User Name Password
Go Back   PakPassion - Pakistan Cricket Forum > Sport > Cricket


Share This Forum!  
 
 
     
 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 27th April 2012, 14:42
Maximas's Avatar
Maximas Maximas is offline
Local Club Regular
 
Debut: Jan 2008
Runs: 901
Bangladesh captain wondered why India han't yet invited his country for a Test series

Rahim: India have disappointed us



Bangladesh cricket captain Mushfiqur Rahim, in an EXCLUSIVE interview with ESPNSTAR.com, wondered why India have not yet invited his country for a Test series.

By Rajarshi Gupta

Mushfiqur Rahim is mature beyond his 23 years. Captain of the youngest Test-playing nation in the world, the wicketkeeper-batsman is a shrewd strategist on the field and an avid thinker off it. His take on how Bangladesh cricket can move forward is clear and simple -- they need to play more international cricket, especially Tests, against the mightiest in the world.

Rahim’s is not an easy life. Away from the limelight, the Bangladesh captain has been busy with university examinations, where he is sitting for tests to clear his Masters finals in General History. “You know it is difficult to manage studies and play cricket. All those international tours and the cricket at home do not make it easy but I want to do well in studies too.

“My parents always keep telling me ‘you never know if you would still be a cricketer tomorrow, so you must complete your studies’,” Rahim says before settling down for a long interview.

Excerpts:

Rajarshi Gupta: Still basking in the glory of the Asia Cup success?

Mushfiqur Rahim: We did not expect this success. The fact that we managed to go through to the final was a great satisfaction. Thing is, we wanted to take it one game at a time. There were three other world-class teams and there was India, the world champions. Defeating them and Sri Lanka and going to the final was a great feat.

RG: You reached the Asia Cup finals, whitewashed New Zealand at home and have some sporadic successes elsewhere. Does it hurt to be still tagged as underdogs?
MR: Yes it does but to be honest, we have not delivered to our potential. We play good cricket in one series and then play poorly in the next. Bangladesh as a team would need to play consistent cricket so that the big boys start respecting us well. We definitely need to start performing well on a more regular basis.

RG: You should because you have a great team -- a good mix of youth and experience.

MR: We do indeed. There is great balance in the side. If you look right through the order, we have the likes of Mashrafe Mortaza, Shakib al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal, all proven performers. Mortaza, on his comeback tournament at the Asia Cup, did very well. Jahurul Islam, a young batsman, has been good for us too. Then we have Abdul Razzak, a fine left-arm spinner, who has been brilliant. I am happy with my team.

RG: Unlike the Indian team, where the captain reportedly had problems with his seniors, you seem to get along fine with the experienced hands.

MR: Well, that’s because we are a very professional unit. Most of us have known each other for a very long time. Tamim, Shakib and I played junior-level cricket together so all that helps us bond like a family. At the end of the day, we are playing for our country, a country we are very proud of. The senior players help me a lot – in fact, not just me, when Shakib was captain they were there for him too. The spirit in the team is excellent.

RG: Despite the Asia Cup, despite a good team, you must be disappointed at the lack of opportunities to play Test cricket.
MR: Test cricket is the real deal. The more we play, the better we would get. There are so many areas we need to work on. We have been dropping catches and it has been a combination of problems in the batting and bowling departments that have let us down. But how can we correct all that if we regroup after five years to play Test matches? We should be involved with Test cricket every two months so that we iron out those problems. It is three sessions a day and we need to learn how to concentrate over that period. It is sad we haven’t got the chance to play Tests as regularly as we would like.

RG: Your neighbours -- India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan -- have not helped either. They don’t seem to be interested in playing Test cricket with Bangladesh.
MR: I am especially disappointed with India. It has been almost 12 years since we got Test status and India have not invited us for a single series. If we do not play with the big boys, there would be little scope to improve. It would be nice to play Test cricket against the likes of India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

RG: Even South Africa refused to come down to Bangladesh. That must have hurt.

MR: That was frustrating too. We were looking forward to playing the Proteas before the World Twenty20 as we don’t have much cricket scheduled till the tournament. That is where we risk breaking our rhythm. We did so well at the Asia Cup but there is suddenly no international cricket for us now. Well, if the South Africans decided not to come, that is their decision. But I am sure they would have some plans before the World Twenty20 and so would we.

RG: The Pakistan trip would have been nice preparation. You came so close to beating them twice during the Asia Cup. But that tour is not happening either.
MR: There is some problem in Pakistan and a bit of uncertainty. The Bangladesh Cricket Board and the International Cricket Council must have come to a decision after giving it a good thought. But as players we would want to go anywhere in the world and just play. As long as we are not sitting at home, we are happy to go anywhere. But then, our families are obviously worried about our safety so it is important to ensure good security to countries we tour.

RG: Bangladesh may not be playing any international cricket and you are obviously peeved with India but you must also be happy with IPL’s new-found fondness for Bangladeshi cricketers.
MR: I am really happy for Tamim and Shakib and am sure the teams would realise their importance as the tournament goes on. And I hope that not just me but other players from Bangladesh get to play in the IPL -- it’s a great tournament to be part of.

RG: Your captaincy has drawn a lot of acclaim. You are seen as someone who does not shy away from taking a few risks. In other words, a complete captain. Not bad for a 23-year-old.

MR: If you want to beat the big boys, you have to contain them and plan well. For instance, during the Asia Cup, we had plans for every big player. If you have good batsmen and bowlers around you, it easy to execute those plans. At the end of the day, what they say is true -- a captain is as good as his team. Like I said earlier, I have a good team.

RG: Stuart Law resigning as Bangladesh coach must have been a big blow.
MR: That was a bit harsh on the team. Law did a great job with us and we were emerging as a unit under him. But we understand that. He had some problems with his family so he had to go back to Australia and we respect that. I wish he is successful in his next endeavour.

RG: Sachin Tendulkar got his 100th hundred against Bangladesh but you still won. That must have been a fine moment for you as a captain. You led from the front in the chase.

MR: We are actually proud that Sachin Tendulkar got his landmark century against us. He is a legend, a great player. What made it sweeter was the fact that we won that game. During the presentation ceremony, we congratulated Sachin on his ton.
__________________
Its all part of My Manly Essence
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 27th April 2012, 14:52
doctordamor doctordamor is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Aug 2011
Runs: 1,404
Quote:
RG: Your neighbours -- India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan -- have not helped either. They don’t seem to be interested in playing Test cricket with Bangladesh.
MR: I am especially disappointed with India. It has been almost 12 years since we got Test status and India have not invited us for a single series. If we do not play with the big boys, there would be little scope to improve. It would be nice to play Test cricket against the likes of India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
On the contrary Pak has given them home and away series, we just whitewashed u buddy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 27th April 2012, 15:07
Gotham Cronie's Avatar
Gotham Cronie Gotham Cronie is offline
PakPassion Moderator
 
Debut: Jun 2006
Runs: 13,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximas
MR:We are actually proud that Sachin Tendulkar got his landmark century against us. He is a legend, a great player. What made it sweeter was the fact that we won that game. During the presentation ceremony, we congratulated Sachin on his ton.
What the?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 27th April 2012, 15:21
DeadlyVenom DeadlyVenom is offline
Test Match Debutant
 
Debut: Jul 2010
Runs: 14,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximas
[B][SIZE="4"]

Excerpts:

Rajarshi Gupta: Still basking in the glory of the Asia Cup success?

Mushfiqur Rahim: We did not expect this success.


Success is losing in a final? Bangladeshis have such a loser mentality.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 27th April 2012, 15:29
Gotham Cronie's Avatar
Gotham Cronie Gotham Cronie is offline
PakPassion Moderator
 
Debut: Jun 2006
Runs: 13,568
P.S. Rahim can ask his question here:

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...d.php?t=132197

#shamelessplug
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 27th April 2012, 15:30
khalil1986 khalil1986 is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Feb 2009
Venue: UK
Runs: 8,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham Cronie
What the?
Pathetic statement really LOL
__________________
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 27th April 2012, 15:41
khanz141's Avatar
khanz141 khanz141 is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Nov 2007
Venue: philadelphia
Runs: 1,669
Pakistan is the only country to be constantly inviting them and going over to Banladesh for series after series, but i guess these journalists don't do any homework or they just purposely try to ignore some facts. Such unappreciative people these.
__________________
Imran Khan - Real king khan to lead Pakistan to glory
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 27th April 2012, 16:05
Dolphins Dolphins is offline
Tape Ball Regular
 
Debut: Mar 2012
Venue: Mars
Runs: 511
I thought it was only the BD government that bent over for India but it seems like their people love doing that too.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 27th April 2012, 16:14
insaan's Avatar
insaan insaan is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Apr 2012
Runs: 1,353
IS Bindra, of BCCI has said long time ago Bangladesh would be afforded "meal allowance only" if they were ever to take part in a Test series in India. That was a pathetic comment then.

India must invite Bangladesh soon. Even for a one off Test. Even if not for cricketing reasons, then for political reasons.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 27th April 2012, 16:38
abdulhafeez306 abdulhafeez306 is offline
Tape Ball Star
 
Debut: Sep 2011
Runs: 1,027
In an era in which everyone wants to play India why would India invite Bangladesh for a test series? It makes no financial sense for them. Bangladesh will not draw big crowds like Australia England South Africa and even Pakistan would.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 27th April 2012, 16:41
straightdrive1's Avatar
straightdrive1 straightdrive1 is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Nov 2011
Runs: 1,503
Quote:
We are actually proud that Sachin Tendulkar got his landmark century against us.
__________________
"People Laugh At Me Because I'm Different,I Laugh At Them Because They Are All The Same"

Last edited by straightdrive1; 27th April 2012 at 16:43.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 27th April 2012, 16:41
straightdrive1's Avatar
straightdrive1 straightdrive1 is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Nov 2011
Runs: 1,503
Quote:
Your neighbours -- India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan -- have not helped either. They don’t seem to be interested in playing Test cricket with Bangladesh.
Because we all know what the result will be.....
__________________
"People Laugh At Me Because I'm Different,I Laugh At Them Because They Are All The Same"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 27th April 2012, 16:43
madaboutcricket madaboutcricket is offline
Tape Ball Star
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulhafeez306
In an era in which everyone wants to play India why would India invite Bangladesh for a test series? It makes no financial sense for them. Bangladesh will not draw big crowds like Australia England South Africa and even Pakistan would.
absolutely spot on. They have not host Zimbabwe as well not just bangladesh.

People here mentioend India having more series with SL at home which is plain wrong. India have more test series with Aus/SA at home in the last 5 to 8 yrs than any other opponent.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 27th April 2012, 16:58
trogger trogger is offline
Local Club Captain
 
Debut: Aug 2011
Runs: 2,225
err maybe because india were one of the driving forces behind Bangladesh premature entry in test cricket, it seems ridiculous they pushed so hard for them to be a test nation and yet won't play them just makes it painfully obvious they were more interested in another Asian team having a full vote at ICC level than actually helping Bangladesh cricket.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 27th April 2012, 17:00
Legend Killer's Avatar
Legend Killer Legend Killer is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Aug 2008
Venue: Toronto, Canada
Runs: 5,300
The BD fans were mocking Pakistan because no team wants to play us at home because of the security issues, but look at BD no one wants to play their team even in their own home or a neutral venue .
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 27th April 2012, 17:07
madaboutcricket madaboutcricket is offline
Tape Ball Star
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
The BD fans were mocking Pakistan because no team wants to play us at home because of the security issues, but look at BD no one wants to play their team even in their own home or a neutral venue .
nope you are wrong. England just toured Bangladesh a few months ago and also every other country has hosted Bangladesh. Now they are not playing any series as many of the teams are not ready to play any bilateral series due to IPL. But Pakistan's case is different, no one is ready to tour Pakistan.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 27th April 2012, 17:11
Legend Killer's Avatar
Legend Killer Legend Killer is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Aug 2008
Venue: Toronto, Canada
Runs: 5,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutcricket
nope you are wrong. England just toured Bangladesh a few months ago and also every other country has hosted Bangladesh. Now they are not playing any series as many of the teams are not ready to play any bilateral series due to IPL. But Pakistan's case is different, no one is ready to tour Pakistan.
When was the last time India, Australia or South AFrica hosted BD(the only reason England hosted bd was because it was a part of the FTP) ? yeah the security situation in Pakistan is not great at the moment but its just a matter of time before it improves. And on the other hand the BD cricket team has been poor since the last two decade or so and it doesn't look like that will change.

Last edited by Legend Killer; 27th April 2012 at 17:12.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 27th April 2012, 17:20
Zaz's Avatar
Zaz Zaz is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Jan 2009
Runs: 12,120
India is no ones friend rahim esp bangladeshs

You mightve just lost the only friend who gave your cricket any time of the day - pakistan
__________________
If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 27th April 2012, 17:20
Zaz's Avatar
Zaz Zaz is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Jan 2009
Runs: 12,120
India is no ones friend rahim esp bangladeshs

You mightve just lost the only friend who gave your cricket any time of the day - pakistan
__________________
If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 27th April 2012, 17:22
madaboutcricket madaboutcricket is offline
Tape Ball Star
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
When was the last time India, Australia or South AFrica hosted BD(the only reason England hosted bd was because it was a part of the FTP) ? yeah the security situation in Pakistan is not great at the moment but its just a matter of time before it improves. And on the other hand the BD cricket team has been poor since the last two decade or so and it doesn't look like that will change.
But India, Australia and SA have been touring Bangladesh regularly. Australia and SA hosted Bangla a few yrs ago. Only India have never hosted Bangladesh because BCCI would not be making much money out of the test series with Bangladesh. Its like asking a contractor who makes 1000$ per hour to work for 100$ per hour. although he would be still making 100$ per hour which is better than nothing, But if he has got several contracts for 1000$ per hr from other companies, obviously he would choose one of those companies that pays more. Bangladesh board very well understand this. thats why they have not made it big. as long as India tour them once in a while which would fill their bankroll enough to run for a few years, they should not have any complaints.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 27th April 2012, 17:29
DRS's Avatar
DRS DRS is offline
Tape Ball Star
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 1,019
@ the title

As if you are reigning world champions
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 27th April 2012, 17:29
freelance_cricketer's Avatar
freelance_cricketer freelance_cricketer is offline
T20I Captain
 
Debut: Jan 2011
Venue: Chandigarh, Punjab
Runs: 44,625
Him being proud of Tendulkar hundred is quite understandable. Tendulkar made a Bangladesh involving match piece of history.
__________________
Rise Above Hate
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 27th April 2012, 17:29
madaboutcricket madaboutcricket is offline
Tape Ball Star
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaz
India is no ones friend rahim esp bangladeshs

You mightve just lost the only friend who gave your cricket any time of the day - pakistan
lol. there is no real friendship in business. as long as you could get benefit through relationship with other person/company/board, you would like to continue on that. Otherwise just break it and move on. Now cricket is run like business as players are not playing for free. Administrators cant run the board without money. people have to spend money to watch the game these days.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 27th April 2012, 17:31
The Muppets XI's Avatar
The Muppets XI The Muppets XI is offline
Tape Ball Star
 
Debut: Apr 2011
Runs: 1,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanz141
Pakistan is the only country to be constantly inviting them and going over to Banladesh for series after series, but i guess these journalists don't do any homework or they just purposely try to ignore some facts. Such unappreciative people these.
Lol. Its one thing the Journalist hasn't done his homework. What about the Captain? Has he got amnesia as a result of his Asia Cup glory. He played Pakistan only last December and was invited over to play them again this month. So why not mention it.

And for Sachins century
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 27th April 2012, 17:45
Sherlock's Avatar
Sherlock Sherlock is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Apr 2010
Runs: 8,531
Maybe because Bangladesh aren't a big draw for the Indian crowds and TV ratings #Clever-clogs
__________________
Quote:
"A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination." R.I.P Nelson Mandela.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 27th April 2012, 18:23
shahrukh619 shahrukh619 is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Apr 2010
Venue: Brampton/Islamabad/Rawalpindi
Runs: 11,236
Quote:
Rahim’s is not an easy life. Away from the limelight, the Bangladesh captain has been busy with university examinations, where he is sitting for tests to clear his Masters finals in General History. “You know it is difficult to manage studies and play cricket. All those international tours and the cricket at home do not make it easy but I want to do well in studies too.
“My parents always keep telling me ‘you never know if you would still be a cricketer tomorrow, so you must complete your studies’,” Rahim says before settling down for a long interview.
Everyone wants to be smart as Misbah now adays
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 27th April 2012, 18:57
Gotham Cronie's Avatar
Gotham Cronie Gotham Cronie is offline
PakPassion Moderator
 
Debut: Jun 2006
Runs: 13,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulhafeez306
In an era in which everyone wants to play India why would India invite Bangladesh for a test series? It makes no financial sense for them. Bangladesh will not draw big crowds like Australia England South Africa and even Pakistan would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutcricket
But India, Australia and SA have been touring Bangladesh regularly. Australia and SA hosted Bangla a few yrs ago. Only India have never hosted Bangladesh because BCCI would not be making much money out of the test series with Bangladesh. Its like asking a contractor who makes 1000$ per hour to work for 100$ per hour. although he would be still making 100$ per hour which is better than nothing, But if he has got several contracts for 1000$ per hr from other companies, obviously he would choose one of those companies that pays more. Bangladesh board very well understand this. thats why they have not made it big. as long as India tour them once in a while which would fill their bankroll enough to run for a few years, they should not have any complaints.
So teams should only host other countries if they will make money?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 27th April 2012, 19:07
mastermind_quad's Avatar
mastermind_quad mastermind_quad is offline
Test Match Debutant
 
Debut: Feb 2010
Venue: Delhi,India
Runs: 14,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham Cronie
So teams should only host other countries if they will make money?
That's BCCI policy....money money and money.
__________________

People fight for Religion
People die for Religion
But
People do not follow the Religion
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 27th April 2012, 19:10
madaboutcricket madaboutcricket is offline
Tape Ball Star
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham Cronie
So teams should only host other countries if they will make money?
I know its not fair. but thats how it has been going on for long long time. Check the history, check how many times Aus/Eng hosted or toured India when Indian board was poor and cricket was not really very popular in India? Now check how often do they want to tour India or want india to visit them once Indian board became rich. Its all money.

Why is this like Australia and England want to play 5 test series between them once in every two years, but for the other teams they played once in several years. WI is the only other team they played 5 match series with more regularly compared to other poor teams, because WI was the number 1 team during 80s, hence they wanted to make money of that popularity. its all money. So its hypocrisy of the highest order if ECB/AUS blame BCCI for trying to make more money.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 27th April 2012, 19:13
madaboutcricket madaboutcricket is offline
Tape Ball Star
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind_quad
That's BCCI policy....money money and money.
not just BCCI, every team which has power. even WI team when they were no 1, when they had more demand, their players opted out India tour or their board was reluctant to tour India because India team was poor, board was poor, country was even doing worse.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 27th April 2012, 19:18
mastermind_quad's Avatar
mastermind_quad mastermind_quad is offline
Test Match Debutant
 
Debut: Feb 2010
Venue: Delhi,India
Runs: 14,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutcricket
not just BCCI, every team which has power. even WI team when they were no 1, when they had more demand, their players opted out India tour or their board was reluctant to tour India because India team was poor, board was poor, country was even doing worse.
Money is the necessity too..

But I think BCCI have in abundance.....
__________________

People fight for Religion
People die for Religion
But
People do not follow the Religion
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 27th April 2012, 19:28
Senman Senman is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Apr 2012
Venue: Chennai
Runs: 3,825
BCCI needs to give Bangladesh its due, they are waiting for a very long time. I can totally relate with M.Rahim, his concerns are very valid and need to be addressed by BCCI.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 27th April 2012, 19:33
madaboutcricket madaboutcricket is offline
Tape Ball Star
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind_quad
Money is the necessity too..

But I think BCCI have in abundance.....
ECB too had a lot. did they stop making money through ashes?or added more series against other teams? nope.

We never know dude. no one thought BCCI would be this much rich 20 yrs ago. at the same time, we never know 10 yrs down the line, maybe Pakistan might become super rich and BCCI might be begging for a series against them. anything is possible. so better to make as much while you have an oppurtunity.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 27th April 2012, 19:41
Gotham Cronie's Avatar
Gotham Cronie Gotham Cronie is offline
PakPassion Moderator
 
Debut: Jun 2006
Runs: 13,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind_quad
That's BCCI policy....money money and money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutcricket
I know its not fair. but thats how it has been going on for long long time. Check the history, check how many times Aus/Eng hosted or toured India when Indian board was poor and cricket was not really very popular in India? Now check how often do they want to tour India or want india to visit them once Indian board became rich. Its all money.

Why is this like Australia and England want to play 5 test series between them once in every two years, but for the other teams they played once in several years. WI is the only other team they played 5 match series with more regularly compared to other poor teams, because WI was the number 1 team during 80s, hence they wanted to make money of that popularity. its all money. So its hypocrisy of the highest order if ECB/AUS blame BCCI for trying to make more money.
Well I'm glad not all boards think like the BCCI or else the PCB would never host teams in the UAE, AUS wouldn't host countries like PAK, NZ, or WI, etc...

We could just watch IND vs SA vs ENG vs SA all year around.

Oh, and by your logic, I guess AUS should stop hosting India as well.

http://post.jagran.com/Australian-de...nue-1326884284
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 27th April 2012, 20:07
Itachi's Avatar
Itachi Itachi is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Jun 2011
Venue: Delhi
Runs: 6,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham Cronie
Well I'm glad not all boards think like the BCCI or else the PCB would never host teams in the UAE, AUS wouldn't host countries like PAK, NZ, or WI, etc...

We could just watch IND vs SA vs ENG vs SA all year around.

Oh, and by your logic, I guess AUS should stop hosting India as well.

http://post.jagran.com/Australian-de...nue-1326884284
this is the reason why pcb is asking india to tour for compensation. Cricket is a business. If you don't know how to run, your financial situation will never be improve and you'l be requesting other countries to tour/bail out.

If all countries start to do this(specially bcci), no matches of associate country, continental cup can be held due to lack of fund for icc.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 27th April 2012, 20:51
madaboutcricket madaboutcricket is offline
Tape Ball Star
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham Cronie
Well I'm glad not all boards think like the BCCI or else the PCB would never host teams in the UAE, AUS wouldn't host countries like PAK, NZ, or WI, etc...

We could just watch IND vs SA vs ENG vs SA all year around.

Oh, and by your logic, I guess AUS should stop hosting India as well.

http://post.jagran.com/Australian-de...nue-1326884284
Not sure what you are trying to explain here.

India hosted NZ/WI/SL like any other team. Although they wont make as much as they make on series against Aus/SA/Pak, still they have had no issues hosting or visiting those teams. when did India say no to NZ/WI/SL ?

As far as that Aus series is concerned, I am not sure what you understood from that article.

Does it say CA lost money on hosting the series against India? CA sold the rights to broadcasting company, broadcasting company bought it for higher price (which usually happens for the India series), if match is over in less than 4 days, obviously broadcasting company would be either not make enough money they have paid to get the rights or profit will not be as much as they expected. If thats the case, value of the series will only go down a bit. next time when they bid, they will be bidding for lesser amount. Here CA did not lose money on that series, why do they have to stop hosting India when they are still making a lot of money out of that series? India series is second best after Ashes for them financially, if not the best. Only if whole indian fans stop watching the series, no indian tv ready to show the series in india, only then CA will struggle to sell the rights, in turn, lose money or make very less money for hosting India which is almost impossible no matter how poorly Indian team plays.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 27th April 2012, 21:04
Cricfan4eva's Avatar
Cricfan4eva Cricfan4eva is online now
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Jul 2011
Venue: India
Runs: 4,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham Cronie
Well I'm glad not all boards think like the BCCI or else the PCB would never host teams in the UAE, AUS wouldn't host countries like PAK, NZ, or WI, etc...

We could just watch IND vs SA vs ENG vs SA all year around.

Oh, and by your logic, I guess AUS should stop hosting India as well.

http://post.jagran.com/Australian-de...nue-1326884284
India just hosted these 2 teams in the last 2 years.

Its only Bangladesh and Sri Lanka which want India to tour them rather. In the end the boards request matters not players.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 27th April 2012, 21:19
Maximas's Avatar
Maximas Maximas is offline
Local Club Regular
 
Debut: Jan 2008
Runs: 901
I guess having two different classes in test rank (i.e. top 5 and bottom 5-7) could solve this issue. In fact it’s all moving towards there, aint it?

Top teams like SA/Eng/Aus don’t/won’t really ever care if NZ/Ban whitewashes Ireland/Afgans. But certainly more competitive cricket will rise.

ICC will keep promoting on developing cricket in newer nations, eventually some will come in the positions where Ireland/Afghanistan is atm, and their status will shift up. But top 4/5s already don’t have enough room to play with the weaker teams now; in future there will be no chance to new teams! Otherwise test status will just become nothing more than a fancy gentlemen's club badge, won’t be lucrative to anyone anymore.

I would suggest icc associate members and weaker cricket boards should oppose such hypocritical FTP, which is already finalized up to 2020!
__________________
Its all part of My Manly Essence

Last edited by Maximas; 27th April 2012 at 21:20.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 28th April 2012, 00:16
lavauk's Avatar
lavauk lavauk is offline
Junior Player
 
Debut: Mar 2008
Venue: Bricklane London
Runs: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaz
India is no ones friend rahim esp bangladeshs

You mightve just lost the only friend who gave your cricket any time of the day - pakistan
Friends ha ha ha make me laugh you've got it wrong man after making mockery about bd cricket strange comments
__________________
<GO shakib GO>
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 28th April 2012, 00:34
HaMmy FinE LeG StriKeR HaMmy FinE LeG StriKeR is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Jun 2009
Runs: 3,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavauk
Friends ha ha ha make me laugh you've got it wrong man after making mockery about bd cricket strange comments
you will not feel now, but later youll feel a lot..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:45.



Powered by: vBulletin and VBAdvanced CMPS
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
PakPassion™ © copyright 2014 All Rights Reserved. Content on PakPassion™ requires permission for reprint.