Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    I still feel "Saving Private Ryan" edges it .Maybe over repeat viewings it will change.

Also many people put "Full metal Jacket " on top (I haven't seen it Yet) .
    You're probably right, at the very least I'd have Dunkirk at an 8.5; SPR you'd have at 9. But like you say, maybe a 1-5 years from now we may rank it higher, it was fantastic piece of Cinema; the aerial scenes in particular for me are the best across all the war films although I may need to re-watch some of the older ones

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Incredible movie, I even had it above TDK!
    The only issue I had with it that it mucks up the timeline even more,makes no sense after DoFP reset the entire timeline.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    The only issue I had with it that it mucks up the timeline even more,makes no sense after DoFP reset the entire timeline.
    It was the culmination of all the previous X-Men movies which featured Logan and it introduced X-23 who will be used to build a new franchise with its own time line involving Laura and her mutant friends; I am excited because this universe could potentially be a lot more dark and gritty

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    I'm with you on this one Immy saw it last week and although I have always been a Spidy fan and have watched most of the films thought their was just too much cgi action and Spiderman at times looked like a little toy like figure running through the blocks ..reminded me a bit like Morph from Take Hart lol.
    Morph from Take Hart!! You need the nail on the head!!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @shaz619
    Hearing about Valerian for the first time. Was the Graphic novel that good ? Is it star wars like ?

I love Luc Besson's work, a very non-hollywood kind of guy (french after all), so hopefully it stays away from the typical Marvel/Star wars tropes..

and WTh is Cara Delevigne doing in this film, isn't she a terrible actress ?
    Well Shazzy boy @shaz619 , turned out just like I thought it might.

Valerian & The City of a 1000 planets : 5.5/10

+
    • Very imaginative
    • Great VFX, best fresh attempt at creating a whole new universe since Avatar
    • Light hearted tone, nothing dark and gloomy

-
    • Poor/Very weak Story
    • Leads are a huge letdown, especially Cara, no charisma whatsoever !
    • Poor villain and motivations...
    • Inconsistent tone, feels like some Japanese anime level humor at times....
    • Drags out the simple plot far too long, with far too many unnecessary scens for the romantic plot, and the worst of all :
    • RIHANNA ! WTH ! Why is she even there ? Her first 10 or so minutes are simply fan service, which add nothing to the story. The best attempt at a Bollywood style Malaika Arora/Priyanka Chopra Item song/guest appearance i.e, pure eyeball grabbing move (which flops spectacularly !) ...

Luc Besson is a pale shadow of the real thing now. SAAD . Leon was one of my favorite films.
    Last edited by SandyB; 29th July 2017 at 20:24. Reason: Spelling errors

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched Dunkirk tonight. The movie deserves the hype surrounded to it. From the very start till end, I failed to see a single lose thread in the entire fabric. The story, acting, cinemetography, sound production & design, editing sequences, background music, everything seemed top notch. And I believe Nolan is finally getting his long deserved Academy nomination this year.

But still I don't think it is the best war movie ever as advertised at various places. Saving Private Ryan, Apocalypse Now, The Bridge on River Kwai & Das Boot were better. And it's not the best movie by Nolan as well. That honor still is with Memento & The Dark Knight.

However it was refreshing to watch a real mega budget movie that has not been dedicated to caped heroes & CGI. And we have Nolan and Studio to thank for this. Though I remember Gibson made a great war movie last year as well. Let's hope it's start of a new trend.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Well Shazzy boy @shaz619 , turned out just like I thought it might.

Valerian & The City of a 1000 planets : 5.5/10

+
    • Very imaginative
    • Great VFX, best fresh attempt at creating a whole new universe since Avatar
    • Light hearted tone, nothing dark and gloomy

-
    • Poor/Very weak Story
    • Leads are a huge letdown, especially Cara, no charisma whatsoever !
    • Poor villain and motivations...
    • Inconsistent tone, feels like some Japanese anime level humor at times....
    • Drags out the simple plot far too long, with far too many unnecessary scens for the romantic plot, and the worst of all :
    • RIHANNA ! WTH ! Why is she even there ? Her first 10 or so minutes are simply fan service, which add nothing to the story. The best attempt at a Bollywood style Malaika Arora/Priyanka Chopra Item song/guest appearance i.e, pure eyeball grabbing move (which flops spectacularly !) ...

Luc Besson is a pale shadow of the real thing now. SAAD . Leon was one of my favorite films.
    Is it out already? damn, haven't seen much promotion in the UK. @JaDed have you seen the movie ? what do you think.

I was curious about how it would turn out but looked forward to it with little expectations but an open mind, will give my review after I've checked it out.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brothers (2015).

Akshay Kumar and Sidharth Malhotra were fantastic.

Only God can judge me so I'm gone, either love me or leave me alone.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Watched Dunkirk again. My third favourite war movie, tied with Apocalypse Now. After Saving Private Ryan and Full Metal Kacket.

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched Valerian, which is alright just a one time watch.
    Also watched Robert De Niro's Midnight Run

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just finished watching Gabbar is Back.

Love Akshay Kumar, arguably the most versatile actor of this century from Bollywood.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is it out already? damn, haven't seen much promotion in the UK. @JaDed have you seen the movie ? what do you think.

I was curious about how it would turn out but looked forward to it with little expectations but an open mind, will give my review after I've checked it out.
    No sadly people I trust on opinions about sad its not worth it,esp after the universe is explored,guess will watch it on streaming.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Brothers (2015).

Akshay Kumar and Sidharth Malhotra were fantastic.
    Are you trolling?

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Are you trolling?
    I didn't pay a lot of attention to the storyline, I only watched it because of its wrestling factor.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    I didn't pay a lot of attention to the storyline, I only watched it because of its wrestling factor.
    Check it out the original movie then, Warrior,good story and fight.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1291584/

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks, will check it out later tonight.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    959 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Spiderman Homecoming: meh

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baby Driver...still don't get why Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 94%...the action was okay...story was meh.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Presumed Innocent (1990) - 8/10

Enormously entertaining courtroom drama/murder mystery starring Harrison Ford, Raul Julia, Bonnie Bedelia, Brian Dennehy and Greta Scacchi. Harrison Ford is very restrained and effective. Raul Julia is the most entertaining person in the movie as usual. The twist is incredible even if having a few logical issues.

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

That movie was awesome. I liked Creed better though, maybe for the nostalgia factor.

There's another Hardy action movie where he is a bare knuckle boxer not sure if you've seen it.

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    That movie was awesome. I liked Creed better though, maybe for the nostalgia factor.

There's another Hardy action movie where he is a bare knuckle boxer not sure if you've seen it.
    Kranes?

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Kranes?
    Found it. It's called Bronson. Have heard good things about it, haven't gotten around to watching it.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

What was the last film you watched?

'Dunkirk' (2017)

What a fabulous film, what a great depiction of the battlefield. Nolan has doubtlessly pulled off his best work and one that he'll himself find it hard to surpass. Right from the scene where the first aerial attack takes place and the Allied soldier trying to gun down the plane gets wiped away from the earth, the film never looks back and provides one gripping moment after another. The dogfight between the air forces yet will forever go down as the most thrilling scenes in the history of any war film. Mind-blowing work!

As many World War Two films do, this doesn't resort to showing blood and gore, or deformed dead bodies to depict a war (which isn't necessarily wrong), but yet makes the point of the horror of a war in a most eloquent way. It seems as if Nolan had over the years been watching war films as a layman instead of a film-maker, and had realised that the public is demanding for something more than just deformed dead bodies. Yet on the other hand, it doesn't show any false bravado on part of the Allied forces. It just depicts the reality of the battlefield, and gives a hint of Forces beyond their control having made it happen.

Hans Zimmer's background music will forever be remembered as the ultimate decoration of any Nolan film. That music was killing and created nail-biting suspense even in moments of relief, coupled with it the sound effects that make you feel as if bullets are coming your way from every direction - another highlight of epic film-making. I'd a time of my life, two most thrilling hours ever spent at a cinema. #ThankYouNolan - thank you for the heart palpitations and the shortness of breath!

Yes, the film doesn't show a background or even a short history for the laymen watching of the Battle of Dunkirk. So anyone going into it with expectations of a proper story will be disappointed, as will be those who haven't done any bit of a research on the battle.

Secondly, yes it has no characters and doesn't even show a single German soldier, and omits reactions or the talks of the people in command from either sides, or discussions from the offices as to what the plan is to get them evacuated and how much under stress they're regarding this, or how the Germans are plotting to attack them. But that's not criticism, that's a misinterpretation of the purpose of this film. Showing all of that to please some viewers would make it a film, and this isn't a film. This a literal presentation of what war is or what the happenings of the surroundings of a battlefield are. Ask yourself, if you were amongst the Allied soldiers stuck there, would you on that beach have an idea of what the people higher up are planning to save you, or what the Germans are plotting? No! The problem is, showing any of that would make it a film with breaks and stoppages and will never give you the feel of a battlefield. A war zone, a battlefield is exactly like this and it offers no time to wipe a sweat from your forehead. It is relentless, it is unfair and it constant. Watching it, by the 40th or the 50th minute I myself was exhausted and was saying that such a film should have an interval of 15 minutes, but again, the battlefield has no intervals and being exhausted is a part of it. There are moments when you scratch your head as to whose plane is flying overhead, but here too one has to study to understand that it is after this particular battle that the Allied forces chose to draw a colour- based distinction on their planes for identification. So here again Nolan makes you go through exactly what the Allied soldiers on the ground had to.

I'm a fan of Nolan but not a huge fan, but here he has succeeded tremendously in making you as an audience feel like a soldier effected by it. It's a project, not a film. As for characters and a story, a war does have a story, but a battlefield doesn't. A battlefield just has gunshots, grenades and bombs, and soldiers fighting for survival. At most, the only criticism that I can remotely accept is that the action or the plot didn't have a prelude, which would've been useful for a layman watching this film without having studied the Battle of Dunkirk, But again, Nolan has his own thought process here and it has its own justification.

All in all, 100 out of 10 for this masterpiece. I wouldn't mind it getting a well deserved Oscar. Nolan and co. have richly deserved it.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHONI183 View Post
    'Dunkirk' (2017)

What a fabulous film, what a great depiction of the battlefield. Nolan has doubtlessly pulled off his best work and one that he'll himself find it hard to surpass. Right from the scene where the first aerial attack takes place and the Allied soldier trying to gun down the plane gets wiped away from the earth, the film never looks back and provides one gripping moment after another. The dogfight between the air forces yet will forever go down as the most thrilling scenes in the history of any war film. Mind-blowing work!

As many World War Two films do, this doesn't resort to showing blood and gore, or deformed dead bodies to depict a war (which isn't necessarily wrong), but yet makes the point of the horror of a war in a most eloquent way. It seems as if Nolan had over the years been watching war films as a layman instead of a film-maker, and had realised that the public is demanding for something more than just deformed dead bodies. Yet on the other hand, it doesn't show any false bravado on part of the Allied forces. It just depicts the reality of the battlefield, and gives a hint of Forces beyond their control having made it happen.

Hans Zimmer's background music will forever be remembered as the ultimate decoration of any Nolan film. That music was killing and created nail-biting suspense even in moments of relief, coupled with it the sound effects that make you feel as if bullets are coming your way from every direction - another highlight of epic film-making. I'd a time of my life, two most thrilling hours ever spent at a cinema. #ThankYouNolan - thank you for the heart palpitations and the shortness of breath!

Yes, the film doesn't show a background or even a short history for the laymen watching of the Battle of Dunkirk. So anyone going into it with expectations of a proper story will be disappointed, as will be those who haven't done any bit of a research on the battle.

Secondly, yes it has no characters and doesn't even show a single German soldier, and omits reactions or the talks of the people in command from either sides, or discussions from the offices as to what the plan is to get them evacuated and how much under stress they're regarding this, or how the Germans are plotting to attack them. But that's not criticism, that's a misinterpretation of the purpose of this film. Showing all of that to please some viewers would make it a film, and this isn't a film. This a literal presentation of what war is or what the happenings of the surroundings of a battlefield are. Ask yourself, if you were amongst the Allied soldiers stuck there, would you on that beach have an idea of what the people higher up are planning to save you, or what the Germans are plotting? No! The problem is, showing any of that would make it a film with breaks and stoppages and will never give you the feel of a battlefield. A war zone, a battlefield is exactly like this and it offers no time to wipe a sweat from your forehead. It is relentless, it is unfair and it constant. Watching it, by the 40th or the 50th minute I myself was exhausted and was saying that such a film should have an interval of 15 minutes, but again, the battlefield has no intervals and being exhausted is a part of it. There are moments when you scratch your head as to whose plane is flying overhead, but here too one has to study to understand that it is after this particular battle that the Allied forces chose to draw a colour- based distinction on their planes for identification. So here again Nolan makes you go through exactly what the Allied soldiers on the ground had to.

I'm a fan of Nolan but not a huge fan, but here he has succeeded tremendously in making you as an audience feel like a soldier effected by it. It's a project, not a film. As for characters and a story, a war does have a story, but a battlefield doesn't. A battlefield just has gunshots, grenades and bombs, and soldiers fighting for survival. At most, the only criticism that I can remotely accept is that the action or the plot didn't have a prelude, which would've been useful for a layman watching this film without having studied the Battle of Dunkirk, But again, Nolan has his own thought process here and it has its own justification.

All in all, 100 out of 10 for this masterpiece. I wouldn't mind it getting a well deserved Oscar. Nolan and co. have richly deserved it.
    Literally just came back from watching it and was gonna post a review, but you did a great job. Great film, work,of art.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Literally just came back from watching it and was gonna post a review, but you did a great job. Great film, work,of art.
    Cheers man!

What more can you ask from a director when he presents scenes based on photographs from the real/original battle? Remember this scene at the start?

Name:  Dunkirk real scene.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  7.9 KB
    Name:  Dunkirk real scene - 2.jpeg
Views: 538
Size:  89.5 KB

Tremendous work by Nolan! Hard-work paying off and I hope it earns great success the coming weeks.

Eagerly waiting for Saturday. Will be watching 'War for the Planet of the Apes' - a film belonging to the most favourite series of people in our family, myself included!

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHONI183 View Post
    'Dunkirk' (2017)

Watched it at a local IMAX.

I found the whole IMAX experience sickening- the movie was great no doubt but the sound was wayyyyy too high. I felt physically sick.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

'War for the Planet of the Apes' (2017)

As was the case with my cousin who (went in to watch a film at a cinema for the first time and) hadn't watched the first and the second film of the series, anyone watching this film as his first from it will be awestruck and really the way this film depicts the relation and the conflict between humans and apes, but I and those from my family had watched them and were, in a nutshell, disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the film uses great philosophies to depict the nature and the mercilessness of such circumstances, the dialogues and the emotions are indeed very touching, but the film lacks twists or a proper plot, has countless flaws (in our view at least), and I'm sorry to say, is in parts boring. Talking of the first of the flaws which could've still made a much better despite the issues was the intervention from the third party - the army that arrived. Needlessly, it makes it a triangle affair and drifts itself from its main theme of it after all being between apes and humans. So a better and a powerful ending would've left a better taste in mouth, because here the apes were completely robbed off their intelligence all of a sudden and were simply shown to have been just lucky due the attack by that army. The previous two films had certainly set higher standards of the apes.

Talking of standards, the biggest weakness of the film yet lies in the brutal murder that it causes of the legend of Caesar before he finally dies. It completely ruins the character of the greatest leader ever presented in an English films. Far from being a man of morals and a leader with a great foresight, a peace-loving being, the film in the end declares Koba as the winner and as being someone who was always right in his campaign that Caesar wasn't necessarily a great ape, but just lucky, unlike Koba, to have instead received love from humans. As soon as he got a raw deal like Koba did, he resorts to being after all yet another Koba-like ape. Surely, as someone with even more experience and having grown into a wise, old ape, this could've been the ultimate opportunity to show that Caesar was never going to resort to settling grudges, and cared more for the community. A wasted opportunity, an incredibly sad end to a legend like him.

Also, the 3D effects are grossly over-rated, many films have had them better, and don't form the basis of the film by any stretch of the imagination - as do the sound effects for example in 'Dunkirk' 2017.

I'm personally undecided on a sequel, and a bit skeptical too. My advice would be to not to tarnish the legacy of the series if something similar to the first or the second installment can't be repeated - because despite this one, it'll in my books still go down as the greatest series of English films.

Not the fault of the film-makers here, but I´ve had very fond memories attached to this series, because it was the second installment of the year 2014 that led me to watch films at cinemas. Three years to that and I've watched 47 different films and 49 shows. It was our @saadibaba here whose review compelled me to watch it, and I haven´t looked back ever since.

Regardless, for now though, this goes down as the biggest disappointment of the year - an honour divided into halves by it and 'Alien: Covenant'.

And oh', by the way, how was that bad colonel ever going to get a wall build above which even the army's planes and helicopers weren't going to fly in? Plain dumb! I added this as a footnote because this came to my mind as a separate point, after composing my review.

Six out of 10.
    Last edited by DHONI183; 6th August 2017 at 08:41.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Shutter Island.

Its one of those films that's polarised opinion - either you saw the twist coming from the start or it went over your head. Some thought it was a cheap cop-out but I enjoyed it. There were enough hints along the way.

The inmate writing "RUN" in Daniels' notebook for instance. She knew Daniels was being lured into a trap. Daniels' own increasingly paranoid and manic behaviour, and his convoluted conspiracy theories, also convinced you he was the person they were searching for all along.

I felt the film dragged during the flashback sequences involving Daniels' wife. But the resolution made sense for me.

Daniels inability to deal with his PTSD after the war led to him distancing himself from his family and drove his wife, who had her own demons, over the edge and eventually murdering their children. Daniels then kills her in a rage - though the film never shows this (they should've done as it'd have cleared up the confusion some viewers had). He is then wracked with guilt and his unbelievable delusions are a bid to escape from reality.

I loved his final words - "is it better to die as a hero or live as a monster ?" - showing Daniels had accepted the enormity of what he'd done, meaning he'd staged his "relapse", so he could go for a lobotomy to erase his memory.

The acting was solid from Di Caprio and Kingsley who especially put in a great performance as you never quite knew where you stood with him. He made you feel as if he was hiding something but at the same time he appears genuine about looking after his patients with his newer, more humane methods of psychiatry.

The soundtrack gave the film an unnerving and ominous feel but I understand people saying they were sick of hearing that foghorn.

Overall - 7.5/10. Its an ambitious film from Scorsese as there's a lot for the viewer to take in, but I enjoyed it.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Shutter Island.

Its one of those films that's polarised opinion - either you saw the twist coming from the start or it went over your head. Some thought it was a cheap cop-out but I enjoyed it. There were enough hints along the way.

The inmate writing "RUN" in Daniels' notebook for instance. She knew Daniels was being lured into a trap. Daniels' own increasingly paranoid and manic behaviour, and his convoluted conspiracy theories, also convinced you he was the person they were searching for all along.

I felt the film dragged during the flashback sequences involving Daniels' wife. But the resolution made sense for me.

Daniels inability to deal with his PTSD after the war led to him distancing himself from his family and drove his wife, who had her own demons, over the edge and eventually murdering their children. Daniels then kills her in a rage - though the film never shows this (they should've done as it'd have cleared up the confusion some viewers had). He is then wracked with guilt and his unbelievable delusions are a bid to escape from reality.

I loved his final words - "is it better to die as a hero or live as a monster ?" - showing Daniels had accepted the enormity of what he'd done, meaning he'd staged his "relapse", so he could go for a lobotomy to erase his memory.

The acting was solid from Di Caprio and Kingsley who especially put in a great performance as you never quite knew where you stood with him. He made you feel as if he was hiding something but at the same time he appears genuine about looking after his patients with his newer, more humane methods of psychiatry.

The soundtrack gave the film an unnerving and ominous feel but I understand people saying they were sick of hearing that foghorn.

Overall - 7.5/10. Its an ambitious film from Scorsese as there's a lot for the viewer to take in, but I enjoyed it.
    It's best to just sit back and enjoy such movies then be overly critical and nitpicking every little thing like a bloody foghorn! sometimes going in with the critical specs can take away from your enjoyment; Shutter Island was an 8/10 movie for me Am just annoyed that I did not read the book first, I have bought it after watching the film but it's just not the same knowing the twist at the end. I love psychological thrillers

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meet Joe Black (1998)

very good movie tbh

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunkirk was a very stressful watch, I really didnt enjoy the constant siren sound effects. It was like the audience was stuck in Dunkirk! Thats fine if you are a thrill seeker, but I came to be entertained, not as if Im in the middle of World war 2

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Dinner with Andre (1981).

This was a superb movie. I enjoy philosophy and this hit the nail on the head. Just two people talking, but you do really think a lot through this. Not gonna lie the first 30 minutes I found were mundane but it made the dialogue stronger.

I give it a 10/10.

Gonna watch 12 Angry Men soon as that has a similar scenery in that the film is purely dialogue. These documentary type movies I enjoy.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched Baby driver yesterday. Really good movie, had all types of emotions and very exciting, thrilling and engaging film. 10/10 would recommend

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @SandyB agree with your earlier review on Valerian, felt the same way; I appreciate the creativity, the visuals were spectacular and universe they built was very ambitious. They lost their way in terms of a incoherent narrative, weak obstacle to overcome and poor casting of their lead in Valerian. There are so many things they could have done better because the potential was clearly there. They won't get to improve though because the movie tanked at the Box Office unless they make a big buck in China but don't see them breaking even, @JaDed it's still worth a watch; popcorn flick, plus he's one of your favourite directors.

It was a big budget project with multiple investors backing the movie but their marketing and release date (was up against super hero flicks, Apes and Dunkirk) were not on point which also didn't help its performance at the box office, there are movies that are a lot worse but have done amazing numbers. People are also not familiar with the source material and with no familiar face they had to ensure the overall quality was excellent but they fell short.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idrizzy View Post
    My Dinner with Andre (1981).

This was a superb movie. I enjoy philosophy and this hit the nail on the head. Just two people talking, but you do really think a lot through this. Not gonna lie the first 30 minutes I found were mundane but it made the dialogue stronger.

I give it a 10/10.

Gonna watch 12 Angry Men soon as that has a similar scenery in that the film is purely dialogue. These documentary type movies I enjoy.
    Will check it out, have you seen Rear Window? think you will love that

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Raging Bull - can see why this is a beloved old classic. The chemistry between de Niro and Pesci's characters is superb, the dialogue feels so natural and the story, although unrelentingly downbeat, is told brilliantly with the black and white setting a perfect fit.

Its based on the real life boxer Jake Lamotta who struggles with an enormous amount of insecurity, paranoia and jealousy that leads him to fall out with his own brother, his wife and children. He is unable to verbalise his feelings for his wife, he knows only the language of violence which he uses against her as well as his opponents. But he is loath to obtain assistance from the mob, who run boxing, and use his brother Joey as a go-between.

The film is bookmarked by two scenes at the start and end of a balding and overweight Lamotta post-retirement, doing a crappy standup routine in a dingy bar in front of a dozen people. He was once the middleweight champ, now reduced to nothing.

de Niro's acting in the scene where he's in solitary confinement and his quoting of the film On the Waterfront is magnificent. Even at the very end he views himself as a victim like Terry Malloy who was also betrayed by his brother. That's the only way he can find solace.

8.5/10.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Full Metal Jacket - another classic I watched this week. This film can be split into three acts. Act 1 is the most iconic and what most people remember the film for. Its the training scenes involving the sweary drill sergeant Hartman played by R. Lee Ermey and his interactions with the bumbling Gomer Pyle. What's so profound about the boot camp scenes is how it robs these young men of their identities, now being reshaped into remorseless killing machines. There are numerous sexual innuendos in the film - with these men removed from normal affectionate human relationships, pleasure is now obtained on the battlefield through their rifles.

The scene involving Pyle in the bathroom is unforgettable, although I found it somewhat amusing to see Pyle yelling the Rifleman's Code almost deaf to the words of Joker and the drill sergeant who couldn't get through to a man experiencing a fatal breakdown. The powerful impact of these opening scenes almost curses the rest of the film as its hard to top.

Act 2 is deployment. The change of pace from Kubrick is jarring and I found this act the weakest. Joker is assigned to military journalism, working for the propaganda arm of the US military. I enjoyed seeing his boss Ltd Lockhart at work, twisting and spinning every incident on the battlefield to placate domestic audiences. But Joker and his cameraman pine to see some action and want to go on the frontline.

Joker is us - we see the war through his eyes. His colleagues mock him for his lack of a thousand yard stare and he is shocked by their propensity to kill civilians. He is conflicted between his desire to serve his country and his longing for peace - wearing the peace symbol on his lapel. The "duality of man" as he admits. He's blissfully unaware of the true horrors of war. Act 3 changes that.

Wow, you could write a whole essay on Act 3 alone. There is a stark contrast between the brutally enforced discipline and organisation of the boot camp in Act 1 and the anarchy of the battlefield. Seeing your colleagues killed one by one has a barbarising effect on the soldiers - serving to further dehumanise their enemy and building their lust for vengeance and blood. The sniper scene is one of the most captivating in the history of cinema especially when you find out who was firing the shots. By the end, Joker does have a thousand yard stare, he has his first taste for blood and like the rest of us, loses his innocence.

8/10. Points docked for overuse of sexual innuendo and the relatively dull Act 2 but very memorable.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @Markhor the opening sequence was incredible to!

Jack Lamotta lived an extraordinary life and his boxing career is the stuff of folklore legend given his rivalry with the greatest P4P fighter who ever lived in Sugar Ray Robinson; the two kept fighting each other because everyone just kept avoiding them lol

Outstanding movie, one of my all time favourites. Also love this scene:

Neighbour: What's the matter with you Animals!

Lamotta: Your Mothers an Animal ! You're going to find your dog dead! Am going to eat it!

Then after arguing with his wife and flipping the table:

Lamotta to his wife: Come on Lets be friends

P.S Markhor Jack is still alive ! it will take quiet an effort to take that bloke down
    Last edited by shaz619; 13th August 2017 at 13:07.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will check it out, have you seen Rear Window? think you will love that
    Thanks, I'll definitely check it out. It's funny because I wouldn't bat an eyelid for films like American Sniper (which is a bit of a documentary style movie) that's a biography. Akin to The Theory of Everything. Not interested in these movies. But show me anything that's thought provoking and I'm all ears.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idrizzy View Post
    Thanks, I'll definitely check it out. It's funny because I wouldn't bat an eyelid for films like American Sniper (which is a bit of a documentary style movie) that's a biography. Akin to The Theory of Everything. Not interested in these movies. But show me anything that's thought provoking and I'm all ears.
    Same, I love thought provoking movies and especially the ones which mess with your mind; Memento is the best ever in the psychological thriller genre for me and my all time favourite

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @SandyB agree with your earlier review on Valerian, felt the same way; I appreciate the creativity, the visuals were spectacular and universe they built was very ambitious. They lost their way in terms of a incoherent narrative, weak obstacle to overcome and poor casting of their lead in Valerian. There are so many things they could have done better because the potential was clearly there. They won't get to improve though because the movie tanked at the Box Office unless they make a big buck in China but don't see them breaking even, @JaDed it's still worth a watch; popcorn flick, plus he's one of your favourite directors.

It was a big budget project with multiple investors backing the movie but their marketing and release date (was up against super hero flicks, Apes and Dunkirk) were not on point which also didn't help its performance at the box office, there are movies that are a lot worse but have done amazing numbers. People are also not familiar with the source material and with no familiar face they had to ensure the overall quality was excellent but they fell short.
    Will watch it soon,disappointed the incoherence everyone is talking about!

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Will watch it soon,disappointed the incoherence everyone is talking about!
    I don't know maybe incoherence is a bit overly harsh but there was certainly a lack of depth, then again with such movies that is expected to an extent but it also means there is a very small room for error. Let me know what you think after you watched it

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okja

Loved it. Wonderful story exposing the corporate manipulation and exploitation of the food chain. Acting overall is a bit eccentric but maybe that was intentional given the tone of the movie. Paul Dano is quickly becoming my favorite actor. His facial expressions and so genuine and warm, they remind me of Brando at times. However, the digitally conjured super pig steals the show in every scene. The girl playing Mija is a great as well.

Director Bong Joon-ho is brilliant story teller. He has already made the defining monster movie of the 21st century the "Host". He is a genre bending or genre smashing director. In his brilliant character study "Mother" which explores the extreme of family bonds while delving into police forensic procedural, he deliberately, almost capriciously, introduce an element of pure anarchy into the mix. This has become kind of his trademark. He is perhaps one of the most exciting and innovative directors of our times and "Okja" proves his brilliance yet again.

“I am not young enough to know everything.”

― Oscar Wilde

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full Metal Jacket - another classic I watched this week. This film can be split into three acts. Act 1 is the most iconic and what most people remember the film for. Its the training scenes involving the sweary drill sergeant Hartman played by R. Lee Ermey and his interactions with the bumbling Gomer Pyle. What's so profound about the boot camp scenes is how it robs these young men of their identities, now being reshaped into remorseless killing machines. There are numerous sexual innuendos in the film - with these men removed from normal affectionate human relationships, pleasure is now obtained on the battlefield through their rifles.

The scene involving Pyle in the bathroom is unforgettable, although I found it somewhat amusing to see Pyle yelling the Rifleman's Code almost deaf to the words of Joker and the drill sergeant who couldn't get through to a man experiencing a fatal breakdown. The powerful impact of these opening scenes almost curses the rest of the film as its hard to top.

Act 2 is deployment. The change of pace from Kubrick is jarring and I found this act the weakest. Joker is assigned to military journalism, working for the propaganda arm of the US military. I enjoyed seeing his boss Ltd Lockhart at work, twisting and spinning every incident on the battlefield to placate domestic audiences. But Joker and his cameraman pine to see some action and want to go on the frontline.

Joker is us - we see the war through his eyes. His colleagues mock him for his lack of a thousand yard stare and he is shocked by their propensity to kill civilians. He is conflicted between his desire to serve his country and his longing for peace - wearing the peace symbol on his lapel. The "duality of man" as he admits. He's blissfully unaware of the true horrors of war. Act 3 changes that.

Wow, you could write a whole essay on Act 3 alone. There is a stark contrast between the brutally enforced discipline and organisation of the boot camp in Act 1 and the anarchy of the battlefield. Seeing your colleagues killed one by one has a barbarising effect on the soldiers - serving to further dehumanise their enemy and building their lust for vengeance and blood. The sniper scene is one of the most captivating in the history of cinema especially when you find out who was firing the shots. By the end, Joker does have a thousand yard stare, he has his first taste for blood and like the rest of us, loses his innocence.

8/10. Points docked for overuse of sexual innuendo and the relatively dull Act 2 but very memorable.
    Interesting observations. I agree that act I of the movie is so captivating and powerful that the rest of the movie never has a chance to pick up after that. Maybe a nonlinear narrative would have worked better. Another thing which partially annoyed me about the movie was the cloudy overcast Vietnam (movie was shot entirely in England) which obviously makes the setting less realistic compared to other Vietnam war classics like Apocalypse Now and Platoon. All in all, apart from act I, among the weakest Kubrick movies.

― Oscar Wilde

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raging Bull - can see why this is a beloved old classic. The chemistry between de Niro and Pesci's characters is superb, the dialogue feels so natural and the story, although unrelentingly downbeat, is told brilliantly with the black and white setting a perfect fit.

Its based on the real life boxer Jake Lamotta who struggles with an enormous amount of insecurity, paranoia and jealousy that leads him to fall out with his own brother, his wife and children. He is unable to verbalise his feelings for his wife, he knows only the language of violence which he uses against her as well as his opponents. But he is loath to obtain assistance from the mob, who run boxing, and use his brother Joey as a go-between.

The film is bookmarked by two scenes at the start and end of a balding and overweight Lamotta post-retirement, doing a crappy standup routine in a dingy bar in front of a dozen people. He was once the middleweight champ, now reduced to nothing.

de Niro's acting in the scene where he's in solitary confinement and his quoting of the film On the Waterfront is magnificent. Even at the very end he views himself as a victim like Terry Malloy who was also betrayed by his brother. That's the only way he can find solace.

8.5/10.

One of the classics. I have to give it another watch but apart from the dialogue between DeNiro and Pesci what struck me about the movie the most was the brilliance of the boxing sequences. How in the final fight with Sugar Ray Robinson the camera slows down, zooms in and pans out at the same time. That is cinema in my opinion. How a camera can portray emotion without the use of sound or dialogue purely through visual aesthetics.

― Oscar Wilde

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Drunk Love

Paul Thomas Anderson is perhaps the most important American director of our times. His movies have explored authentic American themes of power, greed and commercialism with remarkable precision and nuance. I have seen Punch Drunk Love before but watched it again as the first time I was unable to fully process the movie.

The use colors to express mood and feelings comes across vividly. The blue suit that the protagonist wears through the movie along with the blue office building wall, blue hue throughout the movie etc. brilliantly expresses the main characters melancholy and turbulent state of mind.

The story is a bit haphazard and does not seem to desire a definitive purpose but its engaging enough and certainly the acting is up to par. The jittery somewhat irritable and hyperactive background sound adds to the overall ambience of the movie as we relate to the anxieties inside the mind of the protagonist.

Ultimately, its an unconventional yet classic love story of our trepidatious times.

― Oscar Wilde

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched Always Outnumbered, Always Outgunned. Great film which can teach a lot about the value of the working man. Laurence Fishburne kills it again. Also watched Malcolm X. Started to tear a little at the Ossie Davis eulogy. Words are not depictful enough to describe the admiration I have for Brother Minister Malcolm. His life is like a real-life superhero movie. 3 million people in America converted to Islam because of him.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarah's Key (2010)

6.5/10

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Full Metal Jacket sucks after the training scenes. Kubrick quite literally loses the plot, for one of the only times in his career. The whole piece would have been better as a 45-minute experimental docufilm, ending with Pyle's suicide, than as a full-length movie.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Watched Gifted after my friend recommended me. The IMDB & RT rating is totally misleading.

It was an absolute borefeast, didn't emotionally connect with any character like they wanted. 2/10. Chris Evans needs to more commercial films(apart from Captain America) than picking dry subject like this.
    Last edited by shah_1; 18th August 2017 at 16:22.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Watched Wind River, decent movie. Typical crime thriller with twist at the end, still better than the overloading of super hero movies.

At the start felt like I was watching Bourne Legacy because you see Jeremy Renner yet again in an arctic landscape sniping stuff.

Overall 7.5/10.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw the movie IT - based on the Stephen King Horror novel.

I thought the film was very decent, and had fair bit of scary thrills.

Worth watching if your a horror fan but even if your not you will find it a good thrill. 8/10.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dûr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90MPH View Post

Worth watching if your a horror fan but even if your not you will find it a good thrill. 8/10.
    Is it as good as the book though? It's one of my favorites from King.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Watched "Passengers" with Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt. Much better than the critics have been trying to tell us. Makes genuinely artistic use of its unity of location and tiny cast (four people, yes four people). Visually stunning, morally ambiguous, moving, and believable. Lawrence effortlessly reinforces her de facto status as the actress of this century.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The Lego Batman Movie - 9/10

Wow, the animation was so beautiful and the narrative was excellent as well. It basically was Batman being a parody of himself , The Lego Movie which came out a few years ago was equally good and while the moral of the story in that instance was self belief and resilience, the Lego Batman Movie emphasised the importance of family and team work. Me and my younger sibling really enjoyed it.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    Is it as good as the book though? It's one of my favorites from King.
    I haven't read the book and tbh hardly read any books cause just don't have the time.

I did watch the Original IT series a long time back - while that was well made as well this one is better.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also another film I would Highly recommend is called Midnight run.

It's A comedy thriller starring Robert De Niro - one of the best films I have seen in a long time and I really mean it.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dûr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I haven't read the book and tbh hardly read any books cause just don't have the time.

I did watch the Original IT series a long time back - while that was well made as well this one is better.
    Alright thanks.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still cannot decide whether my fear of clowns came before or after I watched this film as a child.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I watched Jeans South Indian movie.

As you guys might know I really don't like South Indian stuff but I gave it a try and the movie was amazing no wonder it was submitted for Oscar by India.One of the best double role movie.I watched the dubbed Hindi version due to my fluency in Hindi/Urdu.

Don't know what happened to the main actor because his acting was amazing and Nassar is also good actor.Aishwarya amazing and evergreen

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watch Guadians of the Galaxy 2 some time ago. Pretty entertaining. Would give it 8/10. Liked it better then the first one.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    959 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelandofthebravepeople View Post
    I watch Guadians of the Galaxy 2 some time ago. Pretty entertaining. Would give it 8/10. Liked it better then the first one.
    Yeah I liked it better than the first too. Can't say that for most of the sequels.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bareily Ki Barfi 8/10 very good performance and music,loved the small town cinematography.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bareily Ki Barfi 8/10 very good performance and music,loved the small town cinematography.
    Have you watched Jeans?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebreaker View Post
    Have you watched Jeans?
    Yup,Shankar is a famous director down south,have watched most of his movies.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also another film I would Highly recommend is called Midnight run.

It's A comedy thriller starring Robert De Niro - one of the best films I have seen in a long time and I really mean it.
    I always recommend this movie to people to show them how good deniro was in his prime.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @aliasad1998 I miss 50 cent, wish there were still more like him around. Hip Hop is dead.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @aliasad1998 I miss 50 cent, wish there were still more like him around. Hip Hop is dead.

50s first album is as good as hip hop gets. It was the definition of an album that is mainstream but is still amazing. I think he fell off more suddenly than any ther rapper in history.

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yup,Shankar is a famous director down south,have watched most of his movies.
    I watched his movie I as well and that was really bad

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    50s first album is as good as hip hop gets. It was the definition of an album that is mainstream but is still amazing. I think he fell off more suddenly than any ther rapper in history.
    Got to give Eminem a lot of credit as well, he worked with 50 a fair amount; Eminem's production talent gets overlooked, he's produced some amazing posthumous Pac albums to. Yeah, at one point he filed for bankruptcy as well and like most rappers from that time they sort of just vanish, it could be partially due to age and also the change in era; he's someone other then Eminem who I could see adapting quiet well, but I rather them not make something to please the casuals so better off in retirement.

The other thing with 50 was legitimacy, a lot of what he said was based on things which actually happened in his life and that added to his aura; will remain one of my all time favourites
    Last edited by shaz619; 12th September 2017 at 19:53.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebreaker View Post
    I watched his movie I as well and that was really bad
    Yes it was, but Nayak(Anil Kapoor one),Anniyan(Aprchit in Hindi),Sivaji the boss,Indian (Kamal Hassan) area all pretty entertaining,even Robot is entertaining.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anti Matter.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alien: Covenant

It was definitely more entertaining and had the genre satisfying clichéd scares one would expect from an Alien movie but I missed the mythology and ambiguity of Prometheus. Michael Fassbender was great once again. They could have developed the human characters bit more. Apparently the whole crew consisted of couples but it was hard to figure out who is married to whom. You can sense the director trying to throw some red meat to the Alien fans but his hearts in trying to progress the Prometheus Fassbender storyline. The ending was riveting and will make the next installment even more anticipated.

― Oscar Wilde

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Baby Driver

Jamie Fox nailed it.

It was a fun ride overall.

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how would you guys rate IT the movie?

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    how would you guys rate IT the movie?
    It is a very good movie in terms of characters and humor and the performances (Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise had MASSIVE shoes to fill and he did a very good job though Tim Curry is the creepiest pedo clown of them all). But the film's overreliance on jump scares and Pennywise jumping out of the darkness goes against it. It is a bit overlong too but overall I enjoyed it particularly because it has a heart and is not afraid to go into dark territories such as child killings, implied pedophilia, munchausen syndrome by proxy and the cycle of bullying.

7.5/10

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Just watched Interstellar. Yes I know, I'm very early to the party.

I don't know why I hadn't watched it earlier, really good movie, it's insane how Nolan comes up with these ideas. Was left dazed by the end. 9/10.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What happened to Monday

Impressive future sci fi - 8/10

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Just watched Interstellar. Yes I know, I'm very early to the party.

I don't know why I hadn't watched it earlier, really good movie, it's insane how Nolan comes up with these ideas. Was left dazed by the end. 9/10.
    Quiet a few of them come from Jonathan Nolan who deserves a lot of credit, he had written the script for Interstellar in 2007 and he also wrote a short story called Memento Mori which inspired the Memento movie directed by his brother. Jonathan has quiet the imagination and he makes for a great team with his brother + sister-in-law
    Last edited by shaz619; 18th September 2017 at 18:26.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quiet a few of them come from Jonathan Nolan who deserves a lot of credit, he had written the script for Interstellar in 2007 and he also wrote a short story called Memento Mori which inspired the Memento movie directed by his brother. Jonathan has quiet the imagination and he makes for a great team with his brother + sister-in-law
    Didn't know that, that's interesting.

The cast choices in their movies are also always on point. Am not sure if Mathew McConaughey won an oscar for it, but his acting really helped sell the story. Same with Heath Ledger in TDK.

Gonna watch Dallas Buyers Club next.