Mohammad Abbas has England's top-order in his sights. As the Pakistan seamer prepares for Leicestershire's first County Championship match, against Sussex, the 28-year-old tells Saj Sadiq (for Sky Sports) how he hopes to forge a successful new-ball partnership in Test cricket with ...
An instant crowd favourite at the recently concluded 3rd edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL), Samit Patel earned praise for his outstanding bowling performances for the title winners, Islamabad United, as well as his decision to visit Pakistan to play the final of the ...
Plucked from relative obscurity, 20-year-old Ibtisam Sheikh became a fan favourite at the recently concluded Pakistan Super League. Although he had been successful at the inter-district Under 19 level, he had only played 2 first-class games and just one List A match ...
In his latest blog for PakPassion.net, Yasir Arafat writes about the positives to be taken from the tour of Pakistan by an under-strength West Indies side, why the Pakistan Super League (PSL) has proved crucial in improving Pakistan's bench-strength, his views on ...
Talent Spotter : Saud Shakeel
Saud Shakeel is a promising young talent from Karachi who bats left-handed and is also a part-time slow...
Talent Spotter : Mukhtar Ahmed
Unheard of less than a month ago, Sialkot Stallions’ Mukhtar Ahmed burst onto the scene with the...
Talent Spotter : Bilawal Bhatti
Twenty year old allrounder Bilawal Bhatti has already earned high praise from the former Pakistan...
See how many of these questions all about the 2003 World Cup, you can answer correctly.
1. The 2003 World Cup was primarily hosted in which country?
2. Which country won the competition?
3. Who were the runners up?
4. What was the margin of victory in the final?
5. Which Zimbabwean made the highest individual score in the competition?
6. Which Indian was the highest runscorer in the 2003 World Cup?
7. Who was the tournament's leading wicket-taker?
8. Which Australian took 7 for 20 and scored a crucial 34 not out in Australia's 2 wicket win against England?
9. Canada were dismissed for 36 by which team?
10. Which Canadian reached a century off 67 balls against the West Indies?
11. Which 4 countries reached the semi-finals of the 2003 World Cup?
12. Which country refused to play Kenya because of safety fears?
13. Which country refused to play in Zimbabwe because of fears over player's safety?
14. The first bowler to take a 5 wicket haul in the tournament played for which country?
15. Kenya beat which 3 Test playing nations during the competition?
16. Who was the top scorer in the final?
17. South Africa were involved in a tie with which country in the group stage?
18. Kenya's Asif Karim recorded the impressive figures of 8.2 - 6 - 7 - 3 against which country?
19. Which 5 Test playing nations failed to reach the Super Six stage of the competition?
20. The final was held in which city?