In his latest article for FirstPost Sports, Saj explains why Fakhar Zaman's progress is remarkable given that he is certainly not one of those cricketers who have had the privilege of political backing, a silver spoon or indeed selectors who favoured him.
Regarded as one of Pakistan's most dependable Test batsmen, former ODI captain Azhar Ali has had to contend with the added responsibility of being regarded as one of the natural successors to the two retired Pakistan greats, Misbah-ul-Haq and Younis Khan.
The circle of life spares no one. Nature's innate purpose is to remove the old and withered and replace it with the new and budding. Naturally, this applies to the Pakistani Cricket Team as well. Over the past 3 years, the Pakistani ...
As chief selector, he saw his Pakistan side hold England to a 1-1 Test series draw, featuring a famous victory at Lord's. So how does Inzamam-ul-Haq think India will fare in their upcoming five-match series against Joe Root's side, and how will ...
Talent Spotter : Saud Shakeel
Saud Shakeel is a promising young talent from Karachi who bats left-handed and is also a part-time slow...
Talent Spotter : Hasan Raza
18 year-old Hasan Raza is a left-handed middle order batsman from Mirpur who has been a regular for...
Talent Spotter : Israrullah
Latest Talent Spotter section puts the spot light on Peshawar Panther's player who has been called up for...
See how many of these questions all about the 2003 World Cup, you can answer correctly.
1. The 2003 World Cup was primarily hosted in which country?
2. Which country won the competition?
3. Who were the runners up?
4. What was the margin of victory in the final?
5. Which Zimbabwean made the highest individual score in the competition?
6. Which Indian was the highest runscorer in the 2003 World Cup?
7. Who was the tournament's leading wicket-taker?
8. Which Australian took 7 for 20 and scored a crucial 34 not out in Australia's 2 wicket win against England?
9. Canada were dismissed for 36 by which team?
10. Which Canadian reached a century off 67 balls against the West Indies?
11. Which 4 countries reached the semi-finals of the 2003 World Cup?
12. Which country refused to play Kenya because of safety fears?
13. Which country refused to play in Zimbabwe because of fears over player's safety?
14. The first bowler to take a 5 wicket haul in the tournament played for which country?
15. Kenya beat which 3 Test playing nations during the competition?
16. Who was the top scorer in the final?
17. South Africa were involved in a tie with which country in the group stage?
18. Kenya's Asif Karim recorded the impressive figures of 8.2 - 6 - 7 - 3 against which country?
19. Which 5 Test playing nations failed to reach the Super Six stage of the competition?
20. The final was held in which city?