296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Please recommend something on netflix India
    Superhero- Luke Cage,Daredevil,Jessica Jones
    Laugh track comedy - One day at a time
    No laughtrack comedy Brooklyn Nine -nine,unbreakable kimmy schmidt
    Serious: House of cards,The Crown,Good wife,Black mirror,Fauda(Israeli)
    Desi- Siyasat,Brown Nation(English)

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    I might have seen them both but i dont remember the names haha
    Do you think Ajit has copied George clooney's look? Haha but he is cool.
    He was one of the first south stars to adopt the "Salt & Pepper" look that Clooney made so popular.Also one of the few actors who play his age, (maybe because he looks so great, he's of mixed ethnicity Sindhi + South Indian) ..

Read up on Ajith if you can, great personality , super humble guy, has had a parallel career in Motor Racing to go with his films.. (He raced in Formula 3 !)

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    You didn't like Diljit, for his first hindi movie he was amazing.
    Yes he was also pretty good in the film.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lion - 8.5/10 - The young Indian actors were superb! A very emotional true story but brilliantly made into a move.

Malcolm X - 9/10 - Classic.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Badrinath ki Dulhania

A lighthearted film which explores the serious topic of the dowry culture in India and how people discriminate against women and deprive them of opportunities.

Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan are very good in it and it's a decent film although I felt the second half dragged a bit.

7/10

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Logan..

Man what a movie.

Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shivaay.great action movie but weak storyline.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logan

Logan - 9.4/10

Wow Wow Wow

Greatest X-Men film ever, Marvel's greatest film !.. Even though X-men is Fox's & not MCU ..

Ties with TDK as the greatest comic book /superhero film ever (maybe even ahead of TDK) !

Career best performance from Hugh Jackman (potential oscar nod - yeah, it's that good !) and best ever Prof. X from Patric Stewart !

First of all, lemme get it out there, I'm hardcore DC. !! Bats, Sups and WW and JL beat the crap out of anything that Marvel has put out (I mean overall, Comics - Cartoons - Films ). Most marvel superheros were historically responses to the DC characters that came first (Batman-Iron man, Superman- Captian America, Deathstroke- Deadpool, JL- Avengers), which always gives the impression of them being under-powered imitations( generalization), EXCEPT when it came to THE XMEN !!!..

The X-Men for me, make Marvel so great. They are not Superhero's like the rest, just evolved humans, and people hate them, are afraid of them . Which is basically what would happen to super-powered beings in the real world.!

This grounded and in a way- realistic, depiction of powered beings is what made X-Men so riveting as a franchise.. and "Wolverine" is the de-facto X-men(man?) !. Pretty much marvel's greatest property alongside Spider-Man !.. Since Hugh IS "wolverine" his swan-song effort was always going to be hyped..

But it has far exceeded anything that I expected. "The Wolverine" (2013) was a pretty satisfying solo movie, but many people found it boring (lack of action maybe ..). But this movie basically acheives what "Wolverine" tried to do but fell short at .

First of all Logan is not a great "Comic Book Film " like the Avengers per se. , but its a "Great movie based around comic book characters " . Many people consider TDK more as a "crime drama" . In that sense "Logan" is a Road movie or a Western. The greatest thing about this film is that it hides the superhero/comic book feel so expertly within its fascinating story and its pacing .

The story is pretty much the best ever put on film involving any Marvel characters. Logan and Prof. X are the most fleshed out you have ever seen on screen, finally justifying the quality of talent (Patrick Stewart & Hugh) that have been playing them. It envisions a post- mutant society where things are very bleak, and Jackman portrays all the anguish and weariness of his ageless logan to perfection. Nothing less than an oscar nomination is appropriate for what he has acheived.!!

So does Stewart's performance deserve one. The Child actress playing the girl (Dafne Keen) is FABULOUS , in a role which could have ruined the whole film if she had sc**wed up. ! Very few child actresses have looked so natural in what is such a demanding(physically and emotionally) and mature role. !! There are no definitive villians here, more like circumstances .

Not that the movie is all talk and drama, it may feel a bit slow for a Superhero film , but when action appears, it really is worth the money you pay , and that "R" rating . The action is frenetic and incredibly violent ! The movie almost has a tarantinoesque feel to it, the way the violence appears on screen. You are shocked to the core whenever a death occurs, its brutal and gut-wrenching (unlike most PG -13 films were most violence happens off-screen or is easily side-stepped). Compared to the usual Hollywood blockbusters where we pass of each onscreen death as easily as a scene cuts-to another, this film makes you "feel" for each person who dies. Even the more smaller characters who die, except maybe some bad guys (who are cut up like plenty . This leads to some truly emotional moments , which elevate this movie beyond typical action-fare.

The movie has some really smart touches as well , in the action sequences as well as the humour which feels so natural. The director has done absolutely a fabulous job this time, and receives all plaudits for getting this movie made , even with a lot of initial reluctance from the studio.

Overall Logan is an incredibe cinematic effort , that has elevated Comic-Book cinema beyond plain popcorn entertainment. It is a movie to be talked for years to come and will be the gold standard by which all serious comic book cinema will be judged by for time to come. If it doesn't win atleast a few oscars it 'll be a indictment of the academy's aversion to popular cinema.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just saw Logan. Absolutely brilliant. 2nd best superhero movie I've ever seen after The Dark Knight. It is understandable if people are saying it is better since everyone just recently saw it and the brilliance hasn't worn off however it is a level below The Dark Knight which I re watched for must be the 20th time, a week ago. Nevertheless, Logan is an example to Marvel, DC and some of their idiotic fans on what a real good superhero movie is. To be fair Marvel movies are very predictable but at least they are mildly entertaining. DC keeps making garbage like suicide squad and then the clueless fans defend it saying, "It was made for the comic book fans." I am a huge DC fan but a movie has to be a good movie first and foremost.

Logan : 8.5/10 Brilliant movie. Watch it even if you aren't a fan of superhero movies or haven't seen any previous X-men movies.

She got a light-skin friend,look like Michael Jackson
    A dark-skin friend,look like Michael Jackson

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Not really a fan of other Wolverine movies but have to check out Logan. Sounds good.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Just saw Logan. Absolutely brilliant. 2nd best superhero movie I've ever seen after The Dark Knight. It is understandable if people are saying it is better since everyone just recently saw it and the brilliance hasn't worn off however it is a level below The Dark Knight which I re watched for must be the 20th time, a week ago. Nevertheless, Logan is an example to Marvel, DC and some of their idiotic fans on what a real good superhero movie is. To be fair Marvel movies are very predictable but at least they are mildly entertaining. DC keeps making garbage like suicide squad and then the clueless fans defend it saying, "It was made for the comic book fans." I am a huge DC fan but a movie has to be a good movie first and foremost.

Logan : 8.5/10 Brilliant movie. Watch it even if you aren't a fan of superhero movies or haven't seen any previous X-men movies.
    When The DK came out I watched it 2-3 times in the cinema and since then have watched it once. I get more of an urge to watch Batman Begins which I've seen like 10-15 times

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    @SandyB Should I rewatch the old spin off wolverine movies before seeing Logan?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Expected Logan to be excellent given its premise is based of the Old man Logan comics which made for an epic story arc

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    @SandyB Should I rewatch the old spin off wolverine movies before seeing Logan?
    You won't be affected either way.. If you want to get all the easter eggs and finer details of the references I'd suggest a small watchthrough of the original X-men trilogy and the 2 solo outings of Wolverine.

But even if you were an absloute novice to the Wolverine character, it'd make Zero difference to your enjoyment of this movie.. Its that engaging and so-self contained at the same time.. Catch it in IMAX if possible. It is not visually stunning like "Kong" but the visuals feel very much a part of the narrative, like a Tarantino film.. !

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expected Logan to be excellent given its premise is based of the Old man Logan comics which made for an epic story arc
    The script is Very Loosely based on that Graphic novel, VERY loosely..

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    You won't be affected either way.. If you want to get all the easter eggs and finer details of the references I'd suggest a small watchthrough of the original X-men trilogy and the 2 solo outings of Wolverine.

But even if you were an absloute novice to the Wolverine character, it'd make Zero difference to your enjoyment of this movie.. Its that engaging and so-self contained at the same time.. Catch it in IMAX if possible. It is not visually stunning like "Kong" but the visuals feel very much a part of the narrative, like a Tarantino film.. !
    Watching the original trilogy is a long thing I rewatched it before days of the future past came out as I was hyped for that but will leave it this time, am going to watch the 2 solo outings of Wolverine though

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching the original trilogy is a long thing I rewatched it before days of the future past came out as I was hyped for that but will leave it this time, am going to watch the 2 solo outings of Wolverine though
    They finally made a movie that does justice to the actual Wolverine character. Who was always the ultra-violent, conflicted and world weary character that he was in the comics, and not the kind of Leadership material goody - goody that the depict him as in the X-men movies.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    They finally made a movie that does justice to the actual Wolverine character. Who was always the ultra-violent, conflicted and world weary character that he was in the comics, and not the kind of Leadership material goody - goody that the depict him as in the X-men movies.
    Agreed, I felt the solo movies did a better job depicting the layers to his character; in the trilogy he had to be slightly gimmicky I suppose to sell the x-men concept

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Guys watch the new Deadpool trailer. On the cinema behind the phonebooth it says "Playing now: Logan" which is a nod to this spectacular movie.

On the phonebooth itself it says "Nathan Summers coming soon"

For those who don't know Nathan Summers is the son of Scot Summers (Cyclops). Meaning that a Cyclops or Cable (Nathan) movie might be in the works.

GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    830 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Badrinath Ki Dulhania

7.5 / 10

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A cat named Bob,

very nice heartwarming film based on a true story.

A positive feel good flick.

Dazzling the stage, Ginga Bishonen. Shinpathy!

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moana 6/10
    Animated, time pass movie. Liked the character of the demi god maoui (idk if that's the correct spelling)

The devil wears prada
    6/10
    Not a bad movie. Didnt bore me but didn't interest me too much either. Perhaps because It has to do with fashion industry and was too girly for my liking. Meryl streep was good in it.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When The DK came out I watched it 2-3 times in the cinema and since then have watched it once. I get more of an urge to watch Batman Begins which I've seen like 10-15 times
    Same here brother , I also love to watch batman begins and batman returns more than TDK

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Navdeep Srivastava View Post
    Same here brother , I also love to watch batman begins and batman returns more than TDK
    I loved those movies! batman and batman returns were excellent, they arguably did the character as much justice as Nolan but Burton's release was a lot more influential in the depiction of Batman. I feel like the origin story told in Batman Begins is possibly the best for any superhero character the execution was brilliant; that movie has so much replay value. Affleck's solo Batman movie has a lot of potential, am so excited for it! although am not sure if he is going to direct it now but he is going to be involved in the project beyond just being the lead character
    Last edited by shaz619; 15th March 2017 at 11:09.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kong : Skull Island

My Score : 8/10

One of the best monster movies since Jurassic Park 2 ! .. Leaves Godzilla (2014) & Jurassic World (2015) in the dust !!

One of the best looking films since Avatar !!

Kong : Skull island, is a popcorn hollywood entertainer. Make no mistake. It is no Logan, nor does it try to be. But what it does is that , it tries to be far more smarter and well made than typical hollywood BoxOffice fare..

The Hero of this movie is "Kong", all the oscar quality human cast is just making up the numbers. They have built the entire movie around him, as THE HERO of this film.. The first proper introduction of the giant Ape is done like how we usually introduce the hero in a typical South/Salman Khan potboiler film !! We are treated to scene after scene of Kond beating up the bad dudes (humans and other monsters) and we keep rooting for him !

The plot is fairly basic, but there aren't many holes in the script, also there is an attempt to tie it to Godzilla (2014) so that WB can set up a "Monster Cinematic Universe " like the MCU and have a "Godzilla vs Kong" showdown in the future !..

Samuel L. Jackson is pretty repetitive, still enjoyable as the Army general, Brie Larson (Oscar winner 2016) is wasted , so is Tom Hiddleston. There is the mandatory Chinese girl character, which is totally inconsequential, only done to ensure meet the criteria (Chinese co-production & Chinese acotrs) needed to get the movies released in China ! John C. Reilly hands down gets the best role, best lines and is the most interesting human character in the entire film !

Coming to the best part of the film : The cinematography & CGI aka, the visuals !!
    This is HANDS DOWN the best looking film of the past few years and pretty much the most stunning imagery since we felt watching Dinosaurs for the first time in the first Jurassic Park. !

Hiring a former indie filmamaker as director (Jordan Vogt-Roberts) surely helps, as he added some beautifully composed shots to this film.. As an aspiring photography enthusisast, I found many shots compelling , especially the ones involving Kong and the Sun !.. This is one movie YOU HAVE TO WATCH IN IMAX ! Totally worth the money you are gonna spend !

Also the movie's story is connected to the Vietnam war, so there are many intentional references to the epic "Apocalypse Now", in many of the army scenes as well as the visual style !.

The CGI is great , Kong is rendered in great detail by ILM, so are the other creatures, the fight scenes are superb ! Unlike the transformers films or godzilla , where we couldn't tell who was fighting who. CGI doesn't stick out in this film.. Which combined with the natural beauty of the scenery makes it a great watch. !

Watch it if you want some well made & smart and funny "Paisa vasool" hollywood fun, or wait out for the next MCU superhero flick or a Michael Bay crapfest for overblown CGI !

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved those movies! batman and batman returns were excellent, they arguably did the character as much justice as Nolan but Burton's release was a lot more influential in the depiction of Batman. I feel like the origin story told in Batman Begins is possibly the best for any superhero character the execution was brilliant; that movie has so much replay value. Affleck's solo Batman movie has a lot of potential, am so excited for it! although am not sure if he is going to direct it now but he is going to be involved in the project beyond just being the lead character
    Agree with you @shaz619 on all points ! Burton's movie was an incredibly bold step. ! Batman begins was pretty great too and I believe its more satisfying to comic Batman lovers than TDK .. But TDK gave superhero films a kind of mainstream & critical acceptability that superhero films rarely got ..

But I'm not sold on the Batman solo film though, I'd rather they do more Justice league films or WW sequels than ANOTHER BATMAN FILM.. !

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Agree with you @shaz619 on all points ! Burton's movie was an incredibly bold step. ! Batman begins was pretty great too and I believe its more satisfying to comic Batman lovers than TDK .. But TDK gave superhero films a kind of mainstream & critical acceptability that superhero films rarely got ..

But I'm not sold on the Batman solo film though, I'd rather they do more Justice league films or WW sequels than ANOTHER BATMAN FILM.. !
    You could say that I suppose and it got that acceptability because it began to take a swim in waters beyond the superhero genre in addition to how good it was off course, Unbreakable is seen in the same vein by quiet a few as well although it is not as well known given that it was an original piece of work while Bats is a part of pop culture.

I think it's exactly what we need if am honest, the market has become over-saturated with these gimmicky superhero teams/faction films I mean aren't people fed up of Avengers, Suicide Squad etc and now we have Justice League and Guardians of the Galaxy (this is a little bit of an exception as it's a bit different to the other movies I enjoy the comedic emphasis) around the corner as well. Solo films tend to allow for better character development with more depth given the focus on the lead, I tend to enjoy the narrative more as well; in movies where you have multiple leads and so much going on everything has to be perfect or it can all go so wrong as it did in suicide squad.

It has also been almost a decade since the last bats movie so the timing is right, I hope that DC finally hit a home run with the bats solo release; barring their movies in animation the live action stuff has been very average while marvel have left them in the dust.
    Last edited by shaz619; 15th March 2017 at 12:16.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Logan - 9.4/10

Wow Wow Wow

Greatest X-Men film ever, Marvel's greatest film !.. Even though X-men is Fox's & not MCU ..

Ties with TDK as the greatest comic book /superhero film ever (maybe even ahead of TDK) !

Career best performance from Hugh Jackman (potential oscar nod - yeah, it's that good !) and best ever Prof. X from Patric Stewart !

First of all, lemme get it out there, I'm hardcore DC. !! Bats, Sups and WW and JL beat the crap out of anything that Marvel has put out (I mean overall, Comics - Cartoons - Films ). Most marvel superheros were historically responses to the DC characters that came first (Batman-Iron man, Superman- Captian America, Deathstroke- Deadpool, JL- Avengers), which always gives the impression of them being under-powered imitations( generalization), EXCEPT when it came to THE XMEN !!!..

The X-Men for me, make Marvel so great. They are not Superhero's like the rest, just evolved humans, and people hate them, are afraid of them . Which is basically what would happen to super-powered beings in the real world.!

This grounded and in a way- realistic, depiction of powered beings is what made X-Men so riveting as a franchise.. and "Wolverine" is the de-facto X-men(man?) !. Pretty much marvel's greatest property alongside Spider-Man !.. Since Hugh IS "wolverine" his swan-song effort was always going to be hyped..

But it has far exceeded anything that I expected. "The Wolverine" (2013) was a pretty satisfying solo movie, but many people found it boring (lack of action maybe ..). But this movie basically acheives what "Wolverine" tried to do but fell short at .

First of all Logan is not a great "Comic Book Film " like the Avengers per se. , but its a "Great movie based around comic book characters " . Many people consider TDK more as a "crime drama" . In that sense "Logan" is a Road movie or a Western. The greatest thing about this film is that it hides the superhero/comic book feel so expertly within its fascinating story and its pacing .

The story is pretty much the best ever put on film involving any Marvel characters. Logan and Prof. X are the most fleshed out you have ever seen on screen, finally justifying the quality of talent (Patrick Stewart & Hugh) that have been playing them. It envisions a post- mutant society where things are very bleak, and Jackman portrays all the anguish and weariness of his ageless logan to perfection. Nothing less than an oscar nomination is appropriate for what he has acheived.!!

So does Stewart's performance deserve one. The Child actress playing the girl (Dafne Keen) is FABULOUS , in a role which could have ruined the whole film if she had sc**wed up. ! Very few child actresses have looked so natural in what is such a demanding(physically and emotionally) and mature role. !! There are no definitive villians here, more like circumstances .

Not that the movie is all talk and drama, it may feel a bit slow for a Superhero film , but when action appears, it really is worth the money you pay , and that "R" rating . The action is frenetic and incredibly violent ! The movie almost has a tarantinoesque feel to it, the way the violence appears on screen. You are shocked to the core whenever a death occurs, its brutal and gut-wrenching (unlike most PG -13 films were most violence happens off-screen or is easily side-stepped). Compared to the usual Hollywood blockbusters where we pass of each onscreen death as easily as a scene cuts-to another, this film makes you "feel" for each person who dies. Even the more smaller characters who die, except maybe some bad guys (who are cut up like plenty . This leads to some truly emotional moments , which elevate this movie beyond typical action-fare.

The movie has some really smart touches as well , in the action sequences as well as the humour which feels so natural. The director has done absolutely a fabulous job this time, and receives all plaudits for getting this movie made , even with a lot of initial reluctance from the studio.

Overall Logan is an incredibe cinematic effort , that has elevated Comic-Book cinema beyond plain popcorn entertainment. It is a movie to be talked for years to come and will be the gold standard by which all serious comic book cinema will be judged by for time to come. If it doesn't win atleast a few oscars it 'll be a indictment of the academy's aversion to popular cinema.
    Good post and agree with majority of what you've said but don't agree with Logan not being a "great comic book film" it's a BIG stereotype that comic books are made for kids entirely and are incredibly light in their tone, Wolverine is one of the darkest and grittiest of characters in the marvel universe and if you've read any of his graphic novels you'd see that the director did his origins justice and in the movie creators own words his vision was to "set frames that are descriptive, and evocative of comic-book panels" for Logan. There is no singular depiction of a particular character in comics, there are various incarnations which continue to evolve, TDK is often looked upon as taking a swim in waters beyond the "super-hero" genre when Nolan made heavy use of Frank Millers work but folk go on like his work was entirely an original piece; "comicy" does't = lightness, it can also be darkness when it comes to tone, depth and style.

Going back to Logan I totally agree with your rating (although you really wanted to give it a 10 that strategic 0.4 added to the 9 tells me you are being cheeky again), the genre doesn't end and begin with TDK; we also forget that Toby Macguire's Spiderman was incredible although it was released a long time so people forget it a little. TDK had a lot going on, as a package it was a masterpiece; but no character in that movie for me is more compelling then Hugh Jackman in Logan so while you'd enjoy TDK Logan would have you a lot more emotionally invested in the lead, his performance is definitely worthy of an academy award. Patrick was brilliant no doubt! what an emotional roller coaster ride, was tearing up by the end it's the ultimate pay off but my only regret is that this movie is evidence of the potential they had with the Wolverine character in creating something very edgy so perhaps the previous two solo's could have been so much better.

The action was simply outstanding! the fight scenes were brilliant! can't fault the director on any level, credit to the producers and writers as well they all did their bit to create a masterpiece.

You've mentioned everything but have also forgotten a small detail that the budget was only around $100 million!!! it magnifies their accomplishments. Going to watch TDK again but won't be surprised if I find myself rating Logan above it.
    Last edited by shaz619; 18th March 2017 at 00:31.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Saw the horror movie "get out". Really good movie. Refreshing to see something like this in a genre that barely has one decent movie a year now.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Look forward to watching Beauty and the Beast although it's annoying that I can't see it in the cinema anytime soon

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raaees By ShahRukhKhan >>>>> Amazing.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    @KingKhanWC @Adil_94

2pac biopic coming out this summer, that's the trailer

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @KingKhanWC @Adil_94

Looks really good but don't think itll be better or even as good as straight outta compton

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVOzMZ4IrMA

Trailer of upcoming biopic of Churchill

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Looks really good but don't think itll be better or even as good as straight outta compton
    It will be something in between the biggie biopic and straight outta compton

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @KingKhanWC @Adil_94

Woahhhh i dont think i have ever looked forward to watching a movie so badly as this one.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch a couple of movies in last two nights

The curious case of benjamin button
    6.5/10

Found it a bit boring although it has to be said that it was well made. Maybe your views also depends on the mood you were in while watching such a movie.

Manchester by the sea
    7.5/10

A good family drama movie. I liked it.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Woahhhh i dont think i have ever looked forward to watching a movie so badly as this one.
    It will be better then the biggie biopic but don't have really high expectations! I think it will be decent at best, the NWA movie was taken a bit more seriously and the folk who it was based on were heavily involved in the project to make it as raw, edgy and realistic as possible.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Anyone seen the new Power Rangers movie? any good?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be better then the biggie biopic but don't have really high expectations! I think it will be decent at best, the NWA movie was taken a bit more seriously and the folk who it was based on were heavily involved in the project to make it as raw, edgy and realistic as possible.
    Couldn't care less about the technicalities in this particular case bro. Because Its about freaking Tupac. I want to watch it so badly. Cant wait

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Couldn't care less about the technicalities in this particular case bro. Because Its about freaking Tupac. I want to watch it so badly. Cant wait
    Am excited as well in that sense but the writers, producers and director are average with a weak CV

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am excited as well in that sense but the writers, producers and director are average with a weak CV
    Damn!! Didnt know that. this better be the best work of their careers

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Damn!! Didnt know that. this better be the best work of their careers
    It better be or we riot! Kenya reached the semi-finals of the World Cup in 2003 and George Foreman regained heavyweight championship of the world as a 45 year old which he had lost two decades earlier to Ali in the Rumble in the Jungle! as the commentator famously would say "IT HAPPENED!" So it's defo possible and am optimistic now thanks to you perhaps a bigger budget and higher profile will bring out the best in them

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of furnace.pointless movie

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saw the horror movie "get out". Really good movie. Refreshing to see something like this in a genre that barely has one decent movie a year now.
    Yes I agree it was a great movie but not strictly "horror" in the sense of the genre.

More like a thriller exploitation type of movie.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Logan..

Man what a movie.
    Logan - 9.4/10

Wow Wow Wow

You guys must MUST watch Life.

Cannot emphasize how good of a movie it is - better than Logan IMO.

Watch it and let me know what you thought!
    @shaz619 @aliasad1998 @Syed1 @SandyB

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    You guys must MUST watch Life.

Cannot emphasize how good of a movie it is - better than Logan IMO.

Watch it and let me know what you thought!
    @shaz619 @aliasad1998 @Syed1 @SandyB
    WIll watch on friday

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    Yes I agree it was a great movie but not strictly "horror" in the sense of the genre.

More like a thriller exploitation type of movie.
    Very good nonetheless. A pleasant surprise in a dying genre

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WIll watch on friday
    Great - let me know if you like it or not!

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kung Fun Yoga, another reason for me to hate Jackie Chan movies. Felt like a big budget South Indian film with Chinese actors.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Network (1976) A movie which will always stand the test of time.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The Goodfellas - 8.5/10

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fantastic Beasts and where to find them 6/10

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hidden figures 8/10
    Rogue one 7/10
    Arrival 7/10
    Sully 8/10
    Fantastic beasts 7/10
    Captain fantastic 8/10

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    5/10

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logan - 8/10

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatoo View Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    5/10
    Dazed and confused was better,same team and made much more sense.
    Last edited by JaDed; 4th April 2017 at 08:45.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    K-Shop

A indi British movie

All I can say is that it features a kebab shop & lots of gore.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw "Ghost In The Shell" today

6.0/10

Interesting premise. Story is adapted (with changes) from the original Full length anime of 1995 . That "Ghost In The Shell" is considered a landmark film, which was the major influence for the "Matrix".

Stunning visuals, which I have read , is faithfully reproduced from the anime. Action is good, the movie doesn't drag. I haven't seen the original to judge the plot/story . But the story was interesting, though it lacked depth towards the climax.

Scarlett looks stunning , very fit . Apart from the costume (cybernetic body) her character isn't sexed up like a "Lara Croft", which the filmmakers could have easily done. I'm not sold on her action though. She doesn't look as great doing action as she did in the captain America films. And even that wasn't something noteworthy ..

The cultural whitewashing issue about this film, I feel is overblown, because the source material is an Anime which portrays its characters as multi-racial. So picking a white person to play the lead, isn't that horrendous, also the story is changed to explain that change. Still Scarlett's character tries too hard to appear Japanese, with her hairstyle and walking, which I felt was unnecessary . They could've played her as a white girl itself..

Overall a visually stunning, somewhat satisfactory adaption of what is considered a landmark source material. I'll watch the original soon .

Also : Try it in IMAX if possible, the visuals are worth it . !

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lion 7.5/10 Indian parts were better ,kind of felt they tried to hide that saroo was from a Muslim family.

Wish the story was on how its hard to deal with adoption of two kids with a past from far away than just him finding his biological mother.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    La La Land

It seemed quite ordinary for the first half and not very entertaining either up to the half time but then gained some relevance in the third quarter and finally, the final quarter dropped a "MOAB" on me and left me stunned. Suddenly, all of it made sense.

The following lines may contain spoiler

The movie left the ending quite open. The gist is that sometimes you have to sacrifice a lot to achieve your dream, and that could include anything related to soul or materialistic things. The both main characters achieve their lifelong dream yet it is uncertain whether both of them are satisfied or unsatisfied. The end suggests that they are relatively happy with their separate lives. Still, there is an indication that something is amiss.

And this haunted feeling leaves the audience mostly sad.

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fate of the Furious/ Fast & Furious 8

6.5/10

Few improvements aside its Same old, same old. This movie reminded me of what it felt to watch the last 3-4 seasons of BBC Top Gear with Clarkson, May & Hammond . We had the same squad, who we loved, they did things on screen what we loved but in the quest to make everything bigger , louder, more 'better', it started tiring you out . I felt the same with this film too .

It is not a bad movie by any stretch. Its just more of the same thing what we love, kind of like too much ice-cream ! People who love ice cream will keep eating it , no matter what !

Few observations :

1. Paul Walker was the soul of the franchise, his absence is clearly felt. Even though this movie is all about Dom (Vin Diesel) and his "Family..." thing , he still doesn't evoke the same attachment that we felt towards Paul walkers character. You could dump Dom in the next film and no-one would notice a thing, the franchise has truly moved on.

2. The Rock killed it !. You realise how limited Vin Diesel is as an action star after watching this movie. Even though the entire plot revolves around him and his actions, and all the characters actions are tied in to him, he still is outshone by both the Rock and Statham. I read somewhere that the biggest challenge the F&F series's writers faced was to make people believe that Vin Diesel could be as cool as the Rock in any possible universe

3. Chalize Theron was great as the villian. The series never had great villians, but she is a high point of the franchise

4. Stunts are bigger , more over-the-top than before, still executed well. But fatigue kicks in after some time.

5. Jason Statham has lot more screen time, as he joins the good side. He gets the best sequences and some of the best action in the film.

Overall its an enjoyable watch . Not great cinema, but as well made and delicious as a MCDonalds meal or a KFC bucket can get . You wont waste your money, its paisa-vasool .

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2

A very entertaining , very satisfying sequel - 7.5/10

Liked :

=> They've made it a proper space opera, almost a Star Wars of this generation . But feels smaller than star wars.
    => Has established a completely different identity from the rest of the MCU , and hence feels very fresh.
    => Stunning visual effects and picturisation. Great 3D. Worth the extra bucks for IMAX.
    => The humour and chemistry b/w the main cast . Its incredible, funny and very memorable. The best chemistry I've seen in an MCU film, compared to the ego clashes of the Avengers.
    => Kurt Russel is fantastic, such a badass guy !
    => Lots of cameos ! Not spoiling them. The will setup Vol 3 I guess.
    => Plot is is typical space opera fare, but the dialogue & character interactions are very well written .
    => Meaty roles for Yondu and the racoon (Bradley cooper). Chris prat is just one of the characters here. The supporting cast steal the show.
    => Uses music better than any big movie in along time. I don't mean the background score, but the tracks used.

Disliked:

=> Not as good as the 1st one.
    => Oft repeated plot .

We are actually feeling desensitized to comic book cinema after enduring this barrage of superhero films since the past 9 years. This movie is actually a lot better than most of those, but is likely to get under-appreciated.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Watched Crash the other day bit of an oldie but a goodie. Was quite a ride that one don't think I've seen any other movie like that. Highly recommend.

On another note saw Alien: Covenant as well earlier in the week. Not a bad watch.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alien : Covenant

6/10

Above average watch. Not convoluted like Prometheus but not even a patch on the original masterpiece.

Seems like Ridley scott's powers have waned. Nothing in the movie to really hold our interest till the next planned sequel .

Characters , especially the female lead are rehashes of the 1st Alien. There is a lot of gore and some scares, but doesn't have the horror /suspense of the first.

Best part : Michael Fassbender, he has the best role/roles (?) in the film, and by far the films best performance.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SL_Fan View Post
    Watched Crash the other day bit of an oldie but a goodie. Was quite a ride that one don't think I've seen any other movie like that. Highly recommend.

On another note saw Alien: Covenant as well earlier in the week. Not a bad watch.
    Ok will watch Crash this coming long weekend. Thanks for the recommendation.

GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    No worries champ. Fair warning beforehand tho might not be everyone's cuppa going by the reviews

It was kinda all over the place and at the end not really sure what to take out of it. But it certainly keeps you hanging all the way through. Expect the unexpected