Mohammad Abbas has England's top-order in his sights. As the Pakistan seamer prepares for Leicestershire's first County Championship match, against Sussex, the 28-year-old tells Saj Sadiq (for Sky Sports) how he hopes to forge a successful new-ball partnership in Test cricket with ...
An instant crowd favourite at the recently concluded 3rd edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL), Samit Patel earned praise for his outstanding bowling performances for the title winners, Islamabad United, as well as his decision to visit Pakistan to play the final of the ...
Plucked from relative obscurity, 20-year-old Ibtisam Sheikh became a fan favourite at the recently concluded Pakistan Super League. Although he had been successful at the inter-district Under 19 level, he had only played 2 first-class games and just one List A match ...
In his latest blog for PakPassion.net, Yasir Arafat writes about the positives to be taken from the tour of Pakistan by an under-strength West Indies side, why the Pakistan Super League (PSL) has proved crucial in improving Pakistan's bench-strength, his views on ...
Talent Spotter : Bilawal Bhatti
Twenty year old allrounder Bilawal Bhatti has already earned high praise from the former Pakistan...
Talent Spotter : Karamat Ali
The Pakistan Under-19s leg-spinner speaks to PakPassion about his introduction to cricket, his...
Talent Spotter : Mohammad Rizwan
PakPassion spoke to highly-rated 20 year-old wicket-keeper batsman Mohammad Rizwan who was on the...
Time to get those brain cells working overtime and cast your mind back to the 1983 World Cup.
By Saj Sadiq (8th December, 2016)
1. Which country hosted the 1983 World Cup?
2. Who were the winners of the 1983 World Cup?
3. Who were the beaten finalists in the 1983 World Cup?
4. What was the highest individual score in the 1983 World Cup final?
5. Which renowned slow scorer opened the batting for England throughout the tournament?
6. Which member of the Zimbabwe squad later went on to play Test cricket for England?
7. Who smashed 175 not out from just 138 balls against Zimbabwe in their second match in June?
8. Which England seamer turned commentator went for 82 runs from his 12 overs against Sri Lanka?
9. New Zealand's Martin Sneddon had bowling figures of 12-1-105-2 against which country?
10. Who captained England in the competition?
11. Who was named Man of the Match in Zimbabwe's shock win over Australia?
12. Which Lancastrian opened the batting for England in the tournament?
13. Which Indian seamer was the leading wicket taker in the 1983 World Cup?
14. Which Pakistani leg-spinner took 4-21 against New Zealand?
15. Which current umpire was England's wicket-keeper in 1983?
16. Which English born Australian took 6-39 in a group game against India?
17. Who scored 130 for England against Sri Lanka?
18. How many runs did India score in the final?
19. Which Indian seamer took 3-21 in the final?
20. Who was named Man of the Match in the final?