User Name Password
Go Back   PakPassion - Pakistan Cricket Forum > Off Topic > Time Pass

Share This Forum!  

Old 23rd November 2012, 05:11
ODI Debutant

Debut: Feb 2011
Venue: DEVILs BASEMENT
Runs: 8,668
Sharia police state? Saudi husbands can track wives’ travels electronically!

Sharia police state? Saudi husbands can track wives’ travels electronically
Published: 22 November, 2012, 21:00

Quote:
Saudi Arabia introduced an electronic tracking system that alerts men by text message when their wife is leaving the country, even if they are traveling together. The system was swiftly condemned by activists and Twitter users.
Saudi women – banned in the country from driving, denied the right to travel without their husband’s consent and required to wear a veil from head to toe – are now to be monitored by a new electronic system that tracks cross-border movement, AFP reported.
Woman in Saudi Arabia are not allowed to leave the ultraconservative kingdom without the permission of their male ‘guardian,’ or husband, who must give his consent by signing a register known as the ‘yellow sheet’ at the border or airport. Now, husbands will receive a text message to remind them even if they’re traveling outside the country alongside their wife.
The move was quickly condemned and ridiculed on Twitter, which has remained an island of free speech in the repressive Islamic nation:
“Hello Taliban, herewith some tips from the Saudi e-government,” one user wrote.
“If I need an SMS to let me know my wife is leaving Saudi Arabia, then I’m either married to the wrong woman or need a psychiatrist,” user Hisham wrote.
“Why don’t you cuff your women with ankle bracelets too?” user Israa joked.
User Raza Ahmad quipped, “Good going Saudi Arabia, what’s next chastity belts?”
“The authorities are using technology to monitor women, it would be better for the government to busy itself with finding a solution for women subjected to domestic violence,” columnist Badriya al-Bishr said, criticizing what she called the “state of slavery under which women are held.”
Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world where women are not allowed to drive. In June 2011, female activists lead by Manal al-Sheif launched a campaign to defy the ban. But many were arrested and forced to sign a pledge that they would never drive again. In a similar incident in November 1990, 47 women were arrested after staging a demonstration in their cars.
King Abdullah, seen by the West as a cautious reformer, granted women the right to vote and run in municipal election beginning in 2015. Also, the newly appointed chief of the religious police commission – which enforces Saudi Arabia’s severe version of Sharia law – Sheikh Abdullatif Abdel Aziz al-Sheikh, banned members of the commission from harassing Saudi women over their dress and behavior.
But these signs of a more lenient attitude towards women have done little to dent a widely repressive and patriarchal culture. The kingdom enforces strict rules governing interactions between the sexes, and the many restrictions placed on Saudi women have led to high levels of female unemployment, estimated to around 30 percent.
Suicide rates among young Saudi women are also some of the highest in the world, with many attempting to take their lives “when they realize that their right to choose with their own free will is denied,” an anonymous female doctor in the Saudi city of Riyadh said in a 2011 interview.
“Saudi women are treated as minors throughout their lives, even if they hold high positions, there can never be reform in the Kingdom without changing the status of women as equals to men,” liberal activist Suad Shemmari told AFP.

SRC

SRC2

i was just thinking about making an app to track ur wife if she's out of the kitchen.....

Not sure if Saudis like Android or iOS or Windows platform more???

Last edited by LethalSami; 23rd November 2012 at 05:42.
Old 23rd November 2012, 05:14
First Class Captain

Debut: Oct 2012
Runs: 5,588
you cant make an app to track if she is out of the kitchen..gps has an error of 10 meters, doesnt work always.. and trying indoor localization using wifi signals is difficult..
Old 23rd November 2012, 05:20
ODI Debutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleMan
you cant make an app to track if she is out of the kitchen..gps has an error of 10 meters, doesnt work always.. and trying indoor localization using wifi signals is difficult..
nigga plz

modern GPS (seen em installed in John Deere's automated GPS tractors) are as accurate +/- an inch

so you can track if she's making you a sandwich, cleaning the dishes, or drying the dishes
Old 23rd November 2012, 05:33
First Class Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalSami
nigga plz

modern GPS (seen em installed in John Deere's automated GPS tractors) are as accurate +/- an inch

so you can track if she's making you a sandwich, cleaning the dishes, or drying the dishes
then you havent probably made a gps app.. for gps to work accurately you need clear visibility..doesnt work inside apartments.. read on indoor localization if it was so easy.. poor phd students are trying to improve indoor localization and here you have solved it on a forum..
Old 23rd November 2012, 05:38
ODI Debutant

then explain how they can achieve such precision GPS farming if ur claiming a margin of error of +/- 10 meters

even IF what you say is true, you can still tell if SHE's in the kitchen making a sandwich or NOT!
Old 23rd November 2012, 05:44
First Class Captain

Debut: Aug 2008
Venue: Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Runs: 5,284
and the Book of Revelations gets another hit ......
Old 23rd November 2012, 05:48
First Class Captain

Quote:
then explain how they can achieve such precision GPS farming if ur claiming a margin of error of +/- 10 meters

even IF what you say is true, you can still tell if SHE's in the kitchen making a sandwich or NOT!
the gps on the phones have a margin of 10 meter..if you want high accuracy you cant do it on the phone..

maybe you can tell if she is making a sandwich or not..but that would not be by using gps technology..maybe acoustics, otherwise i see no way of doing it on a phone
Old 23rd November 2012, 06:20
Tape Ball Star

Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 1,019
Their country, their rules

It is an electronic version of hiring a detective to spy on your wifes incase she is having an affair with other person.

Implementing this technology can seriously dent the relationship of a couple.
Old 23rd November 2012, 06:26
First Class Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRS
Their country, their rules

It is an electronic version of hiring a detective to spy on your wifes incase she is having an affair with other person.

Implementing this technology can seriously dent the relationship of a couple.
Having to check up on your spouse means that you should not be married in any event.

Your last sentence is spot on.
Old 23rd November 2012, 06:29
First Class Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
Having to check up on your spouse means that you should not be married in any event.

Your last sentence is spot on.
people can change over time..if your (you in the general sense) wife loves you before marriage doesnt mean she will still be in love with you 10 years later.. so wrong to say that one must not marry if they have to check on their spouse.. but not checking has its advantages..because what you dont know doesnt hurt you
Old 23rd November 2012, 06:33
First Class Captain

Quote:
people can change over time..if your (you in the general sense) wife loves you before marriage doesnt mean she will still be in love with you 10 years later.. so wrong to say that one must not marry if they have to check on their spouse.. but not checking has its advantages..because what you dont know doesnt hurt you
Agree, people can change over time.

If you are in a long term marriage and you feel that you have to check on your spouse, then you should no longer be married.

I do not agree with your last sentence at all my friend!!!
Old 23rd November 2012, 06:37
First Class Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
Agree, people can change over time.

If you are in a long term marriage and you feel that you have to check on your spouse, then you should no longer be married.

I do not agree with your last sentence at all my friend!!!
i agree that if there is no trust between the partners they should no longer be married, but sometimes it is not so easy. what if they sake to continue living under the same roof just for the sake of their kids.

one should trust each other, but if one suspects a change in behaviour, it is catch 22. if you ask your spouse he/she might say that dont you trust me, if you dont ask and go for spying, and if found out, again it hurts the relation..
Old 23rd November 2012, 07:02
First Class Captain

Quote:
i agree that if there is no trust between the partners they should no longer be married, but sometimes it is not so easy. what if they sake to continue living under the same roof just for the sake of their kids.

one should trust each other, but if one suspects a change in behaviour, it is catch 22. if you ask your spouse he/she might say that dont you trust me, if you dont ask and go for spying, and if found out, again it hurts the relation..
Living together for the sake of the children is the worst possible decision parents can make. 2 happy homes is better than 1 unhappy home.

If you suspect that your spouse is having an affair then just ask them. If they say no, accept it. If they say yes, well then, get divorced.
Old 23rd November 2012, 08:55
Local Club Star

Debut: Jan 2008
Runs: 1,517
Hmmm multiple wireless hots spots in the house. Lets say five and you can accurately track exactly where one is. Lethal you might have a point here
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:00
First Class Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathstreak
Hmmm multiple wireless hots spots in the house. Lets say five and you can accurately track exactly where one is. Lethal you might have a point here
first of all, people dont have multiple hotspots at home..second, there is multipath fading effect..the signal strength of wifi fluctuates not just with distance but also with time at a single location..you might have to train the signal trace using machine learning techniques.. but i dont think he had that in mind
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:18
Test Match Debutant

Debut: Apr 2011
Venue: bangalore
Runs: 16,646
there is no use of knowing the current location of Sheikha , unless the system list the identities of the people who are with Sheikha
Old 23rd November 2012, 11:30
ODI Debutant

Debut: May 2010
Venue: UK
Runs: 9,976
Are Saudi wives banned from using mobile phones? Because I'm thinking they could use the tracking device to spy on husbands as well.
Old 23rd November 2012, 13:59
ODI Debutant

Debut: Mar 2008
Runs: 10,865
What is the use?

Why do Saudi men need to know the real-time location of their wives?
Old 23rd November 2012, 16:18
T20I Debutant

Debut: Jan 2007
Runs: 7,954
What about a wifi enabled miniature headcam built into the headscarf or veil, to see who they are talking to, what they are looking at, what numbers they are dialling on their phone, or even what they are eating and drinking, even what they have left behind on the plate uneaten!
Old 23rd November 2012, 16:31
First Class Captain

Debut: Apr 2004
Runs: 4,751
Their insecurities have reached another level now !! lol
Old 23rd November 2012, 18:29
ODI Debutant

Runs: 9,228
Why are Saudi men so insecure? Do they think that their women will elope with their Subcontinent car drivers?
Old 23rd November 2012, 18:56
T20I Debutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun_minhas
Why are Saudi men so insecure? Do they think that their women will elope with their Subcontinent car drivers?
Yes.
There are numerous cases, all kept hushhush, whereby the rich employ subcontinental gardeners, cooks and drivers who are often fairly young, and since these are often the only 'outside' males that are allowed to be around whom the females of the household, including 'neglected wives' & teenage daughters, can interact with on a daily basis (being driven by them to the shops, cleaning the pool, gardening etc.), often when nobody else is around, well ....neglected females ....young subcontinental males far away from their own families, wives....you get the picture.

And of course, there will be instances when the lines will be crossed, with all the varying consequences..trying to run away together, being caught out, pregnancies, the guy (or even the female involved) beaten up/quietly murdered...
Everybody knows it goes on ... but nobody talks about it, not least due to shame on the family, or worse, being done for murder.
Old 23rd November 2012, 20:36
Local Club Captain

Debut: Jun 2009
Venue: England
Runs: 2,200
I do hope we are not going to confuse Islam with nonsense such as this. Just because some have no idea about the purpose of religion, does not mean everyone should follow suit.
Old 23rd November 2012, 20:46
T20I Debutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadz
I do hope we are not going to confuse Islam with nonsense such as this. Just because some have no idea about the purpose of religion, does not mean everyone should follow suit.
We're not talking about Islam - we're talking about the Saudi State - not neccesarily the same thing.
Old 23rd November 2012, 20:53
Local Club Captain

Debut: Jun 2009
Venue: England
Runs: 2,200
I am referring, in the main, to the title of this thread, whose introduction reads: Sharia police state...
Old 23rd November 2012, 21:10
ODI Debutant

Debut: Mar 2008
Runs: 10,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun_minhas
But do they track their car drivers if he is inside the house when the master is away ?
Old 23rd November 2012, 21:42
T20I Debutant

Old 23rd November 2012, 21:44
Test Match Debutant

Debut: Jul 2010
Runs: 14,354
If they had an app that alerted you when females were in the vicinity of shopping centes it would be useful.
Old 23rd November 2012, 21:46
First Class Captain

if anyone wants an android app, let me know..i can make it for you...i have quite a lot of experience on making apps
Old 23rd November 2012, 22:29
Winner of PP Design a Flyer Competition

Debut: Mar 2007
Runs: 3,080
Brilliant... I need to get this.
Old 23rd November 2012, 23:04
ODI Debutant

Quote:
if anyone wants an android app, let me know..i can make it for you...i have quite a lot of experience on making apps
yes please do

as DV suggested, it should also send alerts when she's not in the kitchen making a sandwich......or went out to waste the hard-earned money
Old 23rd November 2012, 23:08
First Class Captain

Quote:
yes please do

as DV suggested, it should also send alerts when she's not in the kitchen making a sandwich......or went out to waste the hard-earned money
i have the technology ready...just need to arrange a female to test the app
Old 23rd November 2012, 23:47
T20I Debutant

Debut: May 2008
Runs: 6,676
Another story..

Saudi women-only city? Look again

http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/sa...-again-0022319
''....the sea would be exhausted before the words of my Lord were exhausted... ''(18:109)
Old 23rd November 2012, 23:58
ODI Debutant

Quote:
i have the technology ready...just need to arrange a female to test the app
we can be Alpha testers...

please share the code along with the app, so we can modify it to our liking
Old 24th November 2012, 07:40
TimePass Post of the Week Winner

Debut: Jul 2006
Runs: 13,485

Well if you have a precious diamond, wont you want to always know where it is so that it is not stolen? ;)

Last edited by Indiafan; 24th November 2012 at 07:47.
Old 24th November 2012, 07:42

Double Post

Last edited by Indiafan; 24th November 2012 at 07:47.
Old 24th November 2012, 07:50
Senior ODI Player

Debut: Jan 2006
Venue: Yorkshire
Runs: 35,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiafan
Well if you have a precious diamond, wont you want to always know where it is so that it is not stolen? ;)

Remember the meme posted by some religious guy (with no hint of irony) that compared a woman to a lollipop with flies hovering around it, yet if you cover the woman/wrap the lollipop the flies go away.

Old 24th November 2012, 09:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by James

Remember the meme posted by some religious guy (with no hint of irony) that compared a woman to a lollipop with flies hovering around it, yet if you cover the woman/wrap the lollipop the flies go away.

I was very tempted to mention the difference between a castrated and non-castrated dog as a response to suggest how to rein in men but thought people might get offended here
Old 26th November 2012, 01:12
T20I Debutant

Debut: Dec 2006
Venue: Blackhole
Runs: 8,402
And who is going to track the husbands when they leave their wives behind to have fun with other "women" in Egypt and Bahrain?

I lived 17 years in Saudi and majority if the laws have nothing to do with Islam but their backward customs and mentality.

LOL @ at the humorous remarks. Good one.