Go Back   PakPassion - Pakistan Cricket Forum > Sport > Cricket

Share This Forum!  

Old 31st October 2012, 08:33
PakPassion Administrator

Debut: Oct 2004
Runs: 66,214
"If he [Sarfraz] says anything more I will take [legal] action": Javed Miandad

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/17030053.cms

It seems like open season for lawsuits - except that they never seem to materialize - but as always, one lives in hope!

Quote:
KARACHI: Pakistan's former captain and cricket board official Javed Miandad has threatened to sue ex-teammate Sarfaraz Nawaz for stating that he pushed for the inclusion of tainted players in the PCB.

Miandad's warning to Nawaz came just a day after Pakistan's former Test pacer Ata ur Rehman said he had consulted his lawyers to send a notice to Nawaz for his comments.

Nawaz was until recently employed as a coach by the board. His accusations came after the PCB recently appointed ex-Test spinner Akram Raza to the umpires panel and also appointed Rehman as coach for the FATA area.

Miandad said he would warn Nawaz to be careful about what he says in future.

"I can deal with him in two ways but I will only advise him the judiciary is free and independent now and if he says anything more I will take action," Miandad said on TV

He also made it clear he wouldn't like to go into the past of the former Test pacer who should avoid mud slinging.

Miandad was also asked about the hefty salary he takes from the board and he defended it by saying he had turned down other lucrative offers to work in the PCB.

"I am committing no crime. I had got more lucrative offers to coach but I didn't accept them because I want to work in Pakistan cricket and contribute towards it. The figures quoted about the financial benefits I get in the board are not correct," he said.

Miandad praised the efforts of PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf insisting he had come with a clear vision to improve things in Pakistan cricket.

He also made it clear that he had no personal grudges against anyone in the board including former Chairman Ijaz Butt with whom he didn't get along.

"I respect Ijaz Butt as an elder. I may have cricket related differences with him but that does not mean I have any enmity with him. As far as Zaka Ashraf is concerned he has clear vision and wants to do something for Pakistan cricket."

During Butt's tenure, Miandad resigned after differences over policy matters but Ashraf recently gave more authority to the former captain.
Old 31st October 2012, 12:29
First Class Star

Debut: Nov 2011
Runs: 3,364
Gets paid for doing what...?
Old 31st October 2012, 12:34
First Class Captain

Debut: Aug 2012
Venue: Pakistan
Runs: 5,987
Sarfaraz.......................Cant believe he was coaching the talent Hunt

Nawaz and Akhtar just wont stop
Old 31st October 2012, 12:44
First Class Player

Debut: Oct 2009
Venue: ATL
Runs: 2,709
I don't get why people get upset over high salaries. Everyone tries to maximize their compensation. PCB is a revenue-generating, for-profit entity and as such people will get paid what they're worth....to PCB.

If Miandad is not doing what he's supposed to, then he should be fired. If he's overpaid, then that's PCB's fault.

Why should Miandad be blamed for getting a high salary? It's not a charity that he is working for.
Old 31st October 2012, 17:19
Local Club Star

Debut: Feb 2005
Runs: 1,690
You have to wonder though, what is going on here? Akram Raza, Ata Ur Rehman and now I hear Saleem Malik is in line for batting coach -- has Zardari just approved a Pakistani cricket equivalent of NRO or something ?

At this rate, expect Salman Butt to be appointed PCB marketing director, Mo Asif as PCB finance director and Mo Aamir as PCB Youth Ambassador or something.. given that they cant get directly involved in coaching or playing capacity.
Old 31st October 2012, 17:33
Pakpassion Statistics Guru

Debut: Feb 2006
Venue: USA
Runs: 26,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majid Khan
You have to wonder though, what is going on here? Akram Raza, Ata Ur Rehman and now I hear Saleem Malik is in line for batting coach -- has Zardari just approved a Pakistani cricket equivalent of NRO or something ?

At this rate, expect Salman Butt to be appointed PCB marketing director, Mo Asif as PCB finance director and Mo Aamir as PCB Youth Ambassador or something.. given that they cant get directly involved in coaching or playing capacity.
That is true... this is exaclty what Safraz said and everybody in PCB jumped on his case.

Quote:

But the problem with Sarfraz is that ..... just like Zulqarnain, he always threatens with proof but never gives any. The other day, he told the same to Salman Butt that "Stop talking like women and bring out the proof if you have any...."...and yet he does the same (does not give any proof of fixing) himself.
Old 31st October 2012, 20:01
Tape Ball Captain

Debut: Jun 2009
Runs: 1,831
Sarfraz Nawaz has no self respect, he wants you to believe that hes like that old village lady who has some dirt on everyone in the village. I must give credits to other cricketers as they do not stoop down to his level but still, i'm waiting for one of his ex-team mate to blow him away, i'm honestly sick of him.
Old 31st October 2012, 20:37
PakPassion Administrator

Debut: Oct 2004
Runs: 66,214
As always - keep politics and other non-cricketing innuendo out of this discussion - thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 23:24
First Class Player

Debut: Oct 2009
Venue: ATL
Runs: 2,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenInG
As always - keep politics and other non-cricketing innuendo out of this discussion - thanks
MIG Bhai, aap ka avatar dekh ker Khud ba Khud siyaasi baatein yaad aa jaati hain.