User Name Password
Go Back   PakPassion - Pakistan Cricket Forum > Off Topic > Time Pass


Share This Forum!  
 
 
     
 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 30th December 2012, 17:04
Runner Up's Avatar
Runner Up Runner Up is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Mar 2011
Venue: Karachi
Runs: 6,837
MQM supports Dr. Tahir-ul-Qadri's Long March on Jan-13-2013

According to Dr. Farooq Sattar hundreds of thousands MQM workers will march to Islamabad in support of Dr. Tahir-ul-Qadri's Long March.

It's going to be tough for Govt because of security situation because TTP has already announced that they will attack MQM & ANP.
__________________
Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 30th December 2012, 17:08
Runner Up's Avatar
Runner Up Runner Up is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Mar 2011
Venue: Karachi
Runs: 6,837
Correction. It's Jan-14.
__________________
Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30th December 2012, 17:26
Majid Khan Majid Khan is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Feb 2005
Runs: 1,690
Time for PTI to join the show...

The PML N and PPP would get into panic mode
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30th December 2012, 17:26
Majid Khan Majid Khan is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Feb 2005
Runs: 1,690
Time for PTI to join the show...

The PML N and PPP would get into panic mode
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30th December 2012, 17:50
Runner Up's Avatar
Runner Up Runner Up is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Mar 2011
Venue: Karachi
Runs: 6,837
Stage is being setup for Musharraf's return
__________________
Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30th December 2012, 19:03
0tt0man's Avatar
0tt0man 0tt0man is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Jun 2010
Runs: 1,652
How can MQM be part of a march that's to topple their very own government?
It's like chopping off the very branch you're sitting on.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30th December 2012, 19:42
HaMmy FinE LeG StriKeR HaMmy FinE LeG StriKeR is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Jun 2009
Runs: 3,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0tt0man
How can MQM be part of a march that's to topple their very own government?
It's like chopping off the very branch you're sitting on.
well MQM will resign from the government
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30th December 2012, 20:04
saadibaba's Avatar
saadibaba saadibaba is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Jan 2006
Runs: 6,119
Hurray.....

Long march long march long march

We want our own Arab spring....

PTI needs to join in soon or risk becoming part of the status quo.
__________________
Khudi ko kar buland itna ke har taqdeer se pehle
Khuda bande se khud pooche bata teri raza kia hai
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 30th December 2012, 21:59
PetroDollars PetroDollars is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 1,580
PTI would be tested here.

if they are working to save Pakistan IK will join in, if he is just self fish and wants to make a name for himself he will avoid it.

What is, Pakistan first or PTI first,
__________________
"When Manchester United are at their best I am close to orgasm"Gianluca Vialli
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 30th December 2012, 22:23
chacha kashmiri's Avatar
chacha kashmiri chacha kashmiri is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: May 2008
Runs: 6,656
so a party which by name alligns itself with secualarism teaming up with the dude who drafted the blasphemy law into the constitution

What people won't do for votes
__________________
''....the sea would be exhausted before the words of my Lord were exhausted... ''(18:109)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 31st December 2012, 00:41
Zarrar Zarrar is offline
Tape Ball Star
 
Debut: Sep 2012
Runs: 1,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0tt0man
How can MQM be part of a march that's to topple their very own government?
It's like chopping off the very branch you're sitting on.
Haven't you been following MQM for the last 20 odd years...they are like a dickension novel...they are with and against the same thing at the same time...

They are the biggest allies of waderas, yet they are against waderaism and are headed by an urban wadera themselves...

They are against dictatorship, but they've been army's B team at any given opportunity...

They are the biggest opponents of terrorism, yet they are the biggest source of terrorism in Karachi...

They are extreme secularists, yet their party is headed by a peer who yearns for the Khulafa-e-Rashideen ka nizam...

They kill people and then show up at their funerals to mourn...

When a party is headed by the biggest joker out there then you shouldn't take any stances, statement, conduct, or policy coming out of that party too seriously...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 31st December 2012, 00:47
insaftak's Avatar
insaftak insaftak is offline
ODI Star
 
Debut: Mar 2009
Runs: 22,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by saadibaba
Hurray.....

Long march long march long march

We want our own Arab spring....

PTI needs to join in soon or risk becoming part of the status quo.


one guy stays outside of country for last 5 years and the other guy's party has been in government for last 5 years with zardari...

I say stay miles away from it... Change via democracy only.
__________________
Grandpa Zindabad!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 31st December 2012, 01:03
waqar_ahmad waqar_ahmad is offline
T20I Star
 
Debut: Dec 2005
Runs: 17,336
MQM as usual playing both sides of the field. They are going to topple their own govt.

I always thought MQM supporters were less dumb than PPP supporters. But trying to justify this, is narrowing that stupidity gap
__________________
Ghareeb saray mar gaye
Kiun kai, zinda hai bhutto zinda hai
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 31st December 2012, 01:09
insaftak's Avatar
insaftak insaftak is offline
ODI Star
 
Debut: Mar 2009
Runs: 22,914
Another thing to keep an eye on is PMLN and PPP NooraKhusti with PMLN demanding governors should be replaced before elections. One Governor in Punjab has been replaced and the next one in line is MQM's Ishrat ul Ibad.

MQM joining tahir ul qadri is to put street pressure on PPP to keep Ishrat ul Ibad. I don't think this will work as Ishrat ul Ibad has been a governor for last 10 years now and PPP's Noorakhusti with PMLN is more important than NooraKhusti with MQM.
__________________
Grandpa Zindabad!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 31st December 2012, 01:13
Black Zero's Avatar
Black Zero Black Zero is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Dec 2009
Runs: 11,969
so it's clear that Army backing Tahir ?!
__________________
Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 31st December 2012, 02:41
PetroDollars PetroDollars is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 1,580
Ye anything against the gov. is by army otherwise PPP and Zadari are clean as a whistle.
__________________
"When Manchester United are at their best I am close to orgasm"Gianluca Vialli
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 31st December 2012, 02:44
PetroDollars PetroDollars is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaftak


one guy stays outside of country for last 5 years and the other guy's party has been in government for last 5 years with zardari...

I say stay miles away from it... Change via democracy only.
No thanks, we do not want a change of governments, this country requires a complete clean up and REPLACEMENT for the political system which is impossible to be brought by democracy.

Only a bloody revolution is possible now.
__________________
"When Manchester United are at their best I am close to orgasm"Gianluca Vialli
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 31st December 2012, 03:38
FusedBulb FusedBulb is offline
Local Club Captain
 
Debut: Nov 2010
Runs: 2,242
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 31st December 2012, 03:49
insaftak's Avatar
insaftak insaftak is offline
ODI Star
 
Debut: Mar 2009
Runs: 22,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroDollars
No thanks, we do not want a change of governments, this country requires a complete clean up and REPLACEMENT for the political system which is impossible to be brought by democracy.

Only a bloody revolution is possible now.
No thanks we have already tried to clean the system quickly and have failed miserably...

and TUQ isn't preaching a bloody revolution...
__________________
Grandpa Zindabad!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 31st December 2012, 04:20
waqar_ahmad waqar_ahmad is offline
T20I Star
 
Debut: Dec 2005
Runs: 17,336
Bloody revolution? Yeah let's see you taking part in that.

People with such "revolutionary" ideas are responsible for this mess in the first place.

Let there be elections, and a peaceful transition.

On another note, how exactly will MQM protest against its own govt?
__________________
Ghareeb saray mar gaye
Kiun kai, zinda hai bhutto zinda hai
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 31st December 2012, 04:54
saadibaba's Avatar
saadibaba saadibaba is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Jan 2006
Runs: 6,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaftak
Another thing to keep an eye on is PMLN and PPP NooraKhusti with PMLN demanding governors should be replaced before elections. One Governor in Punjab has been replaced and the next one in line is MQM's Ishrat ul Ibad.

MQM joining tahir ul qadri is to put street pressure on PPP to keep Ishrat ul Ibad. I don't think this will work as Ishrat ul Ibad has been a governor for last 10 years now and PPP's Noorakhusti with PMLN is more important than NooraKhusti with MQM.
So to keep their guy in an almost powerless and honorary post, where his main job consists of cutting ribbons and receiving foreign dignitaries, MQM is putting their whole political game on line. Makes sense....
__________________
Khudi ko kar buland itna ke har taqdeer se pehle
Khuda bande se khud pooche bata teri raza kia hai
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 31st December 2012, 04:58
saadibaba's Avatar
saadibaba saadibaba is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Jan 2006
Runs: 6,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by waqar_ahmad
MQM as usual playing both sides of the field. They are going to topple their own govt.

I always thought MQM supporters were less dumb than PPP supporters. But trying to justify this, is narrowing that stupidity gap
As opposed to who, the brilliant PTI supporters..... Wonder why its been 15 years and still the party has nothing to show for other than one seat won sometime ago.
__________________
Khudi ko kar buland itna ke har taqdeer se pehle
Khuda bande se khud pooche bata teri raza kia hai
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 31st December 2012, 05:00
saadibaba's Avatar
saadibaba saadibaba is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Jan 2006
Runs: 6,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaftak


one guy stays outside of country for last 5 years and the other guy's party has been in government for last 5 years with zardari...

I say stay miles away from it... Change via democracy only.
Change via democracy....wonder what IK has been doing for the last 15 years and still the only hope he has of winning more than his own seat is by including "electables" better known as "lotas" in his party. Keep dreaming....
__________________
Khudi ko kar buland itna ke har taqdeer se pehle
Khuda bande se khud pooche bata teri raza kia hai
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 31st December 2012, 05:16
waqar_ahmad waqar_ahmad is offline
T20I Star
 
Debut: Dec 2005
Runs: 17,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by saadibaba
As opposed to who, the brilliant PTI supporters..... Wonder why its been 15 years and still the party has nothing to show for other than one seat won sometime ago.
Read my post again plz. I said "in defending a protest against their own govt."

And I am sure you understand that PTI;s performance has nothing to do with why someone would back the party.

Nice try of a switch hit there though but sometimes, better to stick to the topic that was being talked about
__________________
Ghareeb saray mar gaye
Kiun kai, zinda hai bhutto zinda hai
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 31st December 2012, 06:16
saadibaba's Avatar
saadibaba saadibaba is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Jan 2006
Runs: 6,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by waqar_ahmad
Read my post again plz. I said "in defending a protest against their own govt."

And I am sure you understand that PTI;s performance has nothing to do with why someone would back the party.

Nice try of a switch hit there though but sometimes, better to stick to the topic that was being talked about
There is a big difference between being part of a coalition govt. and "their own govt." Coalition does not mean they have merged into PPP nor does it mean agreeing with everything the other coalition partner does.

As for why is MQM still part of the coalition if they are going to be protesting aganst the govt. Is this march about toppling the current govt. or dissolving the Parliament or imposing martial law. No. It's about electoral reforms and formation of care taker govt., something every party should have the right to protest about.

And when did protest or marches became undemocratic. I thought those actions are part of a democratic society. So what is MQM doing which is so surprising. Using their democratic right to protest about something very pertinent to the future direction of our country. Supporting a cause which should be the main focus of all political parties.
__________________
Khudi ko kar buland itna ke har taqdeer se pehle
Khuda bande se khud pooche bata teri raza kia hai
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 31st December 2012, 06:17
saadibaba's Avatar
saadibaba saadibaba is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Jan 2006
Runs: 6,119
Maybe it's not about that at all but about missed opportunities and lost momentum. Maybe what's going on inside PTI is a feeling that they missed their chance. They should have been the one starting this march and building all this momentum. I can bet if it was PTI who would have taken the initiative instead of TUQ, you guys would have been jumping up and down right now, busy making march preparation threads etc. Now you don't want be the followers. I can understand, vanity is not uncommon. But let's not fool ourselves here. The guy who did not even participated in the elections five years ago because of some principle stand now wants everyone to go along with the process for the sake of democracy. What has changed in five years. Zardari is President instead of Musharraf. Noon league is busy buying all the lotas out there and sprinkling fairy dust from all the development money on its constituents to buy their alliance. If by-elections are any indication, the electoral process and politics of patronage has not changed that much. In Mush' time media was shut down, today it has been bought. So what's the big difference.
__________________
Khudi ko kar buland itna ke har taqdeer se pehle
Khuda bande se khud pooche bata teri raza kia hai
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 31st December 2012, 07:47
PakPrince PakPrince is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Jan 2011
Venue: Karachi for life!
Runs: 6,808
lol... Common sense is a rare commodity in Pak politics
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 31st December 2012, 08:22
zimmz's Avatar
zimmz zimmz is offline
First Class Player
 
Debut: Jan 2006
Venue: Germany
Runs: 3,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroDollars
What is, Pakistan first or PTI first,
No, actually it's Altaf first and Qadri first. Together they as stooge would say extablishment and america/canada/UK first and second a piece of cake every 5 years...otherwise keep themselve hiding outside for the rest of the time with a moto 'drama/lies first'.

Enjoy the march!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 31st December 2012, 10:05
Aampakistani Aampakistani is offline
Tape Ball Regular
 
Debut: Aug 2011
Runs: 552
I think MQM needed a darhi to hang on to after PPP held STs darhi and PMLN held SSPs darhi so just to keep in line MQM decided to hold the least worst of the threes darhi..
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 31st December 2012, 13:02
waqar_ahmad waqar_ahmad is offline
T20I Star
 
Debut: Dec 2005
Runs: 17,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by saadibaba
There is a big difference between being part of a coalition govt. and "their own govt." Coalition does not mean they have merged into PPP nor does it mean agreeing with everything the other coalition partner does.

As for why is MQM still part of the coalition if they are going to be protesting aganst the govt. Is this march about toppling the current govt. or dissolving the Parliament or imposing martial law. No. It's about electoral reforms and formation of care taker govt., something every party should have the right to protest about.

And when did protest or marches became undemocratic. I thought those actions are part of a democratic society. So what is MQM doing which is so surprising. Using their democratic right to protest about something very pertinent to the future direction of our country. Supporting a cause which should be the main focus of all political parties.
Who called protest marches as undemocratic?

And no, there is no difference between being in a coalition govt and having your own govt when it comes to protesting against the govt.
__________________
Ghareeb saray mar gaye
Kiun kai, zinda hai bhutto zinda hai
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 31st December 2012, 13:15
Mohsin's Avatar
Mohsin Mohsin is offline
ODI Star
 
Debut: May 2007
Venue: London
Runs: 22,343
MQaatilM showing their usual 'Munaafiq bakwaas' face

Theyre in the Government....theyre joining a march AGAINST the Government
They 'leave' the Government because of petrol prices going up...they come back when they come down only a little (so still higher then when they originally left the set-up and 'protested')
They've been in EVERY Government for the past 20odd years...complain about whats been happening for the past 20odd years
They were in Musharraf's Government...they cry over 99-2008 period

Zardari seriously whipped MQM into shape...now theyre trying to get back anything they can get back

And now rumors of Ghaddar-e-Pakistan planning to maybe suddenly come back to Pakistan when Scotland Yard and close to his murdering a55

May God protect Pakistan from these murdering thugs and their 'plans' for Islamic Republic of Pakistan
__________________
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf...for the Quaid(ra) and Iqbal(ra)'s Pakistan
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 31st December 2012, 15:55
Pakprideuk Pakprideuk is offline
Tape Ball Captain
 
Debut: Jun 2010
Venue: united Kingdom
Runs: 1,891
Not a big fan of MQM and I know that the only reason they have joined Dr. Tahir Ul Qadri's march is for their own benefit but in regards to protesting against the government, well that isn't quite the case. The protest is against the corrupt system, and MQM cannot change that. You need a majority to change things in the parliament and the current majority is of corrupt people who came through a corrupt political system.

If the electoral process isn't changed, then the same faces will turn up following the next elections, we'll have a poor electoral turnout, the same candidates from those parties so for the few people that turn up at the elections, they'll have to pick the "best corrupt leader" not the best leader within that constituency. TuQ wants to change that system so that the same corrupt faces don't play millions to buy party tickets, pay people for votes, use their power to scare people.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 31st December 2012, 16:27
Runner Up's Avatar
Runner Up Runner Up is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Mar 2011
Venue: Karachi
Runs: 6,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohsin
And now rumors of Ghaddar-e-Pakistan planning to maybe suddenly come back to Pakistan when Scotland Yard and close to his murdering a55
Interesting please shed some more light on it.
__________________
Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 31st December 2012, 16:33
Wazeeri's Avatar
Wazeeri Wazeeri is offline
Test Match Debutant
 
Debut: Sep 2006
Runs: 15,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by saadibaba
Wonder why its been 15 years and still the party has nothing to show for other than one seat won sometime ago.
Because its been only 15 years

and also PTI has not been sleeping with everyone in power to maintain seats.
__________________
[]Wazeeri aka Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Wazeeri[/]
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 31st December 2012, 16:58
Mohsin's Avatar
Mohsin Mohsin is offline
ODI Star
 
Debut: May 2007
Venue: London
Runs: 22,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Up
Interesting please shed some more light on it.
Like i said man, just rumors (heard/read things on this)...who knows if its true, and who knows if Altaf 'my party has been in Government for the last 20odd years, yet ive still been out of the country, 'working' for my British Passport because its too 'dangerous' for me' Hussain will return
__________________
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf...for the Quaid(ra) and Iqbal(ra)'s Pakistan
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 31st December 2012, 17:45
MRSN's Avatar
MRSN MRSN is online now
T20I Star
 
Debut: Oct 2010
Runs: 17,334
PML(Q) Joins the movement too
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 31st December 2012, 17:55
Runner Up's Avatar
Runner Up Runner Up is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Mar 2011
Venue: Karachi
Runs: 6,837
Now Musharraf can feel that he is safe
__________________
Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 31st December 2012, 17:57
Mohsin's Avatar
Mohsin Mohsin is offline
ODI Star
 
Debut: May 2007
Venue: London
Runs: 22,343
Wah seriously im sick and tired of these idiots thinking they can make fools out of the people...frst MQM and PML-Q...is VICE PRIME MINISTER Perveiz Elahi gonna be there also?

Idiots
__________________
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf...for the Quaid(ra) and Iqbal(ra)'s Pakistan
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 31st December 2012, 18:53
waqar_ahmad waqar_ahmad is offline
T20I Star
 
Debut: Dec 2005
Runs: 17,336
excellent. So PMLQ and MQM, both part of the govt, are going to protest against the govt.

Only in pakistan
__________________
Ghareeb saray mar gaye
Kiun kai, zinda hai bhutto zinda hai
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 31st December 2012, 19:00
waqar_ahmad waqar_ahmad is offline
T20I Star
 
Debut: Dec 2005
Runs: 17,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohsin
Wah seriously im sick and tired of these idiots thinking they can make fools out of the people...frst MQM and PML-Q...is VICE PRIME MINISTER Perveiz Elahi gonna be there also?

Idiots
They CAN make fools out of people. I dont doubt that at all. Read some of the posts in this thread and you will see
__________________
Ghareeb saray mar gaye
Kiun kai, zinda hai bhutto zinda hai
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 31st December 2012, 19:23
saadibaba's Avatar
saadibaba saadibaba is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Jan 2006
Runs: 6,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by waqar_ahmad
They CAN make fools out of people. I dont doubt that at all. Read some of the posts in this thread and you will see
“The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.” ― Winston S. Churchill
__________________
Khudi ko kar buland itna ke har taqdeer se pehle
Khuda bande se khud pooche bata teri raza kia hai
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 31st December 2012, 19:27
waqar_ahmad waqar_ahmad is offline
T20I Star
 
Debut: Dec 2005
Runs: 17,336
^ Obviously Churchill wasnt talking about this march.

I hope you enjoy the protest with the 2 coalition partners MQM and PMLQ telling the people how bad their own coalition govts are.
__________________
Ghareeb saray mar gaye
Kiun kai, zinda hai bhutto zinda hai

Last edited by waqar_ahmad; 31st December 2012 at 19:44.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 31st December 2012, 19:33
endymion248's Avatar
endymion248 endymion248 is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Dec 2012
Runs: 6,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakprideuk
Not a big fan of MQM and I know that the only reason they have joined Dr. Tahir Ul Qadri's march is for their own benefit but in regards to protesting against the government, well that isn't quite the case. The protest is against the corrupt system, and MQM cannot change that. You need a majority to change things in the parliament and the current majority is of corrupt people who came through a corrupt political system.
Who cares whether they have majority or not? They are part of the ruling coalition and they are responsible for everything that has come out of it since 5 years, good or bad. They elected the president, the prime ministers, helped carry the grand majority of motions and, where they can give ultimata about their own interests, they never cared about giving those for the things they cry about the whole day on the media.
They are king-makers and they have shown that through making the government accept the interest dearest to their hearts (ie those who can allow them to carry on with whatever they are doing in Khi) so there is no excuse such as ''we couldn't make them accept''.

They are also the only party that has been in every single coalition for 10 years, so they are more responsible for Pakistan's current state than any other party, be it PPP or PML-Q.

The fact that they can get away by criticizing the governement 24/7 on tv just proves that their supporters (if there are any) don't have any clue about how democracy works.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 31st December 2012, 19:57
insaftak's Avatar
insaftak insaftak is offline
ODI Star
 
Debut: Mar 2009
Runs: 22,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSN
PML(Q) Joins the movement too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Up
Now Musharraf can feel that he is safe
Quote:
Originally Posted by waqar_ahmad
excellent. So PMLQ and MQM, both part of the govt, are going to protest against the govt.

Only in pakistan
Yaro Yeh TO LOL HO GAYA
__________________
Grandpa Zindabad!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 31st December 2012, 20:01
insaftak's Avatar
insaftak insaftak is offline
ODI Star
 
Debut: Mar 2009
Runs: 22,914
PTI should sit back and enjoy this.

PPP and PMLN to come together and it fits in well with our strategy..
__________________
Grandpa Zindabad!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 31st December 2012, 20:16
waqar_ahmad waqar_ahmad is offline
T20I Star
 
Debut: Dec 2005
Runs: 17,336
Noora kushti of the highest order.

Next up: Zardari protests against a political cell established in the presidency to rig the elections
__________________
Ghareeb saray mar gaye
Kiun kai, zinda hai bhutto zinda hai
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 31st December 2012, 20:18
insaftak's Avatar
insaftak insaftak is offline
ODI Star
 
Debut: Mar 2009
Runs: 22,914
Quote:
ISLAMABAD: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Monday ruled out the possibility of polling for national and provincial assemblies on the same day, saying that since the national and provincial assemblies had taken oath on different dates, thus their elections could not be held on the same day either.

Talking to reporters, the ECP Secretary Ishtiaq Ahmed Khan said that the constitutional tenure of the national assembly would be completed on March 16, 2013, whereas the constitutional tenure of the Sindh, Balochistan, Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa assemblies would end on April 4, 6, 8 and March 27, 2013 respectively.

To a query, he said that without dissolving all the assemblies on the same day, polling for national and provincial assemblies could not be held on the same day. To another query, he said polling for national and provincial assemblies on the same day will lead to mix-up and confusion among voters, and could result in wastage of many ballots.

According to election experts, voters are not educated enough to correctly cast their votes in simultaneous polling for the national and provincial legislatures, thus if polling was held on the same day many illiterate electorates would waste their votes.

They said in the simultaneous polling every voter is issued two ballots, which are considerably long due to the number of contesting candidates, whose names figure on them. Similarly, two ballot boxes are placed in every polling station for the national and provincial assemblies.
However, political parties favouring the same day polling argue that the results of the one electoral exercise, say for the National Assembly, can’t impact the outcome of the second for the provincial assemblies.

But, election experts believe that if the polling is held on different days for the two sets of legislatures, the results of the National Assembly, which will be held first, could have influence over the opinion of voters casting their ballots for the provincial assemblies.

Therefore, some political parties may have to face a disadvantage in the subsequent polling for provincial legislature. If separate polling is held, the party winning the first round will have an excellent edge to fare better in the second exercise as voters generally tend to tilt towards it.

According to a former senior official of ECP, the electoral exercise becomes exceedingly marathon if the same day polling is held. In the case of separate polling, the workload is scattered on two days, which facilitates the process as a whole, and relieves the ECP of massive pressure.

He said since the constitutional tenure of the national and provincial assemblies had to complete on different dates, thus the elections should also be held on different dates instead of simultaneously.
this might keep us in this game
__________________
Grandpa Zindabad!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 31st December 2012, 20:20
Eagle_Eye's Avatar
Eagle_Eye Eagle_Eye is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Jan 2010
Runs: 7,793
Mqm is going to protest about itself and tell everyone how they have failed them......
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 31st December 2012, 20:26
waqar_ahmad waqar_ahmad is offline
T20I Star
 
Debut: Dec 2005
Runs: 17,336
^ With Deput Prime Minister being part of the protest
__________________
Ghareeb saray mar gaye
Kiun kai, zinda hai bhutto zinda hai
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 31st December 2012, 21:10
Sjaloha Sjaloha is offline
Tape Ball Regular
 
Debut: Oct 2011
Runs: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye
Mqm is going to protest about itself and tell everyone how they have failed them......
That is not correct. Supporting a government as part of coalition is one aspect and actually making the policies and running the day to day affairs of the government is another. MQM with its 25 members is supporting the PPP led federal government but that does not mean that PPP has to listen to everything from MQM. MQM has taken a stand on few issues and have pushed the federal government but they know it very well it can only be done a few times.

In Sindh government, PPP has simple majority and they dont need anyone to form the government. MQM is part of the Sindh government but all the key ministries are with the PPP.

MQM wants to side with Dr. Qadri, it is their decision and they strongly believe that they both share the same vision about the future of Pakistan's politics. There is absolutely nothing wrong on that.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 31st December 2012, 21:21
Sjaloha Sjaloha is offline
Tape Ball Regular
 
Debut: Oct 2011
Runs: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by endymion248
Who cares whether they have majority or not? They are part of the ruling coalition and they are responsible for everything that has come out of it since 5 years, good or bad. They elected the president, the prime ministers, helped carry the grand majority of motions and, where they can give ultimata about their own interests, they never cared about giving those for the things they cry about the whole day on the media.
They are king-makers and they have shown that through making the government accept the interest dearest to their hearts (ie those who can allow them to carry on with whatever they are doing in Khi) so there is no excuse such as ''we couldn't make them accept''.

They are also the only party that has been in every single coalition for 10 years, so they are more responsible for Pakistan's current state than any other party, be it PPP or PML-Q.

The fact that they can get away by criticizing the governement 24/7 on tv just proves that their supporters (if there are any) don't have any clue about how democracy works.
I think your main argument is that if you are part of the government or system then you are also the main problem as well. If we go with that notion, then I am afraid that no one is ever going to fix anything in Pakistan. I think at some point every leader or every party has either aided a military dictator or have served under the military or civil dictator.

Again, you are keep on attacking MQM for the mere fact that they have joined every coalition or government in the last 10 + years. Simply reading your statements, I can tell say this for sure that you are absolutely not aware of the constituency politics of Pakistan. You have no idea how important it is be close to the government in Pakistan, even if you are in the opposition, for the sole purpose of development in your area. Yes MQM was part of the government and rightfully so, because they had the control of the biggest city and the economic hub of the country. They have won almost 85% seats from Karachi and Hyderbabad and I dont think they should be sitting in any opposition. Simply imagine the mayor of London or New York or congressmen or senators from these two cities are in a position where they can not do anything or bring any development for their cities.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 31st December 2012, 21:44
endymion248's Avatar
endymion248 endymion248 is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Dec 2012
Runs: 6,000
So, should Punjabis curse on PML-N for sitting in the opposition and inhibiting the province's developement for the past 4 years? Or, if you're saying that they were actually in conivence with the ruling coalition and got all the privileges they needed from them, why couldn't MQM have done the same?

Besides, MQM are the one who didn't want to end this completely illogical mayor system which, in the cities, brings the kind of paradox on the basis of your argument, and only violence in rural areas.

Similarly, I don't quite see your point. Everybody knows that MQM is in the governement because they want to preserve their political and non-political influence in KHI, but the fact remains they have been on TV fustigating every single decision they have voted for and they are responsible for, whatever the reasons may be for them to have done so. From a democratical point of vue, they are the ones who have brought everything they have criticized, which is more than any opposition party in the Parliament.

If you're going to go with ''The end justifies the way'', then PPP have to get Waderas for financial support and rural (and even city) influence, why do everybody in here keep criticizing that?

Last edited by endymion248; 31st December 2012 at 21:46.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 31st December 2012, 21:48
waqar_ahmad waqar_ahmad is offline
T20I Star
 
Debut: Dec 2005
Runs: 17,336
churchill should have seen this thread before coming with that statement
__________________
Ghareeb saray mar gaye
Kiun kai, zinda hai bhutto zinda hai
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 31st December 2012, 22:02
saadibaba's Avatar
saadibaba saadibaba is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Jan 2006
Runs: 6,119
MQMs got nothing to lose. If no march, things stay the same, they win 12-17 seats and become part of the coalition again. If march successful, take credit, get local bodies under care taker set up, consolidate their control over Karachi and win even bigger come elections. Win win IMO.
__________________
Khudi ko kar buland itna ke har taqdeer se pehle
Khuda bande se khud pooche bata teri raza kia hai
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 1st January 2013, 03:21
waqar_ahmad waqar_ahmad is offline
T20I Star
 
Debut: Dec 2005
Runs: 17,336
Of course MQM has nothing to lose. TQ has been sent by the establishment. And MQM and PMLQ have once again proven to be tools of the establishment by siding with TQ.

They sit in the govt and reap the benefits, and try to fool people by siding with the establishment, to show the public how anti corruption and anti status quo they are. Anti status quo my as*
__________________
Ghareeb saray mar gaye
Kiun kai, zinda hai bhutto zinda hai
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 1st January 2013, 04:51
saadibaba's Avatar
saadibaba saadibaba is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Jan 2006
Runs: 6,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by waqar_ahmad
Of course MQM has nothing to lose. TQ has been sent by the establishment. And MQM and PMLQ have once again proven to be tools of the establishment by siding with TQ.

They sit in the govt and reap the benefits, and try to fool people by siding with the establishment, to show the public how anti corruption and anti status quo they are. Anti status quo my as*
Who is anti-establishment anyways. All are somehow or another part of establishment.
__________________
Khudi ko kar buland itna ke har taqdeer se pehle
Khuda bande se khud pooche bata teri raza kia hai
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 1st January 2013, 11:10
Saqs's Avatar
Saqs Saqs is online now
Test Match Debutant
 
Debut: Jan 2006
Venue: Behind you
Runs: 13,052
Can someone please explain to me why Qadri sahb is supporting MQM?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran Tahir
"My celebrations have always been like this, one day I ran out of the ground celebrating"
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 1st January 2013, 11:22
Eagle_Eye's Avatar
Eagle_Eye Eagle_Eye is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Jan 2010
Runs: 7,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saqib S
Can someone please explain to me why Qadri sahb is supporting MQM?
The real quetion is who is supporting qadri?

Perhaps they share the same backers

Last edited by Eagle_Eye; 1st January 2013 at 11:36.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 1st January 2013, 11:45
Pakprideuk Pakprideuk is offline
Tape Ball Captain
 
Debut: Jun 2010
Venue: united Kingdom
Runs: 1,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saqib S
Can someone please explain to me why Qadri sahb is supporting MQM?
Dr tahir ul qadri asked all parties to join in to reform system, MQM put its hand up first.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 1st January 2013, 12:00
Imran_Sir Imran_Sir is offline
Tape Ball Regular
 
Debut: May 2012
Runs: 337
Aray yaar, Altaf Hussain Tahir ul-Qadri ko apni unglio par nacha raha hai

Aur us bholay ko kuch samajh nahi ke kya ho raha hai
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 1st January 2013, 12:52
0tt0man's Avatar
0tt0man 0tt0man is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Jun 2010
Runs: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye
The real quetion is who is supporting qadri?

Perhaps they share the same backers
Oh they have the same backers for sure. Both parties (MQM and PML-Q) going back to their parent institution for support.

It's a good thing PTI is keeping itself apart from this long march. The end result won't be very pleasant for the country.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 1st January 2013, 13:20
Black Zero's Avatar
Black Zero Black Zero is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Dec 2009
Runs: 11,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by FusedBulb
FB, thanks for sharing.
__________________
Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 1st January 2013, 13:53
Runner Up's Avatar
Runner Up Runner Up is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Mar 2011
Venue: Karachi
Runs: 6,837
MQM supporters who were going back after today's Jalsa have been attacked with Motorcycle blast. 1 dead and 30 wounded so far.
__________________
Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 1st January 2013, 14:45
Mohsin's Avatar
Mohsin Mohsin is offline
ODI Star
 
Debut: May 2007
Venue: London
Runs: 22,343
'Azaad media' Kuppe

__________________
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf...for the Quaid(ra) and Iqbal(ra)'s Pakistan
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 1st January 2013, 14:57
SIMBA SIMBA is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Dec 2005
Runs: 4,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Up
MQM supporters who were going back after today's Jalsa have been attacked with Motorcycle blast. 1 dead and 30 wounded so far.
Karma. What goes around comes around.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 1st January 2013, 15:25
waqar_ahmad waqar_ahmad is offline
T20I Star
 
Debut: Dec 2005
Runs: 17,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by saadibaba
Who is anti-establishment anyways. All are somehow or another part of establishment.
Lo ge, now this excuse

ISI and army have seriously damaged pakistan. And that's why they should be opposed.

They prepare a grand plan for the elections, and their main tools (PMLQ and MQM) are all good, coz well, who is anti-establishment nowadays. And so they should not be opposed.

What logic
__________________
Ghareeb saray mar gaye
Kiun kai, zinda hai bhutto zinda hai

Last edited by waqar_ahmad; 1st January 2013 at 15:27.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 1st January 2013, 16:20
the Great Khan the Great Khan is offline
Test Match Debutant
 
Debut: Feb 2005
Runs: 16,529
i dont get it. whats the point? qadri doesnt want to stand in elections so why this march? and their marching against what? for the sake of marching? or against the govt they currently sit in? its beyond laughable!

chulo let these jahils run around like headless chickens with ther long marches. The PTI will continue with their dihaat awareness campaigns and then when the time is right will strike Inshallah!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 1st January 2013, 16:34
rockers2012 rockers2012 is offline
Tape Ball Star
 
Debut: Nov 2012
Runs: 1,134
I was almost a victim of today's bomb blast which was happened on MQM's and Qadri jalsa ...just two buses away my car was.

Today I witnessed a live bomb blast infront of my eyes in 30 years of my life.

i just dont understand how these political workers line up their buses on the main road.

if a place like Ayesha manzil....which is a frequent route for most travellers...then forget about karachi....nothing is safe in Pakistan

my final conclusion is......only poor people will suffer in pakistan and all these qadris, mullahs, political leaders will keep feeding lies, deception to the massess.

1 day 2013....nothing is changed....3 dead, 50 injured

Last edited by rockers2012; 1st January 2013 at 16:41.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 1st January 2013, 16:44
Runner Up's Avatar
Runner Up Runner Up is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Mar 2011
Venue: Karachi
Runs: 6,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockers2012
I was almost a victim of today's bomb blast which was happened on MQM's and Qadri jalsa ...just two buses away my car was.

Today I witnessed a live bomb blast infront of my eyes in 30 years of my life.

i just dont understand how these political workers line up their buses on the main road.

if a place like Ayesha manzil....which is a frequent route for most travellers...then forget about karachi....nothing is safe in Pakistan

my final conclusion is......only poor people will suffer in pakistan and all these qadris, mullahs, political leaders will keep feeding lies, deception to the massess.

1 day 2013....nothing is changed....3 dead, 50 injured
Glad to know that you are safe.
__________________
Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 1st January 2013, 16:57
rockers2012 rockers2012 is offline
Tape Ball Star
 
Debut: Nov 2012
Runs: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Up
Glad to know that you are safe.
I was worried about other innocent people. They paid a price for no reason.

Today is one of those incidents that will always remind me how cheap one's life is in Pakistan.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 1st January 2013, 18:34
Looney's Avatar
Looney Looney is offline
T20I Star
 
Debut: Jun 2009
Venue: London
Runs: 20,463
Guess who is coming back thanks to these parties ?

__________________
Bhai tou bhai ‚ bhai ka Karachi bhi bhai - Bhai from London :altaf
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 1st January 2013, 18:37
Looney's Avatar
Looney Looney is offline
T20I Star
 
Debut: Jun 2009
Venue: London
Runs: 20,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Up
Stage is being setup for Musharraf's return
Yeah , Tahir ul Qadri`s sudden popularity makes sense now and his support for Musharraf . What does not make sense is PTI jumping on this bandwagon ( yet ) .
__________________
Bhai tou bhai ‚ bhai ka Karachi bhi bhai - Bhai from London :altaf
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 1st January 2013, 19:09
waqar_ahmad waqar_ahmad is offline
T20I Star
 
Debut: Dec 2005
Runs: 17,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Great Khan
i dont get it. whats the point? qadri doesnt want to stand in elections so why this march? and their marching against what? for the sake of marching? or against the govt they currently sit in? its beyond laughable!

chulo let these jahils run around like headless chickens with ther long marches. The PTI will continue with their dihaat awareness campaigns and then when the time is right will strike Inshallah!
March is agains the corrupt govt. And those that are part of the corrupt govt, and have been for the last 4 years, will now tell the people how to stop corruption.

It's not that hard to figure out. Once people take their muttahida glasses off, that is.
__________________
Ghareeb saray mar gaye
Kiun kai, zinda hai bhutto zinda hai

Last edited by waqar_ahmad; 1st January 2013 at 19:12.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 1st January 2013, 20:59
chacha kashmiri's Avatar
chacha kashmiri chacha kashmiri is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: May 2008
Runs: 6,656
i don't understand the comparison with tahrir square

That was completely spontaneous and not hijacked by foriegn based politicians
__________________
''....the sea would be exhausted before the words of my Lord were exhausted... ''(18:109)
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 1st January 2013, 22:30
Waseem's Avatar
Waseem Waseem is online now
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Jan 2003
Venue: MCG
Runs: 7,436
If anything Qadri is confusing people, no one knows what his agenda is (MQM seems to have fair bit of idea though). I think Imran should stay away from this drama since he has worked so hard to bring change and bring reforms through proper channels. We don't need more enemies so let's stay neutral and watch the drama without taking part
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 1st January 2013, 23:47
PetroDollars PetroDollars is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaftak
No thanks we have already tried to clean the system quickly and have failed miserably...

and TUQ isn't preaching a bloody revolution...
What ever he is preaching has the potentional to turn into a bloody revolution.

and no we have never tried to clean the system up this way,
__________________
"When Manchester United are at their best I am close to orgasm"Gianluca Vialli
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 1st January 2013, 23:48
PetroDollars PetroDollars is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney
Guess who is coming back thanks to these parties ?

where is the source of his return?
__________________
"When Manchester United are at their best I am close to orgasm"Gianluca Vialli
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 1st January 2013, 23:50
PetroDollars PetroDollars is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Great Khan
i dont get it. whats the point? qadri doesnt want to stand in elections so why this march? and their marching against what? for the sake of marching? or against the govt they currently sit in? its beyond laughable!

chulo let these jahils run around like headless chickens with ther long marches. The PTI will continue with their dihaat awareness campaigns and then when the time is right will strike Inshallah!
There is more to it then demo crazy and its deluded supporters who are responsible to destroying this country.

Im not supporting TUQ but the only jahils are those who take part in this system and support it, and think stupid rallies with burger kids will bring a revolution through democrazy,
__________________
"When Manchester United are at their best I am close to orgasm"Gianluca Vialli
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 1st January 2013, 23:53
insaftak's Avatar
insaftak insaftak is offline
ODI Star
 
Debut: Mar 2009
Runs: 22,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroDollars
What ever he is preaching has the potentional to turn into a bloody revolution.

and no we have never tried to clean the system up this way,
I will throw my support behind him after they do 5 days of protests... The basic fact is they don't have the capacity to carry on with this for more than 1 day...

to sustain pressure they would need local support. I don't see any support for TUQ, MQM and PMLQ in Rawalpindi/Islamabad areas.
__________________
Grandpa Zindabad!
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 2nd January 2013, 00:16
PetroDollars PetroDollars is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaftak
I will throw my support behind him after they do 5 days of protests... The basic fact is they don't have the capacity to carry on with this for more than 1 day...

to sustain pressure they would need local support. I don't see any support for TUQ, MQM and PMLQ in Rawalpindi/Islamabad areas.
I dont know the ground situation there BUT TUQ can get loads of support from madrassas, especially if the tableegis join him.

However if it leads to chaos followed by anarchy, the army may move in. Kayanni has slept for long enough, now its time to wake up.
__________________
"When Manchester United are at their best I am close to orgasm"Gianluca Vialli
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:14.



Powered by: vBulletin and VBAdvanced CMPS
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
PakPassion™ © copyright 2014 All Rights Reserved. Content on PakPassion™ requires permission for reprint.