User Name Password
Go Back   PakPassion - Pakistan Cricket Forum > Off Topic > Time Pass

Share This Forum!  

Old 15th April 2012, 00:46
Local Club Regular

Debut: Dec 2009
Runs: 877
Conversion to Islam growing dramatically in Austria

Official records suggest a dramatic growth in conversions from Christianity to Islam, in the predominantly Christian European country of Austria, Press TV reports.

“We see that people have spiritual longing that they feel there is something missing in their lives, if there is no dimension, no horizon as to the hereafter, or where am I? Why am I here?” Says Mr. Bagajati, an Austrian convert to Islam.

Austria is a predominantly Catholic Christian European country of over eight million people with strong and deep historical roots in Christianity.

Many Christians express that they were disillusioned and had lost their faith in Christianity, and of course the recent recurring sexual scandals of Catholic Church has played a major role in their exodus, which at the end led to many of them convert to Islam, where they could find comfort.

Most non-Muslim, European citizens have always been presented with an ugly and awful image of Islam, linked mainly to extremism and fundamentalism, by the Western culture.

Meanwhile, Ms. Bagajati believes that it is the “perfect time” for Islam to show its “peaceful nature” to non-Muslims, in a time when the United Nations has expressed concerns over growing religious discrimination and violence against religious groups.

Estimations show that almost half a million Austrian Christians have converted to Islam since roughly two years ago, with the numbers of conversions keeping thriving.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/236028.html
Old 15th April 2012, 01:54
ODI Debutant

Debut: Feb 2011
Venue: DEVILs BASEMENT
Runs: 8,668
We shall conquer em all without a single bullet fired
Old 15th April 2012, 01:58
Local Club Star

Debut: Mar 2012
Venue: USA
Runs: 1,577
At first I thought it said Australia in the title and I was like

But still, Alhamdullilah, this is a very good thing!

Last edited by Lachrymose; 15th April 2012 at 01:59.
Old 15th April 2012, 02:58
First Class Player

Debut: Nov 2011
Runs: 2,786
How about giving the same opportunity to Muslims who feel dissatisfied with Islam and would want to get converted to another religion ? Why not abolish anti-conversion laws in Muslim countries ?
Old 15th April 2012, 04:04
Local Club Regular

Debut: Sep 2010
Venue: SD
Runs: 851
interesting read.

btw, there is a video in the OP's link
Old 15th April 2012, 05:17
World Star

Debut: Dec 2010
Venue: Court Room
Runs: 51,199
The message of Prophet Muhammad ( pbuh) would conquer all the hearts.

His prophet hood would reach acceptance everywhere. None can stop it.
Old 15th April 2012, 06:17
Junior Player

Debut: Apr 2011
Runs: 197
It is funny how people feel happy about conversions to Islam in non Muslim countries,when most Muslim countries have strict anti conversion laws.There must be plenty people disillusioned with Islam in Muslim countries but without an escape route.Kinda unfair on them
Old 15th April 2012, 08:43
ODI Debutant

Debut: Mar 2008
Runs: 10,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by msd89
It is funny how people feel happy about conversions to Islam in non Muslim countries,when most Muslim countries have strict anti conversion laws.There must be plenty people disillusioned with Islam in Muslim countries but without an escape route.Kinda unfair on them
Do you remember the dialogue by Sanjay Dutt in moie "Naam"

"Yeh One-Way street hai. Idhar se ghoos sakta hai but nikal nahin sakte"
Old 15th April 2012, 08:48
Senior ODI Player

Debut: Jan 2006
Venue: Yorkshire
Runs: 35,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator
How about giving the same opportunity to Muslims who feel dissatisfied with Islam and would want to get converted to another religion ? Why not abolish anti-conversion laws in Muslim countries ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by msd89
These are good points but I don't have time to get into this one at the moment

On a side note I can see why Christians are converting to Islam. Christianity is a beautiful religion to follow by yourself, but on the macro level it is unfortunately full of far-right views and corruption. Machiavelli wrote as early as five centuries ago of how the Christian Church was morally bankrupt. The Qur'an offers a refreshing perspective for the individual.
Old 15th April 2012, 08:53
T20I Star

Debut: Dec 2008
Venue: Norway
Runs: 20,384
MashaAllah.

Almost 6.25 % of the entire population of Austria have converted only in the last two years. That is just amazing!

And there must have been many muslims before this periode as well so I wonder what is the exact total per today. SubhanAllah!

Last edited by IAJ; 15th April 2012 at 09:01.
Old 15th April 2012, 09:03
Tape Ball Regular

Debut: Feb 2010
Runs: 348
Just had this question at the back of my mind.

To which particular sect will they belong i.e Shia , Sunni or Wahab. Do they have option of selecting from one of these sects.
Old 15th April 2012, 09:14
Tape Ball Regular

Debut: Mar 2010
Runs: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketiac

To which particular sect will they belong i.e Shia , Sunni or Wahab. Do they have option of selecting from one of these sects.
All depends on individual cases, who has guided them, which mosque they attend etc etc.
Old 15th April 2012, 09:54
Test Match Debutant

Debut: Nov 2007
Runs: 13,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAJ
Almost 6.25 % of the entire population of Austria have converted only in the last two years.
I doubt it.
Old 15th April 2012, 10:02
Tape Ball Star

Debut: Mar 2005
Runs: 1,164
What these stats never tell you is how many of these converts leave Islam after trying out the religion. I know many who found that it wasn't what they were looking for.
Old 15th April 2012, 10:31
Test Match Debutant

Runs: 14,548
500,000 converts out of a population of 8m? And all over two years? Am I the only one that thinks these numbers are seriously exaggerated?
Old 15th April 2012, 10:40
Test Match Debutant

Debut: Nov 2007
Runs: 13,425
I would imagine that Islam in Austria is growing quite fast, due in the main to Turkish immigrants.

In the UK, Christianity is growing again, due to the influx of Africans.
Old 15th April 2012, 10:44
First Class Star

Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 3,593
6-7% of Austria population are muslim
Old 15th April 2012, 10:53
Local Club Regular

Debut: Nov 2011
Runs: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator
Wonderful point

As for the OP...I seriously doubt the numbers put..Do you mind giving some other link...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777
Old 15th April 2012, 11:20
Local Club Captain

Runs: 2,415
press tv?

Last edited by carbon11; 15th April 2012 at 11:25.
Old 15th April 2012, 11:24
Tape Ball Captain

Debut: Apr 2012
Runs: 2,061
Islam is a great religion. But I think these numbers are a bit much.
Old 15th April 2012, 11:46
PakPassion Administrator

Debut: Oct 2004
Runs: 66,181
Ah yes - the source. Press TV!
Old 15th April 2012, 11:51
First Class Star

Debut: Jul 2010
Venue: London
Runs: 3,284
500,000 converts? In two years? In a country with a population of 8 million? Any evidence for these sort of numbers?

I thought not.

Last edited by Warfare; 15th April 2012 at 11:53.
Old 15th April 2012, 12:12
Test Match Debutant

Runs: 16,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down2Earth
500,000 converts out of a population of 8m? And all over two years? Am I the only one that thinks these numbers are seriously exaggerated?
Sounds like pinochios nose is getting longer...
Old 15th April 2012, 21:44
First Class Player

Venue: Younistan
Runs: 2,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
I would imagine that Islam in Austria is growing quite fast, due in the main to Turkish immigrants.

In the UK, Christianity is growing again, due to the influx of Africans.
Since Turks are mostly Sunni's, I assume that these must b sunnis as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down2Earth
I dont know, but yeah seems exaggerated
Old 15th April 2012, 22:33
T20I Debutant

Debut: Jan 2010
Runs: 7,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
I doubt it.
Let me go one step further and say its Bollox.... The source is mouthpiece of the Iranian Government.

They may have taken entire population of Muslims in Austria which vast majority are ofcourse immigrants.
Old 15th April 2012, 23:23
First Class Captain

Debut: Jul 2008
Venue: The UK's Faisalabad
Runs: 4,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenInG
Ah yes - the source. Press TV!
Indeed. Not the most reliable.

Old 15th April 2012, 23:32
T20I Star

Debut: Jun 2009
Runs: 20,463
While the quantity goes up , the quality seems to be going down . Allahu Akbar .
Old 15th April 2012, 23:57
First Class Captain

Debut: Apr 2009
Venue: Pakistan
Runs: 5,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney
While the quantity goes up , the quality seems to be going down . Allahu Akbar .
Not exactly a recent phenomenon, been going on for centuries. When the Europeans were basically little more than uncultured savages, Muslims were in possession of most of the scientific knowledge in the world. Fast forward a few hundred years, the Europeans were making Oxford, Cambridge and Bologna whilst the mighty Muslims were spending their wealth building Taj Mahals and Minars all over and the results of this stupidity are there for all to see. Muslims represent the lowest tier of the global food chain in economic terms, educationally, technologically, politically and militarily(all interrelated), to the point where there is not a single country with a Muslim population of 75% or more that has a per capita GDP above $15000 apart from the ones that have oil and they're even stupider than the poorer Muslim countries. 1.5 billion Muslims in the world, 12 million Jews, most of them in 3 countries(US, Israel and Russia) and the 1.5 billion Muslims don't have even a fraction of the power, money or influence that the 12 million Jews hold.
Old 16th April 2012, 00:00
T20I Star

Debut: Jun 2009
Runs: 20,463
^ Aap ka nuskha - Subah aur shaam rozana Zaid Hamid ki baataiN sunaiN
Old 16th April 2012, 00:02
ODI Star

Debut: Jan 2010
Runs: 24,068
Quote:
While the quantity goes up , the quality seems to be going down . Allahu Akbar
Speaking for yourself?

Those Jews are Zionist backed by Christian Zionists. The Zionist Jews also control banking. Orthodox Jews on their own are weaker than they ever have been in history.

I agree Muslims are weak today but imo it's due to a combination of cowardice and those Muslims who don't practice their religion, indulge in sin and still claim to be Muslims.

When Muslims start to follow Islam as they should change will take place for them. It's has already begun after 911.
Old 16th April 2012, 00:20
First Class Captain

Debut: Apr 2009
Venue: Pakistan
Runs: 5,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney
^ Aap ka nuskha - Subah aur shaam rozana Zaid Hamid ki baataiN sunaiN
Bhai cheeta hay apna. If nothing else, at least give the man credit for being a visionary, decades ahead of his time in terms of fashion and dress sense. 20 years from now, Lal topis would be all the rage and haters like you would get theirs. Some credit also needs to be given for his efforts to revive and maintain the centuries old, long forgotten but grand tradition of the village idiot(apparently every village had one in the middle ages). Off course we don't live in villages anymore so the guy took it one step further and took it upon himself to revive the tradition by becoming the first ever National Idiot. Should get some sort of award for bringing back such a grand tradition.
Old 16th April 2012, 01:09
First Class Captain

Debut: Feb 2008
Venue: Many Places
Runs: 4,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzeel
Not exactly a recent phenomenon, been going on for centuries. When the Europeans were basically little more than uncultured savages, Muslims were in possession of most of the scientific knowledge in the world. Fast forward a few hundred years, the Europeans were making Oxford, Cambridge and Bologna whilst the mighty Muslims were spending their wealth building Taj Mahals and Minars all over and the results of this stupidity are there for all to see. Muslims represent the lowest tier of the global food chain in economic terms, educationally, technologically, politically and militarily(all interrelated), to the point where there is not a single country with a Muslim population of 75% or more that has a per capita GDP above $15000 apart from the ones that have oil and they're even stupider than the poorer Muslim countries. 1.5 billion Muslims in the world, 12 million Jews, most of them in 3 countries(US, Israel and Russia) and the 1.5 billion Muslims don't have even a fraction of the power, money or influence that the 12 million Jews hold.
well i agree with the basics of what u wrote but stereotyping everyone with a Muslim label is not right ... turkiy and Iran are also two states with Muslim majority .

Iran right now is ranked at Highest science & technology growth rate in the world . It has increased its academic publishing output from 0.0003% of world's total output in 1970 to 1.3% by 2008 of the world's total output (~340000% growth in 37 years) while doubling its scientific output every 3 years . in just 2011 alone Iran Scientific articles published in major international journals numbered at an astonishing 33,000 .

In 2009 Iran ranked at 22nd by total scientific output 19th in mathematics output, 17th in computer science applications output 15th in nuclear technology output 28th in physics output 16th in aerospace technology output 17th in medicine output 13th in chemistry output 15th in nanotechnology output .

These are not claims .. these figures are r based upon foreign Western surveys and established ranking systems .

Our space program was launched in 2004 and in just 5 years we launched our first SLV ... we already have launched 3 satellites upto 370 km with 6 more Satellites on line ( 2 immediate ) ... increasing launch weight each time .... 7th and only moslim country in whole world to do so ... and 6th country to launch Animals in space . We have successfully performed cloning ( royana sheep ) ... GTL , Robotics , Nano tech , Stem cell R&D , Aerospace , Biofeul , Military research , Fiber tech , electronics etc etc .... we r expanding in alot of R & D areas and it has just been 10 years since we have started ... I am not trying to put up a competition with anyone , there are areas that we need to cover up or even adapt as totally new ... 15 years ago we were nothing and now we are alot and alot better ... consider the circumstances that Iran has faced in last 3 decades . The brain drain that we faced some 30 years ago has filled up because the generation that was born during or around the war has grown up ( me including , I am a Professional Researcher ) . If growth rates stay at a still for next 20 years Iran would be one of the leading nations in the world in science & technology .

Last edited by Qelic; 16th April 2012 at 01:11.
Old 16th April 2012, 07:28
Local Club Star

Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 1,329
there is no need to fight, just to win hearts, then all will be peace, thats what happened 1400 years ago,
Old 16th April 2012, 08:29
ODI Debutant

Debut: Mar 2008
Runs: 10,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzeel
Bhai cheeta hay apna. If nothing else, at least give the man credit for being a visionary, decades ahead of his time in terms of fashion and dress sense. 20 years from now, Lal topis would be all the rage and haters like you would get theirs. Some credit also needs to be given for his efforts to revive and maintain the centuries old, long forgotten but grand tradition of the village idiot(apparently every village had one in the middle ages). Off course we don't live in villages anymore so the guy took it one step further and took it upon himself to revive the tradition by becoming the first ever National Idiot. Should get some sort of award for bringing back such a grand tradition.
koi yakeen kyun nahin karta .... yeh baat zehen mein daal dijiye..