice of pizza or not more than half of a can of soda. I do see that kind of food in terms of "how much running next day would I have to do after I eat this". I don't know if it is good or bad, but it seems like an obsession to me.

You are right that with weight like that, right diet along with moderate physical activity would contribute hugely towards weight loss. But once with initial weight loss is achieved, you would have to work hard to bring it down to acceptable weight.
    Yes I know what you mean.

It certainly makes you think twice when at the dinner table.

I think the problem is as a society we just eat too much and don't do enough physical activity.

Our ancestors (100+ years ago) did the opposite - they ate one major meal a day and used a heck of a lot of energy just going about their daily lives. In years gone by illnesses like diabetes were referred to as 'the rich man’s disease' whereas now you will struggle to find a south Asian family in the west who do not have at least one family member suffering from it.

Anyway I digress......

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    The Den...
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats the deal with roti? good or bad?

"Though Afridi couldn't win the world cup, for 30 days he turned his country into a nation"

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on how much you eat. Rule of thumb anything made with white flour is bad, due to lack of fibre content. Chapati is made of common wheat as opposed to whole wheat. I wouldnt say roti made of common wheat is bad , rather roti made of whole wheat is better.

The other trick with eating brown stuff is that it tastes so bad you cant eat a whole lot of it. The problem with food these days it tastes very good. "paith bhar jaata hai lekin niyat nehin bhartee"

Anyway weight loss is more dependant on diet than it is on cardio. Eat less. Eat whole grains and for bonus fat reduction exersice. Goes without saying fat and sugar are big no nos'.

Arnold Schwarzenegger said, “Great abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym.”

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Delhi,India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got inspiration from this thread .....i always thought of reducing weight but never tried/able to work on that....but i'll do it now.....and will bump this thread whenever any progress can be seen...

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never do Cardio over an hour, even if constitutes to weight loss... it will most probably mean youre losing Muscle if you over do it

point is to keep muscle/or increase it and lose fat...

best is 1 hour weights, and 40-60 mins cardio - high to moderate intensity.. for long term fitness
    Last edited by Foozee; 15th June 2010 at 03:20.

What did the Nihari say to the Naan?Oye! Na Aaana Paas!! Main Nihari Hoon!!

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Delhi,India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foozee
    Never do Cardio over an hour, even if constitutes to weight loss... it will most probably mean youre losing Muscle if you over do it

point is to keep muscle/or increase it and lose fat...

best is 1 hour weights, and 40-60 mins cardio - high to moderate intensity.. for long term fitness

u seemed to be very fit ...