Go Back   PakPassion - Pakistan Cricket Forum > Off Topic > Time Pass

Share This Forum!  

Old 24th July 2011, 18:54
ODI Star

Debut: Jan 2010
Venue: Lala Land- COAS
Runs: 23,689
Opening of graves of two Sahabah in Iraq in 1932

Though in normal cases and circumstances the dead bodies in the grave decompose and disintegrate yet there are proofs where the dead bodies of martyrs, prophets and saints have been found intact when their graves were dug.

In 1932 A.D. (1351 A.H.) the then ruling King of Iraq Shah Faisal I, dreamt that he was being addressed by Hudhaifa al-Yamani, who said :-

"O king ! Remove Jabir ibn Abdullah Ansari and me from the bank of river Tigris and bury us at some safe place because my grave is already water-logged, (full of water) while Jabir's grave is slowly getting water-logged."

This dream was repeated again the next night but King Faisal I, did not pay attention to it on account of his pre-occupation with state affairs. On the third night Hazrat Hudhaifa was seen in the dream by the grand Mufti of Iraq. Hazrat Hudhaifa said to the grand Mufti :- "I have been directing the king since two nights to transfer our Bodies but he has not paid any heed. Tell him emphatically to arrange for the transfer of our graves!"

So after discussing this matter, the King, his Prime Minister and the Grand Mufti decided to carry out this work. It was decided that the Grand Mufti should issue a fatwa(religious ruling) on this matter and the Prime Minister will issue the fatwa to the press, so that the public may know about this great event. It was declared that on 10th Zilhajj after noon prayers the graves shall be opened and the holy bodies shall be transferred to another place.

As it was Hajj season, pilgrims had gathered in Mecca. They requested King Faisal to postpone the event for a few days so that they all could attend the event after performing the Hajj. Hence, the King postponed this event to 20th Zilhajj.

After noon prayers, on 20th Zilhajj 1351 A.H. a large number of Muslims and non-Muslims gathered in Baghdad, and the city was heavily crowded. First when the grave of Hazrat Hudhaifa was opened water was fond inside. The body was lifted with a crane in such a way that it safely came on a stretcher. Then the stretcher was lifted by the King, the Grand Mufti, the Prime Minister and Prince Farooq of Egypt and brought to a glass coffin box made especially to keep the holy bodies. The body of Hazrat Jabir was also transferred to the glass box in the same scrupulous manner.

The most marvelous spectacle was now seen by the huge crowd that had gathered to witness this great event. Both the holy bodies of these true companions of the Holy Prophet (SAWW) were fresh and intact while their open eyes issued forth such divine light that the spectator's eyes were dazzled. Furthermore, their coffin, clothes, kaffan were also intact and at first glance, it appeared as if these heroes of Islam were alive. The two bodies were then taken away and buried afresh near the grave of another great hero of Islam, Salman-e-Farsi, in Salman Park which is 30 miles from Baghdad. This miracle amazed the scientists, philosophers and doctors. They were all bewildered and spellbound to witness this great miracle.

A German physiologist who had been showing a lot of interest in this was so impressed by the conditions of the bodies, which were buried for more than a thousand years, that he immediately came to the Grand Mufti, held up his hands and said, "What more evidence can there be in support of Islam. I embrace Islam so teach me about it!" Thus before thousands of people this German doctor became a Muslim. His example was followed by many Christians and Jews and for a long time it continued in Baghdad and a large number of people became Muslims as a result of this miracle.

Now let us all sit-back and think over this event and derive a lesson from this miracle. Pondering over such events is potent food for the mind and serves as an eye-opener to humanity. Some of the material above was published in a Pakistani newspaper, "Daily Jung" on 7th June 1970.

Let us now briefly look into the lives of these prominent personalities.

HAZRAT HUDHAIFA AL YAMANI

He was one of the most trusted companions of the Holy Prophet (SAWW). There are several instances in history where Hazrat Hudhaifa has proved steadfast in his loyalty to our Holy Prophet (SAWW). Hazrat Hudhaifa had responded to the Prophet's call in battle of Trench (Khandak) when the Prophet had promised Paradise to the person who would venture out to the enemy's camp with the intention of spying their activities. Hazrat Hudhaifa was known as "the possessor of the Secret", since the Holy Prophet (SAWW) had revealed to him the names and specific identity of those hypocrites who intended to kill him on his return journey from Tabuk, but had strictly instructed him not to disclose the secret. Hudhaifa was appointed governor of Madain (which is a place near Baghdad, Iraq) by Caliph Omar and held that post for many years. He was holding that post till Hazrat Ali (RA) assumed the caliphate. Hazrat Ali (RA) then sent a letter to the people of Madain, informing them of his caliphate and that Hudhaifa would continue to be the governor of Madian. Hudhaifa al Yamani died just before the battle of Jamal in 36 A.H. He was buried in Madain.

HAZRAT JABIR IBNE ABDULLAH-E-ANSARI

Jabir-e-Ansari was also one of the most exalted companions of the Holy Prophet (SAW). Jabir was in the forefront in 18 battles, under the banner of Islam. Jabir -e-Ansari was the last survivor amongst the companions of the Holy Prophets(SAW). Jabir, on hearing about the martyrdom of Hazrat Hussain(RA) and his companions and the imprisonment and humiliation of the surviving members of his family, hastened towards Kerbala with his devoted friends and followers and buried the martyrs there. He was the first person to pay homage to the martyrs of Kerbala and carry out their burial rites. He was tortured by Hajjaj bin Yusuf and it is reported that molten lead was poured on the hands of Jabir by the tyrant. Jabir-e-Ansari was 94 years old when he left this world for the heavenly abode in 78 A.H. He was also buried in Madain.

Last edited by NJamal; 24th July 2011 at 20:06.
Old 24th July 2011, 19:01
T20I Star

Debut: Jun 2009
Venue: London
Runs: 20,463
i even read somewhere that if you memorize Surah Yasin , your heart will remain intact in your grave .
Old 24th July 2011, 19:19
Tape Ball Star

Debut: Jun 2008
Runs: 1,057
If this story is true then that is really great. Why did Jaabir ibn Abdullah (RA) have to start a new ritual though?
Old 24th July 2011, 21:28
Junior Player

Debut: Mar 2011
Venue: Middlesbrough
Runs: 65
I don't understand why they were digging up graves of dead people especially the Sihaba, may Allah's mercy be upon them. The prophet clearly said we can only visit graves for one reason and that is to remind us of death. This is authentic hadith.

Shame Muslims are coming to this point, doing acts against prophet Muhammad pbuh's will.
Old 24th July 2011, 21:57
Local Club Regular

Debut: Aug 2010
Runs: 930
Subhan Allah
Old 24th July 2011, 22:05
ODI Debutant

Debut: Feb 2005
Venue: Barcelona
Runs: 9,721
I refuse to believe this.
Old 24th July 2011, 23:45
Tape Ball Captain

Debut: Dec 2009
Venue: Manchester
Runs: 1,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by zayn
I don't understand why they were digging up graves of dead people especially the Sihaba, may Allah's mercy be upon them. The prophet clearly said we can only visit graves for one reason and that is to remind us of death. This is authentic hadith.

Shame Muslims are coming to this point, doing acts against prophet Muhammad pbuh's will.
first read the full article than comment ... dont just read the title and start comenting
Old 24th July 2011, 23:53
ODI Debutant

Debut: Jun 2009
Venue: Lala Land- The Prime Minister.
Runs: 9,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by shan
what, this particular event, or that the conditions and state of the bodies?

MashaAllah.
Old 25th July 2011, 05:09
ODI Star

Quote:
Yeah we know you only believe in the western media.
Old 7th August 2011, 10:36
T20I Debutant

Debut: Jun 2011
Venue: Mardan - KPK
Runs: 7,228
Great read nasir bhai.

I wants to ask you a question.

I heard similar story that some body tried to go to Prophet Muhamad PBUH grave and naozobillah damage Muhammad PBUH body, But then the king of that time saw Prophet in his dream and told him about those two person. ( i cant remember the exact story nd sorry for my negligence)

Can you confirm if that was a true story or a false one? Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 10:47
T20I Star

Debut: Dec 2008
Venue: Norway
Runs: 20,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakhtoon_Rules
Great read nasir bhai.

I heard similar story that some body tried to go to Prophet Muhamad PBUH grave and naozobillah damage Muhammad PBUH body, But then the king of that time saw Prophet in his dream and told him about those two person. ( i cant remember the exact story nd sorry for my negligence)

Yes I have also heard something similar. What I remember it was a jew who tried to do that and then the Sultan ( I think when the turkish were the rulers) put some iron clubs to protect the Holy Roudha paak.

But I also need a confirmation on this JazakAllah.

Last edited by IAJ; 7th August 2011 at 10:49.
Old 7th August 2011, 11:01
ODI Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakhtoon_Rules
Great read nasir bhai.

That is absolutely true. There was these two jews in the disguise of Muslims. Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) came in the dream of Noor-ud- Din Zangi who was the ruler of Medina at that time. He showed him the faces of these two jews and instructed Noor-ud- Din Zangi to secure his grave.

The next day Nur-ud-Din sent his messengers all over the city of Medina and made this announcement that all Males of the city are invited for a feast in his palace in the evening.

In the evening when all people came Noor-ud-Din asked his guards that all males of the city came or not? They told him that all except one holy man who is praying all the time and refused to come. Noor-ud- Din said to his guards to take him to that man. When he reached the home of this holy man he was sitting on a praying mat and was praying. Noor-ud-Din asked him who he was and when this man turned towards Noor-ud-din he immediately recognized him as a person whom Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) had shown him in his dream.

He grabbed and and asked his guards to search for his other friend. When they removed his praying mat they saw a tunnel beneth it. The other person was in the tunnel digging it towards the grave of Holy Prophet (PBUH). One of them used to dig and the other used to sit on the mat.

Noor-ud-din ordered to melt iron and put it into their eyes, ears and throats as a death punishment for trying to take away the body of Holy Prophet (PBUH). Noor-ud-Din then ordered to dig a circle around the holy grave 50 feet deep and which was filled by melted iron, so that in future nobody will be able to perform such evil plot again.

Last edited by NJamal; 7th August 2011 at 14:52.
Old 7th August 2011, 11:15
T20I Debutant

Debut: Jun 2011
Venue: Mardan - KPK
Runs: 7,228
Thanks brother for verification and detail information.
Old 7th August 2011, 11:20
First Class Captain

Debut: Jul 2008
Runs: 5,215
Subhan'Allaah, and Praise be to Allaah (SWT) for showing Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) to King dream for mission that could have violated our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) grave if it wasn't for Allaah (SWT)'s HELP.

I never heard about this, someone was planning to dig Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), and Astagfirullah! No matter how much the enemies of Islam try to infiltrate Islam and Our Prophet Muhammad and Many Other Prophets of Islam (PBUTA)'s graves, at the end, they will suffer the worse than they could possibly imagine in Earth, and Hereafter, Ameen!

Thank you for sharing 'Opening of graves of two Sahabah in Iraq in 1932' and educating about Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)'s grave. May Allaah (SWT) rewards you blessing with great immensely, Ameen!

Jazak'Allah Khayr!

Last edited by MalikMohsin; 7th August 2011 at 11:22.
Old 7th August 2011, 13:09
ODI Debutant

Debut: Apr 2010
Venue: Brampton/Islamabad/Rawalpindi
Runs: 11,236
Isn't Tigris one of the rivers where one day gold will be found and people will fight over it. It is said to be one of the signs of day of judgement.
Old 8th August 2011, 01:02
Local Club Regular

Debut: Sep 2010
Runs: 726
what was the name of that german?
Old 8th August 2011, 01:23
First Class Captain

Venue: The UK's Faisalabad
Runs: 4,256
^ Yeah?
Old 8th August 2011, 01:42
Test Match Debutant

Debut: Jan 2006
Venue: Behind you
Runs: 13,147
Would be good to get some sources, or names of the doctors/scientists that were present and witnessed the event.
Old 8th August 2011, 01:51
T20I Debutant

Debut: May 2005
Venue: Dubai, UAE
Runs: 6,342
Quote:
Exactly! Where is the proof?

Cameras were invented in 1841!
Old 8th August 2011, 01:54
T20I Debutant

Debut: May 2005
Venue: Dubai, UAE
Runs: 6,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJamal
Yeah we know you only believe in the western media.
Stupid post. Just b/c someone doesn't believe this doesnt mean that he/she believes in "western propaganda". Some would call this thread a propaganda.

Let's not just throw terms here & there.
Old 8th August 2011, 05:49
ODI Star

All the people asking for sources either go to "The Daily Jung" newspaper office and ask for a copy of their newspaper printed on 7th June 1970 or Visit Iraq and confirm for yourselves. I believe in this and I had confirmed it. I don't care that you people believe it or not.
Old 8th August 2011, 10:42
Test Match Debutant

Debut: Jan 2005
Runs: 13,308
Well as far as I know, everything that happens in the grave is devine...IF the bodies were in good condition, this would not be visible to the naked eye.

Besides, I thought the digging up of graves is disallowed in Islam?

The Jung paper also apparently printed the following story:

Shortly after his death, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's wife started seeing him in dreams..now what he apparently told her in the dreams is that he is suffering. So one day, they decided to dig up his grave- the found that his 'tongue was wrapped around his neck like a noose'. Apparently, his punishment for singing.

Turned out this story was fabricated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPSTZpSEn_4

Last edited by in_cutter; 8th August 2011 at 10:50.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:56
First Class Captain

Venue: The UK's Faisalabad
Runs: 4,256
Quote:
All the people asking for sources either go to "The Daily Jung" newspaper office and ask for a copy of their newspaper printed on 7th June 1970 or Visit Iraq and confirm for yourselves. I believe in this and I had confirmed it. I don't care that you people believe it or not.
Woah, sor-ree for people wanting a little proof other than what you believe to be true.

The newspaper thing I get (though the onus is on you to get the Newspaper because you're putting forward that this definitely happened)

But How would visiting Iraq right now, help confirm or deny the story?
Old 8th August 2011, 14:40
ODI Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapori
Woah, sor-ree for people wanting a little proof other than what you believe to be true.

The newspaper thing I get (though the onus is on you to get the Newspaper because you're putting forward that this definitely happened)

But How would visiting Iraq right now, help confirm or deny the story?
There must be some official record in Iraq because it was ordered by the King and the Grand Mufti of Iraq themselves and also the current location of the graves can proof this.

My friend I told you if you wanna believe it or not is up to you so why would I bring the newspaper for you.
Old 8th August 2011, 15:07
ODI Debutant

Debut: Apr 2011
Venue: Vancouver
Runs: 10,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_cutter
Well as far as I know, everything that happens in the grave is devine...IF the bodies were in good condition, this would not be visible to the naked eye.

Besides, I thought the digging up of graves is disallowed in Islam?

The Jung paper also apparently printed the following story:

Shortly after his death, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's wife started seeing him in dreams..now what he apparently told her in the dreams is that he is suffering. So one day, they decided to dig up his grave- the found that his 'tongue was wrapped around his neck like a noose'. Apparently, his punishment for singing.

Turned out this story was fabricated.
in_cutter,

I remember this as well. I was quite young when this story came out and I recall my cousin telling me about it.

Needless to say, I was quite rattled and to this day, I have not forgotten about that printed story in Jang.
Old 9th August 2011, 09:34
Test Match Debutant

Debut: Mar 2010
Runs: 14,550
I'm going to need a little more convincing too, visiting iraq isn't an option for me.
Old 9th August 2011, 11:38
First Class Star

Debut: Aug 2010
Venue: New York
Runs: 3,309
yea so Allah swt kept these graves intact for all these years but somehow decided he was no longer going to protect them? OK
Secondly, does "the German scientist" have a name?

I would advise all muslims to stop spreading stories like these which have no basis in Islam