Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Domino's, McDonalds, Pizza Hut etc are haraam

I want to know how many Muslims go to these fast food outlets? I'm talking about non-Muslim countries.

It surprises me how many people think they can order a vegetarian pizza from Domino's and think it's halal when I can pretty much guarantee it will be the complete opposite.

Debut
    Mar 2006
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use to live in pizza hut.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khalil1986
    I want to know how many Muslims go to these fast food outlets? I'm talking about non-Muslim countries.

It surprises me how many people think they can order a vegetarian pizza from Domino's and think it's halal when I can pretty much guarantee it will be the complete opposite.
    How so?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    everyone has a different outlook on religion and follow its laws in a different manner. I don't know why this surprises you. I know practicing muslims who eat non halal...others eat veg...others eat only at shops that say halal....while some dont eat out at all.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Please enlighten me.

Almost every person I have talked to say these places are halal barring their meat products of course.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Saga
    everyone has a different outlook on religion and follow its laws in a different manner. I don't know why this surprises you. I know practicing muslims who eat non halal...others eat veg...others eat only at shops that say halal....while some dont eat out at all.
    Even if it is, it shouldn't be so! We can't have people interpreting religion as they deem fit.
    Last edited by 6xafridi; 21st June 2010 at 03:12.

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6xafridi
    Even if it is, it shouldn't be so! We can't have people interpreting religion as they deem fit.

no! they should all be following your version word for word right?

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBowler
    no! they should all be following your version word for word right?
    Sounds good.

On a serious note, we can't have people running around making their own interpretations.

Surat Al-Maidah: 5

This day are (all) things Good and pure made lawful unto you. The food of the People of the Book is lawful unto you and yours is lawful unto them. (Lawful unto you in marriage) are (not only) chaste women who are believers, but chaste women among the People of the Book, revealed before your time, when you give them their due dowers, and desire

I can take this verse and tell everyone that "This verse PROVES Pizza Hut and McDonalds is Halal." Would you accept? Heck, I'm not even taking anything out of context.. I showed you the whole verse. People can take many things from the Qur'an and make their own laws and rules.

P.S. fix your attitude mate
    Last edited by 6xafridi; 21st June 2010 at 03:30.

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good.

On a serious note, we can't have people running around making their own interpretations.

Surat Al-Maidah: 5

This day are (all) things Good and pure made lawful unto you. The food of the People of the Book is lawful unto you and yours is lawful unto them. (Lawful unto you in marriage) are (not only) chaste women who are believers, but chaste women among the People of the Book, revealed before your time, when you give them their due dowers, and desire

I can take this verse and tell everyone that "This verse PROVES Pizza Hut and McDonalds is Halal." Would you accept? Heck, I'm not even taking anything out of context.. I showed you the whole verse. People can take many things from the Qur'an and make their own laws and rules.

P.S. fix your attitude mate

but who decides which thing is right in the first place.

i'll think about your PS in a couple of days right now i cant do anything about that. samjha karo.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but who decides which thing is right in the first place.

i'll think about your PS in a couple of days right now i cant do anything about that. samjha karo.
    Should be a scholar, although if you can support everything with daleel then there shouldn't be a problem.

If you want to talk about how fast you bowl, you can always go to the Cricket section. In SIMPLER words, bachey are a no-no in big boy discussions
    Last edited by 6xafridi; 21st June 2010 at 03:37.

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be a scholar, although if you can support everything with daleel then there shouldn't be a problem.

If you want to talk about how fast you bowl, you can always go to the Cricket section. To conclude, bachey are a no-no in big boy discussions

actually i do bowl pretty quick :aamir

but no i mean then who can say that this scholar interpreted right? some say word for word is correct some say take the essence, most say something in between

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually i do bowl pretty quick :aamir

but no i mean then who can say that this scholar interpreted right? some say word for word is correct some say take the essence, most say something in between
    You should always try to look for the scholarly consensus. If the opinions are mixed then you should follow the one that supports his/her answers with proof.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it depends really, I know lot of MUSLIMS (notice I said muslim and not sunni, shia or anything), eat anything, including meat from these places. Muslims such as sunni and shia are very strict about eating halal, while on the other hand, there is this certain sect of Islam (I don't wanna name it), aren't strict about it, it isn't a big deal to them. but then again there are people in any sect that aren't religious at all and don't care about anything, they eat meat too.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I eat veggie or cheese from these places. Don't eat haram but please OP if you can guarantee me it, then can you show me how these places are haram rather than just saying it?

Honestly, I want to genuinely know as I do live in the West and would like to learn more.

No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are far more important things to worry about.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir
    I eat veggie or cheese from these places. Don't eat haram but please OP if you can guarantee me it, then can you show me how these places are haram rather than just saying it?

Honestly, I want to genuinely know as I do live in the West and would like to learn more.
    because lot of them use cheddar, blue, swiss, feta, marble cheeses and they contain this thing called rennet, which isn't halal, but new discoveries are telling us that rennet isnt even haram. So I am not sure. Btw Mozzarella Cheese isn't haram for sure.
    Last edited by kkmix; 21st June 2010 at 04:56.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Higher State of Consciousness
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still waiting for evidence from the opening Poster....

Pakistan Cricket Needs You!!!

Debut
    Jul 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't be sure about halaal as services provide by McDonals, PizzaHut....etc. That's why i avoid going there. It is better if you don't, if you feel the same way. I can't stay the same for others who want to go. That's their business.

“The world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the unbeliever.”

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkmix
    because lot of them use cheddar, blue, swiss, feta, marble cheeses and they contain this thing called rennet, which isn't halal, but new discoveries are telling us that rennet isnt even haram. So I am not sure. Btw Mozzarella Cheese isn't haram for sure.
    From wikipedia article on Rennet:

There are non-animal sources for rennet that are suitable for vegetarian consumption.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rennet

And just to confirm that there is indeed a distiction between animal and genetically engineered rennet, with the latter only suitable for vegetarian, see this article on 'The Vegetarian Society' website:

Rennet
    In cheese making, for milk to separate into curds and whey (curdling), the process requires the addition of rennet...usually sourced from the abomasum (fourth stomach) of newly-born calves...

Parmesan and other non-vegetarian cheeses

There are some cheeses which are always made using animal rennet, for example, Parmesan (Parmigiano Reggiano). In order to be called ‘Parmesan’ this has to be produced according to traditional methods which use calf rennet...

Vegetarian Cheeses
    Vegetarian cheeses are manufactured using rennet from either fungal/bacterial sources or genetically modified micro-organisms...

...Vegetarian cheeses (and dairy-free cheeses suitable for a vegan diet) are widely available in supermarkets and health food stores. A wide variety of cheeses now made with non-animal rennet are labelled as suitable for vegetarians...
    http://www.vegsoc.org/info/cheese.html

Vegetarian food, by definition, cannot contain meat, so the only issue is whether or not there is alcohol usage, which I doubt on a pizza!!

If there is any mistake in my post, please correct it.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Shocking part is the OP makes a huge statement and then leaves.

At least provide evidence backing your claim.

I was stunned because Pizza Hut is one of my favorite places to eat at.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92
    Shocking part is the OP makes a huge statement and then leaves.
    I'm sure he had honest intentions in mind.

However, there is a big debate over what is Halal and what is not, and some things certainly do get jumbled up, and I'm sure he has his sources of information.

For instance, a local McDonalds near our school was apparently haram because they would fry their chips with the meat (or there was contamination in someway), leading to all of us avoiding all the kiddies meals.

However, in any case, I'd rather someone make a statement, such as the OP that can then be verified or repudiated than eating something haram without knowing it. Infact, I once remember reading that someone said that it's better eating something haram, knowing it to be haram, than not knowing it to be haram. (The reason was that in the first case, atleast you have knowledge of what is halam and what is not.)

On a related front, apparently Oreos is haram aswell (for whoever eats them):

Is Oreo halal?
    Oreo is not currently halal. However, we really want to make Oreo available to as many people as possible, so we’re working on it.
    http://www.oreo.eu/oreo/page?siteid=...1&PagecRef=633
    Last edited by mindless slogging; 21st June 2010 at 06:17.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sameer K
    like eating.... ? i dont wana name that.........you know what i mean

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to request MOd to close these kind of threads,,,,,,,,,,,
    What happens in these kind of coversation.................

PEOPLE with very limited knowldge about islam start these kind of threads (including myself) instead of going to their local mosque to find out............

People giving Instruction also have very limited knowledge about Islam and what happnes is " people start making arguements on the basis of what they have heard about "

right or wrong doesnt matter

jazakAllah

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mindless slogging
    I'm sure he had honest intentions in mind.

However, there is a big debate over what is Halal and what is not, and some things certainly do get jumbled up, and I'm sure he has his sources of information.

For instance, a local McDonalds near our school was apparently haram because they would fry their chips with the meat (or there was contamination in someway), leading to all of us avoiding all the kiddies meals.

However, in any case, I'd rather someone make a statement, such as the OP that can then be verified or repudiated than eating something haram without knowing it. Infact, I once remember reading that someone said that it's better eating something haram, knowing it to be haram, than not knowing it to be haram. (The reason was that in the first case, atleast you have knowledge of what is halam and what is not.)

On a related front, apparently Oreos is haram aswell (for whoever eats them):

http://www.oreo.eu/oreo/page?siteid=...1&PagecRef=633
    european site. what about american/canadian site?

March 19th 2011. On this day, Pakistan ended Australia's 34-match 12-year World Cup win streak.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    things that have ingredients written on packet can be checked with sites like these:

http://www.canadianhalalfoods.com/in...mitstart12=230

http://www.jamiaislamia.org/halalharam.html

Thing with Pizza hut, KFC etc is that they might use utensils without sanitizing them after use with pork.

March 19th 2011. On this day, Pakistan ended Australia's 34-match 12-year World Cup win streak.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eViLrAcEr
    european site. what about american/canadian site?
    I've heard American is halal as it is vegan (I was told this by an American colleague).

And this website lists them as vegan:

http://www.peta.org/accidentallyvega...ategory=snacks

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectionPersonified
    like eating.... ? i dont wana name that.........you know what i mean
    I have no idea what you mean.

I can't believe people actually take this seriously. Islam is supposed to guide you in life. It has asked you to do a lot of things that are to be taken more seriously than this. Follow the more important guidelines first and then worry about such trivial things like whether the cheese at pizza hut is made using a haram ingredient.

Do you really think God is sitting up there angry because you didn't do the necessary research before ordering a pizza?

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually work at Domino's Pizza and I can with 100% certainty tell you that they are not HALAL....here are the reasons:

- The chicken they sell although labelled and may well be halal but, here is the catch...

During the process of a pizza being made, the 'makeline' (people who make pizza) use the same hands that handle beef, bacon, pepperoni etc when making your VEGI PIZZA...

The chicken is now contanimated and does not remain halal, the same process applies at McDonalds when cooking your Fillet o Fish meal...

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luton Bad Boy
    During the process of a pizza being made, the 'makeline' (people who make pizza) use the same hands that handle beef, bacon, pepperoni etc when making your VEGI PIZZA...
    Dont they use palstic gloves which they change before handling veg food? I have seen them do at fast food outlets here

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Damn sorry guys I went sleep soon after making thread. Anyway I will explain As I have worked in Domino's for 6 years now so I'm not basing this on wild assumptions. I don't know if you have seen the way domino's makeline(food area) is set up the meats and veg are all lined up to together so I will make it simple for you.

I get two orders one for pepporoni and than veg pizza so I proceed to slap pizza than sauce and cheese, I than proceed to start topping pizza and once finished chuck the pepporoni back in to the pepporoni tub Damn missed it again a couple of pepporoni went into the cheese anyway no bother take them out put them into the pepporoni tub. Once finished I start the veg pizza and make it as standard no need for me to wash my hands to top it. I am making this very simple by you even saucing the pizza and than proceeding to cheese will make it haraam as many times the person who is saucing will also top so say I start off a pepporoni pizza and than proceed to sauce next pizza I'm than infecting the handle with all the grease on pepporoni so when I go to cheese my hands will have pepporoni oil all over them.

Really guys every step has a good chance of being cross contaminated, even the slapping.

As far as Mc Donalds is concerned one of my friends works there and he didn't have to go into too much detail for me to reach to my conclusion. Basically McDonalds have separate compartments for all their frying ie chips, fish etc but end of night all this oil gets mixed as it gets put in one big cleaner that cleans the oil but the oils get mixed next day they set up shop and put oils back into each of their containers.
    Last edited by khalil1986; 21st June 2010 at 08:49.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What really irked me the other day is something as follows

Me: Domino's pizza Khalil speaking
    Customer: I want to order pizza, do you sell halal?
    Me: No, we don't sorry.
    Customer: But I went to this store and they said they could do halal.
    Me: Thats not correct there are only three domino's in whole of uk which are halal and this isn't one of them. I proceeded to tell him how things work.
    Customer: But I only want a veg (really ****** me off considering what I just told him)
    Me: you can order but 100% it won't be halal.
    Customer: sort something out for me ( don't know what he was talking about)
    Me: if you order these pizzas they will be haraam
    Customer: But I'm really really hungry ( at this point I gave up)

He placed the order and I got it made halal still as I can't feed another Muslim any haraam food ie busy times I'm washing the screen the pizza gets put on getting every single topping that goes on it fresh etc a real pain to be honest but had no choice. Although if I'm really busy and I know the person who has ordered is a Muslim who knows it isn't halal I will just not touch or have anything to do with the pizza.
    Last edited by khalil1986; 21st June 2010 at 08:51.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oreo is halal in singapore

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan
    Dont they use palstic gloves which they change before handling veg food? I have seen them do at fast food outlets here
    From what I know Subway only do that and although have never been to one I would still be careful as maybe behind the scenes there is still a possibility of contamination when they wash tubs unless there meat and veg tubs are different. If they aren't than naturally the next time the one that had pork in it could have onions and if that pot wasn't washed properly than I'm sure you can figure out rest.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaleelrs
    oreo is halal in singapore
    Singapore is a Muslim country isn't it? If so you don't have to worry much about this.

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So muslims should not eat non veg in restaurants?

can someone explain how to differentiate between halal non-veg or otherwise?

Wiki had a few points, but that would mean, non-veg in non muslim foodstores will be haraam, becoz they may not follow the muslim way of slaughtering?

Debut
    Jun 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally don't care for halaal/haram and eat whatever is available but the OP has a good point here. I have a few friends who work in fast food restaurants and have raised the same point a few times.

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan
    When they have over 30 pizzas to make in about 15 minutes....

The gloves are nowhere to be seen....in fact, I have seen no store in Dominos which gives their makeline gloves!!

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The gloves are nowhere to be seen....in fact, I have seen no store in Dominos which gives their makeline gloves!!
    They are not a requirement and although we order them for our store it's mainly because I don't like handling pork and has nothing to do with any hygiene reasons

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How busy is your store bro

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to be careful when making a statement like 'its haram'

You are effectively issuing a fatwa.

Why not just order from places that are 100% halal. That way you know, even if you order a veggie pizza, if there is any 'cross contamination' of meat & veg, at least its halal meat.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Sidanay
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats just poor quality of work in your store.

He is fundamentally aware of his aura within the team. His exhilaration infects them.

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How busy is your store bro
    The Luton town centre is busy on Tuesdays, England football playing days and Fridays and Saturdays...

Which store do you work for?

When I have food made from there, I either make it myself e.g. washed hands, toppings opened from packet myself and put the toppings on myself...

I normally aim for a veggie pizza and try hard to avoid the chicken...

I agree with Oxy, go to a Halal pizza shop at least you are somewhat shielded from this discussion...

However, going to Uncle Tariq's Pizza Shop is not the same as going for a Domino's....

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, going to Uncle Tariq's Pizza Shop is not the same as going for a Domino's....
    I love the PIzza Hut pizza taste - cant be matched by 'Uncle Gafoors Speedy Pizza' but these are the sacrifices one must make

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Naziristan + Junaidistan + Younustan + Gulistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if there is an abundance of pakistanis working at the place...then u can bet the place is halal

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Pathan
    if there is an abundance of pakistanis working at the place...then u can bet the place is halal
    I think its the actual food that makes it halal rather than the no. of Pak staff....

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison
    Thats just poor quality of work in your store.
    I have worked in several dominos stores and they are all the same plus unless you have worked in Dominos you will not know how hectic it gets and we are following our standard procedures there is nothing poor with our standard to be fair.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxy
    You have to be careful when making a statement like 'its haram'

You are effectively issuing a fatwa.

Why not just order from places that are 100% halal. That way you know, even if you order a veggie pizza, if there is any 'cross contamination' of meat & veg, at least its halal meat.
    I see what you mean but it is fact. I have turned many customers away when telling them this and the sincere practicing Muslims are very greatful as they didn't know and I even got a laminated poster up which says our food is not halal, which has now been taken down by the store manager who is Muslim in name but not by actions.

I do feel stuck between a rock and a hard place though as I should be promoting the business I work for but for me religion will always come first even though I'm far from a perfect Muslim.

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see what you mean but it is fact. I have turned many customers away when telling them this and the sincere practicing Muslims are very greatful as they didn't know and I even got a laminated poster up which says our food is not halal, which has now been taken down by the store manager who is Muslim in name but not by actions.

I do feel stuck between a rock and a hard place though as I should be promoting the business I work for but for me religion will always come first even though I'm far from a perfect Muslim.

Are Dominos claiming the store is 'Halal'? i.e selling Halal meat?

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are Dominos claiming the store is 'Halal'? i.e selling Halal meat?
    Nope, although there is one dominos close to where I live who have toppings which are non pork and surely they are deceiving people into thinking they are halal toppings as I'm pretty sure they claim them toppings to be halal but not 100% on that.

Nearly all our chicken is halal as it is packaged and made in Taiwan and is officially stamped with halal but dominos say once that food reaches the store it cannot be sold as halal due to the aforementioned reasons

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are currently only three Halal domino's in UK Birmingham,Blackburn and Bradford.

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, although there is one dominos close to where I live who have toppings which are non pork and surely they are deceiving people into thinking they are halal toppings as I'm pretty sure they claim them toppings to be halal but not 100% on that.

Nearly all our chicken is halal as it is packaged and made in Taiwan and is officially stamped with halal but dominos say once that food reaches the store it cannot be sold as halal due to the aforementioned reasons
    So they arent advertising it as halal?

So why the drama?

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So they arent advertising it as halal?

So why the drama?
    I meant the Dominos that I work for don't advertise it as halal but the one local where my friend works im sure they give hints that the food is halal. Anyway rather than go off topic I just thought people should know about this as way too many Muslims have been ordering from dominos

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant the Dominos that I work for don't advertise it as halal but the one local where my friend works im sure they give hints that the food is halal. Anyway rather than go off topic I just thought people should know about this as way too many Muslims have been ordering from dominos
    I have same battle as you with regards to Dominos...

End of the day, what is stronger your faith or your lack of faith....

Endless muslim customers call up and I tell them outright, the chicken is halal but, the handling of the food is not...

I leave the judgment to them, I dont force them in anyway and keep my conscience clean...

At least I know when asked on Qiyamaat, I can answer that I tried to stop a fellow brother or sister consuming haram meat...

Try that technique it normally works...

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have same battle as you with regards to Dominos...

End of the day, what is stronger your faith or your lack of faith....

Endless muslim customers call up and I tell them outright, the chicken is halal but, the handling of the food is not...

I leave the judgment to them, I dont force them in anyway and keep my conscience clean...

At least I know when asked on Qiyamaat, I can answer that I tried to stop a fellow brother or sister consuming haram meat...

Try that technique it normally works...
    Best thing to do is just tell them it haraam full stop as once you tell them you can make it halal invariably they will return and chances are you wont be working and they will order again which leaves you partly to blame aswell.

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The issue is NOT with Dominos - because you keep saying 'they might' or 'I'm sure' - but if they dont advertise on their leaflets or in their window as 'halal' then its easy for staff to say 'NO, its not halal'

We used to have a local pizza shop selling non-halal toppings..except tandoori chicken. Did we go there? No!

Too risky TBH

However, a KFC type shop local to us (non-Muslim owned) only uses halal chicken (certified) - no other meat products so thats less risky as theres no contamination

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The issue is NOT with Dominos - because you keep saying 'they might' or 'I'm sure' - but if they dont advertise on their leaflets or in their window as 'halal' then its easy for staff to say 'NO, its not halal'

We used to have a local pizza shop selling non-halal toppings..except tandoori chicken. Did we go there? No!

Too risky TBH

However, a KFC type shop local to us (non-Muslim owned) only uses halal chicken (certified) - no other meat products so thats less risky as theres no contamination
    You would be surprised at the varying definition of halal by certain individuals, I recall two colleagues of mine one was Arab and another Bengali and they took off pepporoni off a pizza and ate it so if someone who asked them will they make them a halal pizza they will say no problem so basically just thought I would raise a bit of awareness for the people who order thinking the food is 100% but yes ideally a bit of common sense if used would be good.

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best thing to do is just tell them it haraam full stop as once you tell them you can make it halal invariably they will return and chances are you wont be working and they will order again which leaves you partly to blame aswell.
    That is actually a valid point, I think you are onto something there but, amongst the many muslim brother who I work with, they might be discouraged from such remarks...

It is a catch-22 situation and I will experiment with what you said this week and see what reaction I get...

How do you handle the staff pizza's then?

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Luton town centre is busy on Tuesdays, England football playing days and Fridays and Saturdays...

Which store do you work for?

When I have food made from there, I either make it myself e.g. washed hands, toppings opened from packet myself and put the toppings on myself...

I normally aim for a veggie pizza and try hard to avoid the chicken...

I agree with Oxy, go to a Halal pizza shop at least you are somewhat shielded from this discussion...

Yeh two for Tuesday is a real pain and weekends are standard.

I have worked in three Dominos up to date all in Manchester. At the moment I work in Eccles and we are busy but far from being one of the busiest stores, on average probably around £10,000 net sales a week. But for a really short period (thankfully) I worked at the fallowfield store on wilmslow road which at the time I think may have been the busiest store in the uk. Have a guess how many orders they did on a Monday?

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would be surprised at the varying definition of halal by certain individuals.
    With all due respect, you are working in a Dominos pizza shop, no as a mufti in some Islamic school.

Just do your job & not worry about how other Muslims wish to in interpret 'what is halal'

Believe me, its not worth the stress!

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh two for Tuesday is a real pain and weekends are standard.

I have worked in three Dominos up to date all in Manchester. At the moment I work in Eccles and we are busy but far from being one of the busiest stores, on average probably around £10,000 net sales a week. But for a really short period (thankfully) I worked at the fallowfield store on wilmslow road which at the time I think may have been the busiest store in the uk. Have a guess how many orders they did on a Monday?
    Not many I am guessing?

Are you a manager there?

Look take Oxy's words on board, end of the day, we are in a non-muslim country and certain exemptions have to be made...

Just try your best in your job and I am sure like me you will be absolutely fine....

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean by "we"? Have you patented Islam and you hold exclusive rights on it?

tj ioipo wovlh ncxlo peosg gxrkxsi hnhon vnukg mbwkn

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also bro the chicken is fine to eat as long as it's fresh out of bag as it's certified halal also you need to take extra precautions when preparing your food
    make sure to wash the pizza screen as that invariably the screen will get pepporoni oil on it
    when saucing don't use handle but instead use the shaft as the handle will be heavily contaminated with pork meat etc
    when taking pizza out don't use the pizza peeler instead take the box to the oven and slide the pizza directly into the box and lastly make sure to use a fresh cutter as you know some plonkers will just cut any pizza with any cutter.

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also bro the chicken is fine to eat as long as it's fresh out of bag as it's certified halal also you need to take extra precautions when preparing your food
    make sure to wash the pizza screen as that invariably the screen will get pepporoni oil on it
    when saucing don't use handle but instead use the shaft as the handle will be heavily contaminated with pork meat etc
    when taking pizza out don't use the pizza peeler instead take the box to the oven and slide the pizza directly into the box and lastly make sure to use a fresh cutter as you know some plonkers will just cut any pizza with any cutter.
    With so many obstacles in the way of getting a 'halal' piza, isnt it more sensible to just avoid?

The other 'plonkers' dont have this concept of 'halal' so they arent doing anything wrong

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not many I am guessing?

Are you a manager there?

Look take Oxy's words on board, end of the day, we are in a non-muslim country and certain exemptions have to be made...

Just try your best in your job and I am sure like me you will be absolutely fine....
    LOL I told you it was one of the busiest store and you say not much, I recall we were in a little rush close to closing time and we were on 620 or so orders.

I have been always part of management whether temp store manager or assistant manger etc.

Of course I know what oxy is saying and our religion is very accommodating and as long as Islam allows them exemptions than they will be made but will not compromise to fit into the west. LOL I sound like as if I'm a very pious person but I am hardly yet to establish my five daily prayers consistently but we must always keep trying bro.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    With so many obstacles in the way of getting a 'halal' piza, isnt it more sensible to just avoid?

The other 'plonkers' dont have this concept of 'halal' so they arent doing anything wrong
    That's the whole point of the thread to enlighten people to how things are made and they are than free to do what they deem fit.

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL I told you it was one of the busiest store and you say not much, I recall we were in a little rush close to closing time and we were on 620 or so orders.

I have been always part of management whether temp store manager or assistant manger etc.

Of course I know what oxy is saying and our religion is very accommodating and as long as Islam allows them exemptions than they will be made but will not compromise to fit into the west. LOL I sound like as if I'm a very pious person but I am hardly yet to establish my five daily prayers consistently but we must always keep trying bro.
    I appreciate your honesty in this case and I guess you are trying to keep your pysche clean but, after the procedure you have told me about the entire pizza making process, I am completely off it now...thanks..

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I appreciate your honesty in this case and I guess you are trying to keep your pysche clean but, after the procedure you have told me about the entire pizza making process, I am completely off it now...thanks..
    Have you never tried a combo bro that's much easier and cleaner process.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea what you mean.

I can't believe people actually take this seriously. Islam is supposed to guide you in life. It has asked you to do a lot of things that are to be taken more seriously than this. Follow the more important guidelines first and then worry about such trivial things like whether the cheese at pizza hut is made using a haram ingredient.

Do you really think God is sitting up there angry because you didn't do the necessary research before ordering a pizza?
    Do you really think God doesn't care that you're following a clear instruction on what to eat and what not to eat? Why issue the instruction in the first place then?

We should have enough control over our bodies to forego a certain type of food - really it's not that hard but then again some people live for today. Now there's no issues with that, one can do whatever they want, but don't pass it off as being correct.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bingo.

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the knowledge, and the ability to process that knowledge, then yes, God will care if you didnt do all you could to avoid what is forbidden.

Thats a no brainer really.

Throw in a bit of common sense and its quite easy.

I like fish & chips. Some places are 100% halal - so no worries. Others will fry their sausages & other products in the same oil - so for me, I will avoid the fish - even though the fish is halal, and the veg oil its fried in is halal.

The fact that they might have cooked pork sausages or beef patties in the same oil makes it a place to avoid.

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aashiqmizaaj
    Bingo.
    Thats haram also

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats haram also
    Touche. LOL

But only if you're playing for money. You've won the game in this case, but I'm not giving you anything - except for respect that is.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptoanalyst
    What do you mean by "we"? Have you patented Islam and you hold exclusive rights on it?
    We as in all of us as a whole. We should all be united and if we are united, we agree on the same things, hence less fitnah. As some of the posters said here that people have their own definition of halal. Don't you think it would be better if everyone just followed one way instead of people following religion as they please.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a cliched and frankly boring statement to make - we hear it time and time again

Firstly if it wasn't important enough then why bother entering the thread and secondly why do you assume that people are not worrying about more important stuff?

Just because someone cares whether the food he eats is halal does not mean that he does not care about other issues

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget MacDonalds, Pizza Hut and Dominos...

Who can guarantee the halal meat we get from Haji Uncle Khan's Superstore is halal is well..

I am led to believe these certificates are easily forged and some of these meat shops openly admit to not selling 100% halal meat...

What does one do in these situations?

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget MacDonalds, Pizza Hut and Dominos...

Who can guarantee the halal meat we get from Haji Uncle Khan's Superstore is halal is well..

I am led to believe these certificates are easily forged and some of these meat shops openly admit to not selling 100% halal meat...

What does one do in these situations?
    Stick to HMC establishments if possible????
    Last edited by Geordie Ahmed; 21st June 2010 at 16:41.

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed
    Stick to HMC establishments if possible
    HMC establishments are the way forward but, they are as rare as a Salman Butt 100 and not easy to find in Luton..

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HMC establishments are the way forward but, they are as rare as a Salman Butt 100 and not easy to find in Luton..
    Very true - also you find places get the HMC certificate and then later on when you check the HMC site they are no longer listed BUT their certificate remains in the window

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This video reflects the OP nicely

Misbah= PCB Chairman, Selector, Batting Coach, Fielding Coach, Bowling Coach. What a man!

Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear God! Everything is haram to some crazy 'over religious' nuts.

Anyway Pizza Hut is rubbish, way too overrated

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf...for the Quaid(ra) and Iqbal(ra)'s Pakistan