User Name Password
Go Back   PakPassion - Pakistan Cricket Forum > Sport > Cricket


Share This Forum!  
 
 
     
 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 20th May 2013, 17:36
vandokkum's Avatar
vandokkum vandokkum is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Jan 2013
Runs: 3,625
Asia XI vs World XI

Would be fun to have a test series, India/ Pakistan/ SL and Bd vs Eng/ SA/ Aus/ NZ/ WI.

Post your xi's and winner. It will be a 3 match series, first match in Kolkata (turning pitch not dustbowl), second match at Headingley (good seamer condition but not green track) and final match in Sydney(assisting seamers first then turn later) so there is no home advantage.

Asia xi- Dilshan
Vijay
Sangakkara
Pujara
Younis
Jayawardene (captain)
Dhoni (wk)
Junaid
Irfan
Ajmal
Herath

World xi- Cook
Smith
Amla
KP
Kallis
Clarke (captain)
de villiers (wk)
Philander
Swann
Steyn
Anderson.

Last edited by vandokkum; 20th May 2013 at 17:39.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20th May 2013, 17:57
Executioner's Avatar
Executioner Executioner is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Mar 2012
Runs: 8,171
On topic, world XI would and SHOULD win. Dhoni hasnt been a great t, test player, Vijay is Smith's competitor and Junaid-Irfan are far too inexperiened to be classed anywhere near steyn anderson. Pujara has just begun his career. Dillu is a good batsman, but not really the best.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20th May 2013, 18:01
Varun Varun is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Dec 2012
Venue: Indian Ocean
Runs: 7,329
The sub-continental cricket scene must be pretty bleak if Vijay is making it atop that list.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20th May 2013, 18:12
leatherface58's Avatar
leatherface58 leatherface58 is offline
Test Match Debutant
 
Debut: Jul 2011
Runs: 13,154
Re: Asia xi vs World xi

Asia XI

Dilshan Dhawan Pujara Sangakkara(wk and C) Kohli/ Mahela Shakib Mathews Herath/Irfan Ajmal Junaid Rahat

Mahela is a walking wicket outside SC. Kohli is better though nothing special yet. Scary thing is there are so few decent subcontinental pacers now. Earlier, there were the Pakistan brigade, Vaas, Srinath, Agarkar, etc. Now even Irfan averages in his 60s.

World XI

Cook(c) Smith Amla Clarke Kallis Chanderpaul AB (wk) Philander/Pattinson Swann Steyn Jimmy

Pattinson comes in for Philly during the SC game. He has shown ability to run through sides in SC.

World XI will run through Asia methinks at Sydney and Headingley. Eden will go to Asia due to their superior spin attack.

2-1 to World XI ultimately.
__________________
2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20th May 2013, 18:19
vandokkum's Avatar
vandokkum vandokkum is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Jan 2013
Runs: 3,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherface58
Asia XI

Dilshan Dhawan Pujara Sangakkara(wk and C) Kohli/ Mahela Shakib Mathews Herath/Irfan Ajmal Junaid Rahat

Mahela is a walking wicket outside SC. Kohli is better though nothing special yet. Scary thing is there are so few decent subcontinental pacers now. Earlier, there were the Pakistan brigade, Vaas, Srinath, Agarkar, etc. Now even Irfan averages in his 60s.

World XI

Cook(c) Smith Amla Clarke Kallis Chanderpaul AB (wk) Philander/Pattinson Swann Steyn Jimmy

Pattinson comes in for Philly during the SC game. He has shown ability to run through sides in SC.

World XI will run through Asia methinks at Sydney and Headingley. Eden will go to Asia due to their superior spin attack.

2-1 to World XI ultimately.
Agarkar was one of the worst bowlers ever... averaged 50 odd
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 20th May 2013, 18:19
Executioner's Avatar
Executioner Executioner is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Mar 2012
Runs: 8,171
Apart from sanga, younus, ajmal and herath, none of the Asia XI would be able to fit into the world XI squad.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 20th May 2013, 18:20
Buffet's Avatar
Buffet Buffet is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Aug 2011
Runs: 7,742
Your Asia XI is very weak when compared to world XI. Lot of inexperienced players in Asia XI. Batting is reasonable and spin attack is quality one but fast bowling unit seriously lacks the punch. Asia XI has chance to win only at Kolkata and I am am not too sure about that as well.

World XI should win the series with very high probability. Looks one sided contest to me and it's not surprising because currently you have two non SC teams as top 2 teams. With India at 3, Pakistan at 5 and SL at 6 it's not a surprise that World XI and Asia XI contest looks lopsided. If you do same analysis when two SC teams are top 2 then I am sure that situation will look different.
__________________
"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Last edited by Buffet; 20th May 2013 at 18:32.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 20th May 2013, 18:24
leatherface58's Avatar
leatherface58 leatherface58 is offline
Test Match Debutant
 
Debut: Jul 2011
Runs: 13,154
Re: Asia xi vs World xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandokkum
Agarkar was one of the worst bowlers ever... averaged 50 odd
He was decent in ODI and I mean the guy has a ton at Lord's where Lord could not get 40 and won India a test in Oz. He sucked more than he didn't but he had his moments.
__________________
2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 20th May 2013, 18:27
vandokkum's Avatar
vandokkum vandokkum is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Jan 2013
Runs: 3,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Executioner
Apart from sanga, younus, ajmal and herath, none of the Asia XI would be able to fit into the world XI squad.
Don't see anyone other than Sanga and Ajmal making it in world xi...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 20th May 2013, 18:35
Executioner's Avatar
Executioner Executioner is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Mar 2012
Runs: 8,171
7 years ago, Asia XI would have won.

SRT, RD, Yousuf, Inzi murali and vaas, all where great players. They would be able to beat world XI. BTW, its not a great contest, when you consider that there are 3 good teams in Asia XI and from the others, there is only 1 decent test player, while world XI includes 5 good teams.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 20th May 2013, 18:36
Executioner's Avatar
Executioner Executioner is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Mar 2012
Runs: 8,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandokkum
Don't see anyone other than Sanga and Ajmal making it in world xi...
on turning wickets or normal wickets, herath and younus might get picked, otherwise not
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 20th May 2013, 18:39
Buffet's Avatar
Buffet Buffet is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Aug 2011
Runs: 7,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Executioner
7 years ago, Asia XI would have won.

SRT, RD, Yousuf, Inzi murali and vaas, all where great players. They would be able to beat world XI. BTW, its not a great contest, when you consider that there are 3 good teams in Asia XI and from the others, there is only 1 decent test player, while world XI includes 5 good teams.
I think contest will be there if you have SC teams as top 2-3 teams at the time of picking the XI. World XI having 5 countries won't matter that much but you are right here. Right now 3 good teams in SC and they are not really doing so well so it makes it an uneven contest.
__________________
"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 20th May 2013, 18:42
vandokkum's Avatar
vandokkum vandokkum is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Jan 2013
Runs: 3,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Executioner
7 years ago, Asia XI would have won.

SRT, RD, Yousuf, Inzi murali and vaas, all where great players. They would be able to beat world XI. BTW, its not a great contest, when you consider that there are 3 good teams in Asia XI and from the others, there is only 1 decent test player, while world XI includes 5 good teams.
Well, NZ and WI didn't get any picks... so. 7 years ago World xi would have been even stronger, with 6 out of 11 players being Aussies.. but Asia xi would have been a lot stronger
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 20th May 2013, 18:45
Buffet's Avatar
Buffet Buffet is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Aug 2011
Runs: 7,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandokkum
7 years ago World xi would have been even stronger, .. but Asia xi would have been a lot stronger
True but that would have made bit closer contest than your current scenario. If game was played in each test playing nation then I think batting line up having the likes of SRT/Shehwag/Dravid/Sanga/YK/VVS/MoYo would have dominated in SC irrespective of opposition bowling unit. Moyo is one of the greatest bat in home conditions. They would have done reasonably well even outside SC due to SRT/Dravid/Sanga. Asia XI bowling would have done very well in SC and competitive outside.

Over all contest would have been lot closer but World XI wins it due to many ATG's from Aus team filling the spots.
__________________
"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Last edited by Buffet; 20th May 2013 at 19:03.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 20th May 2013, 18:49
vandokkum's Avatar
vandokkum vandokkum is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Jan 2013
Runs: 3,625
One thing's for sure, right now Asia xi is the weakest possible in atleast the last 20 years.... Wasim/ Waqar/ Tendulkar/ Murali alone would have made sure that it would be a close contest.. On the flip side, this is the strongest SA/ Eng xi ever, they make up 10 out of the 11... weakest OZ squad in ages.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 20th May 2013, 19:01
amit's Avatar
amit amit is offline
Local Club Captain
 
Debut: Jan 2005
Venue: New Delhi, India
Runs: 2,494
have tried to include atleast 1 player from all teams

asia xi

dhawan
dilshan
pujara
sangakkara (w)
kohli
misbah (c)
nasir hussain
ashwin
ajmal
bk
junaid

row xi

cook
amla
kallis
kp
clarke (c)
chanderpaul
de villiers (w)
southee
swann
steyn
anderson

asia xi to win 3-0. ashwin & ajmal will blow them away in kolkata. in headingley, junaid & bk will be unplayable. in sydney, ashwin & ajmal will do the trick again before junaid & bk start things off as for batting, dhawan, pujara, kohli & misbah will take care of that department

asia xi looks a lot different now. 5 years ago & everyone would select sehwag, gambhir, tendulkar, dravid, laxman, younis khan, sangakkara(still there), zaheer, muralitharan, kumble, mohammad amir

Last edited by amit; 20th May 2013 at 19:07.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 20th May 2013, 19:09
Buffet's Avatar
Buffet Buffet is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Aug 2011
Runs: 7,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandokkum
One thing's for sure, right now Asia xi is the weakest possible in atleast the last 20 years
True.

Batting greats of India and fast bowling greats of Pakistan are not there. Then Murali is absent. So cupboard is empty right now. Team will lose majority of their games outside SC.
__________________
"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 20th May 2013, 19:41
Executioner's Avatar
Executioner Executioner is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Mar 2012
Runs: 8,171
SC team 12 years would have destroyed most teams:

Murali
vaas
SRT
Wasim
Waqar

Damn, there were so many quality bowlers that even the likes of akhtar, kumble, saqlain had to be omitted.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 20th May 2013, 19:42
Executioner's Avatar
Executioner Executioner is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Mar 2012
Runs: 8,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandokkum
Well, NZ and WI didn't get any picks... so. 7 years ago World xi would have been even stronger, with 6 out of 11 players being Aussies.. but Asia xi would have been a lot stronger
I think chanderpaul could get a spot
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 20th May 2013, 22:03
chacha kashmiri's Avatar
chacha kashmiri chacha kashmiri is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: May 2008
Runs: 6,656
too many slit writters

world xi would get demolished in asia

it would basically be asia vs south africa
__________________
''....the sea would be exhausted before the words of my Lord were exhausted... ''(18:109)
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 20th May 2013, 22:07
speed's Avatar
speed speed is online now
First Class Star
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Runs: 3,594
Ajmal and herath is enough to beat world xi in asia no need for any pacers.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 20th May 2013, 22:14
chacha kashmiri's Avatar
chacha kashmiri chacha kashmiri is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: May 2008
Runs: 6,656
dilshan
iqbal
kohli
sangakarra
misbah ul haq
pujara
matthews
shakib
ajmal
herath
kulasekara/malinga
__________________
''....the sea would be exhausted before the words of my Lord were exhausted... ''(18:109)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 20th May 2013, 22:27
DeadlyVenom DeadlyVenom is offline
Test Match Debutant
 
Debut: Jul 2010
Runs: 14,354
Misbah should be in your Asian XI in place of Vijay
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 20th May 2013, 22:43
ahmed16's Avatar
ahmed16 ahmed16 is offline
Tape Ball Captain
 
Debut: Dec 2008
Venue: London, UK
Runs: 1,908
Vijay and Dilshan as the openers which I agree with, based on lack of options (lets face it, who else is going to play that role in an asian test 11, maybe Gambhir who is out of favour) really proves Asian cricket is currently in the shits.

Misbah should definitely be there and Perhaps Tamim/Shakib aswell for some Bangladesh representation
__________________
Shahid Afridi....the skill, the power, the frustration

Last edited by ahmed16; 20th May 2013 at 22:45.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 20th May 2013, 22:53
vandokkum's Avatar
vandokkum vandokkum is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Jan 2013
Runs: 3,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom
Misbah should be in your Asian XI in place of Vijay
Vijay is an opener, Misbah would have to replace one of the big guns to get in.. I guess he is now a better batsman than Jayawardene so he could replace him.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 20th May 2013, 22:58
Buffet's Avatar
Buffet Buffet is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Aug 2011
Runs: 7,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandokkum
Vijay is an opener, Misbah would have to replace one of the big guns to get in.. I guess he is now a better batsman than Jayawardene so he could replace him.
Both have only 3 century each at international level but they are contender for a spot in Asia XI. LOL, Shows the current level.
__________________
"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Last edited by Buffet; 20th May 2013 at 23:01.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 20th May 2013, 23:02
vandokkum's Avatar
vandokkum vandokkum is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Jan 2013
Runs: 3,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffet
Both have only 3 century each at international level but they are contender for a spot in Asia XI. LOL, Shows the current level.
lol, I was scratching my head trying to think of an opener in the asia xi
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 20th May 2013, 23:32
Buffet's Avatar
Buffet Buffet is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Aug 2011
Runs: 7,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandokkum
lol, I was scratching my head trying to think of an opener in the asia xi
OK , may be for openers you are running out of options. SC normally had problem in producing great openers but SC has produced many ATG's/Great middle order bat. Now even for middle order we have Misbah as a contender who has only 3 international century in 150+ international games.
__________________
"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 20th May 2013, 23:39
vandokkum's Avatar
vandokkum vandokkum is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Jan 2013
Runs: 3,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffet
OK , may be for openers you are running out of options. SC normally had problem in producing great openers but SC has produced many ATG's/Great middle order bat. Now even for middle order we have Misbah as a contender who has only 3 international century in 150+ international games.
Well, it makes sense that new generation of cricketers are more interested in the shorter versions, I doubt we will ever see another Gavaskar/ Dravid/ Anwar anytime soon.. Likes of Murali vijay and Dilshan would have been eaten for breakfast by the bowlers in the 80's and 90's..
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 20th May 2013, 23:56
soso_killer's Avatar
soso_killer soso_killer is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Jan 2013
Runs: 5,882
The problem for Asian teams is that they dont have a bowling attack to compete outside Asia. They would get slaughtered.

The same in Asia too to be honest albeit being slightly competitive. You have Amla, Kallis who play good spin bowling very well to some extent Cook i'd ask one/two these guys drop anchor and then AB, Clarke and KP would come in and attack. It would not be a contest to be honest. I would love to see Swann in this attack thats for sure
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 21st May 2013, 01:18
Momin Baig's Avatar
Momin Baig Momin Baig is offline
Local Club Regular
 
Debut: Sep 2012
Runs: 811
The thing is that the outcome of this game would probably be based on where it is played. If it was played in Asia, then I think that Asia would win. If the match was played in say South Africa or England, then the Asian XI would probably be out matched.
__________________
"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 21st May 2013, 02:03
Convict Convict is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Nov 2012
Venue: Perth
Runs: 6,927
World

1. Cook
2. Smith
3. Amla
4. Kallis
5. Clarke
6. KP
7. De Villiers+
8. Swan
9. Anderson
10. Steyn
11. Phillander

12 Monty

Can't see it losing anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 21st May 2013, 02:18
vandokkum's Avatar
vandokkum vandokkum is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Jan 2013
Runs: 3,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict
World

1. Cook
2. Smith
3. Amla
4. Kallis
5. Clarke
6. KP
7. De Villiers+
8. Swan
9. Anderson
10. Steyn
11. Phillander

12 Monty

Can't see it losing anywhere.
The world xi pretty much picks itself, the Asia xi not so much. Never thought I would ever see an Asia xi without tendulkar while he is still playing
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 21st May 2013, 02:42
Buffet's Avatar
Buffet Buffet is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Aug 2011
Runs: 7,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandokkum
The world xi pretty much picks itself, the Asia xi not so much. Never thought I would ever see an Asia xi without tendulkar while he is still playing
Actually he is really in decline in last few years but to keep some perspective, Last 3 years: 2390 runs @ 45.96

Last 2 years, he has been really poor( Avg lower 30s) but then guy like Jayawardene, who is a contender for Asia XI, has been equally poor (avg 31-32) in last 2 years but some how no one notices that.
__________________
"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Last edited by Buffet; 21st May 2013 at 02:52.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 21st May 2013, 03:24
Executioner's Avatar
Executioner Executioner is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Mar 2012
Runs: 8,171
I am surprised that no-one considered Vettori. He is an effective SLA who can bat as well. Has more centuries than half of the batsman in the BD test team
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 21st May 2013, 03:40
ads101's Avatar
ads101 ads101 is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Dec 2009
Runs: 11,425
World XI would be far stronger afraid to say. Only one guy would get into the best XI now out of Asia and that's Ajmal. Maybe Sangakaara too, but that's only maybe. Weakest Asian XI in ages.

I'd substitute Sydney with the Oval to make it fair. Wherever in Australia, playing there is hard for subcontinent teams. Oval on the other hand, subcontinent teams generally find it a bit more similar. And given there's quite a lot of English players in the World XI who should be used to the oval, it'll even out.

We'd win in Asia simply because the batsmen will be better suited to playing spin in asian conditions. Lose everywhere else.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 21st May 2013, 03:51
Bilal7's Avatar
Bilal7 Bilal7 is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Venue: Mississauga, Canada
Runs: 9,883
What do South Africa, England and Australia have in common? If anything it should be An Asia 11 vs Africa 11 (South Africa and Zimbos), vs Europe 11 (England and Ireland), et cetera.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 21st May 2013, 03:51
Bilal7's Avatar
Bilal7 Bilal7 is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Venue: Mississauga, Canada
Runs: 9,883
double post

Last edited by Bilal7; 21st May 2013 at 04:08.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 21st May 2013, 04:00
Sandeep99's Avatar
Sandeep99 Sandeep99 is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Jun 2011
Venue: Hyderabad
Runs: 8,395
Unfortunately, there are not many international class batsmen present in Asia at this point of time! Especially India. Only Pujara and maybe Dhoni will feature in the final Asian XI from our side
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 21st May 2013, 04:25
Madplayer's Avatar
Madplayer Madplayer is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Aug 2012
Venue: at ma crib
Runs: 6,145
The asia XI mentioned in the OP would be stripped naked and spanked by that world XI team.

My Asia XI would be:

gambhir or tamim
pujara
Younis
sangakara (wk)(c)
jayawardane
misbah
shakib
ajmal
junaid
irfan
umesh yadav (couldnt find one fast bowler who fits in the role of a 3rd seamer so i went for pace, he cant be expensive in tests)

bench : herath, bhuvneshwar, kohli, asad shafiq.

Mediocre/unproven openers, solid middle and lower order, good spin options and talented but unproven quicks. Even then world XI would be hard to beat.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 21st May 2013, 05:57
Executioner's Avatar
Executioner Executioner is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Mar 2012
Runs: 8,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep99
Unfortunately, there are not many international class batsmen present in Asia at this point of time! Especially India. Only Pujara and maybe Dhoni will feature in the final Asian XI from our side
You forgot Sir Jadeja. He can easily destroy the World XI
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 21st May 2013, 06:00
HamzaSaeen's Avatar
HamzaSaeen HamzaSaeen is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Nov 2012
Venue: Hawks Fortress
Runs: 10,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Executioner
You forgot Sir Jadeja. He can easily destroy the World XI
one sir jadeja is enough to destroy the whole world XI, no need for the other 10 players in asia XI
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 21st May 2013, 07:49
IndianWillow's Avatar
IndianWillow IndianWillow is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Jun 2010
Runs: 4,946
Asia XI cannot beat SA XI atm. There is no chance against World XI. They may win at Kolkata and make it 2-1. With all the three teams India, Pakistan and Srilanka having lots of new players and in transition, this was to be expected.
__________________
"This one doesn't take the cake, it takes the bakery" - Gavaskar
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 21st May 2013, 08:38
Sandeep99's Avatar
Sandeep99 Sandeep99 is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Jun 2011
Venue: Hyderabad
Runs: 8,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Executioner
You forgot Sir Jadeja. He can easily destroy the World XI
or atleast Clarke
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 21st May 2013, 08:52
Aman's Avatar
Aman Aman is offline
Face of the PPCW
 
Debut: Jan 2013
Runs: 20,965
World XI 3-0.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 21st May 2013, 10:04
mussu-100's Avatar
mussu-100 mussu-100 is offline
Tape Ball Star
 
Debut: Aug 2011
Venue: Karachi
Runs: 1,001
Probably asia XI for me would be:

Dilshan
Hafeez
Kohli
Younus
Sangakarra
Misbah (C)
Dhoni (WK)
Herath
Ajmal
Junaid
Irfan

Would win the first and lose the other two.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 21st May 2013, 11:24
Aman's Avatar
Aman Aman is offline
Face of the PPCW
 
Debut: Jan 2013
Runs: 20,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussu-100
Probably asia XI for me would be:

Dilshan
Hafeez
Kohli
Younus
Sangakarra
Misbah (C)
Dhoni (WK)
Herath
Ajmal
Junaid
Irfan

Would win the first and lose the other two.
Top order is atrocious compared to
Cook
Smith
Amla
Kallis
Clarke
AB
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 21st May 2013, 13:48
amit's Avatar
amit amit is offline
Local Club Captain
 
Debut: Jan 2005
Venue: New Delhi, India
Runs: 2,494
looking at the current asian xi, compare this to asia xis of the past

asia xi 2009

sehwag
gambhir
dravid
tendulkar
sangakkara(w)
younis khan
laxman
kumble
muralitharan
zaheer khan
asif

asia xi 2000

jayasurya
anwar
dravid
tendulkar
inzamam
mohammad yousuf
moin khan(w)
wasim
waqar
kumble
muralitharan

those were the days
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 21st May 2013, 14:51
infinity's Avatar
infinity infinity is offline
Junior Player
 
Debut: Dec 2011
Runs: 175
Asia XI

1. Kumar Sangakara (C)
2. Virat Kohli
3. Jayawardena
4. Younis Khan
5. Shakib
6. MS Dhoni (wk)
7. Angelo Mathews
8. Saeed Ajmal
9. Rangan Herath
10. Junaid Khan
11. M Irfan

World XI

1. Hashim Amla
2. Alaistair Cook
3. Michael Clark (C)
4. AB Develiers (wk)
5. Chris Gayle
6. Shane Watson
7. Jacques Kallis
8. James Anderson
9. Dale Steyn
10. Sunil Narine
11. Swann

What will happen if test match is at Abu Dhabi
__________________
I N S W I N G Y O R K E R
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 21st May 2013, 14:53
infinity's Avatar
infinity infinity is offline
Junior Player
 
Debut: Dec 2011
Runs: 175
World XI will win
__________________
I N S W I N G Y O R K E R
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 21st May 2013, 15:13
Robert's Avatar
Robert Robert is offline
Test Match Debutant
 
Debut: Nov 2007
Runs: 13,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandokkum
World xi-

Cook
Smith
Amla
KP
Kallis
Clarke (captain)
de villiers (wk)
Philander
Swann
Steyn
Anderson.
I would have ABDV as a batter alone, drop KP and bring in Prior as keeper.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 21st May 2013, 15:17
ads101's Avatar
ads101 ads101 is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Dec 2009
Runs: 11,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
I would have ABDV as a batter alone, drop KP and bring in Prior as keeper.
But if you let AB keep you can get a better batsman in. Prior ain't a good enough bat alone to get in to a World XI. Think the team would be stronger with AB keeping. AB batting + keeping is better than Prior batting + keeping.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 21st May 2013, 17:29
Robert's Avatar
Robert Robert is offline
Test Match Debutant
 
Debut: Nov 2007
Runs: 13,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by ads101
But if you let AB keep you can get a better batsman in. Prior ain't a good enough bat alone to get in to a World XI. Think the team would be stronger with AB keeping. AB batting + keeping is better than Prior batting + keeping.
Well, that's the old argument about whether to have the better keeper or the better batter. I would go for the better keeper because he will take more catches and stumpings and restrict the oppo - it's an attacking move. I though England were stronger with Stewart batting and Russell keeping wicket, for example. Plus the ROW XI has Swann, and ABDV won't know how to keep to him!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 21st May 2013, 17:47
amit's Avatar
amit amit is offline
Local Club Captain
 
Debut: Jan 2005
Venue: New Delhi, India
Runs: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity
Asia XI

1. Kumar Sangakara (C)
2. Virat Kohli
3. Jayawardena
4. Younis Khan
5. Shakib
6. MS Dhoni (wk)
7. Angelo Mathews
8. Saeed Ajmal
9. Rangan Herath
10. Junaid Khan
11. M Irfan

World XI

1. Hashim Amla
2. Alaistair Cook
3. Michael Clark (C)
4. AB Develiers (wk)
5. Chris Gayle
6. Shane Watson
7. Jacques Kallis
8. James Anderson
9. Dale Steyn
10. Sunil Narine
11. Swann

What will happen if test match is at Abu Dhabi
narine ahead of philander & southee narine isnt even in the west indies test team now
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 21st May 2013, 17:55
Robert's Avatar
Robert Robert is offline
Test Match Debutant
 
Debut: Nov 2007
Runs: 13,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity
5. Chris Gayle
6. Shane Watson
Not in a test match - these are top ODI men but mediocre at the long game.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 21st May 2013, 18:59
vandokkum's Avatar
vandokkum vandokkum is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Jan 2013
Runs: 3,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
Not in a test match - these are top ODI men but mediocre at the long game.
The only World xi Watson and gayle will feature in would be IPL xi
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 21st May 2013, 19:02
infinity's Avatar
infinity infinity is offline
Junior Player
 
Debut: Dec 2011
Runs: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
narine ahead of philander & southee narine isnt even in the west indies test team now
COMBINATION of both teams ...... if you look closely you will notice that combination of both teams is close to similarity ............... and another aspect of playing at abu dhabi you should have two spinners ......... WI should give narine a attest go if he is not there than it is WI fault IMO ................. likewise IMO you need aggressive players in the middle such players who can play aggressive shots for longer span of time on crease that Is why gayle was there .......
__________________
I N S W I N G Y O R K E R
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 21st May 2013, 19:51
Haroon Javed's Avatar
Haroon Javed Haroon Javed is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: May 2013
Venue: Imaginations
Runs: 3,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandokkum
Would be fun to have a test series, India/ Pakistan/ SL and Bd vs Eng/ SA/ Aus/ NZ/ WI.

Post your xi's and winner. It will be a 3 match series, first match in Kolkata (turning pitch not dustbowl), second match at Headingley (good seamer condition but not green track) and final match in Sydney(assisting seamers first then turn later) so there is no home advantage.

Asia xi- Dilshan
Vijay
Sangakkara
Pujara
Younis
Jayawardene (captain)
Dhoni (wk)
Junaid
Irfan
Ajmal
Herath

World xi- Cook
Smith
Amla
KP
Kallis
Clarke (captain)
de villiers (wk)
Philander
Swann
Steyn
Anderson.
my teams

Asian XI

G Ganmbir
M jawawerdene
V Kohli
Misbah
Younis
Sangakara (C)
Shakib
U gul
Jkhan
S ajmal
R herath

World xi

H amla
A cook
J Kallis
M clarke
K peterson
AB Devilliors (c)
S watson
Steyn
Philander
anderson
swann

Comments please
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 21st May 2013, 19:52
Haroon Javed's Avatar
Haroon Javed Haroon Javed is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: May 2013
Venue: Imaginations
Runs: 3,631
my teams

(Asian XI)

G Ganmbir
M jawawerdene
V Kohli
Misbah
Younis
Sangakara (C)
Shakib
U gul
Jkhan
S ajmal
R herath

(World x1 )

H amla
A cook
J Kallis
M clarke
K peterson
AB Devilliors (c)
S watson
Steyn
Philander
Anserson
Swann


comments please about my selection
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 21st May 2013, 21:33
chacha kashmiri's Avatar
chacha kashmiri chacha kashmiri is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: May 2008
Runs: 6,656
that row xi is rubbish compared to ones years ago when you had warne, mcgrath and openers like hayden, kirsten, vaughan etc
__________________
''....the sea would be exhausted before the words of my Lord were exhausted... ''(18:109)
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 21st May 2013, 22:14
vandokkum's Avatar
vandokkum vandokkum is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Jan 2013
Runs: 3,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri
that row xi is rubbish compared to ones years ago when you had warne, mcgrath and openers like hayden, kirsten, vaughan etc
It's still some distance better than the Asia xi, the old Asia xi was comparable with previous world xi.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 22nd May 2013, 15:33
SL_Fan's Avatar
SL_Fan SL_Fan is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Oct 2012
Venue: Republic of Wadiya
Runs: 10,710
Asian XI

Pujara
Dhawan
Sanga
YK
Kohli
Dhoni
Matthews/Jadeja
Ajmal
Junaid
Herath
Irfan

World XI

Smith
Cook
Amla
Kallis
KP
Clarke
AB
Swan
Phillander
Anderson/Monty
Steyn

On a spinning wicket the Asian XI would be slight favourites me thinks. Other than that the World XI has too much firepower.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 22nd May 2013, 16:15
Executioner's Avatar
Executioner Executioner is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Mar 2012
Runs: 8,171
You know how weak Asia XI is, when guys like N Hossain, Dhawan, Irfan, Vijay who have played handful of tests are getting picked in the squads
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 22nd May 2013, 16:27
amit's Avatar
amit amit is offline
Local Club Captain
 
Debut: Jan 2005
Venue: New Delhi, India
Runs: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Executioner
You know how weak Asia XI is, when guys like N Hossain, Dhawan, Irfan, Vijay who have played handful of tests are getting picked in the squads
ya thats why i posted some asia xis of the past
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 22nd May 2013, 16:38
shah_1's Avatar
shah_1 shah_1 is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Mar 2012
Runs: 6,620
A really poor comparison really, you know who is going to win that by a huge margin

A better comparison would be SA XI[World no 1 side] vs World XI.

Cook
Dilshan
Sangakara
Clarke
KP
Chanderpaul
Matt Prior
Ajmal
Roach
Siddle
Anderson

vs SA XI

This match would be really interesting, and competitive.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 23rd May 2013, 03:24
Bilal7's Avatar
Bilal7 Bilal7 is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Feb 2012
Venue: Mississauga, Canada
Runs: 9,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by shah_1
A really poor comparison really, you know who is going to win that by a huge margin

A better comparison would be SA XI[World no 1 side] vs World XI.

Cook
Dilshan
Sangakara
Clarke
KP
Chanderpaul
Matt Prior
Ajmal
Roach
Siddle
Anderson

vs SA XI

This match would be really interesting, and competitive.
Junaid should be in for Roach, otherwise this is what the World XI should be like.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 23rd May 2013, 05:36
Muhammad Anas Abbas's Avatar
Muhammad Anas Abbas Muhammad Anas Abbas is offline
Newcomer
 
Debut: May 2013
Venue: Karachi
Runs: 45
If an ODI match is on Sub Continent pitches
World XI
Brendon Mc Cullum
AB De Villiers(wk)
Amla
Pietersen(vice captain)
Clarke(captain)
Kallis
Watson
James Anderson
Dale Steyn
Graeme Swan
Daniel Vettori

Asia XI
Pujara
Tamim Iqbal
Kholi
YK(vice captain)
Sangakkara(captain)
Angelo Mathews
Shakib-ul-Hasan
Junaid Khan
Malinga
Saeed Ajmal
Muhammad Irfan

Last edited by Muhammad Anas Abbas; 23rd May 2013 at 05:38.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 23rd May 2013, 05:48
Muhammad Anas Abbas's Avatar
Muhammad Anas Abbas Muhammad Anas Abbas is offline
Newcomer
 
Debut: May 2013
Venue: Karachi
Runs: 45
If a test cricket is in English conditions
Asia XI
Jayawardane
Kholi
YK
Sangakarra(Vice captain)
Misbah-ul-Haq(Captain)
Rohit Sharma
Irfan Pathan
Junaid Khan
Umer Gul
Kulasekra
Saeed Ajmal

World XI
Cook
Smith
Amla
KP
Clarke
Watson
Prior
Anderson
Steyn
Philander
Graeme Swaan
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 23rd May 2013, 06:01
Muhammad Anas Abbas's Avatar
Muhammad Anas Abbas Muhammad Anas Abbas is offline
Newcomer
 
Debut: May 2013
Venue: Karachi
Runs: 45
If a T-20 is in Batting friendly pitch
World XI
Gayle
Hussey
AB De Villiers(captain)
KP
Brendon Mc Cullum
Bravo
Watson
Sunil Narine
Morne Morkel
Anderson
Roach

Asia XI
Dilshan
Ahmed Shehzad
Kholi
Raina
Muhammad Hafeez(vice Captain)
M.S Dhoni(Captain)
Shahid Afridi
Kumar
Gul
Malinga
Ajmal
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:56.



Powered by: vBulletin and VBAdvanced CMPS
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
PakPassion™ © copyright 2014 All Rights Reserved. Content on PakPassion™ requires permission for reprint.