Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 9 of 193 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 720 of 15394
  1. #641
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    22,853
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alvin and the Chipmunks

    Man that was funny!!!

  2. #642
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Nottinghamshire, England
    Runs
    2,055
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Eastern Promises last week which was really good. I felt it ended an hour or at least half an hour too early though. It revolves around Viggo Mortenson's character, who is the driver for the Russian mafia in London. Some lass at a hospital discovers a diary which in turn leads her to them (as a translatory medium), where she is unwittingly embroiled in their plotting, naively assuming that they are the elderly, repatriated gentlemen simply running a friendly, upper class restaurant that they appear to be. Their true nature is conspicuous to the viewer, of course, but the game of cat and mouse that begins the film quickly matures.

    Viggo stars as Nikolai, playing an almost unrecognisable character. He blows hither and thither throughout (in terms of his role rather than his acting performance), but his Russian is superb, as is his manner. Surprisingly, he portrays the foreign bad-*** immensely well, whilst maintaining a level of sophistication and charm that doesn't immediately betray the eventual developments in the storyline. In particular though, his naked sojourn into the local baths is one to look out for - one of the weirdest yet brilliant (though slightly homo-erotic, well more than slightly now I come to think of it) fight scenes in a film for a long time.

    To be honest, I enjoyed it but felt it lacked the extra half an hour that could have made it a great film. It was spectacular and concise, but a little too concise, and thus, it was only very good rather than great. Viggo can take credit for a truly great acting performance though. I haven't seen Daniel Day Lewis's performance as yet, but it must have been truly immaculate to better Viggo's, who commanded the screen in its entirety, and also had to expand beyond his seemingly more comfortable roles of the past to, firstly, become a believable Ukrainian, and secondly to go against his friendly looks and become a baddy (maybe).

    8/10.
    Last edited by Augustus; 2nd March 2008 at 21:48.

  3. #643
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    NJ, USA
    Runs
    2,983
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Eastern Promises as well and I thought it was spectacular. Viggo Mortensson was amazing in it and I really liked the story as well. It was a very good plot and I don't think I agree with Augustus that it ended early. The story was complete in itself. I am not sure what exactly you wanted to see. Do you think it needed more stuff after the end because I believe the movie's ending was very good. If you think it needed more things in the middle, then maybe I might agree with you on some issues. I give it 8/10.

    I also saw Enchanted, which was surprisingly, not bad. The story is predictable and is a conglomeration of other fairy tales. Amy Adams acted wonderfully well and carried the movie on her own through out. The songs are catchy and get stuck in your head for a few days which can be some what annoying. 7/10.

  4. #644
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    3,166
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    watched Semi-Pro last nite. I'm a big Will Ferrell fan so it was a must see for me. Its a typical WF film but i think it will appeal to a wider audience

  5. #645
    Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    25,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eastern Promises was probably the best new movie I have seen in few months - I don't watch new movies that much so I can't keep up to date but I bought this movie because the maker is from "History of Violence". I have to watch it again to really see what happend in the end as he was also working as a snitch or undercover so did he want to climb in mafia ladder or still be undercover.

    I am watching 3:10 to Yuma now. started yesterday so will probably finish it sometime this week. Looks interesting (well not boring which counts the most)

  6. #646
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    NJ, USA
    Runs
    2,983
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk diggler
    watched Semi-Pro last nite. I'm a big Will Ferrell fan so it was a must see for me. Its a typical WF film but i think it will appeal to a wider audience
    How would you compare this to anchorman? Is this like Dodgeball but with Will Farrel flavour or is the comedy more mature like other Will Farrel movies?

  7. #647
    Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    Princeton, Atlanta, Bawarchi Palace
    Runs
    29,327
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Semi-Pro is just bad. Just terrible. Worse then Balls of Fury.

  8. #648
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    3,166
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMLXXXII
    How would you compare this to anchorman? Is this like Dodgeball but with Will Farrel flavour or is the comedy more mature like other Will Farrel movies?
    Not as good as Ron Burgundy..."time for a bi-ligual blood fest!"

    You're spot on MCM it's more like Dodgeball, with two commentators offering their muses on each game. Woody Harrelson is a good comic actor so his inclusion def helps the film. Some very funny WF moments & dialogues, however, suprisingly there are a few serious/moral issue type scenes too. Overall 7/10

  9. #649
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    NJ, USA
    Runs
    2,983
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iZeeshan
    Semi-Pro is just bad. Just terrible. Worse then Balls of Fury.
    What are you talking about? Balls of Fury was awesome! I loved that movie! It is good to watch those kind of movies for a change. I think Balls of fury was very under-rated. But don't get me wrong here, it was still a mediocre movie.

  10. #650
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    3,166
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMLXXXII
    What are you talking about? Balls of Fury was awesome! I loved that movie! It is good to watch those kind of movies for a change. I think Balls of fury was very under-rated. But don't get me wrong here, it was still a mediocre movie.
    Right on MCM, these movies aren't meant to be critically acclaimed, just a good laff

  11. #651
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    Houston, TX
    Runs
    1,903
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little Children

  12. #652
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    7,832
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The Bank Job.

    'Pretty good, pretty pretty pretty good.' (my Larry David impersonation from curb your enthusiasm

  13. #653
    Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    7,156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Papillon (1973). You will forget Shawshank redemption and any jail dramas; just watch it.

  14. #654
    Debut
    Sep 2003
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    15,838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thMan

    I am watching 3:10 to Yuma now. started yesterday so will probably finish it sometime this week. Looks interesting (well not boring which counts the most)
    I thought it was pretty good but a lot of people I saw it with didnt but thats cause they were either female or ADD kids.

    Saw Superbad yesterday. Humour was often quite crude but despite its audacity and the absurdity of some of the stuff that was happening (well maybe because of it) it was hilarious at times

  15. #655
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Chicago, USA
    Runs
    4,682
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw Semi-Pro few days back. Was ok. Some of the parts were hilarious but overall it was dry and immature.

  16. #656
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    NJ, USA
    Runs
    2,983
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw There will be Blood and it was amazing. There is no wonder that Daniel Day Lewis got Best Actor Oscar for it. His character was so different from any other that I have seen. The movie was slow for the first half but it was important to show that side of his character too. I really liked the movie and also loved his acting, along with the acting of the priest who was played by that boy who was in Little Miss Sunshine. I would recommend this movie to everyone. I don't know why No Country for Old Men got the best picture Oscar. 9/10

  17. #657
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Lost Horizon
    Runs
    371
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Bee Movie the other night.....story line is more or less just like any other animated movie with the beginning introducing you to Bee world then an adventure and a happy ending and along the way the main character learnging some lessons

    Its quite colorful so kids must like it but what kids in the world are gonna get Jerry Seinfield humor..???

  18. #658
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    67,284
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    I'm watching bits of a film called Gandasa. Its a Pakistani Punjabi film where Sultan Rahi is insisting on walking around with an axe. In fact I think he sleeps with it too.



  19. #659
    Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    7,156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "My Left Foot". Daniel Day Lewis deserved every bit of that Oscar.

  20. #660
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    67,284
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    well tonight its going to be Saw 4. Looking forward to it.



  21. #661
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Venue
    South Africa
    Runs
    5,111
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Fools Gold" with Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey. Typical adventure film and the plot was ok. Spouse read the review in the paper and wasn't interested in watching it, but I enjoted it.

    "Sydney White" with Amanda Beard. Story about kid going to varsity and has to pick a sorority house and ends up with a bunch of dorks. Basically a cat-fight story.


    Peace in the Middle East!

  22. #662
    Debut
    Jun 2005
    Runs
    4,923
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan
    "Fools Gold" with Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey. Typical adventure film and the plot was ok. Spouse read the review in the paper and wasn't interested in watching it, but I enjoted it.

    "Sydney White" with Amanda Beard. Story about kid going to varsity and has to pick a sorority house and ends up with a bunch of dorks. Basically a cat-fight story.
    Yeah I am interested in watching this one as well purely because i loved Kate and Matthew's chemistry in " How to lose a guy in ten days ."

  23. #663
    Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    7,156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mulholland Drive. I hate David Lynch.

  24. #664
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Nottinghamshire, England
    Runs
    2,055
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've recently seen The Brave One, starring Jodie Foster as the vigilante determined to avenge the death of her fiance (whom you may recognise as Naveen Andrews, aka Sayid in "Lost"). Though I wasn't particularly enamoured with the idea of Jodie Foster as a vigilante, she fits the role really well, and her relationship with the various characters throughout the film is believable even within the context of her rather convoluted killing spree. It is by no means outstanding, but it's a good, solid film with a decent storyline revolving around humanity's least feared murderer - the vigilante. It's a bright, urban social analysis intertwined with the fantasy dearest to most of our hearts - revenge.

    7/10.

  25. #665
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Venue
    South Africa
    Runs
    5,111
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Fool's Gold

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaib Akhtar's Fan
    Yeah I am interested in watching this one as well purely because i loved Kate and Matthew's chemistry in " How to lose a guy in ten days ."
    Yeah, worth seeing. They do have that chemistry.


    Peace in the Middle East!

  26. #666
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    NJ, USA
    Runs
    2,983
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_game
    Mulholland Drive. I hate David Lynch.
    If you have any idea what that movie was about, can you please tell me? The movie was easy to follow until the last 20 minutes or so, then I lost all comprehension.

  27. #667
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    NJ, USA
    Runs
    2,983
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Michael Clayton and I must say that it was a good movie. The plot was interesting and I liked the idea. George Clooney is a "janitor" meaning, he goes around fixing and cleaning up their law firms problems. However, I think they could have made this story awesome (and I don't mean the Michael Bay kind of awesome). There was possible potential for making it cooler and more intense. As it is, the movie is kind of like a conglomeration of Erin Brokovich and The Firm. I give this movie 7/10.

  28. #668
    Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    7,156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMLXXXII
    If you have any idea what that movie was about, can you please tell me? The movie was easy to follow until the last 20 minutes or so, then I lost all comprehension.
    SPOILER ALERT:

    The first 2 hours were Naomi Watt's dream. The last half an hour was reality. End of story. Got it off the internet, I didn't comprehend it either on first viewing.

  29. #669
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    NJ, USA
    Runs
    2,983
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_game
    SPOILER ALERT:

    The first 2 hours were Naomi Watt's dream. The last half an hour was reality. End of story. Got it off the internet, I didn't comprehend it either on first viewing.
    Was it just a dream or was there some amnesia as well? Also, it seems like her charcter in the first part was good innocent girl and in the end that character was switched with the other girl who was in the accident. Is that right?

  30. #670
    Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    7,156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMLXXXII
    Was it just a dream or was there some amnesia as well? Also, it seems like her charcter in the first part was good innocent girl and in the end that character was switched with the other girl who was in the accident. Is that right?
    Watts' character was in love with that girl. Hence, what Watts saw in her dream was a perfect relationship with the girl. The director, who was getting engaged to that girl in real life, was in great trouble in Watts' dream (as in if you hate someone, you dream about them being hurt and in danger as that's what you wish for). In Watts' dream, she was a fantastic actress and had a rich aunt who left her an apartment to stay comfortably. In real life, her aunt was dead and had left her little amount of money to barely survive in California. There were lots of other little things like that in the movie; mind-numbing movie.

  31. #671
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,753
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So anyone seen "The Orphanage" yet? Have heard great reviews and is supposed to be a real scary movie. If anyway has, can they do a review without any spoilers?

  32. #672
    Debut
    Mar 2006
    Venue
    Karachi - Pakistan
    Runs
    1,292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan
    So anyone seen "The Orphanage" yet? Have heard great reviews and is supposed to be a real scary movie. If anyway has, can they do a review without any spoilers?
    go to www.moviespoiler.com for all spoilers...

    i watched Vantage Point...good movie but not that great

  33. #673
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,439
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan
    So anyone seen "The Orphanage" yet? Have heard great reviews and is supposed to be a real scary movie. If anyway has, can they do a review without any spoilers?
    Ye heard good things about this..it is foreighn though (Spanish). Produced by Del Toro. Have you seen Pans Labyrinth? Awesome.

  34. #674
    Debut
    May 2007
    Runs
    2,870
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will be blood - hated it. Miserable movie, so pleased No Country for Old Men won the Oscar, though have to admit, Daniel Day Lewis was masterful and deserving of 'best actor'.

    Jumper - utter rubbish

    Aim to see Vantage Point and Love in the Time of Cholera


    Imran Khan but Immanuel Kant

  35. #675
    Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    7,156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Midnight Cowboy" (1969). John Voight and Dustin Hoffman, a match made in heaven. Fantastic, fantastic movie.

  36. #676
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    NJ, USA
    Runs
    2,983
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by filosofee
    There will be blood - hated it. Miserable movie, so pleased No Country for Old Men won the Oscar, though have to admit, Daniel Day Lewis was masterful and deserving of 'best actor'.

    Jumper - utter rubbish

    Aim to see Vantage Point and Love in the Time of Cholera
    How can you hate there will be blood? It was 10 times better than No Country. I would even say it is one of the best films of the decade! That final bowling lane scene was one of the best I have seen. I love that movie. What made you hate it?

  37. #677
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    67,284
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    We watched a Bollywood film called laga chunari me dag

    It stars Rani Mukherjee and Abishek Bachan. Its basically about a village girl from a poor family who becomes a high class escort in order to raise money for her poor family.

    Average in my opinion.



  38. #678
    Debut
    Sep 2003
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    15,838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of my cousins were at an Indian mela and found an old Indian movie called "Ganga Jamuna Saraswati" starring Amitabh Bachan. We used to watch it virtually every other day as kids in Pakistan. Not sure why cause it certainly isnt what you'd call a great movie. And after watching it again it did seem very risque for young kids to be watching although I remember it was a bit censored and we thought when 'Ganga' gave 'Jamuna' body heat, he was doing just that. But it seemed she was a bit cold on the inside too if you get my drift.

    But yeah, we had a great time watching it, bringing back all these nostalgic moments

  39. #679
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    67,284
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daoud
    A couple of my cousins were at an Indian mela and found an old Indian movie called "Ganga Jamuna Saraswati" starring Amitabh Bachan. We used to watch it virtually every other day as kids in Pakistan. Not sure why cause it certainly isnt what you'd call a great movie. And after watching it again it did seem very risque for young kids to be watching although I remember it was a bit censored and we thought when 'Ganga' gave 'Jamuna' body heat, he was doing just that. But it seemed she was a bit cold on the inside too if you get my drift.

    But yeah, we had a great time watching it, bringing back all these nostalgic moments
    Daoud there is a lovely song in that film - Saajan Mera Us Paar Hai



  40. #680
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    58,908
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMLXXXII
    How can you hate there will be blood? It was 10 times better than No Country. I would even say it is one of the best films of the decade! That final bowling lane scene was one of the best I have seen. I love that movie. What made you hate it?
    Fully agreed - I didnt like No Country For Old Men, it was a decent BUT I found it to be dissapointing.

    There Will Be Blood was quality and Daniel Day Lewis was unbelievably good. He is a awesome actor, I hope he makes more films cos at the moment he really does take his time

  41. #681
    Debut
    Sep 2003
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    15,838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj
    Daoud there is a lovely song in that film - Saajan Mera Us Paar Hai
    Was that Shankar's Kawali? Considering how many times I've seen that movie Im pretty clueless about its songs.

  42. #682
    Debut
    Sep 2003
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    15,838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMLXXXII
    How can you hate there will be blood? It was 10 times better than No Country. I would even say it is one of the best films of the decade! That final bowling lane scene was one of the best I have seen. I love that movie. What made you hate it?
    While I will say I liked it, some of the people who I saw it with didnt. I imagine it was since it was quite slow and very dialog driven. I agree that bowling lane scene was incredible. DDL was positively frightening at times, especially right at the end

  43. #683
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    58,908
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daoud
    While I will say I liked it, some of the people who I saw it with didnt. I imagine it was since it was quite slow and very dialog driven. I agree that bowling lane scene was incredible. DDL was positively frightening at times, especially right at the end
    Yeah it was slow and it took a while to get going BUT some people just want films to be about guns, women and cars.

    DDL is immense - I still havnt seen his film My Left Foot (won an Oscar for it) BUT I hear he was brilliant in that aswell. I have seen In The Name of the Father and his acting was brilliant. I dont think he has ever had a bad performance, the guy gives it 100% and it shows

  44. #684
    Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    7,325
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ta-ra-rum-pum - was on tv yesterday.... so thats the last movie i have seen.

    quite funny and romantic... Rani Mukherjee looking hotter than usual but over done it on the 'usa born indian girl' role

    plus lots of cars and races and crashes... reminded me a bit of 'days of thunder'

  45. #685
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    8,031
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed
    Yeah it was slow and it took a while to get going BUT some people just want films to be about guns, women and cars.

    DDL is immense - I still havnt seen his film My Left Foot (won an Oscar for it) BUT I hear he was brilliant in that aswell. I have seen In The Name of the Father and his acting was brilliant. I dont think he has ever had a bad performance, the guy gives it 100% and it shows
    Exactly right. Also remember him carrying the movie, ''Gangs of new york'' playing the role of ''the butcher''. He was absolutely terrifying in that one!

  46. #686
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    NJ, USA
    Runs
    2,983
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last film that I watched was The Bank Job and this movie was surprisingly different from all other heist movies. It was based on a true story and was much darker than other movies. The focus was not so much on the heist, looting the bank was not what this story was about, it was more about getting away with it. I really enjoyed this film and would recommend it to everyone. It is set in the 70s in London and stars Jason Statham. I give it 7/10
    Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 17th March 2008 at 15:12.

  47. #687
    Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    7,325
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was gonna go see Bank Job last night but opted to play snooker instead!

  48. #688
    Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    25,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw "Even Money" and "Young Frankenstien" yesterday. Frankenstien one I have seen many times and it is great. Even Money is about gamblers, bookies and their problems. Not a bad movie but felt like a cable/TV movie except for the cast which was Danny Devito, Kim Bassinger, Forrest Whitikar, Tim Roth and couple of more

  49. #689
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    NJ, USA
    Runs
    2,983
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also saw Jumper over the weekend and I am glad that it was short. The movie was a burden to watch and contained very bad acting. The story line and plot were too thin as well. The movie was heavily dependent on special effects and although the fights were kind of cool, it lacked everything else. The cinematography was good at times as you got to see different points around the world and that was the only thing I enjoyed watching in the movie. I was severely disappointed by this film. The premise held so much potential. If they had developed the storyline further and set a darker tone, something like underworld where you have competing groups or focus more on sci-fi side of it. If your movie is solely dependent on SFX then you need to go all out Michael Bay style to at least appeal to that set of audience, currently the film doesn't appeal to anyone, even Rachel Bilson fans. 2/10
    Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 17th March 2008 at 15:12.

  50. #690
    Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    7,156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SameerM
    ta-ra-rum-pum - was on tv yesterday.... so thats the last movie i have seen.

    quite funny and romantic... Rani Mukherjee looking hotter than usual but over done it on the 'usa born indian girl' role

    plus lots of cars and races and crashes... reminded me a bit of 'days of thunder'
    Tara Rum Pum, in my humble opinion, was the worst mainstream Bollywood movie since the 2000's (and Days of Thunder was pretty crap as well. Always expect a desi to make crap out of crap!).

  51. #691
    Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    25,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched The War Within yesterday. It is about a Pakistani going to USA to do some terrorist activity. Nothing special to watch, just okay movie. There was a couple of minute scene in it where two Paksitanis were arguing just like on PP about good and bad of Pakistan and USA.

    Then started watching Amazing Grace. Should finish in a day but looks good. Apparently a true story about abolishing slavery in UK

  52. #692
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Higher State of Consciousness
    Runs
    13,258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched superbad.. not bad.


    Pakistan Cricket Needs You!!!

  53. #693
    Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    7,325
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scary movie 4 - where charlie sheen wants to commit suicide so he THINKS he is taking sleeping tablets instead he downs a tub of viagra! and then falls off the balcony and u can imagine the pain and the rest!!

  54. #694
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    67,284
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    I watched a film starring Tom Cruise called Lions for Lambs - utter rubbish. One of the worst films I have seen in ages.



  55. #695
    Debut
    Feb 2008
    Venue
    Kalifonya
    Runs
    1,494
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHONI183
    Jodhaa Akbar. A fantastic film .

    Is it really worth the DVD rent ? Thought its a bollywood remake of crouching tiger, hidden dragon.

    Skinny, calvin klein Akbar and a GREEN eyed lady Jodha.

    But well, its Bollywood..

  56. #696
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    11,792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just watched wall street for the 100th time probably, best film ever made cant wait till part 2.

  57. #697
    Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    7,156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suhaib
    just watched wall street for the 100th time probably, best film ever made cant wait till part 2.
    Michael Douglas was just amazing in Wall Street (No wonder he won an Oscar for it).

    Who said anything about a part 2 being made? Is this the same movie that I am thinking of?

  58. #698
    Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    6,861
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SameerM
    scary movie 4 - where charlie sheen wants to commit suicide so he THINKS he is taking sleeping tablets instead he downs a tub of viagra! and then falls off the balcony and u can imagine the pain and the rest!!
    the last few scary movie films have been just awful, completely bereft of originality.


    Up Up and Away..

  59. #699
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    11,792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_game
    Michael Douglas was just amazing in Wall Street (No wonder he won an Oscar for it).

    Who said anything about a part 2 being made? Is this the same movie that I am thinking of?

    the news came out last year, michael douglas will be back as Gekko, film starts off with him being released from jail and the film is about the hedge fund mania on wall street. unfortunatly bud fox the good guy has been droped from the sequel and oliver stone is not directing the new one.
    the title will be 'money never sleeps' gekkos favoirte line from wall street.

  60. #700
    Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    7,156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suhaib
    the news came out last year, michael douglas will be back as Gekko, film starts off with him being released from jail and the film is about the hedge fund mania on wall street. unfortunatly bud fox the good guy has been droped from the sequel and oliver stone is not directing the new one.
    the title will be 'money never sleeps' gekkos favoirte line from wall street.
    Nice! Thanks for the info.

  61. #701
    Debut
    Oct 2003
    Venue
    Neptune
    Runs
    25,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Battle for Haditha

    I saw this film last night. It's by Nick Broomfield and is about the events surrounding the Haditha Massacre when 15 Iraqi civilians were slaughtered by American marines.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haditha_killings


    Must see film. It is a bit depressing but one of the best films I have seen in a long time.

  62. #702
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Vienna
    Runs
    547
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i am kind of a movie freak!
    last movies watched are michael clayton,horton hears a who,the others
    and my all time fav movie is the Shawshank Redemption. any one heard of it??

  63. #703
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,439
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    and my all time fav movie is the Shawshank Redemption. any one heard of it?
    Na, never heard of it in my life

  64. #704
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Venue
    Pluto!
    Runs
    14,607
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched 'Sunday' yesterday...


    #JusticeForFawad

  65. #705
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Vienna
    Runs
    547
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter
    Na, never heard of it in my life
    well itz a masterpiece and not many people have heard bout it....so yeh!!

  66. #706
    Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    7,156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
    well itz a masterpiece and not many people have heard bout it....so yeh!!
    What are you talking about? Everyone's heard about it. Infact, I would say it's quite overrated.

  67. #707
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Vienna
    Runs
    547
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_game
    What are you talking about? Everyone's heard about it. Infact, I would say it's quite overrated.
    so whatz your favourite movie??american pie or superbad or like knocked up or da latest flick juno??
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; 30th March 2008 at 09:59.

  68. #708
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,439
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
    well itz a masterpiece and not many people have heard bout it....so yeh!!
    lool I was being sarcastic

  69. #709
    Debut
    Aug 2005
    Runs
    2,862
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched 'The battle for Haditha' last night.

    A very powerful and sad film focussing on the bloody massacre of innocent civilians in haditha.

    As Hash as wrote above, its a must see film

  70. #710
    Debut
    Oct 2003
    Venue
    Neptune
    Runs
    25,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif khan
    Watched 'The battle for Haditha' last night.

    A very powerful and sad film focussing on the bloody massacre of innocent civilians in haditha.

    As Hash as wrote above, its a must see film
    Indeed.

    The way in which the film was pictured (fly on the wall type of filming) made the film more realistic. I thought the acting was first class from everyone.......I read that much of the dialogue was actually improvised with the actors just being told the jist of the scene.

    Plus 'Hiba' was hot.
    Last edited by Hash; 30th March 2008 at 14:42.

  71. #711
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    5,995
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hash
    Indeed.

    The way in which the film was pictured (fly on the wall type of filming) made the film more realistic. I thought the acting was first class from everyone.......I read that much of the dialogue was actually improvised with the actors just being told the jist of the scene.

    Plus 'Hiba' was hot.
    In real life she is pretty large.

  72. #712
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    846
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

    6/10 nothing special

  73. #713
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    North West, England
    Runs
    2,480
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw the bolly film Race, had plenty of twists and turns but was really average, 6/10 in my opinion.


    "O Moses, indeed it is I - Allah , the Exalted in Might, the Wise." Surah An-Naml:9

  74. #714
    Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    7,156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
    so whatz your favourite movie??american pie or superbad or like knocked up or da latest flick juno??
    No. American Beauty, Godfather 2, Midnight Cowboy, Rainman, Deer Hunter, Magnolia, Being John Malkovich, Das Boot, Schindler's List, Goodfellas, and it goes on. You probably haven't even seen a quarter of the number of movies I have seen, so stop trying to act like a smart alec and go watch these movies first.

    You want to watch a jail drama? Go watch Papillon. Shawshank redemption is good indeed, but it's for juniors like you when you compare it to Papillon (which not everyone can digest).

  75. #715
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Vienna
    Runs
    547
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_game
    No. American Beauty, Godfather 2, Midnight Cowboy, Rainman, Deer Hunter, Magnolia, Being John Malkovich, Das Boot, Schindler's List, Goodfellas, and it goes on. You probably haven't even seen a quarter of the number of movies I have seen, so stop trying to act like a smart alec and go watch these movies first.

    You want to watch a jail drama? Go watch Papillon. Shawshank redemption is good indeed, but it's for juniors like you when you compare it to Papillon (which not everyone can digest).
    well i dont think so u got the subject of shawshank correctly! it isnt a jail drama itz a story about HOPE! and as it rightly says 'Fear can hold u as prisoner, Hope can set you free'
    some of the movies you mentioned are good and are landmark films but shawshank is a cult classic and here is the proof see the rating it is rated above all the movies u mentioned! here is the link..
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111161/
    and the sountrack of the movie is just awsome! it has a mozart touch to it!

  76. #716
    Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    7,156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
    well i dont think so u got the subject of shawshank correctly! it isnt a jail drama itz a story about HOPE! and as it rightly says 'Fear can hold u as prisoner, Hope can set you free'
    some of the movies you mentioned are good and are landmark films but shawshank is a cult classic and here is the proof see the rating it is rated above all the movies u mentioned! here is the link..
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111161/
    and the sountrack of the movie is just awsome! it has a mozart touch to it!
    IMDB is exactly why I said the movie is overrated. Papillon is about hope as well, but it's just more raw and gritty in nature (and thus not as easy to digest, although I tend to prefer that). Also, I think you need to be clear with the definition of the "drama" genre as far as movies are concerned. "Hope", my friend, is not a movie genre; it's a theme that ran through the movie.

    Next time, try not to be a smartass (American Pie, Knocked up, etc.). Cheers.

  77. #717
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Vienna
    Runs
    547
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_game
    IMDB is exactly why I said the movie is overrated. Papillon is about hope as well, but it's just more raw and gritty in nature (and thus not as easy to digest, although I tend to prefer that). Also, I think you need to be clear with the definition of the "drama" genre as far as movies are concerned. "Hope", my friend, is not a movie genre; it's a theme that ran through the movie.

    Next time, try not to be a smartass (American Pie, Knocked up, etc.). Cheers.
    well...if u say it is overrated u are actually a minority atleast on Imdb and yeh it is the biggest datebase on the internet and i never said hope is genre!!! i said the movie is about hope you said it was a prison drama! which it is not!!! subject and genre are two dfferent things!
    the moment u said shawshank is overrated what am i suppose to say??it is either your are a superbad fan or u envy itz rating on imdb and the later was correct!!

  78. #718
    Debut
    May 2007
    Runs
    2,870
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last Hollywood: Jumper - poor, hero was wooden.

    Last Bollywood: Race - left cinema with knotted neurons, someone should tell the Mumbai directors that a good movie only needs ONE TWIST!


    Imran Khan but Immanuel Kant

  79. #719
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    23,178
    Mentioned
    1012 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by filosofee
    Last Bollywood: Race - left cinema with knotted neurons, someone should tell the Mumbai directors that a good movie only needs ONE TWIST!
    Filo Khaala, Allah ki kasam, you have snatched words from my mouth. I absolutely hated the film ! I mean, every five minute and you see a new face of a character. It was as if you were playing a guessing game . So sick !!!!

    My review for Bollywood film "Race": five out of ten (I know I´m being too kind-hearted here) .


    "It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

  80. #720
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    5,295
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHONI183
    Filo Khaala, Allah ki kasam, you have snatched words from my mouth. I absolutely hated the film ! I mean, every five minute and you see a new face of a character. It was as if you were playing a guessing game . So sick !!!!

    My review for Bollywood film "Race": five out of ten (I know I´m being too kind-hearted here) .

    I quite enjoyed the twists and turns and the dark shades of characters. A bit like Eklavya- the royal guard, another movie I enjoyed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •